Gamer Debate Video Asks: Will Candidates Waste Tax $$$ on Game Laws?

Austin from Oregon poses a tough question about about video game legislation to Republican candidates for next month’s CNN/YouTube Debate.

And, hey, Austin – we noticed you have logos from GamePolitics, the Entertainment Consumers Association, and the Video Game Voters Network hanging on the wall behind you.

Austin from Oregon ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I seem to be having trouble posting comments, as I tried to post earlier.
    Thank you all for your support, I am glad to make a small difference in the cause. I chose to wear my shirt rather than a suit, but now I have a sweet ECA shirt to wear for my next appearance, thank you all.

Korrd says:

This is a good one. Others are right when they say this kid is clean cut, speaks clearly, and asks a direct and poignant question. Very well done, Austin. You’re a credit to the cause, sir.

Also, it’s nice to see someone put a little more thought into presentation. I was getting annoyed with seeing kids’ bedrooms.

~the1jeffy says:

You obviously aren’t married, to even suggest that I’d replace my wife with a computer! 😉

Thanks for the constructive critique, though.

jer ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Nice, direct. The best question I’ve heard.
    Couldn’t see the advertisements though.

pretty good, though the person in the back switching cards kinda distracting. I would recommend using a comp screen with power point.

Terrible Tom ( User Karma: -1 ) says:

I think this is a good way to approach the issue. It really is a waste of tax dollars, especially since we are currently in a undeclared war and borrowing stupid amounts of money from China so we can spend it on things such as this.

I think certain candidates will dodge it by saying “Well I don’t think protecting our children against violent imagery is a waste of tax dollars because [insert bullshit reason here].”

~the1jeffy says:

Very, very nice. My question is of a similar vein. I am recording a first pass tonite, and will likely link it in the forums for some feedback before I submit it to the debate site. Excellent work!

Jabrwock ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Excellent work Austin! I like that he mentioned the fact that movies aren’t regulated, so the pols can’t weasel out by saying they’d regulate games as movies are regulated. It’s amazing how many people in the US don’t know that movies aren’t regulated at all…

Gameboy says:

Ouch. That question stings. He certainly didn’t pull any punches.

This is exactly what we need to ask the politicians. This is what people need to hear. “Well… are you going to waste my money?”

E. Zachary Knight ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I like this one. This goes straight to the heart. He looks very clean cut as well. If only he was wearing a shirt and tie, but this was good. The scene was not too busy, the video and audio was great.

Keep it up.