YouTube Debate Video Maker is a GP Reader

David Parrish, frustrated by the protracted legal battle over the California video game law, has jumped into the YouTube debate fray with this video…

Raum says:

No offense intended GP, but we’ve gotten 5 videos for candidates up on the front page already, are we going to be seeing more as the next few months go by? Shouldn’t we give them their own seperate page and leave the front page forstuff like; ‘In UAE, GTA San Andreas Survives Despite Government Ban’, ‘California 2005 Video Game Law Ruled Unconstitutional’ or ‘Turtle Jumped On At Zoo, Mario To Blame’?

PHOENIXZERO ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Instead of the wasting time thing, it would have probably been better to mention the wasting of millions of tax payer dollars. Still, much better than the other ones, shame they limit people to 30 seconds since it’s hard to ask a real, good question with as many facets as this issue has without at least being able to go into some detail, if just so politicians have a harder time spinning it.

Unfortunately, I don’t see CNN taking any of these questions as they’re likely to go with some bad/stupid softball questions like they did for the democrats or probably worse since there’s such “love” for Republicans outside Fox News the stupidity of the questions asked in previous Q&As.

I can’t bring myself to call these or any of these things “debates” seeing as candidates not only get a lot of time to prepare, they don’t even really debate anything.

[…] Wesley Clark Contact the Webmaster Link to Article youtube YouTube Video Maker is a GP Reader » Posted at on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 YouTube Video Maker is a GP Reader August 8th, 2007 David Parrish, frustrated by the protracted legal battle over the California┬ávideo game law,┬áhas jumped into the YouTube debate fray with this video: WPvideo 1.02 Video Game Question Posted in Politics & Legislation, Game Decision 2008, ECA View Original Article » […]

E. Zachary Knight ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

“Turtle Jumped On At Zoo, Mario To Blame”

I love that headline. :)

I also agree. We need a second page, as there are going to be a lot of submissions. You can’t deny the power of the free t-shirt. ­čśë

Jack ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Do you know the total exactly we’ve wasted in America? I’m just curious because I’m considering making a video as well.

This is almost dead-on…

It needs bit of refinement. PHOENIXZERO above said it already, change time to tax payer dollars, and like Jack above asked, find out the exact dollar amount or get a really good estimate.

Are you allowed to submit more than one or revise the one you’ve submitted?

Unruly ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I just did a quick addition of what costs I could find through a rather un-thorough search of the GP archives, and it totals around $1.3million.

The breakdown is as follows –
    Illinois – c. $1m for both industry reimbursement and state legal fees
    Michigan – $182,349 in industry reimbursement alone
    Louisiana – $92,000 in industry reimbursement alone

And that’s without the California law getting tacked on there, and with two of those states just showing the reimbursement fees and not their own. I’d assume that the state legal fees would follow the Illinois example and be right around equal to the industry costs, so its probably closer to $1.5-1.6m without Cali in the mix.

Jabrwock ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

That’s actually an excellent question, and it applies to any frivolous bill that wouldn’t survive it’s day in court.

Of course I expect an equally frivolous answer about bipartisanship or “working smarter” or something, but that’s normal.

Jack ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Thank you Unruly. I’ll have to do more research. I want the biggest number I can get to show enough significance.

On a side note heres the question I plan to ask….

Hi my name is (to be revealed) and I work in the field of Subtance Abuse Recovery.

And my name is (to be reavealed) , I’m a substitue teacher with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology. We both reside in (to be revealed) , CA.

Many unnesscery video game bills across America have been shot down by the judcial system. So far America’s tax payers have dished out $(millions) in legal fees for bills deemed unconstitutional. If elected President what will you do to prevent such trivial events in Judcial system from occuring?

David Parrish says:

Hey, would you look at that, I made it onto GamePolitics. Nifty.

Also, as someone said, that 30-second time limit is a bit irritating. My original take was one minute and twenty seconds, in which I quoted the judge (where he said the evidence against video games was lacking), but I had to cut that, among other things, out of the final take.

In any case, thanks for whatever compliments I recieved here.

And if anyone thinks I should revise the video (keeping in mind I only have thirty seconds), let me know and I’d be happy to re-submit an altered version. I’ll check back here for replies.

David Parrish says:

I don’t know who the guy above me is, but this is the real David Parrish here. Thanks for noticing me, GP, and thanks to those who agreed with me here in the compliments. And thanks to the guy pretending to be me…I’m flattered.

David Parrish says:

Hahaha, wow. I have a clone.

If anyone has any doubts, and actually cares, feel free to send the YouTube account this video is hosted on (username is wizardmon5), and I will let you know, via that, that it’s me.