Latest Debate Videos Challenge GOP Candidates on Wasteful Game Laws

August 17, 2007 -

Longtime GamePolitics reader and ECA member Jeff McHale (you may know him better as the1jeffy) has turned in his video for the upcoming CNN/YouTube Republican Presidential Debate.

There's also a nicely done (but very brief)

Halo Machinima

...

Comments

XD as the second one is talking a worthog is in the background firing the gattling gun.

Only 1 comment? Come on people, at least you could tell me how bad you think it is!

Anyway, the ECA sent me t-shirts already! Talk about quick shipment.

I got an email from the YouTube debate mods, telling me to include my name, location in the description to ensure a chance at being included. I've done so. Good luck to everyone else who submitted a video, I hope one of us gets included on TV!

@ the1jeffy

I have not been able to watch the videos yet as I am at work. I did however get the same e-mail.

I have noticed that the interest of the GP readers are waning in regards to these videos. The last set only got a handful of comments.

good job Jeffy. Awesome Moogle in the background. where'd you find it?

jeffs one was really good. great question.

I'm very tired of seeing these halo videos. I'd hope they don't have a chance because I doubt a candidate would take it seriously. Hell I can't even take them seriously.

When is the youtube debate?

Dexee,

It was from an import website, I got it for my wife's b-day about 2 years ago, so it's tough to recall.

E.Z.K.

Yeah, I guess after the initial slew of videos, interest has slipped. Too bad, because I feel that this is a great opportunity for us.

Someone feel free to use this arguement, I'm in the UK so its not really appropriate for me to make a video;

point of sale legislation to prevent children playing violent games is pointless, the ERSB is there to inform parents of the content within games which cannot be accessed instore, a watchful parent can prevent a child ever viewing this content in their household. Why should the industry, retailers and the ERSB be blamed for parents failing to use the system that is in place?

Excellent video jeffy. The cuecards are very jon stewart-esque. They make poignant statements (and directed discussion) that need not be said aloud. Each sentence was a .270 bullet pint. It really drove it home.

and shameless promotion is awesome, go ECA and GP!

As I mentioned in the forums, I think Jeff's is pretty fab.

The Halo one... well... it makes me angry. That's all I'm going to say.

yeah..as interesting of a method it is, it and others like it look a bit unprofessional in an area where we are trying to be taken seriously.

@ Jeff McHale

Thank you for making one of the only videos that appears informed, well-thought out, and professional in its composition. Your video should be chosen!

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm