Saints Row 2 CE to Ship in Pistol Case Box

Eurogamer reports that the Collector’s Edition of THQ’s Saints Row 2 will ship in a box which depicts a pistol mounted in a fancy gun case:

…in keeping with the game’s general sense of fun and social responsibility, the box is shaped like a gun and you get a USB stick in the shape of a bullet…

It’s not alone, either, with a 1GB USB key in the shape of a golden bullet to keep it company, along with a 3rd Street Saints poster (a woman blowing the smoke away from the barrel of her man’s gun) and a map of Stilwater, the game’s sandbox location.

For now at least, the special packaging appears to be exclusive to the Xbox 360 version – and to the European market.

Via: Sports Legends

oto kirlama says:

I’m all for freedom of ttnet vitamin speech and allowing rent a car game makers to put whatever they want in games, but there’s one thing about this app that has me scratching my head.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but from araç kiralama the previous article araba kiralama on this I gathered that players can use Google maps in-game to find the other (real-life?) dealers in their area.  If this is the case, has travesti anyone considered what’s stopping someone from using this app to actually move drugs between hands for reals?

But majority araba kiralama of their outrage araç kiralama stems from what it could DO TO children, not the content itself.  Talk to one of these people and you’ll find they don’t think any books kiralık araba should be banned from children.  Mention American Psycho and they talk about kiralık araç the redeeming value of using imagination to construct a story.  Reading, no matter what the content, is largely viewed as a consequenceless activity for people of any age.  The reason why I mention American Psycho is because of the content itself.  Gaming never has and likely never will have any scenes where someone has sex with a severed head.  Not gonna happen.  Yet despite this, they’ll fight tooth and nail to protect their children from two boys kissing in Bully but whatever they read is harmless… yeah.

The entire arguement is kiralık oto based upon a social normality inflicted by luddites who can’t figure out the controls for Halo so it’s frightening and terrifying and obviously the cause of youth violence on the rise even though, in reality, it’s in decline (which is actually a HUGE suprise given minibüs kiralama the economies status).  In  a perfect world, we would have parents that actually parent.  The idea of sales restrictions on media on oto kiralama any form to accomidate parental unwillingness to get involved with their child’s life is the real problem to me.  Here I am, 32 years old, and being held up at a self-scan rent a car needing to show ID before I can buy a $10 M rated game all because Soccer Momthra can’t be bothered to look at the crap Billy Genericallystupidson does in his free time.  It’s too hard for her, so I have to suffer?

Anonymous says:

It’s good marketting any way you look at it, not only does the consumer get trinkets, but there is bound to be some kind of reaction to it, which all helps increase visibility.

TJLK says:

Ever think that it just might be a cool way to package their product?  Why is everyone complaining about extra effort in the way one might promote their game?

I’m not sure I can agree with those that are putting down SR2 because of this style of marketing.  It fits the game well and dude they give you a free usb drive, poster and map.  It just sounds like they want to give their customers a little bit extra besides just the game, manual and standard box.  It might not improve the way the game plays but it should give you a better feeling when you open up the game for the first time especially if you are a fan of the series.

Blue_hedgehog says:

Well, If anyone wanted to know who Jack Thompson Follower, Real American hero trolls are, Im sorry if im getting off topic, but the Trolls that have SN like those two are actually Jackie’s wife and his Next door neighbor thats doing the trolling.

kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

1. No one under 17 will be able to buy this is a clerk does their job

2. If a kid does get the game, the toy will likely be chucked aside for them to play the game.

Jack Thompson Follower says:

Hmm, THQ had reall proven to be shameful of them selves, Yes i see now that a youth is going to buy this game, See the case with the fake weapon in it, play the game out of dissapointment and excitement because of the pistol case was fake..then 3 hours later, that kid raided his daddy’s gun cabinet,Left his house and started to shoot up his innocent neighborhood.

-Entertainment isn’t the reason the world sucks. It’s the reason we know the world sucks. For information on games and psychology, look up: Jonathan Freedman(2002)Block & Crain(2007)Grand Theft Childhood, by Harvard researchers Larry Kutner&Cheryl Olson

Anonymous says:

You can legally buy guns in "europe". It is after all a big place, with lots of different rules on gun ownership.

I’ve seen gun shops in the UK in small villages in the UK.

Michael Chandra ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

You can, however, buy fake guns in Germany that look so damn real they’re illegal in the Netherlands. We’re talking about guns that are near-perfect replicas.

Chuma says:

On behalf of the Europeans who consistantly don’t get games like Secret of Mana 2, Earthbound, Katamary Damacy and others AT ALL and CONSISTANTLY have to wait 2-3 months longer than the US for anything, if not more especially when it comes to hardware, may I say this:

If all you can complain about is waiting a couple of months for Mario Kart and some shitty little limited edition box for a game that noone is interested in the first place, then tough bloody shit.

*deep breath*

Had to get that off my chest.  Thankyou.

Haggard says:

Swings and roundabouts. We got Mario Kart before you, you got super smash brothers before us. You got Rock Band a year before us, we got.. uh.. hang on, that’s about everything we’ve ever gotten before you guys.

Matthew says:

You act like this sort of thing doesn’t happen all the time in the US and Japan. Region-specific goodies suck when they’re applied to region-locked consoles, but how many US-only releases have you purchased before, and how many games did you pick up before the rest of the world could?

Feel sorry for Australia. I think Street Fighter II is out there in October.

HL_1942 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Oh right Europeans should boycott the special versions and earlier released games because you didn’t get to play it a month before them.  How does this sound if you want the rest of the world to protest a game (or in this came a special addition) because you don’t get to play it how about you do the same for everyone else in return.  As a fellow American I say stop complaining.

chadachada(123) ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Anything that is limited to only one "market" deserves to be boycotted, period. Seriously, why just the European Market? That’s as BS as what happened with Rock Band, and Europe getting Mario Kart Wii way before America. So long as this thing is only in Europe, I’m not buying the game period.

w00f says:

well, if a senator who decided to get rid of a so called "rape scene" in GTA IV that doesnt exist, im pretty sure some1, somewhere, some time will get the wrong idea with this and make a complete dumbass of their self

MrKlorox says:

SR has always seemed to be more about emulating GTA than improving on the formula. The marketing of the series and the vibe of the first game absolutely reflects a disconnect between the devs and living, thinking human beings.

We’ll see if the SR2 gameplay is worth it now that GTA has abandoned fun for the sake of story cohesion. I didn’t think I’d get to play another game with melee weapons on motorcycles until would EA resurrect RoadRash.

Monolith says:

After seeing their PAX booth, I agree.

—Oh sure, its fine when a monkey does it. But when I throw barrels at an Italian plumber, they call it a hate crime! – Stephen Colbert

Paulrus-Keaton? ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

This is sad.

I’m still gonna play SR2; but their marketing team is just trying to hard. It’s just pitiful.

E. Zachary Knight says:

I see what they are doing here. They can not drum up enough controversy on their game alone, so they have to manufacture stuff to be controversial.

Why do they want to be the next GTA?

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page:
    Facebook Page:

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

Brokenscope says:

And the gun looks like a shitty airshit replica. Double crap.

A fancy gun case usually has a plauqe that gives some hint as to why the gun deserves it. And its usually not an awful yellow background.

Austin_Lewis says:

Yeah, Pistols tend to come in huge plastic cases.  The only exception I ever saw was a WWII-era 1911, which was in a cardboard box, but if the owner hadn’t opened the box and showed me what was inside, I probably wouldn’t have guessed (the box was beat to hell, and all the lettering and whatnot was unreadable).

Anonymous says:

ROFL – I detect a plot to steal GTA4’s notoriety 😉

Well, it makes sense, look at how much money T2 has made from that notoriety and all the free advertising it got them. It’s already working, since it’s here 😉