Jack Thompson Says He is Running for “Bully” Judge’s Seat

Game-bashing attorney Jack Thompson claims to throwing his hat into the political ring.

In a lengthy press release issued on Thursday, the controversial attorney says that he plans to run for a judgeship on the Eleventh Judicial Circuit in Miami. If that court sounds familiar to GamePolitics readers, it’s because the Bully court case has been playing out there in recent weeks before Judge Ronald Friedman.

In fact, it’s Friedman’s seat which Thompson hopes to claim in the 2008 election.  Thompson has been harshly critical of Judge Friedman in the wake of the jurist’s decision not to block the release of Bully. Thompson had sought to have the game declared a “public nuisance.”

Circuit court judges in Florida are elected for six-year terms. The outspoken attorney says he is announcing his candidacy early in order to raise sufficient campaign money.

However, a source familiar with the Miami judiciary speculated that Thompson’s announced candidacy could also be a tactic designed to force Judge Friedman to recuse himself from the Bully case, for which additional motions are pending – including, apparently, one filed by opposing counsel which seeks to hold Thompson in contempt.

Will we be calling Jack Thompson “Your Honor?”

Only time will tell.

Anonymouse says:

swj719, you shall burn in hell heathen. God will reign supreme and come judgement day none of you shall stand before him in righteousness. Live your lives playing this corrupt trash then what will you have to say to God when he asks you what you have done? Fall on your knees and follow HIM for he is your Lord and only redemption.

swj719 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Trust me… The right (in general) doesn’t like Jackie any more than anyone else does…

If anything, the more Liberal of society (the ACLU et al) are more his style…

Regardless, he’s a toad. He’s persistant, I’ll give him that, but remember the old saying: “Winners never quit, and quitters never win… But those who never quit and never win are idiots…”

BTW says:

This links to a cartoon myself and my friend are producing. We’re currently developing an episode with the sole purpose of scouring the Earth of Jack Thompson (and Hillary Clinton and other anti-game people who don’t actually play games). It’ll actually probably end up being at least two episodes (they’re going to run about five minutes each), but we’ll get to see why JT really hates games, why he hates R* in particular so much, who he really works for, and much, much more.

It’ll probably be at least a month until the first JT episode is completed, but trust me, it’s going to be brutal. We’ll probably be sued by JT himself. 😛

Brer says:

Remember that it’s not -just- the Supreme Court that’s appointed. So are all the Federal District Court Judges (again, with Senate approval required, continuing the checks and balances). Plus Supreme Court justices can review and (if necessary) remove judges from any lower court, meaning that the ones from previous administrations can also act as a check, although that’s very rare and would require a rather egregious violation of Judicial ethics.

As for JT’s chances, I think the idea that this is a legal tactic to slip out of the contempt charge is far more likely than the idea that he actually wants to be a local Judge. As a local judge JT would be under even closer scrutiny by the Florida Bar (a group we already know he has a rather mixed relationship with) and his actions would be constrained by the requirements of his office. It would effectively end his days as advisor to anti-game legislators and television talk show guest, and I find it hard to believe that he’s ready to give that up yet.

Benji says:

I have to admit that this wouldn’t be such a horrible idea if not for the fact that we all already don’t trust JBT’s motives. I’m current working on a Master’s degree and have on occasion thought of trying for a Ph.D and a professorship as a career because I’ve had a lot of crummy professors and figure that I can likely do a better job than some of them. And honestly, the same line of reasoning applies to a number of people running for legislative offices – “I believe my representative is doing a poor job, and if no one will offer to do a better job, then I will!” Ned Lamont’s campaign against Lieberman, for one, always seemed like it followed this line of reasoning.
    The catches with it, of where there are two I can think of: one, it helps if you’re motivated by an actual desire to be useful and not some personal issue. If JBT thought poorly of the judge and thinks he can do better, and wants to do better to serve the community – good on him for being a good citizen. But that’s a dubious claim in light of all this talk of judicial manuevering and loopholes. Second is a question of capability – would you actually be a better man for the job than the current guy? I might be giving myself too much credit thinking I’d be a good professor; JBT might likewise give himself too much credit. Hard to really say if you don’t have much related experience, and JBT’s previous interactions with the law are enough to raise some serious questions.

Benji says:

Brer: In a perfect world, I’d agree with you, but in a perfect world there wouldn’t always be such a big deal about who’s being nominated to the Supreme Court. The law’s a bit fuzzy on a number of things, and people are apparently only so capable of making objective judgments without being confused by personal biases. However, I would agree that a system of complex appointments would be best – it means the decision is not entirely in the hands of the easily swayed masses but also not entirely in the hands of one person that could use judicial appointments to help push an agenda.

Mnementh2230 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

There is no way in hell that Thompson would ever become a judge. If he stays in the race, I will form a Political Action Group – people against John Bruce Thompson. All I will do is gather all the hateful and downright stupid things JBT has written on the internet, and make silent commercials about them. Using his wikiquote site would help. I would accept monetary donations from EVERYFARKINGWHERE and I would run these commercials anywhere I could.

If JBT keeps this up, I solemnly swear I will bring him down in the most publicly humiliating way possible. I will destroy his career and any shred of respect he has left with the public. I will do so by presenting the facts, and nothing more, including his courtroom antics, his response to Flowers for Jack, and the idiocy he perpetrated with Janet Reno quite a while back.

Do you hear me JBT? You have no chance in hell of winning. I’ve alread started production of the first commercial – it’s a black background, silent commercial with shreds of paper floating past, close to the camera, detailing just how immature and depraved you really are. The end, when it is finished, will say “Is this really the kind of person you want deciding law?” Every fact will be presented with proper context, every quote will have a footnote detailing where it came from. I will let the truth speak for itself, so you can’t even sue me for libel. I short, your public reputation will be utterly destroyed. Continue at your own peril – you’ve already destroyed any chance you ever had at a political career, I’m just the tool that will use your own words like a hammer, driving the final nail in the coffin.

Zephroth says:

I think he will do less damage as a judge than a lawyer. As a judge he would no longer be able to create the lawsuits that he has in the past few years. No other lawyers that I know of are willing to create the contriversial lawsuits. old jack has lost it.

Lost Question ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Our favorite punching bag has more-or-less no plan. He’s just lashing out with little thought to whats going to happen next.
    or thats how it seems

Kincyr ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Omega_Bahamut: If Jack does call himself King Solomon, just keep in mind that Solomon did have over 1000 sexual partners. (I Kings 11:1-3 confirms this) Another fine example of family values from one of God’s favourites.

Brainswarm ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Is there anyone here who knows the process to become a judge in Florida? I’m interested, in particular, what kind of hurdles our favorite punching bag is going to face in his attempt to bring down the bill of rights. And how does his college tour work into his master plan?

Personally, I think he has less chance of becoming a judge than a Green Party candidate has of becoming President, but Jack either knows this, and is just going for publicity, or really is that deluded.

Brer says:

Your mistake here is conflating -making- law with -interpreting- law. The people who -make- the law (the legislators) are supposed to serve the will of the people. The people who -interpret- the law (the judiciary and the police) serve -the law-,first instead of the people in order to maintain impartiality and objectivity. To put it another way, they serve the public only indirectly: by impartially and objectively interpreting (judges) and enforcing (police) the law . Turn judges into politicians and you’ve dangerously undermined their impartiality.

FoxmanZEO says:

Remember that time when some guy couldn’t get his own way, so he/she decided to change the system so they’d always get their own way?

And then discovered that they were in fact just warming the bench in the courtroom.

Jack Thompson had his time, now we have a new wave of ‘angry moms’ and ‘concerned citizens’. It’s the way this stuff has been going on for ages, some groups are succesful and eventually survive to appear on many current affairs programs…

Others… well they grow old, tired, and become like some kind of amusing side show, like watching ants chew through a discraded biscuit.

I really hope Mr. Thompson finds a new gimmick before this garbage destroys his carreer entirely.

AgnostoTheo ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Timbo: “Even if Jack made judge, he would not be allowed to preside over any case concerning games given his past.”

Let’s expand that list hmn? Videogames, Music, Politicians, school shootings, common sense, etc etc.

Timbo ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Even if Jack did make judicial office, which I can only pray doesnt happen, there is the wonderful little thing called “conflict of interest”. Even if Jack made judge, he would not be allowed to preside over any case concerning games given his past

Yuki says:

Chances that Jack could even run? zero percent.

Let me explain. In order to run, he would automaticly put himself at the mercy of the florida bar. It would be a cinch at that point for the Game industry to get him disbarred, as just the fact that he’s attempting an end run around the legal system would put him in violation of no less then a dozen codes of conduct, both in florida and nation wide.

Whats more, if he ever did get elected, the industry would be able to bury him in controversy in no time. Lets face it, theres so much evidance against him, it’d be over in no time flat. He’d never get the chance to hear one case.

Lastly, if the contempt of court thing goes through, Jacks royally boned. Thats why he’s pulling this stunt. he’s terrified that the industry is now actually fighting back.

I told you once, I told you twice, if the industry was smart, he’d be in court till the end of his days with all the lawsuits they could slap on him.

Majestic_12_x ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

You suck your honor……can I have your job?
    So when can we expect a lawsuit after he’s lost this battle? Can you imagine if he loses to a woman? He’s going to be calling her a closet lesbian and handing her little surveys. How professional, eh?

arcadia ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

If he is unable to bring cases to himself (I’m not sure on this so hopefully someone can correct me if I’m wrong) wouldn’t that be a good thing for us? Then he’d pretty much be stuck with nothing but florida cases to preside over.

I say vote for Thompson to watch him fall flat on his face, it would at least get him out of our hair for sometime.

Benji says:

@Brer: No, this is an outstanding reason why judges should NOT be appointed. If they’re elected, then it would mean Jack, in order to become a judge, has to look like the most qualified candidate to 50% of the voters. If they were appointed, he’d have to look like the best candidate to ONE important, like-minded person in power. The entire concept of democracy is that any official is accountable to the people and is supposed to make decisions based on what THEY want, not what HE wants.
    (or she wants, if that’s the case, we’re equal opportunity here)

ZippyDSMlee says:

SO he is going to become a judge to effect game laws but he will never see a game case because hes bais …….only jacko understands the logic of it….

Truec says:

I see this is being nothing but good. If Jack is stuck as a judge in Florida, he can’t travel around the country dragging video games into every under-18 murder case he can find. And any stupid rulings he makes would be appealed anyway. Go for it Jack!

Odysseyman says:

There’s no way that a welcoming recipient of the ACLU’s “Censor of the Year” award would stand a chance of becoming a judge. -That- is a conflict of interest right there. Any person running against him certainly has a fine stable of publically available material to work with to prove he’s not fit for an elected position of power.
    I don’t think we’ve got much to worry about.

LightWarrior ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Ok after reading this some people did make a few good points.

Can he bring cases to court himself anymore?

I don’t see this working out for him because there is ALOT more too it when being a judge…..seeing as how Take-Two and Rock start seem to be his obcession and his “life”….he won’t last long or win because he’ll have to worry about a crap load of other cases and issues….though he might try to bring video games into a non-video game related issue…then again Judges can’t do that…..can they? They can’t bring stuff to court themselfs…

Other another point was made that REALLY annoyed me…

Is he doing this to get out of the hot seat?…Being in comtempt and running for judge to get out of that?….Man that just annoys me….what an excuse….he’ll have to follow up on this now…if he just happens to drop out a few months later…can he…can he even still get held for comtempt or anything?

Kyouryuu says:

But just think of how entertaining the negative campaign ads would be!

Jack Thompson as judge? Hmm, not likely. Unless it was on FOX. Oh yes, it could come right after The Peoples Court, right? Enter, Judge Thompson’s courtroom! Where the cases are real, the litigants are real, and the rulings are subjective!

One_Winged_Angel says:

This can’t be…. if he was judge, he would start allowing all sorts of pointless video game laws. However, it may not happen because he’s still a braindead idiot.

pixelante_ninja ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Now this, this will be interesting, if anything things tend to come to light when you run for office, and if how he really is is revealed, he’ll have to jump through hoops trying to get support.

LightWarrior ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I’m going to love reading the comments section on this artical.

But “If you can’t beat em, join em”….

Though I see this as a cry baby attempt that he can’t get his way so he’ll try to become the person with power to try to get his way…if he became a judge we might as well turn the first admendment into toilet paper….

The question is. I’m actually worried. I’m not knowledgable as most of you on courts and stuff…but is this even possable?

MaskedPixelante ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

oh dear… Jack Thompson as a judge. I’m guessing no one under 18 gets a fair trial in HIS court.

Jack: So what did you do?
    Boy: I beat up my friend in self defense…
    Jack: Ok, so you say you played Bully and murdered everyone at your school.
    Boy: What? NO!
    Jack: Too late, I’m the judge and what I say goes. Guards, take him to the tower. DEATH PENALTY! DEATH PENALTY!

konrad_arflane ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Sorry, but this has got to be the funniest thing I’ve heard all week. Jack is the complete antithesis of the ideal judge – biased, temperamental, and doesn’t exactly have a solid grasp of law. Even without the dirt we might supply, I can’t imagine him winning an election against any minimally qualified opponent.

And of course, even if he were to win, it might actually be even better for gaming, since there’s no way in hell he’d ever get to try a game-related case with his proven bias.

Thefremen says:

If he becomes a judge, will he stop sending out emails about how he just farted, and emails where he uses bad grammar to make threats on people’s lives?

OldschoolVgamer says:

Dammit jccalhoun, you beat me to it. What people should do to stop his step into political office is bring out everything he’s done behind the scenes: Penny Arcade, Flower For Jack, every innaccuracy and lie he has pulled out, and every nasty letter, email, and message board post he has ever done to the gaming community and industry to ruin his chances of ever getting any money or spotlight ever again. I believe once he told a gamer the F-word twice in one message. Not very professional, is it?

I encourage everyone who is going to be living in Miami around that time to try and bring it all out. Ruin his chances of coming out into politics.

Black Manta ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Upon further reflection, both this and his earlier letter to Patricia Vance both smack of desperation. Jack’s running scared now. He knows he lost a case that was very significant to his career and has done serious damage to his credibility. He’s now trying anything he can to salvage what little he has left. I once said earlier when he announced his involvement in the Cody Posey case that he was like a drowning man desperately trying to cling to anything he could to keep from going under. This, ladies and gentlemen, is further proof of that.

Samson Effect ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

PyroHazard: I roffled.

More to the point, Jack seriously has no hope in hell of winning a judge’s seat. Patent inability to be unbiased or even civil when it comes to gaming issues, especially online, but even in discussions in the real world and courts of law, his composure is starting to unravel, reflexively spewing vitriol at Rockstar/Take-Two, stuff like that. He’ll never get that seat, and I would encourage all the gamers who are of age to vote in 2008 make sure that he doesn’t get that seat (assuming the general public does indeed vote on that.)

And there’s a motion to hold him in contempt? Someone down there finally got sick of him being unable to hold his tongue, I guess.

Dustin1986 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I always knew that things would get a lot stranger before we’re done hearing about him. If this actually goes anywhere, I think things might get nasty. Can you imagine an attack ad from Jack? Also, I’m not sure that he’s going to get elected based solely on his position on video games. I’m guessing that’s going to be the focus of his campaign. This has the potential of a lot of unintentional humor on Jack’s part. Let’s just hope he doesn’t accuse this opponent of being gay, like he did with Janet Reno. Is she still being blackmailed by the mafia about that Jack?

I wonder how far he’ll take it? He might chicken out, but we’ll just see.

GoodRobotUs ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Not sure, but I think that is the general idea, if the contempt hearing is true then it would mean that the Judge would not be able to try someone who is running for judge for contempt of court, hence Jack does his usual and abuses the law simply to try and get away with his own cock-up.

jccalhoun ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Aren’t judges prohibited from voicing their personal opinions on topics relating to the law? (Or is that just the custom?) Then that would mean that Jack wouldn’t be able to say his inaccurate and inflamatory comments about videogames! Vote for Jack! Vote for Jack! Vote for Jack!

SEriously, if anyone runs against him, he won’t have a chance. After all the trouble he gave Janet Reno when she ran for office, he should know that every bit of dirty laundry, whether it is even true or not, will be aired in the run up to the election. Hell, all an opponent has to do is go to wikipedia and he or she will have more than enough dirt to smear Jack’s name behound repair. Actually this could work well for us. If an opponent actually does air Jacks crazy antics, perhaps the mainstream media will get the hint and stop paying attention to him!

BearDogg-X says:

However, a source familiar with the Miami judiciary speculated that Thompson’s announced candidacy could also be a tactic designed to force Judge Friedman to recuse himself from the Bully case, for which additional motions are pending – including, apparently one which seeks to hold Thompson in contempt.

Wouldn’t Jack have to recuse himself from this case as well, since he alledges to be running for Friedman’s seat on the bench?

Attack Gypsy ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Oh goodie, Jack is going to run for judge.

You DO realize that it is now “Open Season” , to abuse a phrase, on him. We have so much stuff on him, its pathetic.

Have at, folks! I can see the Op-Ed pieces now. Start sending them…

Josh says:

Basically, Jack is saying “Well if I can’t get my way, I’ll just get rid of the authority figure that is in my way and I can rule all! Bwhahahaha!” I can’t wait to see him lose. I think all gamers in Florida who are over 18 and registered to vote should go all out to make sure Jacko doesn’t get that judge seat.

GoodRobotUs ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

‘including, apparently one which seeks to hold Thompson in contempt.’

If this is confirmed, I think it would be the crux of the matter. After all, if theres still Bar compaints outstanding against him, that _really_ isn’t going to help him, and he knows it.

BustermanZero ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Okay, he’s a lawyer who’s pretending to know the law and now thinks he’s better than it despite being proved wrong several times? I dunno which is more pathetic, if he’s serious or if he isn’t.

Chuma ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I dont think I have laughed out loud at a headline for a while.

I think we should consider it a public service to inform any panel for the election of judges of his behaviour online. It really wouldn’t be fair of them to make such a decision without all of the facts :)

GoodRobotUs ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

The ESA and ESRB would only have to submit some of the letters he’s sent them to give evidence of his incapability to be objective. Not a wanted trait in a judge.

aniki21 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Can judges introduce legislation or file suit against “public nuisances”? Seems to me, that’s the thing JBT likes best about being a lawyer, and if he’s going to give that up in the hope someone else’ll put legislation forward…

Not to mention, even if he did pass some anti-game law, it’d just get appealed all the way up.

mechboy ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Can you imagine what it would be like if he lost? We’ve seen how he acts when he loses a court case, just think of his reaction if he lost an election.

Liine says:

@Benji. I believe complex appointment procedures are the best form of nomination for lower level courts. Lets say 50 Lawyers make a pitch for the position, then Jack has to look like one of the best 3-5-7 candidates out of those 50 in the eyes of his peers, other judges, NGOs and the Legislative Body. Then he would have to look like the best candidate out of those 3-5-7 nominees in the eyes of The head of the executive + 2/3 of the legislative branch. Much safer and better than heavy politicized elections were Jack can appeal to the “Would anyone please think about the children” population

Mauler ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Winning the seat could be the best thing for everyone involved. He wouldn’t be allowed to whore himself out there for the cases he currently takes and he would have to immediately recuse himself for any cases involving those same cases for an obvious conflict of interest. Failing to recuse himself would bring on real sanctions against him as a judge for all sorts of hilarity.

pix ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Does he really have a chance?

The ease at which you could produce something stupid this guy has said…actually come to think about it let him run it would take away any credibility he has in the press.

I’m pretty sure this won’t work. You can’t try to create conflicts of interest to force a recusal if you don’t like a judge. Even if it did, Friedman gave Thompson more leeway than I think most judges would, demanding to see the game and all. He’d do worse with whoever it got reassigned to.

beemoh ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Nothing to worry about here- look at that Wikipedia page-

28 U.S.C. sec. 155, captioned “Bias or prejudice of judge,” provides that under circumstances, when a party to a case in a United States District Court files a “timely and sufficient affidavit that the judge before whom the matter is pending has a personal bias or prejudice either against him or in favor of an adverse party,” the case shall be transferred to another judge.

if that extends down to district courts, then he won’t last thirty seconds on any game case. That, of course, depends on who decides if the affidavit is timely and sufficient…

Bissel ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Well, really, if he does anything stupid, like win and start ruling on all sorts of video game cases (…can a judge bring up a video game case before himself??) you know the higher courts will hear all about it. And odds are, they’ll reverse the decision…

Boffo97 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

It has to be at least unethical to announce one’s candidacy for the judgeship currently held by the judge one is currently arguing in front of. If this is the case though, it won’t be like Thompson will gain anything. If anything, Friedman was biased against the gaming side (demanding Bully be produced before release despite lack of proper bonding for such a request).

I wonder if he intends to try and make Friedman fill in a checkbox form on his sexual orientation.

markdstandridge ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Well, we all know how well his political run againt Janet Reno went…

There is at least one other (sinister) motive that I can come up with for Jack’s new-found desire to sit on the bench. Fla. Bar Reg. R. 4-8.2(a) states: “A lawyer shall not make a statement that the lawyer knows to be false or with reckless disregard as to its truth or falsity concerning the qualifications or integrity of a judge…or candidate for election or appointment to judicial or legal office.”

Jack could be trying to make an end-run around other attorneys’ ability to criticize him (legitimately or otherwise) by cloaking himself with “I’m running for judge, you can’t attack me!”

Of course, there’s Fla. Bar Reg. R. 4-8.2(b): “A lawyer who is a candidate for judicial office shall comply with the applicable provisions of Florida’s Code of Judicial Conduct.” Based on his past performance, I’m guessing Jack might have a problem with this one.

GoodRobotUs ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Well, if nothing else, this proves that Jack admits that all his so-called ‘reasonable’ excuses were bullshit, and that his only step forward is the Dirty Tricks club.

Siftr says:

Mark, I read the last part of your post and I died laughing. Considering that thompson tried to sue the florida bar, or whatnot, that just made it impossible for him to get elected.

anyways, I don’t believe he’ll even be seen, because even if he becomes a judge, he will have to resign to just torturing florida residents.

nightwng2000 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

“….for which additional motions are pending – including, apparently one which seeks to hold Thompson in contempt.”

Cripes, if only this were “Starship Trooper” reality where the next line would be “Would you like to hear more?” I’d break my rollerball’s left button jabbing at the “Yes” button on the screen. :)

NW2K Software

Nigh_Towl says:

Christ, This means all cases against video games will be guilty. He will not look at the facts of them. We all just need to hope he does not get the position.

Black Manta ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

So according to Jack’s logic, when all else fails, take the law into your own hands so that YOU can interpret it however YOU want.

I swear to gods, this guy is truly a megalomaniac. Now there’s no hiding it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: he must be stopped. If not through the legal system, then by any means necessary.

@ beemoh

Hopefully you’re right. And if that’s the case, his career will implose right then and there.

BTW, I am serious about the class-action lawsuit. If my friend’s dad gets back to me and says it has merit, we’ll be defintiely be going forward with it.

PyroHazard ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Judge: Jack, please sit down and stop hopping around. This is a courtroom, not a circus.

Jack: Your honor! These porn-peddlers are corrupting our youth and if that coloumbine sim…

Judge: Call it a “Coloumbine Simulator” again and I will hold you in comtempt…

Jack: …Sir, if Bully is not put out as a ‘public nuisance’ soon, an epidemic will occur that will be worse than the hurricanes here in Florida.

Judge: Mr. Thompson, I have made my final verdict and I am sticking to…

Jack: FINE! You know what! If things aren’t done in the name of the lord and myself, I will make damn sure you are thrown out of your seat by 2008!

Judge: …2008?

Jack: When I beat you in the race for your seat! Brain-dead pixelantes will know me as the honorable ‘Judge Dredd’!

Phoenix Wright: OBJECTION!

Judge: Hey…how did you…

Wright: ‘Judge Dredd’ is a trademark name protected by the copyright of John Wagner. In no way, shape, or form, can Mr. Thompson use it as his alter ego…

Thompson: No, you idiot. My alter-ego is Batman. Duh.

GetWellGamers ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

He’s out fo his gourd. That “release” looks more like a post on GameFAQs. Heaven help that poor moron if he tries to enter the political arean again- his past indiscretions will get him eaten alive.

Kharne ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I have to agree with Bissel: If he wins, the case will simply move to higher courts that will likely undo his rulings.

But before we even get to that. Does he even stand a chance? He has a clear and obvious bias. His professional attitude offline is starting to fall apart. And his entire reason for running for judge is narrow-minded and selfish. In short, he has nothing.

So he can’t win, and if he could the higher courts would prevent him from doing what he wants anyway. A waste of effort.