Meet Take-Two's Top Lawyer

July 12, 2008 -

The National Law Journal offers a profile of Seth Krauss, executive VP and general counsel for Grand Theft Auto series publisher Take-Two Interactive.

Krauss, who came on board when the Strauss Zelnick team seized control of T2 in early 2007, lists his duties as:

Intellectual property (IP) concerns, First Amendment cases and securities law issues... When he joined the company, the legal department comprised exactly two in-house attorneys, neither of whom was well versed in IP law. The staff now numbers 15, including three full-time IP lawyers and several others who concentrate on licensing and development.

So, what is Krauss's take on T2's seemingly endless controversies?

In the kinetic world of interactive entertainment, the company's business leaders continually generate new challenges for the legal department. The company "creates content that I am very proud of," Krauss said.

Nonetheless, Take-Two has had to defend itself against those who consider this form of entertainment scary and dangerous. Krauss works with his counterparts at other game companies and other allies to meet criticism by politicians and critics "who try to politicize the video game industry."...

Broad questions about whether to regulate the industry are on the agendas of various legislative bodies, as well. Take-Two has engaged in lobbying in the past, and this responsibility falls under the scope of Krauss' duties.

Comments

Re: Meet Take-Two's Top Lawyer

Gallagher can araç kiralama say all he wants, but I strongly rent a car believe it's due to his crappy leadership and E3 being a joke. ESA's Board of Directors need to find a way to get out rent a car of this horrid contract with this Bush cronie before there's no one left on the Board.

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing ttnet vitamin or little and need to start saving costs.

Re: Meet Take-Two's Top Lawyer

This guy's an expert whilst JT is a fucking novice.

Re: Meet Take-Two's Top Lawyer

Tch, the difference between him and another certain "lawyer" are night and day.

Re: Meet Take-Two's Top Lawyer

Kudos to him, he must be good.

Re: Meet Take-Two's Top Lawyer

I certainly hope he's ready yo purchase a new fax machine, or at the least prepared for a flooded inbox and full answering machine.

Re: Meet Take-Two's Top Lawyer

Keep up the good work Seth Krauss. The road for Videogames to be free from legislation is a long and hard journey full of ups and downs. Just like a Japanese RPG. But in the end once when the creddits roll, it will all be worth it.

Re: Meet Take-Two's Top Lawyer

Hmmm....definitely interesting to note...but note quite sure what to make of this...maybe after a good bout of sleep and some coffee I'll actually have an opinon...damn insomnia

Poll