Local Elected Official is Proud of His Gaming

Earlier this year GamePolitics covered Det Ansinn, the elected head of the town council in Doylestown, PA (where, coincidentally, GP HQ is located).

Ansinn, a Democrat, is a dedicated gamer as well as the head of his own tech company, which includes some video game-related projects.

I mention this because Ansinn has just been featured on the cover of a local magazine holding a controller.

How often do you see a political figure who is right up front about loving video games?

15 comments

Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

Can’t wait.

——————————————————————————————————–

I AM DOOMED TO HAUNT JACK THOMPSON’S DREAMS UNTIL HIS CRUSADE AGAINST VIDEO GAMES ENDS.

Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

Uhh… *cough* Not cool, bro.

——————————————————————————————————–

Jackalman says:

Noooo! GP, you have just disclosed the location of HQ

Hope you’re prepaired to fend off an assault by Thompson-spawn

Other than that, I can’t help but feel sorry for this guy, every single game-hating politician is now against him (and there’s a lot of them)

TBoneTony ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Yep, this is the story we gamers all need.

Not only about what side of Government they are from, but also that he is a gamer and he will be trying to do his best to let other politicians know that they just can’t blame videogames for everything under the sun.

Also don’t just rely on the Democrats.

There are some gamer politicians from both sides but they are so outweighted by the few older politicians who bash videogames when they get the chance,

This Election, America, get to know your LOCAL politicians so you can vote for the ones who are Gamers and throw those out of power who are Game-Bashers.

America, please make this Australian Gamer poud.

I would love to have more politicians like him in my government.

xBIGWIGx says:

Same here man, a Doylestown local who just moved back actually. There’s actually a little more to do now that I’m not a broke teen anymore, lol. It’s refreshing to see my town, that usually caters to an older, somewhat well off crowd elect an official who shares the interests of the more youthful of its citizens.

Thules says:

Yeah, D-Town represent! That’s my good ol’ hometown 😉

There’s almost nothing to do there aside from hang out at the mall and watch movies (as far as I recall from highschool) so good to see gaming is getting good recognition!

Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

Sweet. I can’t help but imagine what Jack will say about this.

——————————————————————————————————–

JB ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

We’ll start seeing them more often, I think. Eventually the older generation will die off (how old is the average senator, gov., MP, or MPP?) and the younger folks will have to take their place.

But it’s still good to see none the less.