Dallas Mayor Hits Guitar Hero III with His Best Shot

With so many elected officials bashing video games these days, GP naturally has a soft spot for any politician willing to get hands-on with our favorite pastime.

Kudos, then to Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert (R) who played a bit of the Pat Benatar anthem, Hit Me With Your Best Shot at a charity Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock marathon today in Dallas. The event is sponsored by Blockbuster and benefits Education is Freedom, a local nonprofit which is part of Mayor Leppert’s Igniting Opportunity for the Children of Dallas Campaign.

The Dallas Morning News reports on hizzoner’s performance:

Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert attempted to play Hit Me with Your Best Shot during a 24-hour charity event featuring the video game Guitar Hero.

Once the mayor began to play he handed the guitar to 11-year old game whiz Aaron Blockmon to play most of the song. At the end, the mayor grabbed the guitar, dropped to his knees and cranked out the last few fake chords rock-star style…

After the mayor won a coin toss, Blockbuster CEO Jim Keyes kicked off the event with School’s Out. While Mr. Keyes was playing, the mayor stuffed his guitar strap with $5 bills.

GP: Awesome, Mr. Mayor. Simply awesome… The marathon runs through Saturday. Click here for details.

UPDATE: GP Correspondent Andrew Eisen has tracked down a video clip of Mayor Leppert’s GH3 performance.

teknet says:

Since 1992, Coach U has offered the most comprehensive coach training programs with 95% of faculty members that are professionally trained, experienced, ICF certified coaches at the PCC or MCC level. You will learn to coach, build your coaching practice, integrate coaching skills into your current life or work, and develop a strong personal foundation. Most participants choose to start their coach training with the Core Essentials™ or Core Essentials Fast Track™ programs, while others who are already ICF certified step directly into Coach U’s Advanced Coaching Program or Corporate Coach U’s Advanced Corporate Coaching Program.

Tabldot Yemek l web tasarımı l yazgulu l diyet l estetik l saç ekimi l minibüs kiralama l burun estetiği l meme estetiği l Tabldot Yemek l oto kiralama l araç kiralama l rent a car l koçluk

Gogus Estetigi says:

estetik ve estetik cerrahi alanında göğüs estetiği ve göğüs estetiği hakkında tüm bilmek istedikleriniz burun estetiği ameliyatları burun estetiği resimleri burun estetiği videoları popo estetiği karın germe ve bölgesel zayıflama liposuction maliyet fiyatları estetik resimleri düğün salonu ve nikah salonu tatil tatil merkezleri estetik merkezleri estetik ve güzellik özel hastane hastane haberleri hospital

ekrem civas says:

Dr.Ekrem Civas Dermatologist

almost I m agree aboout dallas.

I can offer for better site and you can compaire.

saç ekimi ve sac ekimi merkezi olarak civas saç ekimi merkezini öneririm. lazer epilasyon, lazerle varis tedavisi için ankara laser epilasyon merkezi olabilir. varis tedavisi için anakara varis merkezi ni. burun estetigi, meme estetigi ve yağ aldırma için tabiki ankara estetik merkezini önerim.

if you come to ankara please call me

oto kirlama says:

I’m all for freedom of ttnet vitamin speech and allowing rent a car game makers to put whatever they want in games, but there’s one thing about this app that has me scratching my head.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but from araç kiralama the previous article araba kiralama on this I gathered that players can use Google maps in-game to find the other (real-life?) dealers in their area.  If this is the case, has travesti anyone considered what’s stopping someone from using this app to actually move drugs between hands for reals?

But majority araba kiralama of their outrage araç kiralama stems from what it could DO TO children, not the content itself.  Talk to one of these people and you’ll find they don’t think any books kiralık araba should be banned from children.  Mention American Psycho and they talk about kiralık araç the redeeming value of using imagination to construct a story.  Reading, no matter what the content, is largely viewed as a consequenceless activity for people of any age.  The reason why I mention American Psycho is because of the content itself.  Gaming never has and likely never will have any scenes where someone has sex with a severed head.  Not gonna happen.  Yet despite this, they’ll fight tooth and nail to protect their children from two boys kissing in Bully but whatever they read is harmless… yeah.

The entire arguement is kiralık oto based upon a social normality inflicted by luddites who can’t figure out the controls for Halo so it’s frightening and terrifying and obviously the cause of youth violence on the rise even though, in reality, it’s in decline (which is actually a HUGE suprise given minibüs kiralama the economies status).  In  a perfect world, we would have parents that actually parent.  The idea of sales restrictions on media on oto kiralama any form to accomidate parental unwillingness to get involved with their child’s life is the real problem to me.  Here I am, 32 years old, and being held up at a self-scan rent a car needing to show ID before I can buy a $10 M rated game all because Soccer Momthra can’t be bothered to look at the crap Billy Genericallystupidson does in his free time.  It’s too hard for her, so I have to suffer?

estetik-cerrah says:

Saç ekimi operasyonlarda gelişmiş tıp teknolojisi ve hastane ortamında saç ekimi operasyonları ve erken rezervasyon yaptıran herkese Helikopter turu ile İstanbulu gökyüzünde 1500 feet ten gezinti natural istanbul ile saç ekimi operasyonlarında farkı farkedeceksiniz siz özelsiniz size yapılacak estetik operasyonlarda özeldir

ankaranakliyat133 says:

very nice sites.good.

Basically, the way things are going. Will be ankara nakliyat nice too bee ankara evden eve nakliyat bu sekildeki yerle evden eve nakliyat yapmaları icin evden eve nakliyat sizlerde bu tip çalışma yapmak isterseniz ankara nakliyat başvurabilirsniz. Saç ekimi olması gereken lazer epilasyon ve bububn yanısıra merkezde burun estetiği olmak yanıbasında saç ekimi olması gereken sizlerde saç ekimi  saç ekimi merkezleri ankara evden eve yapmakla beraber.Tüp bebek merkezleri olmakla beraber …

very nice sites.good.very nice sites.good.

BlackIce, Dragunov Marksman ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Er.. It’s telling me I’m a spammer. Oh well, Dennis’ll have some fun when he sees what I tried to post.

Anonymous says:

So is it just me, or is GP a little borked today?  This story says it only has 1 comment, and I haven’t seen a new news story since Friday… O.o

Father Time says:

I saw the video and that mayor looks like a real nice guy, that must’ve been a really cool event.

Now let’s see they got their mayor to do that thing so maybe we can top them and have our governer do it…

Oh shrawcheneggar (sp) I think I know how you can get more respect from gamers (I can dream can’t I).

Raidur says:

I find it interesting that we’re seeing a lot more of this type of news lately. Perhaps some of the politicians are finally getting the hint that video games arent evil and can even assist in doing good when used properly. Either way you put it, Rock On Mayor Leppert, Rock On!

Jack Wessels says:

I respect the attempt. Still, he did take all the glory from the kid… Oh well, he tried.

This whole business of stuffing of bills into a strap does sound somewhat suspect though…

Starsmore says:

There’s politicians for you.

They make a halfassed start on something, pass it off to someone else for the bulk of the work, and then take all the credit.

-GRIZZAM PRIME(c)is property of the U.S. Marine Corp. Wetworks Dept., and also The Incredible Hulk-GRIZZAM PRIME is not to be associated with GRIZZAM 512 or any other GRIZZAM entity under penalty of law, so sayith ZARATHOS.