Jack Thompson Has Apparent Heart Ailment

Anti-game attorney Jack Thompson, facing disciplinary action and embroiled in a pair of contentious lawsuits against the Florida Bar, wrote in a Federal District Court motion yesterday that he is suffering from cardiac arrhythmia as well as chest pains. He added that the ailments seem stress-related. From Thompson’s court filing:

Thack Jompson says:

A thought occured…

As I was playing Shogun: Total War I checked the status of one of my rival generals. Having beaten him numerous times his honor dropped to -1 and the caption said that his low honor is having a negative and demoralizing effect on everyone around him, and to let it continue…

Jack, I support you 100% in your upcoming court date, may you live well and continue your fight against all which you do not understand.

Thack Jompson says:

If only Court TV would cover it… what a day that would be!

Jackie Jack Jack Jack… I stopped pulling the “I’m sick, yo!” stunt back in elementary school, and since my parents saw through my lies, as the court saw through yours… it didn’t work.

Way to lower the bar, buddy.. I’m changing my major from Law to Programming

HurricaneJesus says:

Oh and I absolutely LOVED reading this part:

“Disclose and make it clear also that The Florida Bar now has pending against you in the Supreme Court of this state a number of complaints and cases, one a forty page complaint for unethical conduct in violation of the Rules, and those charges not only include disparaging litigants and judges abusively and recklessly, but engaging in conduct designed to disrupt a tribunal; and lying to the courts, and conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice; for engaging in conduct which constitutes fraud, deceit, dishonesty andmisrepresentation, for practicing law in another jurisdiction in violation of that jurisdiction’s rules………..uh….and that is just part of count one; and said case is set for trial next month, September 4.”

Oh my fucking GOD that gives me chills! Bye Bye John Boy!!!!! Sept. 4th can’t come soon enough.

Mnementh2230 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@ Terible Tom

*begin Cartman voice* Yeees! YEEES!! The tears of ultimate sadness! Let me taste your tears, Jack! Mmmm… yummy! Yummy tears! Num Num Num! *end Cartman voice*

Seriously dude – that’s just harsh! I mean, I can see your point, but wishing that degree of failure on a man, no matter how richly deserved… harsh!

GreatNocturn ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

…dead yet?

SilverStar says:

Nothing harsh about looking forward to the inevitable.

Of course, here’s the -real- kicker.. even if, somehow, in some random, whacked out, quantum-improbable event Jack does win his “crusade”.. the very people he is demonizing, are the people next in line to take over the government. The ones who will be more than able to overthrow all his pathetic moves and wipe him from all but the virtual history books, ultimately rendering even his victories, ultimately temporary, and his victims would be the victors.

xzero87 says:

To those saying “he deserves it” and the like: knock it off. Seriously.

Despite all the crap he’s pulled, nobody deserves to have potentially serious medical problems. I’ve been in dismal health for all 20 years of my life, and I wouldn’t wish this stuff on anyone. My heart has been acting up lately (I have superventricular tachychardia episodes, ie heart beating way too fast.. wiki it for more info), and I get scared shitless when it happens. It’s hard to describe the feeling, but it’s not fun.

So again, if this is isn’t another antic.. get well soon, Jack.

Jack Thompson, Attorney ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

My goodness, there goes Dennis McCauley again.

Instead of picking up the phone or sending me an e-mail, the fellow who runs this pro-game industry blog writes this.

I have arrhythmia caused by stress. The stress has been caused by The Bar’s ongoing violation of Bar Rule 3-7.13, as to its illegal threat of a psych evaluation. If Dennis McCauley had bothered to report to all of you here what was in the court file you would know.

We have a little surprise for The Bar this week regardin Rule 3-7.13. That’s just one way the stress will be reduced. Stay tuned.

Finally, my wife was admitted at 4 am yesterday with a serious complication from her ovarian cancer treatment. So, thanks for all of your unkind comments here that Dennis McCauley wanted and got.

Jack Thompson

Scottland89 says:

Like most have said here, get well soon. It’s never nice to hear of people dieing (unless it’s a really hard boss in a game) so I hope nothing serious happens to him.

If it’s stress related, I as a gamer would prescribe some Doom (or doom 2) on the pc, as long as you do iddqd, and idfka and chainsaw some mofo’s! Alternativly, Red Faction 2 and have some Bot Matches! It’s helped me calm down after a rough day in school\work. Not trying to be funny JT (if your reading this).

Soldatlouis ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

“thanks for all of your unkind comments here that Dennis McCauley wanted and got.”

… and thank YOU for not noticing the many comments there were to actually defend you or at least wish you would get well.

Anyway, get well soon. You and your wife are in my thoughts.

Mnementh2230 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Actually, he did, by allowing your comments to the very same effect. We know you think it’s illigal.

I’ll believe it when I see it

Bummer on the wife’s health problems. Considering you didn’t even BOTHER to read that MOST of us here wished you well (myself included), you can go fuck yourself. I hope your wife gets better, at least.

GamePolitics ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Hey, Jack… your words in the court filing are what they are. They’re very detailed. What further explanation is necessary?

The follow-up, by the way, is to ask if you made it to the cardio man? Did you have a restful day on Thursday?

As to your wife’s condition, I’m truly sympathetic. But a lot of people have trouble in their lives, health issues in their families, etc.

Finally, you’ve gone to a lot of trouble to make yourself a public figure, and you’ve succeeded. You’ve taken up a controversial crusade. That’s okay, but you’ve been quite nasty to gamers, the same young people you claim to be protecting, in the process.

So you expect everyone is going to like you?

Finally, you’re way off base about the comments here. I myself was surprised how many of the comments here were of a get-well nature.

Keith says:

I hope all the well being to Jacky. While the Sales Conspiracy continues to strike upon the gaming market, I still hope that Thompson will get his health back, so then again we may begin the never ending debate.

It’s obviously a plot by the people at GamePolitics.com and the evil bastards at Rockstar to take this great, “Will someone just think of the children?” man out of this world.

Is it normal for lawyers to refer to themselves in third-person?

“George is getting upset!” (Seinfeld reference).

Al Wesker says:

I hope it’s nothing life-threatning. Trying to tie it to the Florida Bar is a little silly, though. Either way, hope it’s not life-threatning.

monte' ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Well i’m not gonna second guess that his heart problems, even being stress related are true… afterall, it’s not one of the kinds of things you lie about, and he probably has a doctor who would back him up on it. What’s disgusting is that he is trying to use his condition to his advantage, creating pity for himself and trying to lay blame on the bar. It’s much like how he tried to take advantage of his relative’s condition… it’s a really disgusting move to make.

Though he really has brought this on himself; it was his choice to go on this crusade and use the kind of antics that he uses… i mean, his crusade is bound to cause stress, especially with him loosing at every corner and being desperate to gain any ground, while taking on tons of attacks on himself; and if he were more civil like other anti-gamers he would’t take nearly as much heat… stress can be very bad for anyone… the guy needs to cool off and take a vacation

GD86 says:

I may not like the man, but if this is really true, then may he get better. Of course it is still bad form to try to blame this on the bar. He chose a field where there is intense stress and this is on top of any dietary choices or genetic predispositions he may have. If the stress of answering to the bar is too much then it may be in the best to give up the law and become “Jack Thompson former attorney, and you’re not”

[…] Zac Efron Contact the Webmaster Link to Article t-pain Jack Thompson Has Apparent Heart Ailment » Posted at GamePolitics.com on Friday, August 03, 2007 Jack Thompson Has Apparent Heart Ailment August 3rd, 2007 Anti-game attorney Jack Thompson, … he has suffered previously, as well as chest pain. This may be a benign condition, or it may be serious View Original Article » […]

pokemaster2185 says:

Considering Thompson’s history of lies, I’m taking anything he says with a boulder of salt.

That said, IF this is true, may he get better soon.

Shoehorn O'Plenty ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I have sympathy for the man as a heart condition or problem of any kind is serious business.

However, it is not correct to use poor health as an excuse to try to escape the repercussions of previous unacceptable behaviour.

Also, this isn’t a clinically diagnosed condition, as he says himself, he “is suffering what he believes is arrhythmia”. This could be any number of things. I understand his concern for his health and hope that it is a serious problem, but I see no reason for alerting the courts to this unless visiting his cardiologist conflicted with a court appearance.

Filing a court motion and claiming (when he has no medical qualifications) that this problem is related to the disciplinary action toward him seems like a last ditch attempt of getting out of the hole he has dug for himself.

Chuma ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Lying would be a very risky tactic to use at this point. Given he is under scrutiny, lying to the court as a delaying tactic would probably see him suspended permenantly. He probably knows this, so either he is hoping to convince a doctor, or this is genuine. I might err on the latter given his record of constantly setting himself up for stressful encounters. I also have very little sympathy for him as a result.

Chuma ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Timothy Watson:

In legal documents it is practice to refer to yourself in 3rd person, but Jack does this in press releases and comments too. So the answer is yes, but not to that extent. At least we know he has something in common with The Rock and Elmo from Sesame Street…

Gil ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Because somebody has to say it (and there’s a good chance somebody has already): So….. this is reducing blood flow to his brain?

Kharne ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@MaskedPixelante: Precisely, he’s likely using this medical problem as a stalling tactic and/or gain sympathy from the court.

It’s a pointless act as I doubt the bar will back down until they have what they want. To fight it now just makes him look desperate.

MaskedPixelante ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

And therein lies my point. I believed every word of it because, well, he is a stressful guy, right up until he said it was caused by the stress of the bar’s exams. At that point, I thought “Wait a minute, is he trying to weasel his way out of this exam?”

Ben Ambroso ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I’m curious if Jackie actually claimed he was having chest pains or if he was straight out saying “Oh, it’s gotta be arrhythmia.” Has he actually been diagnosed with it, or just looked it up and said on many occasions that he had it?

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if he has ulcers like its cool. It has to be stressful when you try to get in touch with a “hack fake journalist” and he’s too busy to answer your calls.

Clyde Wyman says:

Jack, I hate to say, this is what you get for being nasty and despicable. Oh well, I have nothing against your health-related problems but WHAT I HAVE against you is your nasty behavior against us, which is hurting.

Out of simplicity and kindness, get well soon. The jail house won’t be the same without you.

Steve T says:

Mr. Thompson,

I was born with a heart condition and know all too well the fear that comes with this. I wish you well. However, I also know the limits it puts on your lifestyle and career choices. If this is stress induced then you may want to consider backing down from starting controversial debates and court battles. While I may sound as if I am just trying to get you to go away I suggest you ask your cardiologist his advice. It will most likely be the same.

Good day and get well.

Black Manta ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Sorry to say this but, since he’s cried wolf so many times – and he’s also used his wife’s cancer to elicit sympathy in the past, I have a hard time taking anything he says at face value anymore. And as others have pointed out, the way it was used seems to suggest he’s trying to do anything he can to avoid that psych eval. And also as others have said, he brought this on himself.

Also my girlfriend pointed out that if Paul Stanley’s tachycardia can’t keep him from doing what he does, why should JT use his condition as a crutch?

The man has been a thorn in the side of so many people – not just gamers – for so many years, that it was only a matter of time for karmic payback to arrive. I’m sorry, but I’ve followed this man’s “career” for so many years and it’s annoyed me for so long that I have very little sympathy for him that this point. That having been said, I will not gloat at his misfortune.

PlayItBogart says:

Something had to give at some point. It is reassuring to know he still has one of those.

Get well soon, the party isn’t supposed to end this early!

Blage says:

I have to say that things wouldn’t be the same without Mr Thompson and his insane rants. I can’t say I like the man’s ideas, but I do have to say that I hope this doesn’t turn out to be anything too serious. I mean, he’s a huge figure to a lot of video gamers and I think surprisingly enough he would be missed.

Steve T says:

Mr. Thompson,

I was born with a heart condition and no all too well the fear that comes with this. I wish you well. However, I also know the limits it puts on your lifestyle and career choices. If this is stress induced then you may want to consider backing down from starting controversial debates and court battles. While I may sound as if I am just trying to get you to go away I suggest you ask your cardiologist his advice. It will most likely be the same.

Good day and get well.

Keaton2008 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I can’t say anything about this one. Laughing about this sort of thing would make me feel like a total asshole, Jack or not.

But I would like to see him comment right now and see all the gamers wishing him good health. Prove to him we’re not all the evil, soulless sociopaths he makes us out to be. But he’d still proably make the remarks; he’s Jack Thompson. (remember Flowers for Jack?)

WarOtter ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I for one do not wish him better. His press release seems more like a ploy to guilt the court:
    “It is most likely stress-related by virtue of The Florida Bar’s demand that Thompson be psychiatrically/psychologically evaluated in violation of its own Rules.”

Seems like an awfully convenient condition to get when you are facing disciplinary action. Remember, he did not say that a medical doctor had diagnosed him as such, but it is his own feeling that he has this.

This whole thing sounds more like a PR move to get favor in the courtroom.

grls-r-gamers-2 says:

If he’s truly unwell, I hope he gets better.

If he’s lying, which is more likely, given his history, he’s a dirty scumbag who should take a long walk off a short pier. Maybe the water will clear his head.

Keaton2008 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Didn’t think of that. We’ll see in time. If he has a nasty heartattack in the courtroom, then we’ll know. Unless, of course, its accompanied by some “Sanford and Son” audio; then that’ll mean something’s up.

CyberSkull ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

So what the frell is the point of his motion? Does he need a delay in the case to go see a doctor? Or is he just using this to demonstrate some sort of damage to him caused by the gaming industry, Florida Bar and gamers?

jakethe8lf ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I hope he gets well. Perhaps he does not meet us head on, or indeed, dismisses our arguments, but wishing harm on another human being is not an honourable practise.

Awol ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Ok so he is having chest pains and like many of the bash.org quotes he rushes to a computer to write a court filing about how he has a heart condition and is having chest pains which as being a lawyer knows is due to stress. Instead he should have taken an aspirin and then either called 911 or have someone take him to the hospital. Does this sound rational to anyone else?

I myself having experienced chest pains and heart attack symptoms its not something you just want to ignore and hope for the best. Thankfully I was alright and was experiencing something nonfatal and curable.

Terrible Tom ( User Karma: -1 ) says:

Oh come on Jack we are all your enemies but we just want to know how you are. I know you’ve been reading gamepolitics today.

Arlen ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

In jest:
    I thought the tin man needed a heart, not the straw man!

In earnest:
    Jack Thompson is a guy who fights fiercely for what he believes. In that aspect he’s the same as many of us, just on the opposite side of the issue. I wish Jack all the best and a quick and complete recovery.

Dog_Welder ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

This is the same guy who used his wife’s cancer as a defense to play the role of victim. I don’t see this as any different in Jack’s tactics.

While I certainly hope he’s okay, heart problems are not a legal defense for all the jackassery he’s pulled in the past. He’s grasping at straws to keep his bar license.

He’d be better off using the Chewbacca defense.

GamerWolf ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

First, if it’s true, then I truly do wish him well despite how pig-headed and defaming he has been towards everyone in the gaming industry. My dad suffered from a similar thing and nearly died from it, so, understanding what it’s like, I cannot say anyone deserves it necessarily. I wish him best and hope he takes this time to see how sad his battle against this industry has become.

On the other hand, it seems way too fishy that it’s true seeing as he’s blaming the Florida Bar. A few years back, didn’t they make him submit to a psych test which he apparently passed, and gave him grounds to sue them? I don’t ever recall news of him having a condition then, but he does now?

Either case I hope a double-dose of good comes from this: he turns out alright, and he gets disbarred.

Dog_Welder ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

MaskedPixilante — that was earlier. He got all upset because the papers were served while his wife was undergoing treatment, and HOW DARE THEY do such a thing!

Rob says:

Well, if the dumb ass wasn’t always trying to pick fights with people, stretching truths, lying, etc. then he might not be so stressed out, so hated, and facing the possibility of being disbarred.

Jack Thompson is a jerk off, and as much as I dislike him most of the time I wouldn’t wish this sort of pain on him. Hopefully, if/when he gets better he does what’s actually best for everyone and instead of attacking the video gaming industry , work along side of them and try and help educate the parents on the ratings system. After all, if he was really out to protect the children as he claimed so many times, he’d be doing something like this instead of rejoicing when a game that is obviously for adults/mature audiences only gets banned (Manhunt 2).

MaskedPixelante ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Sounds like a coincidence to me. He would have gotten equally as mad if his wife wasn’t undergoing treatment, this is him just making the people who give him work to sound very evil.

Can’t they just fire him? I know that if I ever called my boss evil and just out to get me, I know he’d fire me.

Gameboy says:

I can see this as a delaying tactic. He has used similar excuses before. Then again, I believe in explanations not excuses. If he’s insane or has a heart condition, it is merely an explanation. They should in no way excuse his actions or allow him to get out of this disciplinary action.

Still. Get well, Jack. I wish ill on no one.

@ Those questioning his “self diagnosis”

He did state that he has been diagnosed with it before. As such, he may have a point. You don’t question someone claiming an asthma attack just because no doctor is around to diagnose it. You take it at face value.

That being said, he should go see his doctor. Maybe that’s where he is right now. This shouldn’t delay the overall case though.

DavCube ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

If this isn’t a joke on his part (which, judging from his statement, is… kinda hard to tell) then… damn, man. We don’t like you, but we don’t wanna see you, like, physically hurt.

LightWarrior ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

To me this is the story of Boy who cried wolf.

In other worlds. I’m not buying it. I’ve gotten so used to him trying to wiggle his way out of the hot seat every time.

Timmay! says:

The court filing was probably just a cya moment for him, in case something unexpected came up, and since we don’t know specifics, and we’re dealing with a person’s health, I’m giving him the full benefit of the doubt.

Get well soon Jack.

Hi jack,

I’m sorry but heart stress is NOT induced by a single incident but rather an accumulation of stress and, well, bad shit in general… bad karma if you will.

You have time and time again shown how hateful you can be and it does have deleterious effects to your health.

As for your wife, I didn’t even know you were married, why bring her into this now? Sympathy? What about the children Jack!!?

Mr.Pat says:

Lets see…in his post Jack has:

1) Lied again.

2) Cherry-picked a minority of posts from an overwhelming theme of goodwill so he could..

3) Show his usual persecution complex.

Yup, typical republican response. Next thing he’ll probably cut-and-run from this discussion without commenting to anyone else.

Gray17 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Well I wish Thompson the best in getting his arrhythmia straightened out, I cannot help but be suspicious that he’s using it as an attempt to get out of the psych evaluation. Particularly has he lays the blame directly on that, when he’s facing the general stressful situation of disbarment for a variety of reasons.

---- says:

well i dont like thompson at all but i do still wish you good luck getting thru it, get well soon!
    and maybe you should cool off about the hole anti video game thing, youll probobly have better health 😉 and you havent got anywhere so far so you might as well give up

[…] GamePolitics.com is reporting this morning that dear Mr. Thompson is suffering from a stress-induced heart ailment, or so he wrote in a Federal District Court motion involved in his legal battle with the Florida Bar. From the filing: Plaintiff, at 3 am this day, is suffering what he believes is arrhythmia, from which he has suffered previously, as well as chest pain. This may be a benign condition, or it may be serious. He has had other previous episodes like this induced by stress. Plaintiff must try to see his cardiologist… to try to assess the problem. It is most likely stress-related by virtue of The Florida Bar’s demand that Thompson be psychiatrically/psychologically evaluated in violation of its own Rules. […]

Malygris says:

Go see a doctor, Jack. Find out what the problem is. Be honest with your cardiologist and honest with yourself during the diagnostic process. And if he tells you this is indeed a stress-related problem, then do what you have to in order to take care of yourself. Step back from things. Take a break. Stop this ceaseless and nonsensical anti-videogame campaign of yours, just for awhile. And do it without worries or anxiety, Jack, because I and everyone else here can assure you of this: when you’re ready to come back, we’ll be waiting for you.

AgnostoTheo ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

REMARKABLE. In the same breath he worries about his ailment and backhands the Bar association. If you’re well enough to insult your accusers, you’re well enough to face them, Thompson.

Thompson, Get well soon old man.

kurisu7885 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I really hope Jack isn’t lying about this as I really want to give him some sympathy over something.

If he is though, I’m retracting that statement.

cullarn ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

(sorry bout the caps but the stupidity hurts)

Gray17 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

No, but stress can have detrimental effects, including on your heart. One way or another it’s difficult to argue that JT isn’t under a lot of stress right now. Seeing as the Florida Bar is demanding that he prove he isn’t insane or he’ll loss his ability to call himself a lawyer… and that even if he proves he’s sane he still might lose his lawyer status.

GoodRobotUs ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be surprised if our own ‘Dick Dastardly’ has indeed worked himself into this condition. As I’ve said before, he needs to learn some empathy, he’s been driving himself so hard, ignoring everything that didn’t fit to his view of what the world should be.

Conviction can be an admirable trait, it really can, but I realised immediately after the VTech shooting that it had become an obsession, not a conviction, this wasn’t about anything more than ‘getting even’ with the few gamers who harassed him and the many who argued with him. Unfortunately, in Jack’s mind, the actions of one gamer was the responsibility of all, we even buy into that mindset, leaping to the defence of any gamer who does something.

Stress is usually bought about by having a large amount of anger and frustration, and no outlet for it, Jack certainly has that, and a distinct vicious streak to boot. I hope he gets better, but he’s only going to STAY better if he relaxes and shakes off the idea that the whole world is ‘out to get him’, to bundle all gamers together into one ‘You Gamers’ category is not only insulting and stereotypical, it’s also a large degree of the source of his paranoia.

Eville1 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Get well soon Jack. Hospital stays aren’t fun. To help with stress levels I recommend Tai Chi and breathing techniques. Woosa Wooooooosa.

Seriously though. Tai Chi is great for slowing down the heart rate.

Matthew ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Get well soon, Jack. You may not be high on our Christmas lists but that doesn’t mean we wish you harm. Maybe the number of similar responses to this article will help persuade you that we aren’t all wrong in the head.

If you do need help de-stressing, you might want to consider picking up a DS. A few minutes of Dr. Kawashima and then some Puzzle Quest is a good way of winding down without having to turn off your brain.

Father Time ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

that was uncalled for, he’s a human being, he’s suffering heart problems, it may be streesed caused from the case it may not be, but I think it’s dumb to assume he’s faking it.

-Jes- ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Quite frankly, I’m going to be the sh#thead here and wish Jack exactly squat in terms of recovery.

His grotesque attitude towards, blatant lies regarding, and constant foulmouthing of situations where REAL lives have been lost leaves him absolutely no pity from me.

MGS anyone!?

WholeFnShow says:

I clicked this article dreading the comments that Jack Thompson could site in future “When I thought I was dying, those drug addled clowns said ….” All I’ll say is I hope he’s okay (& if you’re reading Jack, I do mean that) & learns to not get so worked up about things that get him worked up, & otherwise stays healthy. The above good intentions takes nothing away from my opinion that Jack is amongst other things, a hateful, zealous, delusional, disingenuous, opportunist that would have no problems justifying to himself lying to try to get legal problems to go away. I hope the courts investigate his claim without bias & with as much skepticism as has been shown in the comments so far here.

Archgabe ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

This is a man who has celibrated the illness of gamers on this site. I remember someone telling me that he was overjoyed when he was told that the wife of a gamer had cancer at the same time as his own wife. That being said:

Get well, JT. I will give you compassion where you disserve none more than my jest and gloating.

On the possibility that he is making this up… If he is than I will be as cruel as you are a liar. Watch out for the karma train, it hits hard.

Soga says:

Sorry about the doublepost:

But what do you guys think about Jack’s heart growing to three times its size? That may be the cause of the heart pain! What if he picks up a DS in the hospital, gives it a try, and says:

“I WOULD play the DS here or there.
    I WOULD play the DS anywhere.
    I WOULD play the DS in a house with a mouse.
    I WOULD play the DS in a box with a fox.
    I WOULD play the DS in a car.
    I WOULD play the DS on a tree.
    I WOULD play the DS on a train.
    I WOULD play the DS in the dark.
    I WOULD play the DS in a boat with a goat.
    I WOULD play the DS, Gamer-I-am.”

Volcanman says:

Ya know, it really doesn’t strike me as surprising since half the time he speaks, it’s nothing but anger, while the other is nothing but hate towards video games.

Sad that he would have a heart condition, but then again, it’s one of those “you brought it upon yourself” kind of things.

Attack Gypsy ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Mr. Thompson,

I know you can read this.

I was born with a heart defect. The same one my Father was born with. It is called a bicuspid aortic valve. The vale is supposed to have 3 flaps, but only has two. We believe this is what caused my Grandfather’s early death, from a heart attack. My Father had one 6 years ago, where the defect was discovered. Mine was discovered a month later.

Please, good sir, see your doctor immediately!!! This is nothing to play around with. I can not say this in any stronger terms. Go to your doctor!!!

Good luck, Jack. I wish you the best of health.

Gamer81 says:

Wow, just wow. After reading all these positive comments wishing Thompson well, I can’t help but be proud to be a gamer. Thompson has always claimed to be a “Christian” but it seems like the gamers who wish him well are acting more Christian than he has ever been, even though there is a combination of Christians, non-Christians, and non-religious people on this site.

Even though he makes fun of gamers, hopes we all burn in hell, apparently celebrates when gamers commit suicide (MGS), the Christian side of me says I wish him nothing but a speedy recovery and hope he gets well soon.

“Hate is baggage. Life’s too short to be pissed off all the time. It’s just not worth it.”

AgnostoTheo ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

not to be self-congratulatory, but I’m impressed that most people have refrained from the “I’m going to tap-dance on your grave” approach. go us. woot, etc

hilaryduffgta ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I agree with you but i’ve always held the idea that if someone doesnt respect me i dont respect them and in the same sence that if someone is always rude and uncaring to me that i am the same way with them

upgray3dd says:

Does anyone think his constant ranting and raving had a hand in his heart condition. Perhaps he should take it easy on the mudslinging for a while. I will respond in kind. Until your nex accusation, JT.

hilaryduffgta ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

actully maybe if he sat down with a cold Dr pepper and a pack of cup cakes and threw on his favorite few cd’s and played Gta san andreas for a while he wouldnt stress out…..

the game is quite a stress reliever

Mohbyuz says:

While I feel for the guy, here are my two cents worth:

Self-diagnosis never worked for anyone. I don’t care if it’s similar to a previous episode. So is heart-burn, or an anxiety attack. You may have an idea of what it is, but see a doctor first before you start spewing forth nonsense. It IS nonsense until you see a doctor.

Second, let the court decide if the Bar’s order to have a mental examination is illegal or not. You may be a lawyer, and may have some grasp of the law, but let those who enforce the law decide what’s legal and illegal. Lawyers, last I checked, do not enforce the law.

Randalor ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Even though I may hate him and everything he stands for *well, okay, the stuff we know he stands for, not the stuff he claims to stand for*, I wish him the best in recovering from his ailment.

Jatone says:

“Plaintiff must try to see his cardiologist… to try to assess the problem. It is most likely stress-related by virtue of The Florida Bar’s demand that Thompson be psychiatrically/psychologically evaluated in violation of its own Rules.”

Self Diagnosis and Scapegoating to get out of court proceedings FTW! I hope the cardiologist is as good of a doctor as you are a lawyer JT. Perhaps you’ll get a taste of your own medicine…..

Yes, I also realize I’m an evil evil man =P.

“the Christian side of me says…”

What does the other side of you wish him? -_^

All that being said, good luck JT and a speedy recovery so you can’t delay your over due trial any longer.

PyroHazard ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

He is stressed because he won’t be able to play GTAIV as early as expected. 😛

But yeah, wish you well, because Dennis and the pixelantes need someone to rage against the machine to.

Terrible Tom ( User Karma: -1 ) says:

Gamer81 –

You don’t have to be Christian to wish people good health. I’m Atheist but if i had to choose from God or Satan, I’d choose Satan. Just trying to say you don’t have to be allied with “God” or “Jesus” to be a decent human being.

Get well Jack, I still have a lot to talk to you about.

Josh ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

While I hope he gets well, it’s quite surprising to me that he has enough energy to still pass on the blame for his condition. I wonder if he actually thinks that backhanded comments like the one about the Bar causing his arhythmia will actually generate sympathy for him…?

hayabusa75 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I’m sorry if I sound callous, but count me as firmly in the asshole camp.

First of all, I find the timing of this to be highly suspect. If he’s had problems with this before, obviously it wasn’t serious enough to put him out of action. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was keeping this in his back pocket until a time came when it would be a good strategic move to reveal it. After all, this isn’t someone known for his overabundance of scruples.

Second, if this is indeed legit, the only ones I can muster any sympathy for are his wife and son. Through his actions, Jack’s had something like this coming for a long time (no, that’s not a death wish); send out enough negative energy and eventually some of it will come back to you. I want Jack to get well, though…so he can answer for all the hate and lies he’s spread over the years.

It’s nice to see many of you taking the high road on this (I just can’t do it), but don’t think for a minute that if the positions were reversed, you’d get anywhere near the same level of common decency from Jack. If you think otherwise, you haven’t been following him long enough.

Gamer81 says:

“What does the other side of you wish him? -_^”

Good one :) I was just implying that I can use religion in a more proper way than he can, by wishing him well, rather than hoping for something worse.

@Terrible Tom

What you state is exactly my point. You don’t even have to be religious to wish people well. I was just saying that wishing him well was more Christian than he has shown, and not everyone here is religious, which certainly says something about his interpretation of the religion. But come on, are you kidding? Satan? :)

Paul ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I dislike the man alot, but I wish no physical harm on him. I find it hard to believe myself, but I DO wish he gets better. Even though I don’t like him, I’d truly be sad if he died or something.

Soga says:

@ Terrible Tom:

HurricaneJesus says:

I find it strange that people are saying ‘get well’ to someone who openly admitted to not seeking medical attention yet, and all over a little heart-burn.

He was probably drinking beers and bathing in chicken wings when he heard that GTA IV was delayed.

The fact that the guy feels the need to constantly write shit up and send it out is the disturbing part of this. Get a fucking blog, Jack. Go to the doctor as well. A real doctor. I would post more but will keep restrain due to the one negative comment on here being the only one that Jack Shit will ever remember.

Hey, Mr. Thompson, I mean this in all seriousness, get well. Much as I disagree with pretty much everything you say and almost all of your views on videogames and their players, I do kinda respect you for at least sticking up for your beliefs (flawed though I think they are). Also, you’ve at least had enough decency to kid around about yourself, too, which is something that most people can’t do.

Christian ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Okay, i dont like taking pot shots at him when he is ill.
    Jack, i dont like your view of things, thats no secret. But i wont make my normal comments until youre fresh.

Johnny LaRue says:

This is nothing more than grandstanding and a desperate attempt for sympathy and stall tactics.

It’s a CHEAP stunt and I see right through it.

BmK ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Mr. Thompson may be a jerk but i hope he does gets better, but to be truthful, i feel this anti-gaming crusade of his is the reason for his health problems. Seriously Jack, if you’re reading this, just give up. It’s not worth killing yourself over.

cullarn ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

sets up in the @$$hole camp

(sorry i cant be nice)

he made his bed now he has to lay in it.
    to be totally honest i dont believe hes having heart problems at all i think just trying to postpone the disbarment hearing

Father Time ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

the one post I would like Jack thompson to comment on and he doesn’t show up. Jack we (or at least I) would like to know how serious it is. That and I wish you good health.

odc04r ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

If it is real I wonder how he figures that his god can throw such a thing at him after all the children he’s been saving. [/sarcasm]

Or like most born again nutters I’m sure he will rationalise this as just another ‘test of faith’.

Mote likely he’s just talking out his arse to buy time though.

Jatone says:

Yeah, I couldn’t resist. =)

But I’m in the boat with all the people who are thinking that hes faking. That or hes blowing it way out of proportion in the usual JT fashion.

“So you want to choose someone evil, deceitful, manipulative, murderous, arrogant, etc., over someone that’s loving, just, wise, powerful, etc.?”

Because lying cheating and stealing is how you get ahead in life. Just ask any multi-million dollar business man =P.

Mnementh2230 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Considering JT’s previous attitude towards gamers getting ill and/or dying, I’m finding it difficult to wish him well. He’s a dispicable human being who wishes illness and death upon those whom he’s bigoted against. That being said, he is still a human being, and so to not wish him well would only lower me to his level.

Allright, JT, get fixed up soon, don’t be seriously ill, and don’t die. We’re counting on you to get better so we can see this disbarrment thing through to the end. And if you need a good relaxer, try Tetris – it’s non-violent, free, and will require enough of your brain at the higher levels that it’ll distract you from the stress you’ve brought down upon yourself.

Fluffy Warmthighs says:

Ol’ Mr Thompson has a heart ailment? There’s definitely something wrong there. I was under the assumption prosecution attorneys and politicians would never have a problem with their hearts because they’ve never used them.

It’s a joke, laugh it off and we’ll all feel better. Please get well soon Ol’ Mr Thompson. Perhaps we should all club together again and send you some more flowers?

Commander Toad says:

Get better, Jack. I’m not your biggest fan, but nobody deserves to be kicked around for real problems. I wish you well, man. I’ll be praying for you.

ekim1086 says:

Hmm maybe we can get those fella’s that started the ‘Flowers For Jack Thompson’ group back together to send him another lovely floral arrangement… which he will then claim to be a form of harrassment.

Pandralisk says:

As much as I dislike Thompson, I hope his condition improves. It would also be great if he met “God” in some sort of post-op dream and got bitched out for attacking the rights and freedom of his fellow countrymen, =/.

AgnostoTheo ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Strange. For all the goodwill we’re forcing out for this man, he hasn’t shown up to comment. Not really suprising, considering he usually only showed up to rile us all up.

The Octofish says:

I think it is quite unfortunate that anyone should suffer from cardiological problem. While i may never be the biggest fan of JT he does alway raise powerful debate over the topic of the legistration of games. I don’t exactly like the guy but i never want to wish bad health on anyone.

jocumo says:

I don’t agree with the guy and I’m against everything he stands for, but I’m hoping he gets better. I would never willingly wish pain and suffering on any individual, even those who I feel are fighting a bleak cause. It’s times like these where we have to stop being gamers and remember that, above it all, we’re humans. No decent human would wish harm on another.

If you’re reading Mr. Thompson, I hope you feel well soon.

Kincyr ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Jack knows he’d fail the psych exam, which is why he refuses to take it in the first place.

Wishing someone well is unkind? Boy, Jack has really lost touch with reality, assuming he was ever in touch to begin with.

Terrible Tom ( User Karma: -1 ) says:

Jack I do wish you and your wife the best healthwise.

I want you to be at your very best when we win the war you’ve waged against the Game Industry, the Constitution and Americans.

Neeneko ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Is it normal or good form to include such things in court filings?

It almost sounds like ‘you are being so mean to me it is effecting my health! you should be nicer or I might get sick’

Darrel says:

On one hand, he’s a jerk.

On the other hand, not even jerks should be taunted when they’re down. He didn’t kill anyone after all.

Get better soon, then we’ll go back to good old mudslinging like the old days.

jonc2006 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

im not going to be an asshole and say he deserves it but i will say it doesnt surprise me that something like that is happening to him when you take his antics into account.

Mnementh2230 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@ Mr. Pat

I dunno if it’s a typical “republican” response… I’d call it a typical born-again-christian response, as my experience says MOST (not all) of these types have persecution complexes.

jccalhoun GRADUATE STUDENT ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Here’s an interesting story that I just ran across: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070803150523.htm

Hostile Men Could Have Greater Risk For Heart Disease
    Science Daily — Men who are hostile and prone to frequent intense feelings of anger and depression could be harming their immune systems and putting themselves at risk for coronary heart disease as well as related disorders like type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, a new study finds.

Sound like anyone we know?

Clyde Wyman says:

Sorry, Jack. I had to agree with others, the only reason you are sick and in this predicament is the actions you had done against us. Remember what the Buddha says, “Your actions on others will reflect on to you” or better “What goes around comes around”.

SilverStar says:

Get well soon, Jack. That way you’ll be back in the arena getting your ass handed to you once more, until you end up with heart problems again.

Terible Tom ( User Karma: -1 ) says:

Soga –

I wouldn’t. Thats pretty much the entire point of my selection. In an ideal situation I wouldn’t chose either. I could go into detail my views on religion but simply put I am an Atheist and I realize I am not always correct about everything so I am open to the possibility that I could be wrong(even though I don’t think I am). Don’t confuse me and label me as Agnostic though because thats not what I am.

I really hope Jack gets better. I want to see the look on his face when he comes to realize his crusade has been nothing but a failure. And if anyone does remember him or his ideas they will look at them as nothing more than mindless rantings based on unfounded research, whacked out ideas and moral standards that are obviously questionable.

To see ones spirits crushed to know that in his life the one thing that he seems to hold above all else will be forgotten at best. Oh how I desire to see the endless sorrow as his soul-less gaze fades to a blank stare while he slowly passes from natural causes. By now I will be old, he will be ancient, and I will bask in the glorious sensation of an evil energy melting into infinite nothingness. How sweet that fantasy is and how sweet it shall be. Just know everyones day will come but in order to capture that amazing feeling of joy the iniquitous entity has to vanish purely by their own doing.

Of course I wouldn’t see it first hand but in my mind it would bring me endless joy. The only way to know an individual like Jack Thompson will truly get what is coming is to serve them a heaping portion of failure with a side of regret and a frosty mug full of premium quality defeat.

Get well Jack. Life is waiting for you to fail.

chadachada ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@ Jack Thompson
    In all honesty, i did have sympathy for you….Until that comment to us readers and Dennis. We have been overwhelmingly supportive to the very person that wishes our industry demolished. And there isn’t a good reason to bring your wife into this, but i do wish the best for her. Looking for sympathy again Jacky? I’d call you Jacko Wacko, but it’s taken. While i do not wish your death or continued torment, I do wish that you would tell the truth and quit being so biast and hateful towards us gamers without any evidence…

Erik ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

You know I generally have difficulty wishing anyone ill in matters concerning health. Even after Jack throwing everyone’s good wishes back in their faces I’m still not at that point. But lets say I’m closer to being able to wish him ill than I generally am with most people.

AgnostoTheo ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I think I’m over being nice. It’s truely moving that all of us could wish this insipid little moron the best of health. I hope he dies of heart failure and ROTS. The man is completely lacking in any basic human emotion, including acceptance of other peoples sympathy. Jack Thompson has just effectively taken in all this goodwill, ignored it, then spit in our faces.

As for his wife, I wish her the best, but I have to question her sanity for marrying such a pompous buffoon.

When you die Jack, no one but your family will mourn. If you could ever define yourself as a human being, you just threw away the last vestiges of it.

Mnementh2230 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Yeah, I think I’m done being nice, too.

We go and wish the guy well, and he says we’re giving unkind comments at the behest of Dennis? At this point, he deserves what he gets, and I bet he’s too fucking full of himself to admit he made a mistake and apologize.

I still hope you don’t DIE of this heart problem, Jack, but I hope it hurts, and I hope it makes you think a bit. I hope it makes you FEAR death, and the outcome of your religion’s judgement on your soul for the horrible treatment you’ve given gamers here and elsewhere. I hope it hurts, Jack, I hope you hurt, so you know you’re still alive. I want you to live to see all your hopes and dreams crumble around you, turning to salt and ashes and backfiring in your face before finally leaving you utterly alone in a mental institution, gibbering frantically about your ruined career and family. I hope your wife recovers fully so she can move on from the twisted wreck of a man you are. I hope your wife leaves you to rot in that little rubber room they’ve got reserved for you in the looney bin, Jack. But most of all, I hope it hurts, because I want you to know you’re still alive, suffering from the seeds you have sewn in your own wretched heart.

neoelasticman ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I would like to guess that Mr Thompson will give the comments here a skim again at some point. That being the case, I have a message for you Mr Thompson. Please read through the entire comment. I would like you to realize that many gamers are, in fact, not malicious individuals. We all wish you well in health:

First, I hope your stress levels decrease in order to alleviate your heart condition. If it truly is the psych exam that is causing this stress, “take things one step at a time” is the best I can say. The psych exam will eventually be over, and what happens will happen. I can safely assume that you are worried about your wife as well. I wish her the best in her health care. My favorite great aunt is dying of a rare form of cancer, so take relief that at least your wife’s condition is better than some other peoples’. Be there for your wife when she needs you, and perhaps take a brief break from your crusade against video games.

I cannot say I agree with your opinions on video games in any way, shape, or form to my knowledge, but it would be cruel of me to try to discourage you from doing what you do. Run your crusade against us. That is what you believe in, and your faith tells you that it is the right thing to do. Everybody must interpret their faith in their own way. However, I would again encourage you to take a brief respite from your anti-gaming crusade. Gather your health first, and take care of your wife. When the both of you are in better condition, then you should come back to your crusade.

That, at least, is my advice to you. It has been said already, although not to such length. However, I believe that perhaps your crusade against video games has made you deaf to the words of gamers, and that if I can speak eloquently enough, I can break through and help you with my advice. It is the basic duty of a human being to treat others with respect and dignity, and so I must offer what help I can to whomever, be they friend or foe.

Thank you for hearing me out if you’ve read this, Mr Thompson. Take my advice or leave it, but I hope you appreciate the effort on the part of fellow human being. I cannot give on the possibility that you might accept the kindness of a gamer.

neoelasticman ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I myself have epilepsy. It’s not the same thing as your heart condition, Mr Thompson, but we all have problems and I have learned to cope with mine (even though I’m slightly uneasy now every time I go somewhere that could potentially kill me if I seize there). We can all find a way through the mud without too many problems if we look in the right places. I hope you find the right place to help you with your health concerns.

hayabusa75 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

You know Jack, next time you’re in Sacramento, look me up and we’ll bury the hatchet over lunch, my treat. I know this great place downtown that serves the best triple cheeseburgers you ever had, complete with a ginormous bucket of salty fries with some ranch dressing. We can wash it all down with three or four beers and call it square!

Whaddya say? After all, in light of your recent hardships, how could I not extend the olive branch? What can I say, I’m just a big softie.

Gameboy says:

@ Jack Thompson

Well, I still don’t want you to die. But, there are worse things than death. Hope you and the Bar have a “fun” time.

Thanks again for only picking out the few comments that wished you ill-will. Others may not have been completely good intentioned, but they showed a lot more tact and good will than you have, ever. You’re no Christian! Hell, I bet Satanic cult members are kinder than you.

kurisu7885 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@Jack Thompson, HEARSE CHASER

….. you know, you yourself just tossed any little bit of sympathy I had for you out the window. In fact my care-o-meter broke trying to find anything past zero.

I however do wish your wife the best of health in the long run.

As a side note Jack. My mother had a test and doctors found cancerous spots on her throat, hopefully it will go into remission, but this new post fro myou begs the question, are you goign to with my mother ill will, just to show me god hates me?

Oh, and my girlfriend was killed last year when her house was being robbed, she was a gamer and a non christian, let me guess, Hell, or are you going to tell me to buy a suicide game and get good at it like you did Duffy?

And Jack, you haven’t just treated gamers bad, but you’ve treated human beings badly, that is grounds for damnation in my book, no matter your faith, while the two people I mentioned, have spent their lives, or at least a better part of them, protecting others, being good to people, and trying to help improve the lives of others.

When was the last time you did ANYTHING of that nature, what, if anything good can possibly come of your crusade, and your actions, can you name even one thing?

I thought not.

DavCube ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

“If Dennis McCauley had bothered to report to all of you here what was in the court file you would know.”

…which he did. You’re on here so often Jack, you should at least take the time to look at the links he provides, with full .pdf’s of those files.

“Finally, my wife was admitted at 4 am yesterday with a serious complication from her ovarian cancer treatment.”

That is a bold-faced LIE.

“So, thanks for all of your unkind comments here that Dennis McCauley wanted and got.”

….You did not just go there. You seriously did not just go there. Read the comments. I, along with the vast majority of people here, expressed their deep concern and sympathy for you here, and that’s how you decide to thank us? If you want even one shred of respect, you should at least thank people that actually give a damn about you.

Erik ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

You know one thing that cracks me up about Jackie is his ego regarding his future “victories”. Rubbing his hands together with this surprise he has planned for the bar is reminiscent of his letters to Take Two prior to court cases in which he offers them to close up shop because there is apparently no other outcome possible than his total victory, despite all his other “assured” victories falling totally flat.

Speaking of failures how is your case against the removal of “you” from the Mortal Kombat games going Jack?

Brmarlin says:

Mr. Thompson – you’ve probably brought this on yourself. If its real, best of luck to ya – hate your views, but don’t wanna gloat at your misfortune.

On the other hand, if it is fake, you deserve what you can get, happy disbarment, and know that you’ll quickly fade away.

Both sides being said, its hard to know what to hope for. Good luck.

Boffo97 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I really only have three things to say:

1. From Wikipedia, “An appeal to pity (also called argumentum ad misericordiam) is a logical fallacy in which someone tries to win support for their argument or idea by exploiting their opponent’s feelings of pity or guilt. The appeal to pity is a specific kind of appeal to emotion.”

2. The only type of person who would become stressed by the prospect of a psychological fitness evaluation is the type of person who would fail it.

3. I do hope you get better. Only because you have a child. And as someone whose mother passed away far too early from heart disease, I know what it’s like to lose a parent. You personally I find utterly repugnant, without redeeming value, and I think the world would be a better place without you, massacre chaser.

(note: last statement was merely a statement of opinion, not a threat of any kind.)

chuck ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I’d like to be one of the people who rises above all the ill will, wishes him well as a fellow human being, et cetera, et cetera…

But I won’t. Total strangers don’t arouse a torrent of compassion from me, so Bad People certainly don’t elicit it either. My heart is a cold impassionate stone, I fear. Welcome to the modern world. Jack never gave a damn about anybody but Jack. You reap what you sow.

I don’t actively wish him dead. I just won’t lie and piously declaim my respect for his life.

nightwng2000 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Now, it would be most illogical for me to wish anything bad to happen to someone who I have already chastised for doing the very same thing (such as when you, John Bruce, tried to use your sister-in-law’s medical condition as a tool for your support of a dictatorship and then claimed to pray “against” others (thereby wishing harm to others in the name of God) or telling people to play suicide games (thereby wishing harm on others as the supposed “Warrior of God”) or using your wife and her condition, as you just did, as a tool for your propaganda).

So I will neither wish you “bad health” as it would be illogical, nor do I wish you “good health” as you have already stated you merely “believe” you have bad health and are merely using the claim as another tool in your legal briefs.

As others have pointed out, you’ve already been shown to be untrustworthy in a great many areas, and using health as a tool in a shell game is just another sign of it. In all bluntness, one might call this the “Fred Sanford Motion”.

So, do I have sympathy for your alleged “bad health”? No. Do I encourage your alleged “bad health”? No.

This is just one more tool (or rather two since you’ve brought a family member into this again) in your shell gamery.

The FACT is that many of have various health problems. But we take responsibility for those health problems (even if that responsibility is an admition that we are irresponsible for our “bad health”) and we don’t pass off the blame to others. You choose the path you’re on, John Bruce. You’ve chosen to act the way you do. You have only yourself to blame.

NW2K Software

NORM KENT ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

This is about how Jack dealt with his ailment last week.

First of all, full disclosure.

I am one of Mr. Thompson’s legal adversaries in litigation with him.

But Dennis at Game Politics is so honorable as a journalist he has simply published the words and text of Thompson’s motions early that morning without attempting to expose the facts which Thompson’s own actions revealed later that day.

So after skimming through over 160 comments about the thread, let me share how Mr. Thompson dealt with his purported condition after that early morning discovery.

I invite each of you to reach your own conclusions and post accordingly

I have copies of Jack Thompson’s emergency request and ‘Urgent Inquiry’ for review of Judge Jordan’s order in Case 07-21256 as well as his emergency motion to extend the time for him to comply with the court’s orders as to amending his complaint before Judge Huck, filed at four a.m. on august 2.

Subsequent to said filing, and his three a.m. attack of ‘arrythmia’, as articulated therein, it would appear that Mr. Thompson stayed busy, but not necessarily with the South Miami Hospital to see his cardiologist or to the Baptist cardiac care unit.

Here is the following documentary information, accessible for your review as stated below.

1) On August 2, at 7:22 a.m., he posted a computer entry blog on the Broward County lawyer’s website, http://jaablog.jaablaw.com/2007/07/31/broward-attorney-sidesteps-charges-suspension.aspx#Comment

2) At 8:18 a.m., later that morning, he posted a commentary at a computer entry blog on the Miami Herald website, http://pod01.prospero.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=2278&nav=messages&webtag=kr-miamitm

3) At 12:30 p.m. he posted additional computer entry blogs on the Broward site, http://jaablog.jaablaw.com/2007/07/31/broward-attorney-sidesteps-charges-suspension.aspx#Comment

4) At 2:39 p.m., he faxed a letter to my attorney’s office warning him that he is going to “rue the day that you did not rein in Norm Kent”, the contents of which are really meaningless, authored from his home in Coral Gables.

5) At 3:19 p.m., another post to the blog above authored by Thompson.

6) At 4:33 and then 4:53 p.m., yesterday, the day of his ‘stress related attack,’ which he laid at the doorsteps of the Florida Bar, attorneys Lawrence Kellogg and I received a detailed letter and faxes from Mr. Thompson to the FCC asking for a new hearing on a case he unsuccessfully prosecuted with the Federal Communications Commission, authored from his home address and computer, a case decided a month before where Thompson’s claims were deemed without merit. Hardly an emergency.

I do understand and have been led to believe he was in contact with numerous journalists on that day, but I have no record of that correspondence.

However, I am sure everyone will join with me in sharing Mr. Thompson’s remarkable and quick recovery from that heart event and those palpitations early that morning, which prevented him from having time to respond to the judicial directives enunciated in that case, where he seeks delays due to his ‘condition.’

And I see Mr. Thompson was well enough to post here earlier that he has yet another surprise for the Bar. Well it is not a surprise that the Supreme Court has denied all his motions to dismiss, ruled some of his pleadings obscene and pornographic, and has threatened him with sanctions and fines.

You really need to say very little about Mr. Thompson, I have learned. Just let him do it himself. Even you learning about the Florida Bar’s request he be psychologically evaluated you only discovered because he breached the confidential negotiations the Bar never would have made public.

Our goal is to defeat his political cause not his person. It is to stop his sick crusade not make him sick. But he has been so indecent in the name of decency, I have to applaud all those on this blog who wished him well despite the pain he would seem to bring to you.

I hope this journey through his day lets you look at his motions in a new light.

Norm Kent
    Attorney at Law
    800 East Broward Blvd., Suite 310
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
    954 763 1900

kurisu7885 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Mr Kent, It is a sincere honor to welcome you to Gamepolitics, one of the first real Attorneys we’ve seen here.

And thank you for revealing these, proceedings, now I fully and completely take back any sympathy I had for that, “man”.

You have our full support I would believe, so, I guess, Bring his ass down.

Rammsoldat says:

I suprised jack didnt make the excuse that his pants were on fire to try and squirm out of all this. Lies lies lies lies lies.

You’d think telling the truth once in a while would kill him.

nightwng2000 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Mr. Kent,
    Thanks for the info. I did quickly read some of what you linked.

John Bruce, as you know, is a clear opponent to The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth. He built his reputation on being dishonorable, unethical, and bigoted. He alone is responsible for his own actions and for being left with being seen that way. He doesn’t believe, as has been seen by his own actions, in taking responsbility for his own actions.

That’s why I say I neither sympathize nor encourage his alleged medical conditions. John Bruce, after all, doesn’t care about them. They are, just as everyone else, including his own family (as proven time and again), just tools to push his personal, religious, and/or political beliefs upon everyone else.

By the way, I really have to ask: Is there REALLY a “Jack Harkness” who is an Exacutive Director? ‘Cuz if there is, when “Torchwood” comes to the US, if it does, he’s gonna catch heck. :)

NW2K Software

Mnementh2230 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Norm – I just forwarded that on to Dennis, to make sure he’s aware… could be a hillarious headline in a day or two. Lets hope!

Also commented at the jaablog… I hope you like!

Jack Thompson ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Wow, Mr. Kent, astute gamer, shows up here again.

First off, I went to my cardiologist to make sure the arrhythmia, from which I sometimes suffer, was not a more serious cardiac event. It was not. It induced by stress, and Mr. Kent thinks he knows what the stress was. He is a medical doctor as well as a clairvoyant, it seems.

The problem for Mr. Kent, however, is that he has cast all this in a false light, and that is a bit of a problem.

What is also a bit of a problem for Mr. Kent is that he, like Dennis McCauley, filed a Bar complaint against me that was dismissed as baseless.

Mr. Kent has a habit of trying to shut people up in that fashion, and it doesn’t work, does it Norm?

Mr. Kent, why don’t you tell the folks here about your two responses to formal requests for production in Kent v. Thompson.

Now that would be interesting, since you’re supposedly into full disclosure.

Oh, and Norm, tell these wonderful folks about your assertion, falsley made, that I am a closeted homosexual. What a fair guy you are, Norm!

Bye, Norm. Jack Thompson

Erik ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

“Oh, and Norm, tell these wonderful folks about your assertion, falsley made, that I am a closeted homosexual. “

Like you did to Janet Reno?

BearDogg-X says:

It doesn’t surprise me either.

But I also think that putting pressure on himself to succeed in his agenda could have also played a part in his recent heart problems.

Dex says:

I’d like to say I’m surprised he’s trying to lay the blame for his heart condition on the Bar. Of course, everything is related to this case.

I don’t see that as doing anything about the upcoming trial. Possible delay if health becomes a major concern, but that’s it.

strikerbolt says:

personally, I think if he just chilled out on the video games subject, his cardiac system may not be having problems.

It’s also possible that it could be hereditary. I’m not a doctor.

As a fellow human being, i wish him well. To say otherwise would make me unhuman.

Darrel says:

Yes it’s true. he COULD be lying.

But who’s to say it’s not true either? This man brought it upon himself in his crusade to the point that he stressed himself out unnecessarily.

In other words, both stories could be true.

Kentonio ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I may disagree with practically everything he says, but some things matter more than opinions and standpoints. Get well soon dude.

Majestic_12_x ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Judge: Mr. Thompson, please stop malingering!

Jack: My heart, my heart!

Judge: Mr. Thompson, we’ve had you examined by four different doctors in the past week. All of them said you were feigning illness. If you do not compose yourself, we will rule against you.

Jack: Evil death rays from Strauss Zelnick……eating away at heart……must stop Bar from carrying out master plan…….

Judge: The plaintiff is ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, and will be temporarily susp…….Mr. Thompson, are you trying to induce vomiting? Bailiff, please remove this “person” from my court room. Ahem…..plaintiff is now permanently suspended from practicing law in the state of Florida.

strikerbolt says:

Careful when slanderizing against him. It could be true, and thus negative comments would only work for him. Now who looks liek a douche?

Seriously, I wish him well. Even if he is constantly attacking a hobby and community which i enjoy

Jezebeau says:

Sympathy is all and well, but he should have gone to a doctor first and written a motion second, rather than mentioning what “seems” to be a heart condition.