Postal Movie Scores Top Award at Hoboken Film Festival

Postal, the film based on the controversial video game series, has received the "Best of Festival" award at the Hoboken Film Festival, according to a press release from Running with Scissors.

Much-maligned filmmaker Uwe Boll was also named Best Director for his work on the Postal movie. Vince Desi (left), RWS boss and executive producer of the film, said:

When the fans speak, we win. We know this from our experience in the game industry and now the film business just confirms it. The continued success of the POSTAL franchise in all its forms is proof that democracy works; you cannot stop what’s in the hearts of the people. Freedom will always triumph over tyranny.

GP heard from Desi last week, and he offered some additional comments:

My goal was to have a theatrical release, that accomplished, the DVD comes out August 26th… [The Postal movie] ran three weeks in Georgia and South Carolina and two weeks in Chicago. Overall, we made it to around 18 cities.

My main focus now is Postal III for Xbox 360 and PS3 for next year…

desperad0 says:

Thanks good job;

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing travesti or little and need to start saving costs. and dizi izle

Now I don’t have to get off my ass for the important shit anymore!

Whats next, ordering pizza from Xbox live?

Wait… I think that sounds like a good idea.

But I think voting should MAKE you get off your ass, and see outside or a second while you go vote. I mean, your picking the president of the United States of America for God’s Sake… least you can do is drive down there and punch out a card.

oto kirlama says:

I’m all for freedom of ttnet vitamin speech and allowing rent a car game makers to put whatever they want in games, but there’s one thing about this app that has me scratching my head.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but from araç kiralama the previous article araba kiralama on this I gathered that players can use Google maps in-game to find the other (real-life?) dealers in their area.  If this is the case, has travesti anyone considered what’s stopping someone from using this app to actually move drugs between hands for reals?

Anonymous says:

Considering I was there w/my best friend & director of another film, not to mention that from Sinatra Park, watching the so-called ‘dark humour’ of seeing a plane crash into the WTC when from the tent at Sinatra Park one could see Ground Zero, it was blatantly cruel, disrespectful & beyond low-class.

Most people walked out of the screening. To see that AMC is showing this in my Hometown in OC, I am truly appalled. The politics at Hoboken were beyond comprehensive. I thought Hollywood was bad; this was completely controlled. Very, very political.

‘Postal’ is truly the worst film I have EVER seen. There were some good one-liners, but it’s not worth the ride. Uve is a very sick person. I was sad to see Charles Durning being a part of this. It was just wrong.

To save face, I’ll leave it at that.

Chalts says:

If Postal was the best film at the festival, I’d say we need to burn the rest of them for being hazzardous to the mental health of their viewers…

Not that Postal doesn’t also deserve that fate.

Anonymous says:

So you never heard of Arbusto Energy, Salem bin Laden, James Bath and BCCI?  Not to worry, a whole lot of people are happier living in ignorance nowadays.

What the hell is a Blowtax? That sounds like a term that would be used if Cocaine was legalized in the US and taxed.

EDIT: Okay I did a google search and see you were "talking" about Lowtax, have no idea who that is but I think I’ve seen this video before and the scrawny guy clearly didn’t know what the hell he was doing while Boll had trained to be a boxer.

Anonymous says:

What saddens me is that there aren’t likely to be any good movies which dramatize George Bush’s long-standing business relationship with the bin Laden family.  (How many other people can you name who had their first company bankrolled by Osama’s elder brother?)

Anonymous says:

Sucess?  The games were crap, especially that horrible bit of programing known as "2," and it probably was the real reason why you guys went to digital distribution.

It also says something about you if you have to use Uwe Boll to gather attention to your IP and upcoming rehash…….

GryphonOsiris says:

Considering that this film was in worse taste than a bucket of spoiled Poi it makes you wonder how bad were the other films at this festival?

Lance20000 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Likeing shit is all well in good, but when you are shuch a an arrgoant person and see that people hate your movies and still say that you are going to do better than indy 4 or transformers, well then up your Uwe. I know those are typical hollywood blockbusters but you can atleast have the commen sense to see that you are not going to do well with Postal.

Meggie ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Considering this was the Hoboken Film Festival, I don’t doubt that Postal was the best film there. I guess being least crappy is an honor of sorts.

Dog Welder ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Generally if someone appreciates a movie, they tend to consider it to be "good."  Tastes vary.  I’m sure there are people out there who think Postal is brilliant, and I certainly wouldn’t deny them the right to do so.

And I’m also glad that independent films are alive and well, but just remember that just because a film is not a Hollywood film, that also doesn’t mean that it’s "good."  I used to review movies in my spare time.  You would not believe the straight-to-DVD non-Hollywood films that would land in my mailbox.  Most of them were downright painful to watch.  Every so often, though, you’d find a diamond amidst all the manure, but it wasn’t often.

There’s a theory that says 90% of all pop culture is crap.  This certainly applies to movies.

Anonymous says:

JadedCritic and all, Do all movies made have to be "good" to be appreciated?  These judges say no.  Personally, I am happy that people are still making movies that are not cookie-cutter identical to the Hollywood format.  What a boring place cinemas will be when that happens.

And only the critics that couldn’t put up a fight and were out of shape , he pussed out on the ones that looked like they could either be a challenge or had a MA background or at least training and possibly kick his ass.

Marvin The Maniacally Depressed Robot ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Uwe Boll seems to be turning into the next Ed Wood. His movies are horrible but they will gradually gain a cult following due to the so bad its good factor.

aphexbr ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I saw the movie at the Frightfest in ondon last year as part of an ill-advised Boll double bill (the other movie being the not-based-on-a-video-game! Seed). By any normal standards, it sucked. But, compared to Boll’s other movies, it was a masterpiece. Something to do with the fact that Postal was actually *meant* to be a comedy…

It’s still not very funny though and by the time Verne Troyer gets locked up in a suitcase and Boll comes onscreen to have a fight with Vince Desi in his Nazi theme park, I was praying for it to be over…

Joel Why ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I’m no conspiracy theorist, but since this is based on viewers voting, is it possible Boll brought a bunch of ‘viewers’ with him to the festival to vote for him?  I mean, I’m just trying to make this whole thing logical.  Other than a life-time achievement award from the Razzies (that’s the award given out to the WORST films of the year) Boll shouldn’t be awarded with ANYTHING!

Aliasalpha says:

And there really were other movies on the bill? Proper movies that is, not those indy things about gay cowboys eating pudding… wow, how bad must they have been eh?

The idea of burt reynolds as a king is tragically hilarious though, I suspect boll’s movies are the new generation of b-movies

Dog Welder ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Here’s some information on the competition in that category:

Postal — budget: $20,000,000

The Noogies — budget: unknown.  It’s not even listed at

In the Eyes of a Killer — budget: $1,000,000

Predator’s Return — budget: unknown.  Also not listed at

The Pack — budge: unknown.  This movie is actually listed at

It appears that Postal is the only film of the five to actually have a theatrical release to date.

It’s also possible the vote was rigged (though, since I haven’t seen the other four movies I don’t wish to judge them — I haven’t seen Postal, either, but I’m just basing this off of Boll’s body of work).

So, what does $20 million buy these days?

1) Ridicule and scorn of film fans and critics.

2) A very very small box office gross.  (So small, in fact, that it’s not even being reported here: )

3) A $500 prize at a film festival where the competition probably had a combined budget of about 10% of the winner.

Dog Welder ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Yes, it beat out stellar films like:

The Noogies
    In The Eyes of a Killer
    Predator’s Return
    The Pack

That makes me not want to see any of those.

Enjoy your $500 prize for your crappy movie, Vince.

(By the way, this was an award from audience voting.)

Anonymous says:

I agree; Hoboken just flushed its rep down the toilet.  I am sickened to read this.

The man murders any chance for video game franchises to be translated to the screen with any semblance of quality, at all.  People like him and Paul Anderson shouldn’t be allowed to touch another game script, ever.

I pray for the Castlevania movie that Anderson is writing and which is being directed by the illustrious Sylvain White, the no-talent jackhole who brought us Stomp the Yard.  This whole thing is like some new creative way to take a dump on the game industry.

jadedcritic says:

(snort) Well, I can’t speak for the rest of the world; but as far as I’m concerned Hoboken just lost any and all credibility it might have had. The only thing Uwe needs is a new line of work, calling the film’s release (on how many screens?) "success" borders on delusional; although I haven’t played the games, so I’ll reserve judgement on that much.  Seems more likely to me that calling the film a success despite the public will crushing it into, how many theaters? That disregards the public will, doesn’t confirm it. Equating a cheap award from a indie-film festival to "freedom over tyranny"…defies logic.

Kris O. says:

I was excited to see the words "A Dungeon Siege Tale" at Blockbuster. "Ooh, based on a video game. Sweet!" After watching it, I carved out my corneas with a plastic fork.

As soon as I saw Burt Reynolds as the king, I vomitted a little. From that point on, I knew there was no hope. I’ve seen four of Uwe’s movies, and I haven’t like a single one of them. After "In The Name Of The King", I’ve boycotted his flicks. I don’t want to watch him castrate any more video games.

Dustin1986 says:

I watched his last movie, Dungeon Siege, and I have to tell you that it was shockingly bad. Even when you look past the bizarre dialogue, or the final showdown with Ray Liota. It still fails at the most basic things.  He doesn’t understand things like editing and continuity. He really is as bad as people say.

Brokenscope says:

With all the ‘success’ they have been having, maybe this time round they can put some decent game play in with all that controversy.

Nekowolf ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Uwe Boll, best at…anything? How many did he have to suck off to get even the nomination? I’m with jadedcritic on this one.

And he (Boll) is a delusional asshole.

Anonymous says:

Oddly enough, Postal is the kind of Movie that Boll would be good at making.

Congrats to Vince for his award, I’m not a fan of the Postal series at all, but credit where credit is due.