Meredith Vieira, Today Show Crew Play Rock Band …Badly

It’s a safe bet that Meredith Vieira wasn’t hired to replace Katie Couric based on her singing ability.

On this morning’s program, Vieira along with Today Show cohost Matt Lauer, weather guy Al Roker and correspondent Natalie Morales played Bon Jovi’s Living on a Prayer.

Living on a Prayer lost.

GP: Thanks to reader Adam Muller for the heads-up!

Gogus Estetigi says:

Türkiyenin en iyi Estetik Cerrahı Op.Dr.Fatih Dağdelen Burun estetiği  hakkında yanlış bilinenleri ve burun estetiği ameliyatları nasıl yapılıyor , göğüs estetiği operasyonları saç ekimi operasyonları
    popo estetiği ameliyatları karın germe estetiği ameliyatları liposuction operasyonları hakkında tüm bilmek istediklerinizi  yanıtlıyor.

düğün salonu klima servisi model maket web tasarım duvar kağıdı Tatil tatil

ankaranakliyat133 says:

very nice sites.good.

Basically, the way things are going. Will be ankara nakliyat nice too bee ankara evden eve nakliyat bu sekildeki yerle evden eve nakliyat yapmaları icin evden eve nakliyat sizlerde bu tip çalışma yapmak isterseniz ankara nakliyat başvurabilirsniz. Saç ekimi olması gereken lazer epilasyon ve bububn yanısıra merkezde burun estetiği olmak yanıbasında saç ekimi olması gereken sizlerde saç ekimi  saç ekimi merkezleri ankara evden eve yapmakla beraber.Tüp bebek merkezleri olmakla beraber …

very nice sites.good.very nice sites.good.

Anonymous says:

I thought it was awesome!!! The point was that video games can be fun and they looked like they was having a good time. I’m sure they werent airing this to show that the NBC staff is the greatest freaking rock band players. it was for a laugh and I laugh and enjoy every moment of it.

Mr. Bazooka says:

Too bad they didn’t play ‘More Than A Feeling’.  I’ve been told that Boston songs have the potential to cure cancer.  With millions of viewers, that could have been a heck of a lot of cancer cured.

Reignin’ Bacon FTW!!!

Jack Wessels says:

A respectable effort, they win half the internet as a prize.

I just wanna throw this in, Rock Band 2’s songlist sounds amazing.

-"A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject." -Sir Winston Churchill

Asmodai ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I couldn’t rag out on people for trying something new.  Gaming is about having fun no matter how well (or badly) you play.

A segment that doesn’t portray gamers as monster mass murderers just waiting to pop and highlights adult accessibility and good old(new?) fashioned fun?  We should be overjoyed rather than sneering down our noses like elitest wankers ; )

illegallyMindedJohn says:

You’re right, Meredith replaced Katie on NBC’s Today show a long time ago… and Katie went elsewhere.  I wish they had a little closer up shot (and story about) the figureens (sp?) you can make of your rockers… It looked like Harmonix made a quick set to look like Today Show’s cast (they were on the TV stand and camera quickly panned by), I kinda wanna see those things.

Booker says:

The new rockband has a ‘no-fail’ option built in.  Switch it on and no matter how bad you play you can still get through the whole song.

bpm195 says:

I like the way that of all the non gaming media outlets I’ve seen play Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Pump it Up or DDR, this was the first time it seemed like they played enough to get the hang of it before playing it live. Usually "Clank clank wail *female anchor screams* clank whizz bonk FAIL!" It’s almost as though they genuinely enjoyed it.

cppcrusader says:

The best thing about that video was what appeared to be examples of the figures you’ll be able to buy of your characters at the 2:48 mark.

Kojiro ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Bravo to the Today Show for not ragging on video games and actually picking one up and seeing what the fuss is about!  I’m so glad they didn’t go off on it like some tool musicians who say "this is rotting our children’s minds, why not play a real guitar?"

Dark Sovereign says:

I saw this this morning. Wondering if it would get here. It was really bad. The best part came when some kid was substituted for Matt Lauer. The kid just stood there playing the game, no bobbing or anything.

FlyinMX says:

katie courich works for CBS, this was MSNBC. That replacement already happened. If I’m wrong on this just tell me.

Also, I lol’d a lot at this, I was hoping they would wind up failing or something though…

King of Fiji ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Wow Meredith is going to replace Katie Courich?  Awsome.  She is a class act and I could care less how badly she plays Rock Band.  xD