GamePolitics Adds Shoutbox Feature

June 26, 2008 -

As of yesterday afternoon, GamePolitics has added Shoutbox to the site.

The Shoutbox module, which resides in the right sidebar, allows registered users to post short messages. It sort of reminds me of an in-house Twitter.

We're still tweaking the implementation, so feel free to post any suggestions as shouts.

Comments

Re: GamePolitics Adds Shoutbox Feature

YAY!!! Now we can all chat!

I AM A LOST SOUL, CONDEMNED TO HAUNT THE DREAMS OF JOHN BRUCE "JACK" THOMPSON UNTIL HIS CRUSADE AGAINST VIDEO GAMES ENDS. SOMEONE, PLEASE! END MY SUFFERING!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM DOOMED TO HAUNT JACK THOMPSON'S DREAMS UNTIL HIS CRUSADE AGAINST VIDEO GAMES ENDS.

Re: GamePolitics Adds Shoutbox Feature

Ooo even has edit/delet features, how nice!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH; that is all =^^=

==============

PS:we need a beter tracker here the gamespot only stuff hints of propaganda ><

also this palce is incompatible with broswer spell checkers..... also would be nice if you can tyrack your psots and there replies in a simpler fashion than with the browsers search feature...

I is fuzzy brained mew =^^=
(in need of a bad overhaul)

I is fuzzy brained mew =^^=
(in need of a bad overhaul)

Re: GamePolitics Adds Shoutbox Feature

What's the point of this feature?  Seems like a dumbed down Twitter (which, BTW is really dumb to begin with).  A lot of crap with no substance - incoming!  Sort of like a verbal movie theatre popcorn with 64 oz big gulp.  You're really full after, but your body till is hungry for nutrition.

~~All Knowledge is Worth Having~~

~~All Knowledge is Worth Having~~

Re: GamePolitics Adds Shoutbox Feature

wow someone commented rather than going straight to the shoutbox

STOP YELLING AT ME!!

-If shit and bricks were candy and tits, we'd all be livin' large. For information on games and psychology, look up: Jonathan Freedman(2002)Block and Crain(2007)Grand Theft Childhood, a book by Harvard Medical School researchers Larry Kutner and Cheryl
Reality/////////////////////////////////////Fantasy. Seems like a pretty thick line to me...

Poll

Poll: Is it censorship when a private retailer decides not to sell a particular video game?:

IvresseTotalbiscuit just posted a wtf is... vid of Hatred. Pretty much expected: a mediocre shooter at best that will probaby bore gamers rather than turn them into mass-murdering psychos http://bit.ly/1KCwNE205/29/2015 - 10:15am
Wonderkarpor hell, even take the general concept and try to replicate it with new hallways and floors and make a full game out of it. I'd pay just to keep the original spooky hallway alone05/29/2015 - 9:35am
WonderkarpIf they were smart, they would just change the ending "Silent Hills" Teaser and keep the game out on PS4 as a Peace Offering. It stands on its own.05/29/2015 - 9:34am
MechaCrashNo mention of shoving PT into the memory hole, I see.05/29/2015 - 8:38am
WonderkarpSorry for caps. copy pasted the title05/29/2015 - 8:36am
Wonderkarphttp://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/29/silent-hills-publisher-konami-issues-apology-explains-mobile-first-future KONAMI ISSUES APOLOGY, EXPLAINS ‘MOBILE FIRST’ FUTURE05/29/2015 - 8:36am
PHX Corphttp://www.gamespot.com/articles/need-for-speed-will-require-an-online-connection/1100-6427672/ Need For Speed Will Require An Online Connection05/29/2015 - 7:54am
Wonderkarpjust be happy and encourage it.05/29/2015 - 7:37am
DocMelonheadSorry about that, but I'm surprise at what IP participate in this discussion.05/29/2015 - 7:25am
E. Zachary KnightIron, I did not Google Search because I figured the ESRB would publish such infor on their site, which is where I looked. http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_process.jsp05/29/2015 - 7:22am
WonderkarpDocMelonHead, don't look a gift horse in the mouth05/29/2015 - 7:21am
E. Zachary KnightDoc, Uncalled for. Please keep things civil.05/29/2015 - 7:21am
MattsworknameThey were discussing the appeals process for Esrb ratings Doc.05/29/2015 - 7:21am
DocMelonheadDid IP post something that isn't related to White Supremecy?05/29/2015 - 7:13am
IronPatriotBut hey, you're welcome.05/29/2015 - 5:23am
Andrew EisenEZK did say he didn't find any info on the appeals process. And if all he did was look at the ratings process part of the ESRB's website, he wouldn't have. That's where I would have looked too. But hey, thanks for being thorough and finding the info.05/29/2015 - 5:01am
Andrew EisenDude, again. I am NOT saying there is no appeals process. THERE OBVIOUSLY IS. All I am saying is that the appeals process is not described in the ratings process part of the ESRB's website.05/29/2015 - 4:59am
IronPatriotI googled appeal esrb.org and it is the first and third hits. Second is esrb talking about appeals for web publishers. Gamefaqs is fourth.05/29/2015 - 4:01am
IronPatriotZachary said he did not find any information about a formal appeals process. I did a simple search and found two places on the esrb site with the info. Just sayin.05/29/2015 - 3:57am
IronPatriotOn Google I get "1 Written Testimony of Patricia E. Vance President ... - ESRB" http://www.esrb.org/about/news/downloads/pvtestimony_6_14_06.pdf05/29/2015 - 3:55am