PC Gamers Get Their Shot at GTA IV

Why should console gamers be the only ones with the opportunity to be corrupted by Grand Theft Auto IV?

According to a just-issued press release, PC gamers will get their own version of the hugely popular – and hugely controversial – game in November. The PC version of GTA IV will be released in North America on November 18th and in Europe on November 21st.

Rockstar Games founder Sam Houser is quoted in the press release:

We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV. The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can’t wait for people to play it.

oto kirlama says:

I’m all for freedom of ttnet vitamin speech and allowing rent a car game makers to put whatever they want in games, but there’s one thing about this app that has me scratching my head.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but from araç kiralama the previous article araba kiralama on this I gathered that players can use Google maps in-game to find the other (real-life?) dealers in their area.  If this is the case, has travesti anyone considered what’s stopping someone from using this app to actually move drugs between hands for reals?

But majority araba kiralama of their outrage araç kiralama stems from what it could DO TO children, not the content itself.  Talk to one of these people and you’ll find they don’t think any books kiralık araba should be banned from children.  Mention American Psycho and they talk about kiralık araç the redeeming value of using imagination to construct a story.  Reading, no matter what the content, is largely viewed as a consequenceless activity for people of any age.  The reason why I mention American Psycho is because of the content itself.  Gaming never has and likely never will have any scenes where someone has sex with a severed head.  Not gonna happen.  Yet despite this, they’ll fight tooth and nail to protect their children from two boys kissing in Bully but whatever they read is harmless… yeah.

The entire arguement is kiralık oto based upon a social normality inflicted by luddites who can’t figure out the controls for Halo so it’s frightening and terrifying and obviously the cause of youth violence on the rise even though, in reality, it’s in decline (which is actually a HUGE suprise given minibüs kiralama the economies status).  In  a perfect world, we would have parents that actually parent.  The idea of sales restrictions on media on oto kiralama any form to accomidate parental unwillingness to get involved with their child’s life is the real problem to me.  Here I am, 32 years old, and being held up at a self-scan rent a car needing to show ID before I can buy a $10 M rated game all because Soccer Momthra can’t be bothered to look at the crap Billy Genericallystupidson does in his free time.  It’s too hard for her, so I have to suffer?

th3flyboy ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Actually, whenever the PC games get ported over to consoles, it all goes to hell and the games from there on get dumbed down for the console audiance. For examples see UT3, Civilization Revolution, Oblivion, Call of Duty 4, and Bioshock (spiritual successor to system shock 2), and rainbow 6 everything after raven shield, along with all but the first ghost recon and it’s expansion packs. To be honest, I would rather have a good game on the PC than a crappy one made crappy because they ported it over to consoles.

Felgard says:

Cant say I’m surprised.
    Can anyone say any big hit games which aren’t ported to PC or other consoles?

I mean if I’m ruining a game company and i see a game bringing in lots why limit the profit to those who only got the device it was original made for?

black manta says:

Considering the unpopularity of Vista among consumers in general and gamers in particular, I doubt T2 would have it released for just that OS.  If you’ve noticed, the only Vista-only games that have been released were those published by Microsoft themselves (Halo 2, Shadowrun) as part of an effort to push Vista onto consumers.

Gift says:

I’ve PC gaming friend who will love this news, as a PC gamer myself I’ve never really got into GTA though. I guess that makes me strange and different 😉

Anonymous says:

Cool! I’m going to buy it!

I don’t want to play it, but I just want to piss off censors. At least Rockstar don’t pretend they are on some kind of moral high-horse and know better than we do what is ‘good’ for us.

Father Time says:

Sweet now someone can mod the game and add in chainsaws, flamethrowers, mini-guns and decent cheats. In otherr words all the things I missed from GTA IV.

dedre says:

yay! soon enough I won’t have to rely on bombarding my roommates bedroom (the only xobox 360 in the house) to enjoy murdering prostitutes, drug lords, and all othe other vile and sick personas in the game /sarcasm  I can do it all in the luxury of my own damn bedroom!

Tom says:

Wait, it’s coming out in late November?  Damn it, now I can’t play because I’m joining the army after playing the America’s Army game.  I wish I had some deity to pray to about this, but playing Mario as a kid turned me into a damned dirty atheist!

Anonymous says:

If they have stable online in this version, i might just buy it, i still cant get a decent connection to save my life with the XB360 version >.>

Zen says:

You do have to admit that this seems like an odd time to make an announcement like this while the whole overseas events are still in flux.  But, I am still looking forward to a good PC version of the game to play online with some friends.

black manta says:

I knew it!

Jack Thompson will have an anyeurism in 3…2…1…

Even though I bought an Xbox 360 (mostly to play other games I couldn’t on PC, like Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold, Ninja Gaiden II, Brutal Legend, MK Vs. DC, etc) I held off on getting GTA IV because, while it hadn’t been confirmed at the time by R*, I just knew there would inevitably be a PC version.  GTA started on PC anyway, so R* knows which side their bread is buttered on.  And if you look back at previous GTA titles, the PC versions end up being superior to their console counterparts anyway.  Besides, I already have Vice City and San Andreas for PC.  Why break with tradition?

I just hope though that there won’t be any nasty surprises in this version that’ll give critics more ammunition.  Remember, it wasn’t until the PC version of San Andreas came out that Hot Coffee was discovered.

Tom says:

Why is Rockstar trying to turn all of us PC gamers into mindless killers?  Damn you Rockstar!  I thought that my fragile psyche was going to be spared your Manchurian Candidate methods because I was safely ensconced in my PC-centric cacoon!  Daaaaaammmmnnn Yoooouuuuu!