At DNC, Game Designer is Among the Hillary Clinton Die-hards

A San Francisco-based game designer is among a subset of Hillary Clinton supporters who can’t seem to get their minds around the notion that Barack Obama is the presidential choice of the Democratic Party.

As reported by Newsday, Toni Alves was among several hundred Hillary backers who marched through the streets of Denver on Monday shouting, "Honest Roll Call!" and "Yes We Can!"

Alves, whose design credits include Heroes of Might & Magic V , told Newsday that she has voted as a Democrat for 40 years and traveled to Denver on behalf of her local chapter of Party Unity My Ass (PUMA). She claims that she will vote for Republican John McCain should Obama secure the nomination.

oto kirlama says:

I’m all for freedom of ttnet vitamin speech and allowing rent a car game makers to put whatever they want in games, but there’s one thing about this app that has me scratching my head.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but from araç kiralama the previous article araba kiralama on this I gathered that players can use Google maps in-game to find the other (real-life?) dealers in their area.  If this is the case, has travesti anyone considered what’s stopping someone from using this app to actually move drugs between hands for reals?

But majority araba kiralama of their outrage araç kiralama stems from what it could DO TO children, not the content itself.  Talk to one of these people and you’ll find they don’t think any books kiralık araba should be banned from children.  Mention American Psycho and they talk about kiralık araç the redeeming value of using imagination to construct a story.  Reading, no matter what the content, is largely viewed as a consequenceless activity for people of any age.  The reason why I mention American Psycho is because of the content itself.  Gaming never has and likely never will have any scenes where someone has sex with a severed head.  Not gonna happen.  Yet despite this, they’ll fight tooth and nail to protect their children from two boys kissing in Bully but whatever they read is harmless… yeah.

The entire arguement is kiralık oto based upon a social normality inflicted by luddites who can’t figure out the controls for Halo so it’s frightening and terrifying and obviously the cause of youth violence on the rise even though, in reality, it’s in decline (which is actually a HUGE suprise given minibüs kiralama the economies status).  In  a perfect world, we would have parents that actually parent.  The idea of sales restrictions on media on oto kiralama any form to accomidate parental unwillingness to get involved with their child’s life is the real problem to me.  Here I am, 32 years old, and being held up at a self-scan rent a car needing to show ID before I can buy a $10 M rated game all because Soccer Momthra can’t be bothered to look at the crap Billy Genericallystupidson does in his free time.  It’s too hard for her, so I have to suffer?

Anonymous ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Both Obama and Clinton suck. They support socialist policies that will ruin the economy, not to mention that Hillary says that I need to be with my parents when I buy an M rated game but I can have an abortion without my parents even knowing about it. How crazy can it get?

Anonymous says:

Oh for fucks sake…

Yes, obama got more attention from the press, but So much of it was utterly shit (and still is). There was the stuff about him being a muslim, wearing traditional african garb, his insane pastors commentary… how anyone can say that the media was totally probama is beyond me.

Hell, this same media had all but crowned hillary the queen of the democrats back in december.

This same "liberal media" has gone bananas questioning him at every turn and pointedly ignoring mcains multitude of flaws.

Anonymous says:

The president cannot – and did not – take the country to war by himself. Congress makes that decision, and both parties voted in favor of war.

I am tired of people using Bush as a scapegoat for a bipartisan decision to take the country to war.  Worst are the Congresspersons that voted for war, then pretend to take the moral high ground against that decision. It’s hypocrisy at its finest, but I suppose that’s politics as usual.

LAG (Law Abiding Gamer) ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

"Cutting off your nose to spite your face," is the idiom that comes to mind.  Seems like these people’s judgement is being hampered by their anger, and they’re not really considering the consequences of their actions or how it will affect others.  That is, of course, assuming that they give a rat’s ass about what happens to others, which I’m not entirely convinced of.

If they’d take 5 minutes and look at this from a neutral perspective (yes, the root of "neutral" is "neuter", and I used it on purpose), they’d see that what they hope to gain by conducting their "protest" will be far, far less than what they will gain by ensuring that McCain doesn’t get one foot inside the White House.  They may also see that the results of a McCain White House will likely cause a backlash against them, destroying what little credibility the group currently has.

I’m not holding my breath though.  I’m betting that they’re only willing to see the world through their own particular pair of tinted glasses (you pick the color), and to see anything that might contradict their extreme, unfocused, and destructive worldview will be filtered out.

Anonymous says:

Only in the sense that both Clinton and Obama are marxists, and that’s not an insult or a slur. At least it’s not intended as one. Many of the policies they propose are at their core marxism – it’s really not something you can dispute.

Anonymous says:

The earth goes through cyclical changes, and right now it *is* warming a bit. The question isn’t whether or not global warming exists, but whether humans make any significant contribution toward it – and despite what certain interest groups would have you believe, there is very little independant evidence supporting this.

I consider history the greatest teacher in this matter.  The mid 1800s (the Little Ice Age) brought an unprecedented amount of hysteria as people were convinced (through no small part by yellow journalism) that the world was heading into another Ice Age. Fast forward to the 1890s – and archived newspapers show giant, bold headlines proclaiming the danger of global warming – apparently within decades the earth was going to be a vast wasteland. Then the temperatures cooled off a bit until the 1930s-1940s, which brought some of the hottest temperatures on record (even today). Again, the temperatures cooled off – and in the 1970s the hysteria was, once again, the global drop in temperatures, and that we were heading toward another ice age.

Now it’s global warming. Again. And once again, there is no reliable evidence or science that suggests we are a significant contributing factor. Core studies show that carbon dioxide levels raise *after* the temperatures do, not before, which puts something of a hole in the carbon emissions theories.

The saying goes "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." How many times are we going to allow ourselves to be manipulated and misled? I will wait for verifiable, undisputable scientific evidence before I pass judgement.

On a final note, please remember that just because a person does not agree with you that humans are a contributing factor to global warming, does not mean that they "don’t care about the planet". (I realize you didn’t say or imply this, but I’ve seen it enough that I wanted to point it out.) Air pollution and atmospheric contaminants are a serious issue that need to be addressed *now* rather than later, but this is a separate issue entirely. Those that suggest otherwise are not doing themselves – or their cause – any favors.

Jonesy ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I can understand her position. Hillary was bashed by the media throughout the primaries; the liberal media was very pro-Obama. And the Obama campaign played the race card against the Clinton campaign. So I can see why she ("PUMA’s") would be angry. They dont think Hillary got a fair shot. I think theyre right. But I wouldnt go so far as to vote for the republican. Id suggest voting for Bob Barr. Then you dont have to vote for Obama, but can still vote against the Republican party/nominee.

Race baiting really should not be rewarded. And that is what the Obama campaign did; thats what voting for Obama would be doing. But Ill still probably vote for Obama.

DavCube ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Things like PUMA and whatnot are reasons why i REALLY, REALLY hate politics. These guys are comparable to teens that worship the newest version of Britney Spears. It’s that, but for adults. I don’t know what’s more pathetic.

I mean, it’s a bit more justified in the fact that they’re supporting somebody who’s going to end up ruling the country, but, for crying out loud, they’re ADULTS! Your candidate LOST. Get the hell OVER it.

Anonymous says:

I like Obama, but anyone who thinks he wouldn’t have voted for the war is fooling themselves.  The only reason he didn’t vote for it is because he wasn’t in the senate when that vote went through.  Obama has voted for all of the president’s war funding requests since coming to the Senate,

Anonymous says:

she has voted as a Democrat for 40 years…She claims that she will vote for Republican John McCain should Obama "secure the nomination."

Then she’s a fucking idiot.

Geryon says:

1.  Blaming someone because of their supporters is stupid.  I guess I should hate Christianity then because of all the jackass Christians I’ve met.

2.  I would have picked Obama over Clinton myself but will fully admit that some people were running very sexist attacks but they were from both sides of the fence, not just Obama supporters.

3.  Maybe it wasn’t as much but come on, people ragging on Obama because of his last and middle name.  She was not the only one with offensive negative campaigning against them.

4.  He didn’t just try to take votes from other candidates already established sectors.  He targeted people that are usually forgotten in political campaigns, most notably youth.

5.  He is just more charismatic.  Clinton is smart, even if she has done several things that piss me off, but when it comes to personality of presence, which frankly since the advent of television has been a major factor, look at the debate between Nixon and JFK, Obama wins.

Anonymous ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Bush is clearly the person who decided to go after Saddam when there were ABSOLUTELY no links between 9/11 and him.  He just wanted to take him out, and he did from the start.  He was just looking for the excuse, and the excuse came.  I am fine with the war, as long as Bin Laden would be DEAD.  We have not even looked for Bin Laden, that red head guy that are fastfood for 30 days came closer to him than the US military, because they are not even trying.  Even if there was a connection to Saddam that they find real proof of, they should have went after Bin Laden first and foremost.

So I am not blaming the Republicans, I am blaming Bush for putting his personal feelings before what is best for the country, but I can not say that McCain or Obama will make good choices for our country either… (and hillary is a joke)

Anonymous ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

physically, personality wise, and in every other way…  (the fake crying pissed me off, and how many stupid females bought into that crap…  that is when she lost all chance in me ever voting for her)

thefremen says:

RPfags are probably in denial, since they were already supporting a guy who thought abortion could be legalized/illegal on a state to state basis and Global Warming didn’t exist but if it did the free market would take care of it. Also, Police, School, Firefighters shouldn’t be public commons.

Father Time says:

If you really want to vote in protest vote libertarian.

I was an Edwards supporter myself after watching one of the debates, I couldn’t vote in the primary (because I wasn’t 18) and Edwards lost fair and square. If I vote for Mccain it will be because I prefer him over Obama not because I’m still bitter that my candidate didn’t win.

By the way how are the Ron Paul fanatics taking the loss?

Dave Rickey ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Looking at the full credits listings linked on MobyGames, I don’t see "Designer".  She has three credits for "Logistics Manager, US", one of which is under the heading of "Manufacturing" (the other two just grouped with the publisher staff).  So she’s not a designer, as near as I can tell she supervised the actual packaging of the physical boxes (not the box design, just getting all the stuff in them).  So my guess would be that she’s a manager at a fulfillment house where people stuffed the boxes with CD’s, manuals, etc.

Where did Newsday get the information she was a designer?  Was that how she identified herself to them?

Anonymous says:

It’s more like cutting off your HEAD to spite your face.

"My candidate didn’t win, so I’m gonna vote for the other guy and make sure that everything my candidate stood for is negated and destroyed by more years of bad policy.  That’ll teach ’em!!"

Luke says:

…or maybe it’s just this group.

The story indicates that PUMA’s motive is that they feel that Obama was a weaker candidate than Clinton, and that McCain will win because of that.  So this woman’s voting for McCain because of that?  Creating a self-fulfilling prophecy doesn’t make your line of arguing right.

El Guapo ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

That’s pretty much it.  They’re willing to endure four more years of what we’ve been going through right now just so she can attempt to run again in 2012.  It’s a pretty silly way of thinking, IMHO.

FlyinMX says:

That sucks, I love HoMM games. Of course someone like this would be working on one of my favorite series. I just can’t seem to wrap my head around the whole PUMA movement anymore. All I get out of it now is "sore loser" and "hardcore feminists".

I saw someone on Larry King Live yesterday from a group called JustSayNoDeal and she had such a holier-than-thou attitude and couldn’t answer any questions regarding policy differences or provide solid reasoning as to why she won’t listen to Hillary’s plea from last nights speech. She even compared voting for someone to putting out on the first date!

This is the first time I became intersted in politics (canadian politics is incredibly boring) and now I am wondering why I even bothered.

But when I think of it this way, it kinda makes me feel better:

Obama wins- My respect for America increases greatly

McCain wins- I won’t have to worry about a possible draft for one. It would be a long list…

The voters get the government they deserve.

If she was the only one who took part in the creation of HoMM 5 I would probably stop playing it. It wouldn’t be too big of a loss. HoMM 3 is the best in the series anyway.

FlyinMX for Obama 08

Steve says:

I think the assumption, which may or may not be correct, is that if McCain wins in 2008, Clinton will run in 2012. My money’s on that she won’t.

Thanks PUMA!

Jim Strathmeyer ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

It seems odd that the Democrats turn down Hillary and her supporters. They seems perfect at what the Democrats did after the last two elections: denial.

Chal says:

There are plenty of good reasons to vote against Obama.

This, however, is not one of them. I’m not a huge fan of McCain, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to vote for Obama out of spite.

Anonymous says:

"She claims that she will vote for Republican John McCain should Obama secure the nomination."

To me this indicates just how badly Hillary Clinton has poisoned this presidential contest. Through her lies and baseless attacks she turned Obama into an enemy in the minds of her most loyal supporters, leading many of them to declare a vote for McCain — a candidate who’s less like Hillary Clinton than Barack Obama. If McCain should win because of Hillary Clinton supporters, I shall blame her and her power-hungry, ego-boosting, self-serving campaign of deceit.

Hillary Clinton is an ugly, ugly person.

j0k3r says:

Thanks good job;

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing travesti or little and need to start saving costs. and dizi izle

Now I don’t have to get off my ass for the important shit anymore!

Whats next, ordering pizza from Xbox live?

Wait… I think that sounds like a good idea.

But I think voting should MAKE you get off your ass, and see outside or a second while you go vote. I mean, your picking the president of the United States of America for God’s Sake… least you can do is drive down there and punch out a card.

JustChris says:

Someone theorized that Obama got more support than Clinton because Americans as a whole feel more guilty about their racist past than their sexist past.

Monte says:

y’know, i can understand a person having a conservative point of view and supporting Mccain, but it people like PUMA are what it really pains me to see

Obama stands on the similar platform that Clinton does… his policies and issues echo her policies and issues. McCain stands against Clinton on most issues and is very much her opposite. If you are trult a supporter of Clinton, if you supported her for everything that she stood for, supported her because of the policies and stances she mad, then all logic dictates that you should support obama as well… i have yet to hear a good reason to switch from liberal democrat Clinton, to Conservative McCain; really all i ever hear is "we love hillary and Obama disrespected her"

You might say McCain has more experience, you might say he has more leadership skills, but at the end of the day he is gonna use that leadership AGAINST the stances Clinton stood for and AGAINST the interests you hold most dear; while Obama will use his presidency to fight for what you DO WANT. Even if you think he is not as capable a leader, it is better that he is atleast TRYING to pursue you’re interests than a canidate that will, not only not try at all, but even set BACK you’re interests.

granted that’s not to say such people do not exist within the mccain and obama troops… they damn well do… but PUMA’s are making themselves loud and clear…

Zevorick says:

It’s because he sank the unsinkable ship that is the Clinton’s, and he did it without lowering himself to her level of dirty tricks. Furthermore, he didn’t even consider her a runningmate. That’s what REALLY irks this subset of voters.

E. Zachary Knight says:

Now would this be considered racism or sexism?

They are willing to vote for someone that will not look out for their party interests just because their candidate will not be running for President. Is it because Barack is not a woman, or is it because he is black? I would like to know. Other than a few minor differences on the War and getting out thereof and tech issues, they could be said to be equals. So what is the problem?

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page:
    Facebook Page:

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

Anonymous says:

Where do people like you get off saying that France is a sissy and illogical country that has no balls? This is exactly the sort of mindless prejudice that the Hillary supporters for McCain are exhibiting.  If you’re buying into the ‘Freedom Fries’ nonsense you’re as bad as they are.

Anonymous ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

these types of idiots need to not be allowed to vote.  if you are voting for the wrong reasons, then get the hell out of our country, or done vote at all.  This is as logical as voting for someone because they are pro-life, when they are for stem cell research, while the other person  is pro-choice against stem cell research and everything else you are against, just because you choose pro-life to be your main topic to support.  It is worse than that though, this idiot just supports a female, like my idiotic aunt, and not the topics at hand.

Go to hell woman or get in the damn kitchen and make me some dinner.  If you are that stupid, you deserve to be treated like that.  Obama supports more things that Hillary does than McCain does by a long shot.

Can we  send these people to a sissy country like France where they will be happy, they don’t want to be in a country that is logical or has the balls to call BS.  I understand if someone is stupid enough to support a female democrat when they are republican and support the republican ways, but Jesus Christ people!  That is stupid too!  Support the person who you think will be best for the job, that is what elections are for you idiots.  What the hell!  You want some idiots like the 2 main guys from BioDome are your Pres. and VP?  Thats all we need, Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin as are president and VP…

If you think she got screwed out of the position, then how does a BLACK GUY get it!  Come on…  I have a hardcore feminist in my family and have seen the best and worst of the black community.  I would say people are most against black people than females any day.  It isn’t like the black population helped out Obama that much either.  Half of them said he wasn’t black enough or had another excuse.

The problem here is that these females are all stuck on their periods, and need to get the hell over it and take some damn midol.

In other news, Hillary’s new favorite console is the Wii!  Bill caught her with the WiiMote last week, and her response was, ‘Come on, I have caught you doing worse than this Bill.’

Anonymous says:

I’m with Sheppy.  They may have lived in poor circumstances for a while, but you don’t get to be president unless you cowtow to the super rich and take lots of money from rich corporate lobbyists – that’s hardly ‘remembering where you came from’.

Thad says:

Look, I hate the corporate-owned two-party system too, but I think it’s more than a little disingenuous to claim Obama and Biden have never lived in impoverished conditions.

sheppy says:

You know, I’m gonna be honest here.  ALL of them are as crooked as a shephard’s hook.  I tend to vote for the one least likely to fuck our nation up beyond repair (which I must say, the next president has 8 years of cleanup to do).  But to get even close to this nomination, you need to be a swindler, a liar, and an elitits rich person who has NEVER even touched impoverish conditions, let alone lived them.

Red, Blue… doesn’t matter where you vote really.  It’s all going towards the Have’s making sure they keep the Have Not’s in place.

sortableturnip says:

If you go to Urban Dictionary, a puma is described as follows:  A woman who is not quite old enough to be a cougar, but still likes to date/mate with younger men  😉

Anonymous ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

OMG, I love you for saying that…  I don’t know if you are funny in person, but that was perfect…  My girlfriend and I have a running joke that Hillary has a penis, and that Obama is really Oprah, but that is another story.

Awesome though…

They both look like men to me though.

Geoff ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Ummm, I thought Obama pretty much had the nomination locked at this point.  Guess denial is a powerful psychological tool.

I get a laugh out of every Hillary supporter who claims they’ll vote for McCain instead of Obama out of protest, especially those who do it because a woman "got screwed" out of the nomination.  Ok, so in protest you’re going to vote for…a 70+ year old white male.  Yeah, good job.  Really got your point across.

Pominator says:

No I think of Warthog… Pumas are a made up animal, or a shoe company!

I just think this is pathetic, but not as bad as the daily newsletter:

vote NObama 08! Help us avoid OBAMAGEDDON!!! Look out for Obama youth in your neighborhood!

Those guys are truly pathetic (for those of you who remember, I signed up to give Kevin McCullough a talking to, now they spam me every day…)