11-year-old Sells Video Games, Donates Proceeds to Hillary

Anonymous says:

The kid did what his parents told him or what hilary bribed him to do is what i think she should not win obama is the one who should win but even he is not what is best he is just the best out of the selfish people who ran and i dont know why the kid sold his video games and his bike and what else he could and all that should be a little more mayby 440 if it was a couple of video games but he sold a collection and a bike to an elven year old is like a car i should know i am one

xdarkxwarriorx ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

…amazing. what an idiot.

hilary clinton does not need any more money. no politician does. its funny, if this would have been about some kid selling his stuff in order to feed a family in africa or help someone, i would applaud it and think it was incredibly good for him, and it would have maybe even inspired me or some other people to do the same… but hillary clinton? you gotta be kidding me.

Anonymous says:

Prototype says:

I feel legitimately sorry for this kid. As there’s little to no chance that he actively made this decision on his own, it’s likely that he has those influential parents, who impose their exacting beliefs into their children to a point of a miniature cult.

Loudspeaker ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Well kid aside, what about Hillary? Isn’t she looking to be the next leader of this nation? Someone who’s pledged to look out for the people of the United States?

…So why did she just think only of herself?

If she was a TRULY upstanding leader she would have taken the kid and had him open a savings account, put it away for college, what have you, but not taken the donation. Taking the donation just furthers the fact that you really don’t care what the people think. All you care about is yourself.

Hillary is someone who believes the government knows best and she’s going to build the best gov’t ever…

…So with this as an example she’s going to build a gov’t that gladly accepts your money and gives nothing in return. Great.

This isn’t just a publicity stunt. It’s a publicity stunt gone bad.

Godkarmachine O Inary ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I don’t think the kid is stupid at all. He believes in Hillary Clinton and wants to donate to her campaign so badly, that he gave up a lot of his personal possessions to do what he thought would help.

Now my problem is where does an 11 year old get that kind of idea? At first you might think it is nice for a kid his age to know about politics, but what does he actually know?

It worries me that his parents might have played a huge part in this.

BmK ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@Smarty Pants

I agree 100%. I was very politically minded and aware when i was 14 and wish i could have voted at that age, so i do believe that this kid could be doing it out of his own free will, in which case i’d say kudos to him even if i disagree with his choice of candidate.

Smarty Pants says:

@Austin Lewis
    Hey, not all kids under 15 are so dumb and impressionable. I mean, I’m not old enough to vote but I can hold a strong debate for my candidate any day. Don’t sell kids short. Either way, It screams publicity stunt. Tnose parents are jerks for letting him sell his stuff in the first place.
    And HC is a scumbag for taking the money.

Jim Sterling ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

No child would do that without a LOT of parental influence. Any right minded parent would talk a kid out of it, but I bet he was “encouraged” all the way. And Clinton, so worried about kiddies that she is, really ought not to accept cash from a confused child.

Just, seriously fucked up. I feel bad for the kid.

Chalts ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

If any candidate represents conceding defeat to a theocracy, it’s Clinton; I’m sure she’d do everything she could to make sure as little as possible is done about militant Islamic theocracy, just like her husband’s presidency.

Dubbleyoo-tea-eff says:

So, do you figure the kid really gets behind Clinton’s plan for Iraq, or feels she’s the best candidate to fix the economy?

If the kid REALLY decided he was going to sell his stuff and help Hillary, well kudos to him. Can’t say I’d lend him any money to bet on horses though.

In all honesty, it’s quite likely, at least at some level, a fabrication.

Really is the shits for the poor kid too. What with Gas going up and no bike, plus he’s out the video games, he’s going to have to take up card games or something… well, maybe not card games. At least not gambling games.

Deamian says:

It’s really cute how he sold his videogames for a president who has, to say the least, no wish for the videogame industry to really flourish.

Cute, but saddly ironic.

Austin Lewis ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@Keith K

You’re lying to yourself now. From a psychological standpoint, 11 year olds can only parrot the thoughts of their parents or their teachers. They don’t have their own opinions.

If you don’t understand that his parents probably made him do this, then you’re an absolute idiot.

Also, where is the theocracy you speak of? America? You seem to be something idiotic masquerading as something self-satisfied.

Chalts ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@ Keith K

We’re not mad at the kid, we’re saying that Clinton would be a dirt bag to take campaign money from an impressionable kid. Even if Clinton had a strong chance, that money would have been better spent elsewhere, like savings for college.

When I was 11, I didn’t think about politics; I liked the candidates my parents liked because my parents liked them. I didn’t become truly politically aware until I was fifteen. Now maybe this kid is some sort of wunderkind who already holds his own political opinions at 11, but the odds of that seem pretty small to me compared to the odds his parents had something to do with this.

And what the crap do you mean by ‘conceding defeat to a theocracy’… I wasn’t aware there was a clergyman in the race.

Keith K ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

There is something majorly wrong with your country if you think anyone has “no chance”. What happened to the American Dream?

What is wrong with you people, conceding defeat to a theocracy? You’re on a downward spiral and when you see someone taking part in the democratic process, you look down on them like you have any insight of your own.

When I was 11 I was certainly politically minded. I didnt need my parents opinions. I could read the newspaper myself. So can this boy. I dont think any of you are actually upset by this.. you are jealous of his ambition. This is a young man who deserves a right to vote.. while most of you, apparently are given a little too much for being of age. You think 7 years of existence gives you more wisdom than him? I would like to see you try and prove it.

Graham says:

Poor kid, wasting his resources on a candidate who has no chance. He should’ve put that money to better use, like a fake ID for GTA4.

Lost Question ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

while many will take this for what it is, on the gp site the strategy is to fool the sheeple that hold majority.

Somehow i dont think the kid was given a choice from his parents who where in all probibility paid by a hilliry hired press company (Note: if the kid actually did this out of their own free will with no outside pressures or influences that would shock me, and blow my mind)

Nekura ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Wake up people! Anyone who can’t see right through this BS of a publicity story would probably also spend thousands on a piece of paper that said they are now the proud owners of a plot of land on the moon! Does the word gullible mean anything to you? If you think for one second that the parents didn’t have EVERYTHING to do with this, you are sadly mistaken. “… I like seeing kids involved in politics. GOOD JOB!” Yes, great job on the parents’ part for managing to completely brainwash their child into making a pointless sacrifice (assuming he wasn’t COMPLETELY FORCED to do it). Just remember, there is NOTHING more impressionable than a child. The parents ought to be ashamed of themselves. This is absolutely deplorable. Honestly, an 11 year-old has no business in such a transaction. For shame people.. for shame.

?! says:

Did she take the kids money?? I hope not, she should have said thanks! and gave the kid an autographed photo or something and told the kid to put the money in a savings account for his education. If she took the kids money she is a dirt bag.

Jay ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

It’s sleazy to take political money from an 11 year old. The kid doesn’t realise what he’s doing. It feels like child labour.

Chalts ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

If Clinton kept that money, I can’t help but see her as a vile human being. $440 don’t mean jack to her debt and it certainly isn’t going to help her failure of a campaign.

This story literally makes me sick to my stomach.

Aliasalpha says:

My money’s on attempted publicity stunt too. Perhaps it hasn’t made the rounds because they realised it sounded a bit too much like a christmas movie.

Tiny Tim, complete with a crutch for his bad leg, has wanted one special toy for as long as he can remember, he works so hard on his [paper route / lemonade stand / 18th century coal mining job] and despite being desperately poor and helping his sick grandmother, he finally brings his huge jar of pennies to the toystore and walks out the proud owner of his dream toy. When he gets home, he hears about someone sad and shivering in the christmas cold (probably the little match girl freezing to death) and he finally comes to the realisation that worldly goods aren’t as important as inner goodness and donates the money to a cause he believes in.

“God bless us every one”

Roll Credits

Grendal says:

Technically the kid can do this as long as he meets three criteria, it’s actually his money, his parents don’t reimburse him and the contribution is knowing and voluntary. I really don’t see how an eleven year old can give a knowing donation but for now at least I’ll take the parents at their word.

Also this isn’t the first case something like this has happend, the washington post had an article on it last october. The link if you want it

Ravenhawk ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

First response is something that has already been stated: This screams publicity stunt. If it did actually happen, which lots of the things Clinton likes to report on doesn’t, I’m rather disgusted at the kid’s parents. Taking part in the “democratic process” is good and all, but making your kid sell their stuff is just wrong. And no eleven year old would decide on their own without push that it was a good idea to sell all of their things.
    And then, of course, there is the fact that Hillary has already lost..
    So he’s giving away all of his things to lower the amount of deby that Hillary has to deal with after her failed campaign?

Austin Lewis ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@Keith K
    I give thousands to politicians yearly. I meet all the candidates when they come through my part of the US. What have you done, that you can talk down to the people who post here?

Chances are, you do jack shit.

J C says:

The more likely story is that this kids parents support hillary and either made the kid donate, or brainwashed him. No 11 year old kid is smart enough to fully have a grasp on politics.

Reede ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

The story itself makes me smile that a kid could do this. Sadly I don’t think his grasp on Hillary Clinton goes quite as far. All in all though, good for the kid to stand up for what he believes in.

Island Man says:

Hm…. Well thats money well spent… lol in the end will it have been worth it? We’ll see we’ll see. Hopefully for the kid, they give refunds hahaha

Zanduar ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

If Hillary becomes president she would work on a law to make it illegal for him to own the games anyhow. She has gone out of the way to try and replace the ESRB with an even stricter system of game censorship.

lumi ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Yes, true – I’ll not fault him for it. I suspect his parents are very dedicated Hillary backers.

This is what worries me. I feel an itch on the back of my neck that this was more of a parental publicity stunt than anything else, and that would be truly tragic. I hope I’m wrong.

Gameclucks says:

The only reason Hilary is still in the race right now is to keep getting campaign donations (to pay off huge debts and loans).

Looks like that strategy is paying off. CHA-CHING!

She can even claim that the kid selling his bike was ‘economic stimulus’

alex says:

I hate politicians and the though of giving money to them unsettles me. But, kudos to this kid for having an opinion and doing something about it.

GRIZZAM 512 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

If this is a publicity stunt, it didn’t work. This is the only place Iv’e heard about this, and it’s a little late for Hillary to pander to gamers.

Jeremy ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

All I can think is wow what a dumb kid, and what great tear jerking bs for Hillary Going to Destroy my Party before I call it quit Clinton

TheEdge ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@ Khabi

You’re not alone,I also think this year’s crop of candidates sucked ass.

This kid must’ve been coned into this by his parents,because I don’t think I even knew who our President was when I was 11,and my friends probably didn’t have a rats ass of scant knowledge either.The point is,most average kids don’t know or care about politics at that age,it usually isn’t until they’re 13-14+ yrs. of age that they do,or it’s like what everyone else is saying and it’s a stunt to try and save what little faith they still have in their doomed campaign(they being the Clintons).

GRIZZAM 512 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Hell I think it’s great! Despite the fact that I absolutely HATE Hillary Clinton, I like seeing kids involved in politics. GOOD JOB! 😀

shady8x ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Wow just wow.

Poor kid, if the Clintons don’t return the money I will be really pissed off at them.

Well, more the I already am..

JustChris says:

The second paragraph really does make it sound like a publicity stunt. I mean, an 11 year old REALLY adamant about making a big sacrifice to support Hillary (or any other presidential candidate).

$440 worth of stuff is a big deal for an 11 year old. I remember when that was considered a huge amount of money to me. Something about this says that his parents gave him an incentive to do this (which the article wouldn’t mention).

GoodRobotUs ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I agree entirely, as I asked earlier, how many games does an 11-year old buy?. That’s not his money he is giving to her, it is his mothers, but his mother thinks it looks better coming from the kid. The kids quite happy, I bet if you check up on him this time next year, he’ll have all new games and all new bike.

Simon Roberts ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Regardless of the possibilities of public relations or parental interference, I feel sorry for the kid, because he might not know what he’s given up until it’s too late. When I was eight, I sold my copy of Blades of Steel. Less than six months later I was regretting it.

On the other hand, now he’s made a name for himself — maybe someday when he’s running for class president, he’ll bring up this episode to prove that he’s willing to commit to his ideals.

I find it a stretch that Clinton would be rendered “speechless” by this action, though. Does that include saying “thank you” to the kid?

Loudspeaker ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Total publicity stunt and a dumb one at that.

Taking $440 from an 11 year old? What next? Candy from babies? SHEESH!

This is obviously a “youth vote” stunt to try and show the super delegates that she does connect with the younger voters. Oh wait, he can’t vote.

Epic fail again. *head desk*

Joe6paK says:

The kid’s eleven, for chrissakes. He doesn’t have the faintest grip on the characters or policies of the candidates. Most likely is that his parents are just Shillary worshipers, and that’s where he picked up the idea that he should help her, whether they actively incited him to do so or not. That or maybe he was just tired of hearing them talk smack about McCain and Obama.

BTW… all three main candidates are tools. Neo-con or neo-lib globalists that are going to keep screwing the country. It’s an amazing mechanism, really… a device that screws deeper whether it’s turned to the “left” or to the “right.”

Ron Paul/Cynthia McKinney ’08!

Jack Wessels ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I can almost guarantee this was orchestrated by the kid’s parents, who wanted an excuse to sell his video games off after hearing a biased report on FOX that video games could turn their son’s brain into mush.

PHOENIXZERO ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

First thought was this was a blatant publicity stunt, second was “wow, this kid is a really poor judge of character if he wasn’t actually put up to this”. I was ten years old when Bubba ran the first time and even then I didn’t like Bill or Hillary, there was just something shady about them. Okay, part of it may also be due to a bad experience in Arkansas but still, I just didn’t like them. I think everything since then has pretty much confirmed that belief I had 16 years ago.

The only people who won’t believe this is a publicity stunt is the media (or at least the ones that still like the Clintons) or her supporters.

New Here :) says:

I think that is how you reply to people on here.

All the checks are things he can’t do.
    Be it Curfew or things just are now things that are labeled gang related and been deemed bad from parents and politics.

Like playing basketball all night. You’ll get kicked off the court, Or Skateboarding. Nope can’t do that either because you’ll be a menace.

Lloyd ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I’m calling shenanigans. The kid is just 11 years old, what does he know about politics? And I could maybe undertand selling just the games (since Hillary hates games) but his bike too? What kid in their right mind would do that?

This just sounds like a publicity stunt; and a very poor one at that.

Blu300 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

The oppressive yoke of Tony Blair?
    Please, please tell me thats a joke!
    How on earth did Labour repress anyone?
    Unless you thought that life under the conservatives was fun and games….

jesse ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I just have to say this that If I met this kid I would wack him in the back of the head (not too hard) calling him stupid. I don’t care if it’s for Obama or Hillary hell even for McCaine. That is a VERY stupid thing to do.

mogbert ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Yeah, this more smacks of a publicity stunt. Doesn’t sound realistic. Would you as parents let your kid throw away $440? That’s what this basically is. Kinda makes me sad because at 11 years old, that is a lot of money.

So either he is getting it back on the back end, or it never really happened. Doesn’t really matter either way. Even if I give the benefit of the doubt and this kid really did send in $440 dollars to her cam-pain, what does it prove? Eleven year olds are easily swayed? He can’t even vote. Should this 11 year olds opinion change anyone elses mind? Would you vote for someone because an eleven year old told you to?

Basically it’s a non-story that is trying to be blown up into a story, like an Iraqian kid giving a US soldier a flower for a photo op.

Brutii says:

THE KIDS 11 11! do you really think he honestly cares about anything political? I doubt he even knows what the democaratic party or republic party is about! my christ people sure do fall for stuff like this

the parents probably told him to do it or this is just a publicity stunt…”oh even the kids love clinton lets vote for her” kinda BS …..

New Here :) says:

Sorry Little man, you just wasted a probably good bike and even worse removed probably great games from your collection to support someone that is completely against video games and your rights. Then again I agree Kudos for doing something like that and acting on what you believe in like Jay13x Said.

And on second note well at least you removed the games from your life before Hillary did! Also that the games went to someone that will actually want to play video games and not just live a life of what! Lets see what you can do now that
    – Play basketball all night on the courts (Check)
    – Walk around with friends just hanging out (Check)
    – Get a game of Pick-up-Baseball (Check)
    – Touch or Tackle Football in the field down the street (Check)
    – Arcade (Check)
    – Building Tree Forts in the woods and sleep all night in them (Check)
    – Go Bike Riding or Skate Boarding (Check)

Geez everything I listed that I grew up on and most of you probably already been removed from either gang related things or curfews that authority’s deem bad!

GNux says:

Meh, I don’t care what eleven-year-olds do with their money. He could burn it, buy thirty pounds of bubble gum, or mail it to the KKK, whatever.

Why does everyone care so much? If he donated it to the ECA, you guys would no doubtedly be screaming, “BRAVO!”, but he sends it to Hillary Cunton and so many fly off the handle.
    No matter where he sends it, nobody should care. It’s $400, what can a huge corporation or association do with $400?

Will everyone crucify me if I send a couple rolls of quarters to Ahmadinejad?

Vinzent says:

It’s kinda scary really. When I was a kid, I had better things to do than worry about who was going to be the next president. It’s not like I could vote or even comprehend the issues.
    So what kind of 11 year old sells off his stuff because he devoutly believes in one particular candidate?

A) Brainwashed by his parents.
    B) This is a PR setup.

Maybe both.

GryphonOsiris ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

And because Bioshock, CoD4, Halo 3, ect, ect are far more comforting than someone who is going to take away your hard earned money that is normally destined for more video games.

Gaddez ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Kid was dumb. Hillary’s campaign was dead months ago, and it’s only now that the MSM is finally ditching the “close race” bullshit.

On top of that, I’m baffled at how an 11 year old can possibly be interested in politics to the point where they’d sell all there worldly possesions and mail the proceeds to a politician. The fact that the kids parents didn’t smack him upside the head for doing this tells me that they’re probably hardcore clintonians.

As an aside, I can’t imagine how shitty this kid’s life at school is gonna be when word gets out that he sold all of his toys to support a candidate who isn’t even going to win the nomination.

Austin Lewis ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Wow, I really didn’t know that. Seriously. I could’ve sworn that all the TV stations have been saying that she’s the first woman to run for president.

Weird eh?

Khabi ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I’ll give the kid this, its a very cute idea.

But face it, a kid’s (especially at 11 years old) judgement on something as complex as politics isn’t going to be biased in one way or the other towards what he thinks is best for him. I’m going to venture a guess that either one or both of his parents are Hilary supporters and he just caught up in the rush.

I’ll give the kid credit tho, even at 26 if someone asked me to sell my games to support a candidate, I would tell them where to shove it (Mostly because I don’t feel any of the candidates are very good).

Ace Tsiehta says:

Why would a kid sacrifice that much for a candidate that clearly has no shot at the nomination at this point? That’s $440 down the tubes. Could have saved it for college. Or a new system…

Dan says:

BS, this did not happen. It must be a publicity stunt.

Even if this kid did ‘sell’ a bunch of stuff to give money to hillary (like that would be the kids idea … I wonder if the parents ‘encouraged’ him) His parents will buy him all new stuff now.

Artifex says:

You shouldn’t be allowed to accept donations from people who are under voting age. Seriously. I know the kid’s intentions are well meant, but at 11 years old I would be hard pressed to even begin to fathom how the political system works, let alone the election process.

…and yeah, I’m fairly sure there was a “little” parental manipulation going on there.

GM ace says:

I’m not quite sure how to feel about this one. On one side of the coin there’s some admiration that a kid is thinking about the bigger picture. On the other side is sadness that he even has to; simply dealing with political bickering from freshman year of high school onward has soured me towards the whole affair. And on the edge of the whole coin is worry that the poor guy really was influenced by a parent. I hope not, but I guess I’m just too cynical to believe otherwise.

NovaBlack ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

lol again, i have NO evidence for this, but secretly i have my own opinion that perhaps a parent was involved somewhat. Again, only my opinion. I wonder if they make more than $440 dollars back for newspaper / tv segments about it.

Shrike says:

And she’ll still lend herself a few more million. It’s a nice gesture, but a drop in the bucket compared to what the Clintons now need to spend to have any hope of even maintaining a close race.

It’s nice to see kids caring about politics, even if it seems pretty blatantly orchestrated to try showing how hillary appeals to the youth… because of how heavily the VOTING AGE youngsters are breaking in favor of Obama.

TheStripe ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Mom and Dad are racist Democrats. That’s really the only justification for supporting Billary now. She’s officially done, and the parents really dropped the ball letting him fritter away his whole life (so far) on a failed campaign. This certainly wasn’t his idea. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks mom and dad promised to buy him a new bike and videogames if he sold his old ones just to give the proceeds to the floundering twat losing the race for the prez. nomination.

“Any of you that would berate him for his political views are pathetic.”

Just like the candidates.

“You sit on the outside looking in with nothing but contempt while those who wish to make a difference do something about it.”

Say I wanted to stop carbon emissions. This kid’s actions are just like me walking up my street sticking bananas into exhaust pipes. It might make you feel better about “trying to make a difference” (if you’re a dolt) but it doesn’t really ever even come close to “making a difference.” I also fail to see how embracing old politics is making a difference. See where old politics got us?

“You only wish you had the balls to actually stand up and try and change something in your lives. You fail in so many ways.”

Every day I change lives. I help people stay in touch with their families and use their technology for enjoyment, profit, self-improvement. Giving money to a failing political candidate takes no balls whatsoever. Stopping your child from making a well-intended mistake does, but I think we’ve more than covered the fact that Mom and Dad absolutely must have influenced this decision. I mean, only one’s parents could turn them on to Hillary. Stupid fucking Boomers.

linenoise says:

He’s 11. He doesn’t understand politics, any feelings he has on whether Clinton should be president can’t be based on anything more than a vague understand that something important is going on. This is one of those fine lines where a parent doesn’t want to discourage their kids from getting involved in things, but it’s also a child being taken advantage of by an adult.

Christophe Janson ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Wow, that kid can’t have many friends, or he didn’t think over his decision. Like what is an 11 year old going to do for social life without games or a bicycle, let’s pray he lives near a soccer field.

Sorbetera says:

ah-hah! so that’s what it is

Isn’t this a little too staged? I mean a kid giving selling video games for Hillary’s cause? A little melodramatic if you ask me, too melodramatic that it almost seem staged. In any case, it is till commendable for a kid as young as that to make decisions and stand by it. Not many 11-yr olds have that kind of drive.

Guillaume says:

Wow. Somehow, the idea of a poor gullible kid doing that much to give cash to a freakin billionaire is beyond me. And the idea of her accepting it is even worse (isn’t it outlawed btw?) I mean, I have nothing against politics, on the contrary, and I find admirable that this kid feels involved that early. But why on Earth is everything about money in that country? There are countless ways to get involved in a political campaign. Talking is the first, and cheaper.

And in some months from now, after whoever wins the election and is in charge, I think the boy is so gonna miss his bike…

GryphonOsiris ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I guess the kid is just getting used to the idea of having to give Hillary all his money once she declares herself Queen of America. [/sarcasm]

Joking aside, while his motives to backing her are all his own, I must admit that to me there has always been something inherently wrong about taking money from someone that young. He’d be better off having his parents deposit that into a 24 month CD or in a investment savings account, and let it grow.

The fact that he did all that to support someone whose campaign is millions in debt, and floundering in the polls shows that he didn’t do his research first, and that Clinton is using it as a media moment. Of course, to me she’s coming off as an old witch taking some poor kid’s money, but that’s me.

Terry says:

I find it odd for such a young person to have such strong political convictions. If the story is true then that is a noble thing to do. I have this rumination though, I can’t help but think there was some parental influence.

lordlundar says:

Ignoring the political stance in this, I think this is just as sad as if he was out looking for a job to support his family.

He’s a little kid, he should simply go and play. School is rough enough, but giving up things which allow him to escape is even worse. I can understand wanting to make a change in the world, but that will come in time, for now, he should just enjoy his youth and play.

Valdearg ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

The kid is naieve, end of story. He probably thought that by giving 500 dollars to the Clinton Campaign, he would be helping them, when in reality, they are spending MILLIONS. The blame should be on the parents, though, who let him do this without bringing up the fact that he is selling his belongings and removing fun items from his life and giving to a lost cause.

TheEdge ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

OH! OH! OH!

I got it!

The dude’s parents FORCED him to sell all his stuff!

Though I do feel kinda bad for the kid(no use trying to save a ship that’s pretty much totally in the water),he should have done a tad bit more research before selling all of his goodies and toys.If his parents really DID con him,when she(Hillary)does lose,and she most certainly will,they’ll be ashamed that they coned their boy out of his stuff,and the boy will have the full right to be as pissed as hell.

Bluraven79 says:

Ahh, the poor lad. I admire his willingness to sacrifice for an ideal, and I believe this quality will be a great boon to him in his adult life; but it is a poorly misguided notion at the present time. He really is too young to be involved in such a thing, and his parents are actually shameful for letting him do this to himself. Well…maybe. If it was their intention to create a publicity stunt, to draw media attention, then their actions are abominable. But if it was to teach him the value of sacrifice…whether that sacrifice leads to the desired end or not…then they are to be applauded.

So, really this whole issue depends on the intention of the parents, as that has a great deal of bearing on perception.

TheEdge ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Oh my mother truckin’ gosh.This kid either doesn’t know about the slaughter that occurred in North Carolina,or he is a complete and total idiot who’s hoping for Obama to drop out.

Ben Ambroso ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I have a really good feeling that the parents had a deep influence on this. You remember when you were growing up? Would you have ever even considered doing the same on your own? What 11 year old even knows that they CAN contribute to a nominee like that? Did Bill Clinton JUST happen to be there? Just so he could have some kid give him this for Hill-dog? I think Mommy told him that he should help because she and Daddy are doing so much to support, and said that if he sold his video games and bike (way to remove his way to exercise AND have fun) he could help too, he felt like something great that would stand out. Well, while he did stand out, I agree with those that said…to what extent? If he did it without his parent’s pushing him to (my money is on the idea that they did) then how long down the road does he start kicking himself, wondering why he even bothered? $400, while a nice gesture, would be like telling a cashier behind the counter to keep the change when you pay a dollar for something that is 99 cents. Nice gesture, but thats about it.

Now, if he did that and added a note saying “This is what I do for fun, and I figure if you win I won’t get to play games or have fun anymore, so I may as well give you the money for my games before you take it from me anyway.”…I say we pitch in and buy the guy the system of his choice and 10 games with it. One of which being GTA IV.

GrimCW ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

“Catboy J Says:
    (Out in The country side you can’t really ride)”

say what?
    i’ve ridden my bike all over out in my area, miles down to town, up dirt roads, across tressel bridges, down railroad tracks, and through the forests.
    only time i ever needed to jump off is going up overly steep hills or going through swamps…

i agree though, shouldn’t have sold the bike… i’ve never bought a bike in my life, anytime i wanted a new one i had to walk miles on down to the junk yard and loot parts to build one (assuming the dogs didn’t chase me out first)
    hmm wonder if i could make money doing that though these days… course i’d bet they have a fence around the yards now… heh i should go check just for fun.

Catboy J says:

Eh I doubt he should of sold his bike. An 11 year old kid can only get around that way sometimes, especially in Towns and Cities. (Out in The country side you can’t really ride)

But yes indeedy, someone should of mentioned it was Millions. At that age my mom wouldn’t even let me trade my bike up, and when I got a new one like it or not, I couldn’t get rid of that one and go back to the old one.

Belgarion89 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I noticed the kid’s last name is Hatfield. Do you think the McCoy’s are Obama or McCain supporters?

First person to get the reference gets a cookie.

Guiguibob80 says:

Children under 15 shouldn’t be able to be involved in political stuff, it’s just to play with voters emotions and this is bad. the democratic process should be rational.

Tom says:

The main thing wrong with this is that the primary campaign is over whether Hillary admits it or not so this money is just a waste. he should have donated it to something that matters like AIDS in Africa or Darfur relief or Salvation Army or pretty much anything but Hillary’s lost campaign.

DavCube ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

It’s the kid’s opinion, i get that, but… not only is he betting a substantial sum of money on what looks to be essentially two coin-flips of an election right now, but… i dunno, people that make this big a deal out of politicians just irritate me. They’re important, yes, but… ugh.

Delin says:

@Austin Lewis

Too bad Hillary isn’t the first to run for president.

The first was Victoria Woodhull in 1872, however it was illegal for her to run.

Another early claimant is Belva Ann Lockwood who ran in 1884 and 1888 on the Equal Rights ticket.

The first for a major party to be running for nomination was Margaret Chase Smith in 1964.

And the first African-American was Shirley Chisholm in 1972.

MRK ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Most adults are not bright enough to think about who they are voting for, let alone children. Odds are an 11 year old knows more about civics than the average American adult. Having said that, I still think it was an amazingly stupid move on the kid’s part, and his parents have undoubtedly brainwashed him (in the loosest form of the word) into the kid being politically active.

Does the kid not realize HRC wants to take away his games in the first place? Probably not.

Rhade says:

“You only wish you had the balls to actually stand up and try and change something in your lives.”

Ah yes, change. I agree… we should be focused on change. We just had a Bush.. so it’s time for another Clinton, right? I only hope Jeb is prepared.

Iliad ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Its easy to stand up for an eleven year old kid and win with the clear moral high ground.

Me, I think ill play devils advocate, the kids a moron, nuff said. I knew better than that at eleven, and I highly doubt he actually formed that opinion himself or is informed period… its the parents doing.

Pominator ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

may I repeat my enquiry:

Isn’t there some form of regulation/age/mentality limit to donating to a political party or group? I mean children and people who aren’t entirely in control of their facilities should probably be kept out of politics so they don’t do stupid stuff like this right?Personally I think that you should be at least 15 before you even concern yourself with who is running the country, sure I knew that England was under the oppressive yoke of Tony Blair since I was 7 years old! But that doesn’t mean that I was about to donate to whoever was in Cameron’s shoes at the time!

So maybe before attacking videogames, the politicians should focus their efforts on regulating something that can really hurt children- themselves.

Keith K ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

This kid is 11 years old, is doing all he can to take part in the democratic process, despite the fact he is not old enough to vote.

Any of you that would berate him for his political views are pathetic. You sit on the outside looking in with nothing but contempt while those who wish to make a difference do something about it.

Austin Lewis ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

This sounds like either brainwashing from the parents, or that the kid just wanted to be able to say he contributed to the first female to run for president.

Either way, that’s idiotic.

Twin-Skies ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I don’t know why, but something about this story just screams “Publicity Stunt.”

Still, I commend the kid for his dedication…if this is true.

Overcast says:

Ehh Jaded..

That’s a 50/50 – some people feel like you slap them in the face if you give their gift back. I’m not one of them – but some do.

jadedcritic ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

That’s just not fricking right. She shouldn’t have kept that money. I’m even less inclined to vote for her now, no moral fiber if she’d take an 11-year old’s money.

Overcast says:

It’s the kid’s opinion, and it’s no more or less important than yours.

Personally, my opinion is that every one of these scumbags are no good and all out to steal us blind, while pushing us further into the ‘slave’ caste we belong in, while they run everything. To them we are mere ‘baggage’ that they unfortunately have to ‘deal with’. Like a necessary evil – I guess in truth, it’s the other way around.

In any event – opinions are different, I’ll not flame the kid for his – but if I had to wager, I’d put money on mine being more accurate.

Canary Wundaboy ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Urm, does this kid know how much she and her husband are worth?
    They wipe their asses with $50 bills kiddo, shoulda kept the videogames.

Kris O. says:

While the story in and of itself makes me smile, the details behind it upset me. Didn’t anyone tell this kid that his $440 means precisely “jack” to her campaign? Someone should have told the kid that she’s sitting on millions of dollars, that can she only use for her campaign. The kid lost more than Hillary gained.

The act alone means far more than the money does. It garners more support for Mrs. Nanny-State. Hopefully, Hillary was nice enough to give the money back to him.

“I’m glad that you sold all your video games, Tommy! Once I get into office, I’ll make sure that you never play video games again!”

GrimCW ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

i wouldn’t half doubt the kid was convinced that she’s be a good prez just cause theres never been a female prez.

the only problem is now, the kid sold his stuff for no reason at all, clintons ugly hide is losing, and even Obama doesn’t see her as a threat anymore.

Pominator ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

wow… suddenly the word “stupid” comes to mind…

1: Who on Earth would want that psychotic bint to run their country?
    2: Why on Earth would you sell videogames and raise money to get her into power when she will just steal all of your families money once she gets into office?

I have a new “save the children from this vile stuff” complaint:

Protect the children from politics! I mean come on! an impressionable kid does all that for a woman he should fear so much because he thinks she should be in office?

Surely there are some regulations to prevent children from doing stupid stuff like this?

[…] wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptAn 11-year-old Kentucky boy sold his bicycle and his video game collection in order to raise money for Senator Hillary Clinton’s flagging presidential campaign, according to the Associated Press. Dalton Hatfield presented a check for $440 to former president Bill Clinton on Friday following a campaign rally in West Virginia: “You sold your bike to get this?” [President] Clinton asked the McAndrews, Ky. native… Hatfield feels so strongly that Hillary Clinton should be the next president he not only sold his bicycle, but video games and anything else he could find that “I could make money with” to donate to the former first lady’s bid for the Democratic nomination. […]

Werrick ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I’m an Obama guy (for however much that counts, given that I’m Canadian) but THAT story is awesome.

Good for that kid.

DavCube ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

And Keith, i understand where you’re coming from, believe me. Regardless of what he sold, an act like this is truly something to be admired. But considering his age, does he even know whether what he was doing was right? Maybe his parents ‘put him up to it,’ for lack of a better term? Who knows, i don’t really care either way, i’m just saying.