Latest Debate Videos Challenge GOP Candidates on Wasteful Game Laws

August 17, 2007 -

Longtime GamePolitics reader and ECA member Jeff McHale (you may know him better as the1jeffy) has turned in his video for the upcoming CNN/YouTube Republican Presidential Debate.

There's also a nicely done (but very brief)

Halo Machinima

...

Comments

XD as the second one is talking a worthog is in the background firing the gattling gun.

Only 1 comment? Come on people, at least you could tell me how bad you think it is!

Anyway, the ECA sent me t-shirts already! Talk about quick shipment.

I got an email from the YouTube debate mods, telling me to include my name, location in the description to ensure a chance at being included. I've done so. Good luck to everyone else who submitted a video, I hope one of us gets included on TV!

@ the1jeffy

I have not been able to watch the videos yet as I am at work. I did however get the same e-mail.

I have noticed that the interest of the GP readers are waning in regards to these videos. The last set only got a handful of comments.

good job Jeffy. Awesome Moogle in the background. where'd you find it?

jeffs one was really good. great question.

I'm very tired of seeing these halo videos. I'd hope they don't have a chance because I doubt a candidate would take it seriously. Hell I can't even take them seriously.

When is the youtube debate?

Dexee,

It was from an import website, I got it for my wife's b-day about 2 years ago, so it's tough to recall.

E.Z.K.

Yeah, I guess after the initial slew of videos, interest has slipped. Too bad, because I feel that this is a great opportunity for us.

Someone feel free to use this arguement, I'm in the UK so its not really appropriate for me to make a video;

point of sale legislation to prevent children playing violent games is pointless, the ERSB is there to inform parents of the content within games which cannot be accessed instore, a watchful parent can prevent a child ever viewing this content in their household. Why should the industry, retailers and the ERSB be blamed for parents failing to use the system that is in place?

Excellent video jeffy. The cuecards are very jon stewart-esque. They make poignant statements (and directed discussion) that need not be said aloud. Each sentence was a .270 bullet pint. It really drove it home.

and shameless promotion is awesome, go ECA and GP!

As I mentioned in the forums, I think Jeff's is pretty fab.

The Halo one... well... it makes me angry. That's all I'm going to say.

yeah..as interesting of a method it is, it and others like it look a bit unprofessional in an area where we are trying to be taken seriously.

@ Jeff McHale

Thank you for making one of the only videos that appears informed, well-thought out, and professional in its composition. Your video should be chosen!

Craig R.Ok, my internal debate was short-lived. If Win10 is still a year out, I'm not waiting that long for an SSD, so on Win7 I will remain.09/30/2014 - 7:52pm
Matthew Wilsonits called windows 10, and I am happy to get the start menu back.09/30/2014 - 7:18pm
Jessy HartIs this stuff about Windows 10 legit? Is it actually called Windows 10 or is it just some stupid joke?09/30/2014 - 6:57pm
ZippyDSMleeSo I been trying to play Bioshock Infinite I got all the DLC,ect but do not want the extras to make your charatcer over powered from the start.....they force you to take them which is quite annoying......09/30/2014 - 6:45pm
Craig R.I need to upgrade to an SSD, still seriously debating moving to Win8.1 from 7 at the same time09/30/2014 - 6:07pm
Craig R.Win10 is probably Win8.1 with more cleanup and the Start button back.09/30/2014 - 6:06pm
Sora-ChanAhh, it's just weird seeing someone's post all of a sudden have replies from days prior before it was posted due to that.09/30/2014 - 5:49pm
MechaTama31sora: I broke the ordering intentionally, as AE's and my conversation had squeezed the text boxes down to be quite slim. I replied to an earlier post of his instead of the one I was actually replying to.09/30/2014 - 5:46pm
MechaTama31So, 9 would have been the good one, but they are skipping it to do two crap ones in a row?09/30/2014 - 5:41pm
Sora-ChanSo, judging from the poll post for #gamergate, it looks like too many thread replies breaks the ordering of posts, as seen with the recent post from Infophile.09/30/2014 - 5:31pm
Andrew EisenOr no! It wasn't Y3K compliant. Microsoft thought it best to super future proof its OS and skipped straight to 10 which is Y3K compliant!09/30/2014 - 5:01pm
Andrew EisenJust tell them it wasn't Y2K compliant.09/30/2014 - 5:00pm
Craig R.Looking forward to having to explain to coworkers down the road what ever happened to 9 *sigh*09/30/2014 - 4:57pm
Craig R.2k was crap. XP was solid, 7 is good, 8.1 is actually really good once you make it look like 7 :)09/30/2014 - 4:52pm
Sora-Chan@MP As someone who has used each version of windows since 3.1... I prefer Vista over 7 for various reasons. The only thing I give 7 over Vista is preformance. They really screwed up a bunch of things when making 7. Also, XP was a pain. 2k was better.09/30/2014 - 4:13pm
Jessy Hart@E. Zachary Knight Is that show called Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures?09/30/2014 - 3:34pm
IanCWin 8 isn't bad, it just can't decide whether to be a desktop OS or a tablet OS.09/30/2014 - 2:40pm
IanCI think its a way of getting round giving it free to Win 8 users...09/30/2014 - 2:39pm
MaskedPixelanteWindows alternates between bad and good versions. XP was good, Vista sucked, 7 was good, 8 sucked, therefore 10 will suck, QED.09/30/2014 - 2:18pm
E. Zachary KnightPerhaps they are calling it "10" because on a scale of 1-10 of how awesome it is, it is a clear 10.09/30/2014 - 2:06pm