ECA Announces T-shirt Design Contest Winners !!!

Yes, we said winners… Two, to be exact.

Word has just come down from the ECA command bunker, and here are the two winning T-shirt designs (in no particular order):

“Contrary to popular opinion…” by Mike Thompson

“Fight Back…”  by Ryan Le Roux

GP: Big congratz to Mike and Ryan!!!

But there’s more good news. ECA is going to do something for everyone who submitted a design. Most likely, every contestant gets a T-shirt. Finalists get some ECA schwag in addition. As for the two winning entries, as we said up front:

Our fearless leader, Hal Halpin, promises to wear the winning design at E3 during his interviews with leading TV shows on camera and in photo shoots with websites, newspapers and magazines.

Very cool, indeed!

timada says:

Great to see some t-shirts making a point against those who are mis-informed about video games. Video games don’t encourage violence anymore then the millions of violent films do.

Carbonatedgravy says:

I actually prefer the second. I don’t think THAT many people actually believe video games cause violence, at least to a substantial degree, so I’d feel like a social hypochondriac wearing that first shirt.

chadachada ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I like the first the best, as a political shirt that i’d wear once in awhile, but the second the best as “fashionable” not to sound gay or anything

Scazza ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

You can kinda tell the first shirt tried to avoid the “consolley-correct” by not picking any one controller over the other (to appease fanboys), but he also avoided the generic controller (rightly so), and it kinda seems too forced. Its a great idea, and the message is stellar… but the design is kinda hindered by itself… Also the shirt will be out dated in a few years, heh.

The second one is stylish looking, but agree that it is also kinda “violent” and I thought the whole point was to show that gamers arn’t just rabid blood thirsty FPS animals…

However, both are decent I guess, and maybe I will pick them up… Kudos to you guys….

Oni ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I’ll definitely be getting the controller one. Damn I love that design, and I was hoping that it would win.

I just hope they’ll be able to ship to Canada.

Matthew ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

That first shirt won? How? It’s cluttered, uses potentially infringing images, and breaks the first law of propaganda: It includes the subphrase “make me a killer” leading people who see it to question why popular opinion suggests the wearer is a violent criminal. There are far more subtle ways of getting that message across without “protesting too much.” Am I the only one who gets that impression?

Tammej says:

Furthermore: So far many if not most of those supposedly threatening “Killer games” have been PC games. The T-Shirt doesn’t represent them.

Tammej says:

Personally, I’d probably design a T-Shirt with the stylised image of something video games can all relate to, while still making sure it’s within the fair use rights to do that (so no Pac-Man there). Then I’d simply write “We come in Peace” underneath.

Quincunx says:

Agreed Tammej : / The first, doesn’t include a PC mouse. Why must PC gamers always be left out? You can’t convince me that they don’t represent a large percentage of gamers.

Flaps ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

*Wonders where the 360 and PS3 controllers will fall on a…full figured woman*

Yes, my mind is in the toilet, but still…

Catheter says:

Hey awesome, I’ve found my cool dragon shirt doesn’t get me beat up anymore in the adult world, so Thompson’s design might be just what I need.

[…] hits Just Got Some Great News Saturday July 07th 2007, 12:05 am Filed under: MIKE’S POSTS, GENERAL While this isn’trelated to Red Truck Wines or the cross country trip, I just found out that a T-shirt layout I submitted for a contest has been chosen as one of two winning designs by the Entertainment Consumers Association as their official shirt. This is pretty huge, since the ECA is a large mover-and-shaker in the gaming industry, and its president is going to wear both shirts during TV interviews and photo shoots at E3 (one of the biggest gaming conventions of the year). […]