E3 WILL Have Plenty of PC Games Says Scribe

Yesterday GamePolitics linked Dean Takahashi’s VentureBeat piece predicting that PC games would be noticably sparse at next week’s E3 in Los Angeles.

Writing for Big Download, John Callaham begs to differ:

The Games for Windows Event this week had… Civilization IV: Colonization, Call of Duty: World at War, Bionic Commando, Ghostbusters and Space Siege… E3 2008 will have those same five games plus a ton more titles. A number of publishers are scheduled to show a lot of PC only games at the show such as Electronic Arts (Crysis Warhead, Spore, Warhammer Online), THQ (Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II) Codemasters (Jumpgate Evolution) Sega (Empire: Total War) and Deep Silver (STALKER Clear Sky).

UK based Jagex is scheduled to show off for the first time their next generation version of their hugely popular free MMO Runescape at the show. Russian based publisher Akella will only be showing PC games at the event. As far as hardware, Big Download confirmed this week that Toshiba will be showing off a new high powered gaming laptop PC which will be officially launched at the show…

oto kirlama says:

I’m all for freedom of ttnet vitamin speech and allowing rent a car game makers to put whatever they want in games, but there’s one thing about this app that has me scratching my head.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but from araç kiralama the previous article araba kiralama on this I gathered that players can use Google maps in-game to find the other (real-life?) dealers in their area.  If this is the case, has travesti anyone considered what’s stopping someone from using this app to actually move drugs between hands for reals?

But majority araba kiralama of their outrage araç kiralama stems from what it could DO TO children, not the content itself.  Talk to one of these people and you’ll find they don’t think any books kiralık araba should be banned from children.  Mention American Psycho and they talk about kiralık araç the redeeming value of using imagination to construct a story.  Reading, no matter what the content, is largely viewed as a consequenceless activity for people of any age.  The reason why I mention American Psycho is because of the content itself.  Gaming never has and likely never will have any scenes where someone has sex with a severed head.  Not gonna happen.  Yet despite this, they’ll fight tooth and nail to protect their children from two boys kissing in Bully but whatever they read is harmless… yeah.

The entire arguement is kiralık oto based upon a social normality inflicted by luddites who can’t figure out the controls for Halo so it’s frightening and terrifying and obviously the cause of youth violence on the rise even though, in reality, it’s in decline (which is actually a HUGE suprise given minibüs kiralama the economies status).  In  a perfect world, we would have parents that actually parent.  The idea of sales restrictions on media on oto kiralama any form to accomidate parental unwillingness to get involved with their child’s life is the real problem to me.  Here I am, 32 years old, and being held up at a self-scan rent a car needing to show ID before I can buy a $10 M rated game all because Soccer Momthra can’t be bothered to look at the crap Billy Genericallystupidson does in his free time.  It’s too hard for her, so I have to suffer?

infect999 says:

they do have some worth in that you can take them anywhere, so if you travel a lot and want to play games at a hotel or something, they might be worth the $$. If you’re just going to sit at home and play all the time, I wouldn’t bother though.

E. Zachary Knight says:

Gaming Laptops are a joke. Very little upgradability. Very little cooling. And usually 2 to 3 times the cost of a comparable non-gaming laptop.

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/okceca
    Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325674091

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

Grendal says:

Warhammer online might be going to the 360 at least (I think ti was supposed to though I can’t recall at the moment). All of the other games are pc only though, but it is still a fairly limited selection of games.

Godkarmachine says:

I’m honestly not even excited about E3 anymore. It used to be, neat. I found myself waiting for its arrival like Christmas and then getting as much info from websites and magazines as I could. It was awesome.

Now it’s… basically like Easter as far as excitement goes. When we were kids it was fun to hunt down the eggs and get our photos with the Easter Bunny but when we got older, it all pretty much changed, the rabbit wasn’t real, and it was our parents hiding the eggs. The holiday comes and goes and you barely even notice.

That’s essentially E3, it’ll come, it’ll go, and I probably won’t know.

Edit: Also. You know you’re just grasping at straws when next-gen Runescape is a highlight of your show.

– The most frightening thing a person can ever hear: "I’m from the government, and I’m here to help"

infect999 says:

I guess Jagex hasn’t been spending all the insane amount of cash they’ve been reeling in from that game on hookers and crack.

TheGreg says:

Let’s see here…

Id? No

Blizzard? No

3d Relams (hahahahahaha)? No

I’m not seeing many big names in the PC gaming industry here. I remember the days when you could buy freakin DVDs of E3 at game stop. it was that BIG. Now it’s just a joke amongst consumers.

Producers showing their product to other producers doesn’t sell anything. they cut out the part that makes them money.

Anonymous says:

er, i dont know about the GFW ones, but stalker, crysis warhead, spore, DOW 2 and warhammer online are pc only, unless i am mistaken. But i would be surprised if a Call of duty game was PC only.

Blame the Game says:

Notice how most of those games listed have console counterparts?  Of course, then, it would be easier to show them as well as their console brothers.  I’m not impressed.

Belgarion89 says:

Company of Heroes really disappointed me.  It had great potential, it was one of the most well thought out RTS games in awhile, but they didn’t do anything with it.

So speak I, some random guy.

Belgarion89 says:

D3 is made by Activision-Blizzard, which earlier dropped out of the ESA and won’t be attending E3.

So speak I, some random guy.

Belgarion89 says:

Empire: Total War and STALKER are the only titles that interest me in the least.  The PC market has taken an unfortunate downturn the past few years.

So speak I, some random guy.