Gamer Plays First Amendment Card in Presidential Debate Video

August 9, 2007 -

By submitting a debate video, Andrew has earned himself an ECA T-shirt. You can too...

Comments

Nice, good visual aid as well. Artistic Expression and first amendment card. One of my favorites. I also like the fact that the audio is clear and easily understood. I don't know how I overlooked this video, this is the first time I watched it. Excellent.

Good job, Andrew.

Yes, this is the best one I've seen so far.

Best video I've seen yet. Short, to the point, informative.

I like it.

Great video. I like how the book was Fahrenheit 451 which is about the censorship of books where they are illegal to read and burned if found along with the owners property. If you haven't read it READ IT, it's more relevant today then it ever was.

[...] YouTube Contact the Webmaster Link to Article video games Gamer Plays First Amendment Card in Presidential Debate Video » Posted at GamePolitics.com on Thursday, August 09, 2007 Gamer Plays First Amendment Card in Presidential Debate Video August 9th, 2007 Andrew, a gamer from Florida, compares the free speech protections aforded books and movies to present-day efforts to legislate video games: WPvideo 1.02 Game Question For Rep Debate By submitting a debate video, Andrew View Original Article » [...]

yeah nice.

The book is a great example.
Not so sure about the matrix.. uh..

Holding up something like 'The Manchurian Candidate' might have a better impact, or relate to them more.
Dr. Strangelove or The Godfather also might have made better examples, you know controversial movies that are now considered art.

Good one anyway!

Boom. Nailed this one hard.

Used psyhical books and movies as a reference instead of talking about it. Score!

In my eyes, that would be the most effective argument, as not only did he use examples, but e's practically hit a subject right in the head which is that Games can be less violent than movies but get a higher rating.

Didn't GP report some NewYork times guy playing man Hunt 2 and saying he supported it's AO rating despite it being less violent than Saw 3 or Hostel 2 which he supported those ratings?

If it wasn't for the fact my video would seem pointless (due to being outside the US) I would post a video to try help so I can [play the games I want to.

Good job pointing out Freedom of Speech. This would be a really good one to ask the politicians. It'll force everyone to realize just what is at stake.

PHX Corp@Jessy I actually saw it on gamespot, seems that Nintendo accidently turned Samus into a Badass11/23/2014 - 9:28pm
Jessy HartAnybody else see the Samus Amiibo with 2 arm canons?11/23/2014 - 9:10pm
Andrew EisenNeo - If you're not bleeding then it's probably not you who needs to go to the doctor.11/23/2014 - 5:45pm
Wonderkarpgood. that kind of behavior is unnecessary.11/23/2014 - 5:44pm
WonderkarpGeorgina Young - Are Video Games Sexist? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9LV4GuG9E11/23/2014 - 5:43pm
ZippyDSMleehttp://deadspin.com/starcraft-player-says-hell-rape-opponent-is-booted-f-1662346891/+Fahey11/23/2014 - 5:40pm
Wonderkarphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a9tMGSTG411/23/2014 - 5:32pm
WonderkarpDan Vavra of Warhorse Studios at the Nordic eCommerce Summit 2014 on Game Journalism and why ethics are important11/23/2014 - 5:27pm
WonderkarpGame Dev Ashley Ross on the Block/Blacklist https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2n603f/thoughts_on_the_recent_igdaggautoblocker_incident/11/23/2014 - 5:25pm
Wonderkarpwhich is interesting cause this the first one 100% made by 2k games after the THQ buy11/23/2014 - 4:17pm
Neo_DrKefkaThat would be a major OSHA violation correct?11/23/2014 - 1:54pm