Traveling to PAX Today

August 28, 2008 -

Sorry for the lack of stories today... Had an early flight to PAX, including a mid-day change of planes in Detroit.

I'm in the cab at the Seattle Airport, and will get some GP goodness posted a little later...

Comments

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Hey Dennis, if you come back through Detroit again, here's what you need to do:

Find the monorail.  Go to McDonalds.  Get some burgers, nuggets, whatever.  Go to monorail, ride back and forth while waiting for your flight.  A friend of mine did this and pretty much watched human interaction at its finest for three hours when our flight was delayed once.

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Look for the guy wearing the purple dinner jacket and black hat with a bunch of "hello my name is" stickers :D I'll buy you a drink :D

Lucky. I wanted to go to PAX. :(

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Stop by the Flying Lab booth and say hi to the guy dressed as the British Naval officer. :)

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

I was wondering how long it would take you.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/okceca
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325674091

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Have fun. Let's hope PAX won't be the disappointment that E3 was.

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

I don't think anything could have been more of a disappointment than was E3 was this year.

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

We love you enough that it's okay, haha.  I had to flush my computer and reinstall my OS.  So I am still in the process of reinstalling all of my software...  (FTP, Firefox, web/game dev stuff, games...)

My freakin ethernet wasn't recogized by my OS, so I had to go online with my girlfriend's computer and download the driver...  it still wont play sound yet...  This computer is nearing it's end as a primary machine after 5 years and minor upgrades (more RAM, but thats it)...  Pretty damn good for a PC if you ask me.  I have only seen Macs last longer...  One at my work is 8 years old, no upgrades...

Time to build a computer...  NewEgg, here I come!

Anyways, have fun man, let us know of your travels.  In a year or 2 I'll prolly see you there.

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Do me a favour and yell at the big N about Mother 3, please? :D?

---
The Mammon Industry

---
Fangamer

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

OH snap, Dennis was within a couple hour's drive of my house

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Good luck at PAX. I wish I can go there. Please look for World Of Goo because I want that game so badly.

See you all at PAX 08!

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

C'mon....I need a GP fix, I already got my Colbert fix....

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

When will the Florida Supreme Court hand down the verdict in the Jack Thompson disbarment proceedings?

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

here's a peek at what dennis has to look forward to (via http://www.penny-arcade.com ):

have fun dennis!

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Yeah Dennis, you've got me twitching and scratching like a crackhead.

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

I need my GP fix, so it better come soon. :P

WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm
prh99Linux kernel patch breaks Witcher 2. Apparently it was a wrapped Windows version instead of native port. http://m.slashdot.org/story/21270301/24/2015 - 11:12am
prh99I am not a fan of QTEs. Toggle joystick to break away from an enemy is ok...01/24/2015 - 12:26am
Goth_Skunk@WonderKarp: *fistbump*01/24/2015 - 12:00am
ZippyDSMleeIts like they took the fiction from soemthing else and tried to impose it on the Turok IP 0-o01/23/2015 - 10:14pm
ZippyDSMleeuhg I mean they did not need the dumb story and needed more unreal crazy combat.01/23/2015 - 10:13pm
ZippyDSMleestyle gameplay not generic shooter stuff.01/23/2015 - 10:11pm