Parents Television Council Issues Warning on Torture Game

Last week GamePolitics reported on the controversy surrounding The Torture Game 2, an amateur online offering in which players inflict injury upon a defenseless human-like figure.

One News Now reports that media watchdog group the Parents Television Council has issued an alert to parents about the game. The site quotes PTC exec Gavin McKiernan:

The Internet can be a great resource for kids…  [But] parents need to be aware that there’s [sic] so many negative things they can be doing – from chat rooms, where they expose themselves to sexual predators, to violent and depraved games and so-called entertainment like this.

…any kid who’s sitting around playing the Torture Game or whose parents are allowing him to play Grand Theft Auto at home, is opening themselves up to a lot of potential negative repercussions that they may not realize for years.

j0k3r says:

Thanks good job;

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing travesti or little and need to start saving costs. and dizi izle

Now I don’t have to get off my ass for the important shit anymore!

Whats next, ordering pizza from Xbox live?

Wait… I think that sounds like a good idea.

But I think voting should MAKE you get off your ass, and see outside or a second while you go vote. I mean, your picking the president of the United States of America for God’s Sake… least you can do is drive down there and punch out a card.

oto kirlama says:

I’m all for freedom of ttnet vitamin speech and allowing rent a car game makers to put whatever they want in games, but there’s one thing about this app that has me scratching my head.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but from araç kiralama the previous article araba kiralama on this I gathered that players can use Google maps in-game to find the other (real-life?) dealers in their area.  If this is the case, has travesti anyone considered what’s stopping someone from using this app to actually move drugs between hands for reals?

But majority araba kiralama of their outrage araç kiralama stems from what it could DO TO children, not the content itself.  Talk to one of these people and you’ll find they don’t think any books kiralık araba should be banned from children.  Mention American Psycho and they talk about kiralık araç the redeeming value of using imagination to construct a story.  Reading, no matter what the content, is largely viewed as a consequenceless activity for people of any age.  The reason why I mention American Psycho is because of the content itself.  Gaming never has and likely never will have any scenes where someone has sex with a severed head.  Not gonna happen.  Yet despite this, they’ll fight tooth and nail to protect their children from two boys kissing in Bully but whatever they read is harmless… yeah.

The entire arguement is kiralık oto based upon a social normality inflicted by luddites who can’t figure out the controls for Halo so it’s frightening and terrifying and obviously the cause of youth violence on the rise even though, in reality, it’s in decline (which is actually a HUGE suprise given minibüs kiralama the economies status).  In  a perfect world, we would have parents that actually parent.  The idea of sales restrictions on media on oto kiralama any form to accomidate parental unwillingness to get involved with their child’s life is the real problem to me.  Here I am, 32 years old, and being held up at a self-scan rent a car needing to show ID before I can buy a $10 M rated game all because Soccer Momthra can’t be bothered to look at the crap Billy Genericallystupidson does in his free time.  It’s too hard for her, so I have to suffer?

metroidprimegmr says:

In the future, everything will require a minimum intelligence/maturity level for participation…

Guy: Hai gaiz, can I j01nz t3h c0nv3rs4tion???

Group: What’s your IQ?

Guy: LOLWUT

Group: BANNED!!!

metroidprimegmr says:

Wait… there was a Torture Game 1? And the news channels NEVER REPORTED ON IT???

In all seriousness, though, odds are that the creator made the game with the full knowledge that FAUX NEWS (amirite, gaiz???) wouldn’t think twice before pouncing on it. Regardless of the creator’s intent, he’s probably having M4551VE LULZ right about now.

Old media is SO gullible…

Belgarion89 says:

Hmm, they didn’t mention the fact that the game gets boring within 15 minutes for most people.

So speak I, some random guy.

nightwng2000 says:

Tried to register but the system wouldn’t let me.  I guess they don’t really want any opposing viewpoints on the misinformation provided by the article and the PTC.  :)

After all, it was Gavin that I had the email conversation with about the PTC not condemning the lies and deceit of the FOX News story about Mass Effect.  Even after having been informed that FOX News, in effect, lied to every Parent in the country regarding the content of the game, the PTC had no comment regarding such.

Yet, here, they have a publically released warning about a FREE internet game.  A game which one might compare to someone writing a short story, poem, song, or other item and sharing it, for free, with friends, family, and any stranger who wanted to take a look.  I wonder how many parks, city busses, neighborhoods, or other Public places the PTC are patrolling to make certain no one shares anything "inappropriate" with others, children or otherwise?

Gavin indicated, regarding the FOX News story that they don’t track cable news.  Apparently, they track sites that offer FREE games.  And how different in access is a Public News station from an Internet site?

Perhaps one should wonder if the so-called "morally superior" of the PTC believe that lies, deceit, and misinformation are "moral" tools to be used by them.  Certainly from their actions, it appears to be the case.

NW2K Software

Nightwng2000 has also updated his MySpace page: Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as

1:Obviously there’s dangerous stuff on the internet. This has been pointed out by "To Catch a Predator", and every news source ever. Duh. Anyone who isn’t already aware of this needs to leave the house or buy a TV.

2:Why do you still assume only boys play games? Plenty of girls play GTA and plenty of girls will play this game. It’s called sexism (stop doing it!). All of the other things you have said fall in line with the usual sensationalist bullshit which has already been adressed, so no need for that.

Stop with the bullshit please. Our children are counting on you. Bleh.

-If shit and bricks were candy and tits, we’d all be livin’ large. For information on games and psychology, look up: Jonathan Freedman(2002)Block & Crain(2007)Grand Theft Childhood, by Harvard Medical School researchers Larry Kutner and Cheryl Olson

nightwng2000 says:

Come to think of it, I don’t see the PTC slamming the Conneticut senator for lying to and deceiving Parents about the fake rape scene in GTA.

Once again, one has to wonder about the "morals" of those running the PTC and whether those "morals" are coming from a God or a Demon pretending to be a God.

NW2K Software

KayleL says:

I would of never known Super Columbine Massacre, V-Tech rampage, or Torture game 2 if it wasn’t for the news. Great job, now more kids then every before play it.

You know, if I had a kid (thankfully I don’t and don’t plan on having one… Ever) I’d much rather have them play this stupid game or GTAIV than use Myspace or a Yahoo Chatroom or Stickam or really any chatroom related site.

*Shudders at remembering when he use to use Yahoo Chat.*

Just thinking about it makes me want to take another shower and scrub myself with steel wool.

Buckeye531 says:

They have no morals. After all, this is the same group that threatened to blacklist the presidential candidates if the accepted donations from the video game industry.

Ben ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I have never played this game, nor do I have any desire to.

Is it really that gross and disguisting, or just bland and boring?

Beery says:

Actually, when the article refers to ‘him’ it does not mean that the author is talking about boys.  In English a person is referred to as ‘him’ whenever the sex of the person is unknown or not defined.  The article’s author is talking about a ‘kid’ and the kid’s gender is unspecified, therefore the use of ‘him’ is correct and not at all sexist because ‘him’ refers to both boys andd girls.

Chadachada ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I use Myspace everyday and I’ve yet to find anything worse than I find anywhere else.

I guess I’m a little confused about what you mean about Myspace

Demontestament says:

I love how they once again try and tie a GTA relation into their story.

"The Internet can be a great resource for kids…"

I started to laugh when I read this. The internet is not in any way shape or form a place where a child should be left to wander.

"… so many negative things they can be doing – from chat rooms, where they expose themselves to sexual predators …"

Wait….chatrooms still exist? I am surprised they didn’t they didn’t try and tie myspace into this story somehow.

Xlorep DarkHelm says:

MySpace is a popular location for teens, and therefore a popular target for predators. Further, there has been so many attacks and explots done on myspace that result in people inadvertantly getting malware on their computer, or having their passwords stolen…. it just ends up being a bit worse than… GTAIV, on many fronts.

"I’m not responcabel fer my comuter’s spleling errnors." — Xlorep DarkHelm

Xlorep DarkHelm says:

True enough, there’s less of a threat than pushed in the media, but honestly, I’m of the belief that it only takes one predator to ruin your child’s life.

"I’m not responcabel fer my comuter’s spleling errnors." — Xlorep DarkHelm

GryphonOsiris says:

Because it’s ok to torture and mutilate people in the name of Christianity for centuries, but not ok if it’s a virtual dummy… [/sarcasm]

Yeah, anyone see the irony in this?

D'sparil ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I couldn’t agree more. More likely than not hardly anyone if at all that isn’t a part of this hate group take them seriously.

Repudiator says:

I’ve only seen this flash game once, and gave it a 30 second play-through before I decided to go back to a real game, Team Fortress 2.

Honestly, what gets me so angry here is the shameless GTA IV plug and how they make it sound as if though this is some kind of mainstream game that everyone knows about and is highly played. It’s a little fucking flash game made by some random guy for shits ‘n’ gigglez.

And another thing, the internet is not a children’s playground, if you believe your child cannot handle certain things, then you better be damn sure to watch what they’re doing on the internet. I’ve seen many, many things on the internet. I have seen some horrible things, but ya know what…I’ve still grown up to be a fine man…

And kudos to you, PTC. I know others have made this clear, but you’ve done a fine job in advertising this game.

— Ignorance is bliss, I guess…

Anonymous ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Someday, they will attempt to seperate the internet into "childrens internet" and "Adults internet".

Childrens internet will naturally be nothing but "approved sites" and "Approved content"

Naturally it will only be host to pedos.

Anonymous says:

I seem to have keyboard Dyslexia…

Just wanted to add, this is going to be yet another one of those games made famous by the very people trying to censor it, isn’t it?

Anonymous says:

Agreed, I’ll give them that, but I am always wary of someone who not only wants to save my children, but then has to exaplin what they are saving them from..

Always makes me curious just how badly they needed saving in the first place.

Xlorep DarkHelm says:

I’m sure they will correct that oversight soon. They did like to tie GTA4 with the Torture Game though…

"I’m not responcabel fer my comuter’s spleling errnors." — Xlorep DarkHelm

E. Zachary Knight says:

There are vile and disgusting and nasty things on the internet, let me show them to you.

Yes that is the way the PTC works. If you want to know where to find all the nudity and excesssive violence in modern media, just subscribe to the PTC’s mailing list. That is about all anyone can find useful about it.

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page:
    Facebook Page:

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

Shoehorn O'Plenty ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Visit the OneNewsNow site and look at what kind of people read it and you will understand why they make such a big deal out of it.

A large number of stories on the site are about homosexual rights, and every single story is followed by comments about how it’s so terrible and the world is becoming a worse place that the gays are getting rights.

Basically it’s fundamental Christians who are scared of and have nothing but hate for a world that does not conform to their picture of how it should be. Some of the comments are absolutely horrific:

In an article about how homophobic hate crimes were being emphasised:"

• They also forgot to include pedophiliaphobia, rapistphobia and beastialityphobia to go along with their other phobias. After all, every pervert should be treated the same."
      • "Phobia means an irrational fear… I, for one, am not "afraid of" Homosexuals. These people need to learn that disgust does not mean fear."

In the Torture flash game article:

"Parents please Beware. My son was becoming very violent. For awhile I coped not understanding what was happening, praying about it and being frustrated most of the time at his behavior and anger issues."

Apparently she didn’t try talking to her son…

It’s a horrible site, apparently populated and frequented by hate-filled, abhorrent indiviuals. No-one should care about what they say. The only ones who will read this trash are fundamentalist luddites on whom it’s too late to try anything as crazy as reason, or the promotion of parental responsibility.

nightwng2000 says:

I do think it’s funny that when you try to register, they ask for your Latitude and Longitude.

What are they going to do if they oppose what you say?  Launch a nuclear missile at your house?

NW2K Software

KayleL says:

I am looking at the same article as you, and these people are horrible, short sighted, and worse then people like Jack Thompson.

let me add some more comments on the same article

• "Ok. Believers know what’s REALLY going on here. We don’t have phobias because that means FEAR and fear is not of God. That being said, how are we going to combat this sick and evil presence that is destroying our country!? People are being told they have to employ these disordered individuals! A friend of mine in California, said a transvestite works in her real estate office, is destroying the business because clients are appalled, but they can’t fire him or ask him not to dress that way! THIS IS INSANE!!"
    • "What they are saying is tolerate and accept sin because it is OK. It is NOT OK, it is an abomination to a Holy God. We must, as Christians, stand up and call it what it is SIN and the only cure is repentance, nothing else will work. You need to get right with God. Hate crimes bills are a joke, people do not commit crimes against people because they love them. When you have a society that puts me first what can you expect, you are reaping what you have sewn. I say NO to any hate crimes bill. The laws on the books are more than satisfactory if they would be implemented."

Who said video games are damaging when the bible is creating people like these. Also, people are saying that homosexuality is a sin, but no one gave me a passage directly saying that it is. Would someone provide it to me?

E. Zachary Knight says:

Regardless of what the PTC says, it will still fall under the radar of 99% of the population. Maybe more. I know that no more than 1% of the population pays any attention to the PTC.

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page:
    Facebook Page:

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

Thomas Riordan ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Really, there’s nasty stuff on the internet?  Thanks for the warning.

Keep doing a great job giving free advertising to things that’ll slip below the radar of 99% of the population PTC. I know I’m having a great time torturing my dummy, J… Mack.

Chadachada ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Im no Christian, but i do remember that there is a passage that says something like "man shall not lay onto man, for it is abomination" and then said the same for women. So…it is actually a sin to christians.

Kincyr says:

oh. I do know that these same beliefs regard the eagle, a symbol of America, and the bat as birds which are abominations.

岩「…Ace beats Jack」

E. Zachary Knight says:

Actually, the Mosaic Law was only the law regulating sacrifices and other ceremonies. Those other laws were prt of their religious beliefs but not explicitely part of the Mosaic Law. That is why it is still a valid sin to Christians.

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page:
    Facebook Page:

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

Mirrikat says:

There is a passage in Genesis regarding Lot who was tricked though alcohol into sleeping with his daughters to preserve the family line. God did not look down on this because Lot wasn’t in a mental state that allowed for him to be aware of his or his daughter’s actions. This implies that sexual transgressions are permissible if the person is in a incompetent mental state.

Now Christians claim that gays are mentally ill. If this is true then they cannot be held accountable for their actions. They do not inherently believe they are doing anything wrong so are incompetent of their supposedly sinful actions. Gay children usually struggle with this usually only because society tells them it is wrong, and they have conflicting feelings.

So now I have completely disproved the Christians arguments against gays. Go to hell for your hate filled hearts, you bastards!

Please note: I do not personally think gay people are mentally ill. I just hate people who use a God that teaches love of your neighbor in a way to spread hate and racism.

DarkTetsuya says:

NO UR doing it wrong … I figured that, I just meant I’m surprised that those retards at the PTC didn’t suggest this was something that could be obtained at a gamestore (or ordered online)