Judge’s Jack-is-Guilty Recommendation: We Have the Document

Earlier this week GamePolitics broke the news that a referree appointed by the Florida Supreme Court had issued a recommendation that anti-game attorney Jack Thompson be found guilty on 27 counts of professional misconduct.

The referree, Judge Dava Tunis (left), wrote that she based her recommendations upon testimony and documents submitted during Thompson’s nine-day trial on charges brought by the Florida Bar. While the final ruling on Thompson’s status will come from the Florida Supreme Court later this year, Judge Tunis has scheduled a hearing on June 4th to discuss possible sanctions.

For his part, Thompson has filed a motion in federal court to stop the June 4th hearing from taking place. He is also alleging that Judge Tunis isn’t really a judge because a required state loyalty oath wasn’t properly signed. All of which reminds GP of a saying often attributed to Thompson’s law school classmate, Al Gore:

When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, holler.

Read Judge Tunis’s recommendations (5-page PDF)…

Loudspeaker says:

Jack quit? Not a chance!

If he quits where will his cry of conspiracy go?  How can he uphold his self image of a crusader of justice against his arch nemesis Mr. Zelnick of Take-Two?

Jack will hold out to the bitter end and continue on long after his license has been revoked.  I also suspect Fox News will throw him on for some ratings until the gaming community brings down the truth hammer by blasting Fox News and the rest of the Internet with the fact that he’s been disbarred for dishonesty among many other charges.

If there is one thing Jack Thompson is not…  It’s a quitter.  However, the brick wall of truth he keeps ramming his head against is still there.

"Volume helps to get a point across but sharp teeth are better."

Chuma ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

It’s dependant on each instance of where these laws are being applied, i.e. from which complaint.  Yes we can say his conduct and writings are in breach of those rules, but maybe not in those specific circumstances.  Infact, 2 of the rules that he was found not guilty of he was found guilty in a different circumstance.

Mackenzie ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

You’re correct though, if anything, you understate the difficulty of getting licensed elsewhere.  Being disbarred is more than a big strike, it’s a virtual certainty that no other jursidiction would give him a license.

Also, don’t overlook the fact that he wouldn’t be able to get admitted anywhere pro hac vice (as a "visiting" lawyer).  Judges don’t grant pro hac vice motions where the would-be lawyer is not licensed somewhere else.

Of course all this assumes that disbarment will be the ultimate decision.  That seems likely, but it’s not decided yet.

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

I hear that when news of Jack’s filing with the federal court started making the rounds at the courthouse, five judges put in for immediate vacation time.

Fake Jake Thompson, Esq and Gadfly says:

From: Fake Jake Thompson, Esq. and Gadfly.

TO. VP Dick Cheney

RE:The stuff has hit the fan.

Dear Dick:

You may remember me from the 60 minutes episode on video games. Also I appeared on a Sesame Street episode on video games. The Grouch is playing a video game. I take it away from him and lecture him on the danger of video games, and then the cookie monster hits me over the head with a cookie jar. It was great family fun!

Anyway, a liberal commie pinko Judge who has not taken a valid loyalty oath, by the unlikely name of Dava Tunis, has found me guilty (imagine that! ME. of all people) of violating some cockamamie bar rules because I was in sweet home Alabama fighting the good fight. (You guys won Alabama both times, right? Florida too by the by.) Anyway,  I voted for you guys, no hanging chad, and I have been a front line solider in the war on obscenity. That’s me- GI Jack, guns blazzing, killing pinko commies all in the name of protecting our children from violence on TV. Now its time I call in a favor. Do a "Guantanamo" on Dava Tunis for me. Make it so she disappears. You know- the old "leave the gun take the Canolli" type of deal on the broad. Once she is out of the picture, its clear sailing for our conservative agenda, at least until Janauary 2009, unless you guys can cook something else up and suspend the election. And if you do suspend the election, you will need lawyers like me, on the front lines, fighting those "democratic pinkos" shouting first amendement crap and all that other stuff.

So Dick, may I suggest you invite the good Judge Tunis on a hunting trip? Get out the old shotgun, and woops! And end to my problems and clear sailing for you guys. Or how about a nice little indictment on forgery? Haul her robbed butt into federal court and turn some of your federal tigers on her. Or maybe enlist her to teach the Iraqis something about american justice. Send her into Fallujah, and a little road side device can send her to an early retirement.

Anyway, I’ll be like the president and leave the dirty details to you. This should be fun. I can’t wait to see what you cook up.

Your Pal, standing side by side with in the war against video games and to save america. Those games are way too violent. I say we stand the whole lot of the programmers up against a wall and BADA BING two nice shots each between the eyes. It will save america and you will be a hero in the cultural wars.

Fake Jake Thompson, Esq. (for a while more anyway) and gadfly. (They can’t take being a gadfly away from me,)

Adam ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Jack is finally going down. He may be going down kicking and screaming (like we all new he would), but still, he’s going down.

vellocet says:

"(From Blank Rome’s complaint) Making statements that the lawyer knows to be false  or with reckless disregard as to the truth or falsity concerning qualifications or integrity of a judge"

^^ He’s guilty of this one in the Judge Friedman Complaint

"(From Judge Freidman’s Complaint) Engaging in conduct involving dishonesty , fraud, deceit,  or misrepresentation"

^^ And he’s guilty of this one in the Alabama case

Brainswarm says:

This was a very rather boring document to read.  It’s little more than a list of charges followed by Guilty (mostly) or Not Guilty.  But I suppose filling a legal document with snarky remarks isn’t what a competent and professional member of the court does.  So, I’ll have to wait for Dennis to put up Jack Thompson’s response if I’m going to get some real laughs.

Stryc9 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I wonder if now that he’s likely to get disbarred he can go to work a Fox News full time as their "First Amendment Corresopndant".

Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

At least we now know what four charges Tunis recommended JT’s acquittal of.

Lantis says:

He can try, but that also requires that state’s bar association to accept him as a member, and being disbarred anywhere is a big strike against him.  And he still wouldn’t be able to practice law in Florida, since the Florida bar probably wouldn’t be inclined to be giving guest lawyer privileges to somebody they just tossed out on his ear. IANAL, though, so I may be wrong about some parts of this.

AttackGypsy ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Jack, as you are disbarred, and move on to a new position, remember this.

1. Always upsell. ("Would you like the extended warantee with that? Do you need batteries?")

2. Always make sure you clean the grease stains off of your uniform.

3. Make sure that you wring as much of the water out of the mop as possible.

4. If your drawer is off, you may get fired. So make sure its not.

5.Hurry hurry hurry.

6. Remember the greeting. ("Welcome to Wal-Mart. Would you like a cart?")

Jabrwock says:

I like JusticeBlog’s coverage of the forgery issue:

"You’re who? He did what? We care why?"

Pretty much boils down to "we don’t know why so-and-so would forge judges’ loyalty oaths, and frankly, since after learning that they had to, they signed new ones, it doesn’t matter."

I like one columnists’ view (although he was talking about a teacher in Cali):

"Loyalty oaths are soooo 1950’s…"

— If your wiimote goes snicker-snack, check your wrist-strap…

Lost Question ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Jack may have forgotten about the subpoena. He seems to do that to anything that he is not able to twist into a personal "victory".

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

The order from the Supreme Court of Florida which requires Jack to have another attorney sign his filings only applies to his filings with the Supreme Court of Florida. He’s free to file with his own signature in any and all other courts. He filed his motion seeking to avoid the June 4th hearing in a U.S. federal court (the Southern District of Florida), not the Florida Supreme Court and he’s prefectly free to do so.

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

That’s not at all true. It’s already been found that Judge Tunis had a defected loyalty oath because someone other than she signed her name to it. She’s already admitted that it was a forgery. But all that does is call into question her right to hold office. And that question is now pretty much moot because she has recently executed a loyality oath by her own signature. But even for the time that she didn’t have a good oath, the legal doctrine called "de facto judge" functions to ensure that her jurisdiction and the validity of her rulings are still intact. The doctrine is based upon the notion that just because a judge has not satisfied all the routine requirements to hold office (e.g., swearing a loyalty oath) their status, at worst, can only change from a so-called "de jure judge" (judge by law) to that of a "de facto judge" (judge by fact). And, as a matter of law, the actions of a de facto judge as just as legally binding as those of a de jure judge. So, if she sent you up the river to do four life sentences on a quadruple homocide, you ain’t coming back down the river just because of a defective oath.

DarkTetsuya says:

And if I know him, he’s going to whine and moan and bitch and kick and scream like the four-year-old in a 55-year old’s body that he is, and continue to clog the system with nonsense till d-day.

Anonymous says:

Pardon my french, but it’s not like he’d give a shit if that was the result if it did happen, so long as he avoids a slap on the wrist.

Kincyr says:

two counts of "engaging in conduct intended to disrupt a tribunal" (Alabama Pro Hack Vice Application, Judge Moore’s Complaint)
    one count of "making statements that the lawyer knows to be false or with reckless disregard as to the truth or falsity concerning the qualifications or integrity of a judge" (Blank Rome’s Complaint)*
    one count of "engaging in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation" (Judge Friedman’s Complaint)*

*he’s guilty of these on the other complaints, making him 1 for 3 in case he tries to claim these as victories

岩「…Ace beats Jack」

nightwng2000 says:

Ok, well, my initial post was flagged because it had links to info about the judge Tunis loyalty oath.

So, search for justicebuilding at blogspot and look at the article called "you asked for it".  That article puts the issue to rest.

NW2K Software

Nightwng2000 has also updated his MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/nightwing2000 Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as http://groups.myspace.com/pfenl

nightwng2000 says:

Regarding the Judge Tunis Loyalty oath issue:

The memo referred to in said article:

‘Nuff said.

NW2K Software

Anonymous says:

Al Gore was apparently paraphrasing an earlier quote which went:

“When you have the law on your side, pound the law. When you have the facts on your side, pound the facts. When you have neither the law nor the facts going for you, pound the table.”

CK20XX says:

I’m curious to know which lawyer approved Jack’s motion to stop the hearing.  Was it his wife?  Or did he forego that step entirely?  Violating his subpoena will only make things worse for him.

Anonymous says:

"…alleging that Judge Tunis isn’t really a judge because a required state loyalty oath wasn’t properly signed…"

Now, though I rather doubt it will be, if this is proven true then every case she has ever ruled on will be thrown out the window, thus if she every put someone away on for say….a quadruple homicide or serial rape, they’d alllll be released…

Wookiee ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Out of curiosity, what are the 4 charges he’s not guilty of? If it’s in the PDF, forgive me for being too lazy to skim it.

MaskedPixelante says:

If I know Jack, he’s going to quit and save face. That way he isn’t technically disbarred, and he can go get licensed somewhere else. It’s the "you can’t fire me, I quit" technique.

—You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

DoggySpew says:

Somehow, it is a bit sad that the whole Jack Thompson is finally almost over. It’s like watching a trainwreck, and having to cleanup afterwards.

Freak4all says:

I must say that reading every single one of those "GUILTY" statements at the end of each line was very satisfying perfect anger management for the average gamer.

shaoron ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

(From Alabama Pro Hac Vice Application) Engaging in conduct intended to disrupt  a tribunal

(From Judge Moore’s Complaint) Engaging in conduct intended to disrupt  a tribunal

desperad0 says:

Thanks good job;

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing travesti or little and need to start saving costs. and dizi izle

Now I don’t have to get off my ass for the important shit anymore!

Whats next, ordering pizza from Xbox live?

Wait… I think that sounds like a good idea.

But I think voting should MAKE you get off your ass, and see outside or a second while you go vote. I mean, your picking the president of the United States of America for God’s Sake… least you can do is drive down there and punch out a card.

oto kirlama says:

I’m all for freedom of ttnet vitamin speech and allowing rent a car game makers to put whatever they want in games, but there’s one thing about this app that has me scratching my head.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but from araç kiralama the previous article araba kiralama on this I gathered that players can use Google maps in-game to find the other (real-life?) dealers in their area.  If this is the case, has travesti anyone considered what’s stopping someone from using this app to actually move drugs between hands for reals?

Anonymous says:

"If you have the law, hammer the law. If you have the facts, hammer the facts. If you have neither the law nor the facts, hammer the table"

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

Ain’t but one Morton’s Steak and Fried Chicken Shack, my man. And it’s on Slauson (little bit past Crenshaw, close by the swap-meet), in South Central L.A.

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

He’s already raised that exact argument as to both Mary Alice Gwynn and another attorney by the name of Miles Gopman (i.e., the Bar’s initiated disciplinary proceedings against both of them as retribution for them attempting to assist him). Now, of course, it’ll never dawn on Jack that the Bar may have initiated those proceedings because Gwynn and Gopman engaged in some sort of professional misconduct. Nor will it dawn on Jack, as it does on me, that the mere fact that you’re willfully associated with a disreputable character like him tends to call you’re own reputation into disrepute.

Torven ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Don’t forget, Jack doesn’t think he has done anything wrong.  More to the point, I doubt he ever sees his involvement as something detrimental to a case.  Since he is pushing the idea that the bar is out to get him, he may be trying to tie his situation to Gwynn’s as a means of arguing that they are railroading her simply because she is helping him.

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

Initially, it comes from Jack Thompson (part of a motion he’s apparently filed with the federal court in Miami and which he published at jaablog). And, yes, Jack has a long history of lying. Period. However, the fact that there is some collaborative effort afoot between Thompson and Gwyn does have some corroboration beyond Jack’s mere say-so. As Torven noted, it’s been reported in the media that Gwynn filed a RIOC action in federal court and, when inquiries about that case were made of her, she referred inquirers to Jack Thompson. Additionally, the Florida Supreme Court’s docket indicates that Jack Thompson has filed a motion on Gwynn’s behalf in her disciplinary proceeding.

Anonymous says:

Is the news of Ms Gwynn’s involvement coming from her or from JT?   Mr Thompson has a long history of lying about who he is in cahoots with.

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

If Jack indeed has a vested interest in seeing Ms. Gwynn remain in good standing with the Bar, isn’t that all the more reason for him to stay as far away from her disciplinary proceeding as possible?

Still, you’ve made a fair attempt at explaining the inexplicable and no contestant leaves empty-handed. You wanna Whopper with Cheese?

Torven ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Jack needs a lawyer in good standing to countersign his filings.  Gwynn apparently agreed to be that lawyer.  She also has filed a RICO suit against the Bar alleging preferential treatment for members insured be a specific company.  All in all, Jack has a vested interest in maintaining Gwynn’s good standing.

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

Yes, truth is stranger than fiction, but I still can’t believe this one:

There is a Florida attorney by the name of Mary Alice Gwynn who apparently is the subject of a current disciplinary proceeding by the Florida Bar. Ms. Gwynn has apparently chosen as her legal representative in this matter, from among the thousands of other available attorneys, none other than my favorite incompetent nit-wit . . . (drumroll, please) . . . John B. Thompson, Esq!!

Steak dinner at Morton’s on me for the first poster who can explain this one to me (and, yes, you can order the 5 lb. lobster at market price, I don’t care).

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

No ties that I know of other than a remarkable propensity for both Jack, Bob Hurt, and Scientologists to say and do some whacky things. Jack’s a Prebyterian. Best as I can tell, Bob Hurt’s a Facist.

Anonymous says:

Mr. Hurt is in Clearwater? I have often wondered, since JT himself is in Florida, does he have any ties to Scientology? Does this Bob Hurt guy?

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

Yep. That would be Mr. Hurt. He also has a Googlegroup site which hosts a lot of Jack Thompson’s ramblings and rantings. He recently closed it to all but registered members after wikki, in banning him, used the fact that he was urging his readers to use wikki as a soapbox for a number of half-baked issues. The guy’s a piece of work, in my opnion. No wonder that he and Jack Thompson are kindred spirits.

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

The whole "Florida judges have no valid oaths and must be removed from office" is the brain-child (if you wanna call it that) of Bob Hurt, one of Jack’s supporters and the person I suspect is responsible for filling Jack’s empty head with that rubbish. Mr. Hurt, who blogs extensively, also believes that persons with an IQ below 90 should be forbidden from procreation. He also has some peculiar solutions to the "problem" of African-Americans and Jews in the United States. If there wasn’t an obvious possibility that Mr. Hurt’s just a few fries short a Happy Meal, a reader may come away angry. As it is, however, he’s ridiculously hilarious. Mr. Hurt, who isn’t licensed to pratice law nor holds any law degree, also fancies himself as a legal scholar of sorts. Which is kinda like me, without a license to pratice medicine or a medical degree, fancying myself as a brain surgeon.

He’s also been banned from wikkipedia for spamming nonsense to their entry on U.S. income tax (seems he’s also a "tax protestor" and claims that the U.S. goverment has no authority to levy personal income tax).

Zerodash ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

The ahrc article sure seems to imply the invalidity of Florida Judges (2000-2007) as fact.  If this was true, would that not be a national-headline worthy occurrence?  An entire State’s worth of judges being in office falsely is big news.

Its quite telling that JT would resort to such efforts to save his career- if he were TRULY innocent, would he not be fighting tooth and nail with facts pertaining to his conduct?  That’s like murdering someone and fighting the conviction on the premise that your handcuffs weren’t put on correctly.

bakaohki says:

Aha, so it’s just another case of JT taking multiple pieces of unrelated data, merging them in a way that makes no sense, legally or otherwise, but yelling that the original pieces of data were facts at one poin, they prove him right, and continuing to yell until folks start to believe him.

*continues looking forwards to June 4*

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

Jack Thompson and Bob Hurt. There’s an apporpriate saying in Spanish which translates roughly into, "God makes them but they bring themselves together."

Dog Welder ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Oh, I already knew about Bob Hurt.  That’s the guy who advocates eugenics and a basic reconstruction of the U.S. Government to basically take over and regulate every facet of society and throwing out all the illegals and institutionalizing the "dumb" (or, at least, now allowing them to breed)?  Gosh, where have we heard that before?

Yeah, that guy’s nucking futs.

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

The distinction you attempt to draw isn’t quiet so clear to me as it apparently is to you. The salient issues, as I see them, are whether, in the case of Judge Tunis, Florida Stautes 876.06, et seq., was satisfied, and, if not, what are the ramifications of that failure to her decisions in Mr. Thompson’s disciplinary proceeding. This has nothing to do with two distinct Oaths. To the best of my knowledge, there’s only one statute (i.e., Section 876.06) which creates the requirement of an Oath. The relevant statute, if any, (i.e., the applicable law) is always the touchstone of any meaningful legal analysis. So, unless you’re saying that there are two distinct statutes in play, I’m not entirely clear on just what it is you’re trying to say.

real issue says:

The Loyalty Oath that is being discussed dates back to the McCarthy era.  The original form wanted to assure the State of Florida employee was not a "communist", or a member of such political party.  Thereafter, the Florida legislature changed the form to request all employees sign a Loyalty Oath to promise to follow the laws of the State.  THIS IS NOT AN OATH ONLY FOR JUDGES.  This applies to all employees including toll-collectors, teachers, public work personnel, librarians, solid waste management, law enforcement…get the picture?  Anyone employeed by the State of Florida.  It has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with being a judge.

There is another document called:  Oath Of Loyalty, which is kept on file in the State’s capitol.  That is filled out by any judge upon appointment or election to the court, and sent out by the Governor’s office or Department of Elections.  That  is a document for judges’ which commemorates their Oath of Office and gives them the authority to act in their judicial capacity.  This matter involves no irregularities with the Oath of Loyalty.

So these are two separate and distinct documents, which in this discourse, have been incorrectly merged.

End of discussion, as there is no real issue.

bakaohki says:

Ah, thanks for the easier research links. I ended up reading the other articles on the site, and came to the same conclusion about her.

Two things… where is this May 24 release she sings so highly of ( I don’t see it anywhere ), and if it does exist, I doubt it has the power to null Tunis without many more court hearings; if one magic document could do that, it would have been used by or against Jack ages ago.

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

Do some research on Wendy Clardy (the author of the post at ahrc). In fact, just make your life easy and Google "Wendy Clardy" and "This is How They Stole My House." You may — or may not — agree with me that, while Ms. Clardy’s circumstances and the outcome of her mortgage foreclosure are unfortunate, Wendy Clardy is little more than a disgruntled litigant who thinks, despite obvious facts to contrary, the courts have somehow colluded with others to deprive her of her rights and property. There are plenty of these malcontents floating arond the intertubes. And, because Jack himself is little more than a malcontent who thinks everyone is colluding against him to deprive him of his rights, he will tend to strike a repsonsive and sympathetic note with the other malcontents. Birds of a feather flock together.

bakaohki says:

Heh… well, it seems that now Jack or one of his supporters, or some joker, has a new article up… one that just showed up in my emai for Google Alerts

… considering all the time it takes to work through the Thompson case, I highly doubt that Tunis would be removed from office in fast measure, especially when the person trying to alert the bar has no voice, as his ability to file the documents was taken away…

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

Now, of course, the fact that the lazy, corner-cutting asses at the Dade County courthouse apparently had someone in the payroll office signing and notarizing the judges’ loyalty oaths on their behalf provides Jack with a perfect opportunity to muddy the waters. And muddy them he will. He’s actually pretty good at muddying the waters. But so what? The courts (state and federal) are also pretty good at sitting on a case long enough for any muddied waters to settle. Once the silt that Jack’s stirred up settles back to the bottom, the courts will clearly see that he ain’t nothing but a mud-stirrer. And a mud-slinger, to boot.

JackDon'tKnowJack says:

Nope. the only loop is that of the noose slowly tightening around Jack’s neck.

First, the mere fact that Judge Tunis didn’t have a valid loyalty oath does not invalidate her jurisdiction or her rulings made in any matter before her. It only invalidates her right to hold office. She may not have been a de jure judge (judge by law) but she was a de facto judge (judge by fact). That’s the essence of the "de facto judge" doctrine as articualted by the Florida Supreme Court. Second, the only way to legally challenge the right of a public official to hold their office is through seeking a writ of quo warranto. A writ of quo warranto is what’s called an "extraordinary form of relief" (which roughly translates into "damn near impossible to get"). Under Florida law, a writ of quo warranto is also what’s called a "sole and adequate remedy." When a litigant has a sole and adequate remedy, the law requires that they only pursue that remedy and no other purported remedy. Therefore, if the litigant tries to substitute that remedy for another — such as running to cry, bitch, and moan to a federal court for a stay of proceeding like Jack’s doing — the federal court will abstain from hearing the litigant and from granting any relief. That’s the outcome which is required by the abstention doctrine (which requires that a federal court abstain from interfering in a state matter in which the party before them has an adequate state remedy).

What’s all this legal mumbo-jumbo really mean? It means that Jack is screwed and all his loyalty oath nonsense ain’t doing a damn thing to unscrew him.

black manta says:

See JackDon’tKnowJack’s comments a few posts up.  Essentially, as he said it’s a moot issue because even if her one signing was forged, the subsequent one was genuine.  And there are other clauses in place to make sure that if incidents such as these did happen, their rulings could still be upheld.  As always, Jack is trying to split legal hairs here as he’s desperately looking for an out, which he wouldn’t do if he didn’t think he was in real trouble.  Take it as a good sign. :)

Dog Welder ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Wow…so there’s some badly misinformed nutcase out there who believed and actually PUBLISHED Jack Thompson’s press release?  This has to be a first.  Read her profile (go through the various links).  She seems to be another "religious, protect the children" type.

Aliasalpha says:

Well it’d be a bit more important than the usual rants I suspect, this is a tipping point after all. He should be given the chance to gloat so he gives us ammunition for when he gets disbarred & WE gloat.

Dustin1986 says:

You usually don’t write about the random spam he sends you, so this really must be something. Did he make an insulting picture book again? Over the years you’ve written some pretty awful things about him, and every word of it was true. Or sent in by the man himself! It isn’t slander if it’s the truth, he seems confused about that point.

Mr. Manguy says:

Hehe…can’t wait.

“A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw

Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

HAH!!! HELL YEAH!!!

Kajex says:

It’s a bogus honorific somebody gives themself when they don’t really have much more than exceptional social standing- the term itself is vague here in the U.S., and is really only used by lawyers- the term is usually associated with them.

Also- it’s considered egotistical to call one’s self "esquire"- it’s usually only reserved when beign addressed to. Not that Jack would know.

SeattleMan ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I dunno about that…

The footnote means John was originally NOT GUILTY, but it was changed to GUILTY due to his own actions post-trial. I’d have to say that’s DAMNED funny  :)

Monolith says:

The cubed sign signifies a footnote.

—Oh sure, its fine when a monkey does it. But when I throw barrels at an Italian plumber, they call it a hate crime! – Stephen Colbert

Monolith says:

It works now for me

Salen says:

JT trying to stop the ruling from happening? Wow, that was a shocker. 😉 Seriously, JT’s just mad at this point that he’s going to get slapped, so now he just wants to have the game called a tie and he wants to take his football home and mope.

I wonder if he’ll be found guilty of trying to stop the ruling against him.

Monolith says:

Link doesn’t work.

Jack Wessels says:

Believe it or not Mr. Thompson, but trying to put off the inevitable is only doing exactly that, putting off the inevitable. Just take it like an adult, and give up now, you’ve lost. Even if she wasn’t a real judge and they gave you a retrial with a new referee you’d still go down. You know why? It’s because you’re guilty.

Trevor McGee says:

No escape Mr.Thompson, you’re finally going to have to man up and face the fact that no one takes you seriously except other like minded idiots. You’re a disgraceful human being.