E3 Travel Weekend

July 12, 2008 -

I'll be flying out to Los Angeles tomorrow morning for E3, so posting will be somewhat light this weekend. I will, however, post my E3 schedule so readers can see what I'm up to at the show.

It's really impossible for a site like GP to provide the kind of wall-to-wall E3 coverage that the bigger sites can and that's not really our focus anyway.

What I will do is attempt to give readers some of the flavor of the show, especially this year's new, smaller format. E3 in L.A. has always been an extravanza. This year will be... different.

There are a few events that are right up GP's alley, like the Gov. Perry keynote and ESA boss Mike Gallagher's state-of-the-biz speech. Of course, I'll be all over those. I may also do a little live-blogging from some of the press conferences as well.

Hal Halpin and the ECA HQ crew are heading to the show as well. Should be fun!

I will also be using Twitter for some short bulletins at E3. If you want to catch these updates, set your Twitter account to follow GamePolitics

Posted in

Comments

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Keep us informed Dennis!

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

"fun stuff"

He's going to E3, not to have fun.

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Twitter? I haven't used that thing since last year. Anyhow, have a safe trip Dennis. The keynote should be interesting from all the hubbub surrounding the ESA's choice for it.

Be safe!

- Warren Lewis

Consumer responsibility is just as important as Corporate responsibility. So, be responsible consumers.

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Enjoy your visit to E3 Dennis, hope you get lots of fun stuff to share with us.

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am
ZenLet the ax fall Sleaker...lessons MUST be learned...08/20/2014 - 11:44am