Traveling to PAX Today

August 28, 2008 -

Sorry for the lack of stories today... Had an early flight to PAX, including a mid-day change of planes in Detroit.

I'm in the cab at the Seattle Airport, and will get some GP goodness posted a little later...

Comments

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Hey Dennis, if you come back through Detroit again, here's what you need to do:

Find the monorail.  Go to McDonalds.  Get some burgers, nuggets, whatever.  Go to monorail, ride back and forth while waiting for your flight.  A friend of mine did this and pretty much watched human interaction at its finest for three hours when our flight was delayed once.

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Look for the guy wearing the purple dinner jacket and black hat with a bunch of "hello my name is" stickers :D I'll buy you a drink :D

Lucky. I wanted to go to PAX. :(

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Stop by the Flying Lab booth and say hi to the guy dressed as the British Naval officer. :)

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

I was wondering how long it would take you.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/okceca
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325674091

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Have fun. Let's hope PAX won't be the disappointment that E3 was.

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

I don't think anything could have been more of a disappointment than was E3 was this year.

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

We love you enough that it's okay, haha.  I had to flush my computer and reinstall my OS.  So I am still in the process of reinstalling all of my software...  (FTP, Firefox, web/game dev stuff, games...)

My freakin ethernet wasn't recogized by my OS, so I had to go online with my girlfriend's computer and download the driver...  it still wont play sound yet...  This computer is nearing it's end as a primary machine after 5 years and minor upgrades (more RAM, but thats it)...  Pretty damn good for a PC if you ask me.  I have only seen Macs last longer...  One at my work is 8 years old, no upgrades...

Time to build a computer...  NewEgg, here I come!

Anyways, have fun man, let us know of your travels.  In a year or 2 I'll prolly see you there.

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Do me a favour and yell at the big N about Mother 3, please? :D?

---
The Mammon Industry

---
Fangamer

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

OH snap, Dennis was within a couple hour's drive of my house

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Good luck at PAX. I wish I can go there. Please look for World Of Goo because I want that game so badly.

See you all at PAX 08!

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

C'mon....I need a GP fix, I already got my Colbert fix....

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

When will the Florida Supreme Court hand down the verdict in the Jack Thompson disbarment proceedings?

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

here's a peek at what dennis has to look forward to (via http://www.penny-arcade.com ):

have fun dennis!

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

Yeah Dennis, you've got me twitching and scratching like a crackhead.

Re: Traveling to PAX Today

I need my GP fix, so it better come soon. :P

Poll

Will Code Avarice's Paranautical Activity make its way back onto Steam?:

Neo_DrKefkaThanks James. Means a lot.10/21/2014 - 7:24pm
prh99Nothing that hasn't been said.10/21/2014 - 6:52pm
Andrew EisenHaven't read it yet. I'm sharing this because I love the header image. http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/10/gamergate-should-stop-lying-to-itself.html10/21/2014 - 3:39pm
james_fudgeYou are one of us, you're a GPer, not a GGer :)10/21/2014 - 2:27pm
james_fudgeNeo_DrKefka: half of them don't know who that is, so no worries :)10/21/2014 - 2:27pm
Andrew EisenUpdate to the Paranautical Activity story. Dev leaves the studio. http://codeavarice.com/post/100592709238/mike-is-leaving-code-avarice10/21/2014 - 1:52pm
quiknkoldI'm sure you are, Andrew10/21/2014 - 1:44pm
Andrew EisenNintendo announced the Link amiibo is compatible with Hyrule Warriors. No idea how Nintendo expects anyone to give a toss if it don't tell us what it does. Then again, maybe I'm just being curmudgeonly.10/21/2014 - 1:25pm
Neo_DrKefkaSo Gamergate compared me to leftist Saul Alnsky....ME off all the people10/21/2014 - 1:16pm
IanCWell.... quite.10/21/2014 - 1:10pm
Andrew EisenWell of course. Girls don't buy figurines and guys don't buy figurines of girls. And no, the girls that buy figurines and the guys that buy figurines of girls don't count. The money belongs on the table, thank you very much!10/21/2014 - 12:43pm
IanCI have 3 of the Disney Infinity figures even though i don't have the game (Rapunzel from Tangled, and Anna & Elsa from Frozen, purely because its the only way to get figures from those two films)10/21/2014 - 12:23pm
Andrew EisenGlad you said "Pokemon." That's the first time I've seen anyone use that abbreviation.10/21/2014 - 12:14pm
MaskedPixelanteGot my demo key for ORAS, hope I get some awesome Pokemon to bring over.10/21/2014 - 12:08pm
E. Zachary KnightNot owning a WiiU helps too.10/21/2014 - 11:39am
E. Zachary KnightI have avoided Skylanders and Disney Infinity so far, so I don't see how Amiibos will get me in their grasp.10/21/2014 - 11:39am
Andrew EisenYes, GamerGate has a lot of fair-weather friends.10/21/2014 - 11:25am
Neo_DrKefkaI'm disheartened we have a group of people in Gamergate such as The Ralph Retort that is using Gamergate to prop themselves up but they are acting just like those they are fighting against. Only gaming site coming out of gamergate that worthy is TechRaptr10/21/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenNot I. I'm not interested in desktop tchotchkes. Don't know what they do in Captain Toad (a game I'll actually be picking up) but I'm not impressed by what they do in Smash Bros.10/21/2014 - 11:10am
quiknkoldso in a change of subject to something much lighter, who here is getting the Amiibos? I have 4 preordered.10/21/2014 - 7:02am