E3 Travel Weekend

July 12, 2008 -

I'll be flying out to Los Angeles tomorrow morning for E3, so posting will be somewhat light this weekend. I will, however, post my E3 schedule so readers can see what I'm up to at the show.

It's really impossible for a site like GP to provide the kind of wall-to-wall E3 coverage that the bigger sites can and that's not really our focus anyway.

What I will do is attempt to give readers some of the flavor of the show, especially this year's new, smaller format. E3 in L.A. has always been an extravanza. This year will be... different.

There are a few events that are right up GP's alley, like the Gov. Perry keynote and ESA boss Mike Gallagher's state-of-the-biz speech. Of course, I'll be all over those. I may also do a little live-blogging from some of the press conferences as well.

Hal Halpin and the ECA HQ crew are heading to the show as well. Should be fun!

I will also be using Twitter for some short bulletins at E3. If you want to catch these updates, set your Twitter account to follow GamePolitics

Posted in

Comments

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Keep us informed Dennis!

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

"fun stuff"

He's going to E3, not to have fun.

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Twitter? I haven't used that thing since last year. Anyhow, have a safe trip Dennis. The keynote should be interesting from all the hubbub surrounding the ESA's choice for it.

Be safe!

- Warren Lewis

Consumer responsibility is just as important as Corporate responsibility. So, be responsible consumers.

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Enjoy your visit to E3 Dennis, hope you get lots of fun stuff to share with us.

Poll

What is #GamerGate about?:

quiknkoldI'm 7 years old, and my cousin(Also 7, maybe 8 at this time) tells me has Battletoads. its Summer Vacation. We play and play and play until finally, We won coop. Those were the days.09/23/2014 - 5:29pm
quiknkoldlets take a moment to share some gaming memories, shall we?09/23/2014 - 5:28pm
MechaTama31I buy stuff off the eshop because it gives me the convenience of a flashcart without the guilt.09/23/2014 - 5:03pm
Montewell thanks for the info Eisen; try that the next time i need something off the eshop09/23/2014 - 3:54pm
james_fudgere: MP, i've sent tech support a note - thank you :)09/23/2014 - 3:14pm
IanCNah that wasnt directed at you Andrew :)09/23/2014 - 3:00pm
Papa MidnightRe: SIEGE 2014 Keynote: oh dear...09/23/2014 - 2:44pm
MaskedPixelanteDear GP, something called "doubleverify" is causing some nasty browser issues on my end. Probably one of your ads.09/23/2014 - 2:36pm
Andrew EisenOh hell no. No, it took Nintendo a dog's age just to get to the point its competitors have been at for a while! (And it's still not there yet, in a lot of respects.)09/23/2014 - 2:26pm
IanCSame as PSN handles it, fi you are trying to say only nintendo do that.09/23/2014 - 2:23pm
Andrew EisenYou have to try to purchase something first. Pick a game, hit purchase and if your wallet doesn't have enough to cover it, you'll be given an option to "add exact funds" or something like that.09/23/2014 - 2:05pm
MonteI have seen no option for that on my 3DS; anytime i want to add funds it only gives me the option to add in denominations of $10, 20, 50 or 10009/23/2014 - 2:03pm
IanCWhat Andrew Wilson said. PSN is the same when you make a purchase over a certain price (£5 in the UK)09/23/2014 - 2:02pm
Andrew EisenNeither eShop charges sales tax either. At least in California.09/23/2014 - 2:00pm
Andrew EisenBoth Wii U and 3DS eShops allow you to add funds in the exact amount of whatever's in your shopping cart. If your game is $39.99, you can add exactly $39.99.09/23/2014 - 1:57pm
Infophile@Matthew Wilson: As I understand it, any regulations to force tax online would also set up an easy database for these stores to use, minimizing overhead.09/23/2014 - 1:30pm
MonteReally, the eshop just does next to nothing to make buying digitally advantagous for the customer. Its nice to have the game on my 3DS, but i can get more for less buying a physical copy at retail. And that's not even counting buying used09/23/2014 - 1:18pm
MonteIanC, The Eshop wallet system only lets you add funds in set denominations and the tax makes sure you no longer have round numbers so you ALWAYS loose money. A $39.99 game for instance requires you to add $50 instead of just $4009/23/2014 - 1:13pm
Matthew Wilsonbut thats just it those sites, even the small ones, sell all over the country.09/23/2014 - 11:12am
Neenekoeither that or it would follow the car model of today. big ticket items are taxed according to your residence, not where you buy them.09/23/2014 - 11:07am