Sarah Palin Action Figures… Moose Sold Separately

As reported by the St. Petersburg Times, Connecticut-based HeroBuilders is now pushing a Sarah Palin action figure with the buyer’s choice of three outfits.

Depending upon one’s taste, the Sarah doll comes in a Hillary-like pantsuit, the Lara Croft-ish outfit seen at left, or a risque schoolgirl get-up.

If you simply must have one, be prepared to shell out between $27.95 – $29.95, depending upon ensemble. The company also offers figures based on John McCain, Eliot Spitzer and John Edwards.

Can a Flash-based game be far behind?

Via: Associated Content

oto kirlama says:

Gallagher can araç kiralama say all he wants, but I strongly rent a car believe it’s due to his crappy leadership and E3 being a joke. ESA’s Board of Directors need to find a way to get out rent a car of this horrid contract with this Bush cronie before there’s no one left on the Board.

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing ttnet vitamin or little and need to start saving costs.

Now I don’t have to get off my ass for the important shit anymore!

Whats next, ordering pizza from Xbox live?

Wait… I think that sounds like a good idea.

But I think voting should MAKE you get off your ass, and see outside or a second while you go vote. I mean, your picking the president of the United States of America for God’s Sake… least you can do is drive down there and punch out a card.

Ted says:

Concerning my previous posting with some Six Generations playing cards, looking similar to Sarah Palin-

I want to explain this fantastic similarity and draw the line between those samples and Sarah’s popularity in US among republicans and even democrats and others.
    As a designer of Six Generations card game, I wanted to show the images of average looking American women, different from each other of course, and I had to find an artist who will draw 36 women (and 36 cards with men too.)
    I saw the pictures of Sarah Palin in the Anchorage Daily News since 2002 when she campaigned for lieutenant governor of Alaska and appeared at different election speeches, buy I never thought of using her images for Six Generations card game.
    The artist of all the images  – Andrey Ayoshin – never saw Sarah Palin by the year 2004 at all, as I guess, because he resided in Russia, Moscow, and better known to American public as an illustrator of hundreds highly erotic futuristic pictures for the fantasies, published on one US adult website.
    So, he also never saw Sarah Palin at that time, in 2004. He designed the images of American women out of his own imagination, built by watching American movies, advertisement, hundred photos and books through his life. Once he was done with images, they were printed for Six Generations card game in September 2004 at the Carta Mundi plant in Kingsport, Tennessee, and I was very happy with his choices.
    So here is my point: picking Sarah Palin for the Vice-President, we got a biological product of a few hundred years of genealogical mutation on North American continent, which created a perfect average-looking American woman, no wonder that she was a beauty queen in Alaska in 1984. Women instinctively seeing in her themselves or the icon of what they want to be, and the men see the dream character.
    The similarity with the average-looking US woman, what found the proof on Six Generations cards, published independently from her and Republican campaign managers, is the key accent in making her the icon for voters and possibly the magnet for the choices at the poll stations on November, 2nd, 2008.
    Anonymous says:

I like how patriotism is a joke or passing fad to a lot of liberals; something to be snickered at to make some sort of point. A lot of people should be so lucky we live in a civil society.

Don’t forget that "…peace is a illusion kept in check by the War Economy." That is game politics: A true political statement taken from a videogame. Not some dumb post about a doll.

Without it your anti-patriotism wouldn’t be so cool. –or in words you’ll understand– "ohnoes! Teh patriotismz can has fanz!"

Anonymous says:

I can post what I want to any thread I want. Should all comments sections be closed after two days because "…it’s already been discussed…"?

Liberal sympathizer.

Anonymous says:

Are you in a "Not Completely Relevant to the Purpose of the Site" limbo contest?

I mean, please forgive me if Game Politics = Politics only. If so, my bad. But the only link I can find in the story is a ponderific sentence of whether or not there may be a game made of her in the future.

I don’t know your affiliation and don’t want to; however, if I were a betting man, I’d bet you fifty bucks your vote goes left.

Chris Charabaruk says:

I’d much rather have a Ron Paul action figure.

Actually, it’d be cool to have a Ron Paul as Moses diorama, with Ron Paul carrying down the mountain the US Constitution. I’d love to see that and I’m not even American.

Chris ‘coldacid’ Charabaruk <>
    IGDA Indie SIG Coordinator, Programmer, Designer

Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

First Rule 34 and now this?

gamepolitics says:

Pardon me, but that’s PRETTY FREAKING INSULTING.

Which post about Palin attempts to sway people? Show me.

GP: Pardon my little outburst there, the results of a long day posting 15 stories. I will say that I believe a certain amount of the criticism here is reflexively partisan in nature by Palin supporters and that is unfortunate. The facts are that in one GP story I did express concern over Palin’s undisputed inquiry into book banning. I remain extremely concerned about that in relation to all forms of media, including games.  I’m very concerned about the mindset of anyone who would consider that approach to books.

However, not in that story or any GP story did I post any of the bogus lists of books she supposedly banned that are circulating the Net. I also believe that I stuck up for her womanhood in response to David Jaffe’s reducing her to a "MILF" in his commentary.

This story is pretty neutral. If anything, it acknowledges her celebrity, which is a plus for her. You don’t see any Biden dolls, do you? Speaking of that, I also know that in my recent coverage of Biden following his nomination, I pointed out his horrendous record on consumer tech issue as well as his two instances of documented plagiarism.

If you want to accuse me of partisanship in my coverage, please do your homework first. I know what I’ve written and I’m convinced that I’ve been down the line on my coverage, for these and all of the reasons stated above in this comment thread.

gamepolitics says:

As regards Biden:

-we ripped him over his very poor track record on consumer tech issues. He hasn’t been involved much in gaming, and, frankly, he’s pretty bland. You have to admit that Palin is a much more interesting figure.

I’ve written a lot about Obama. Hit the search bar, top left of the main page:

-wrote that he made turning off the video games a major campaign themes. wrote that several times, in fact

-wrote that the last game he played was Pong

-wrote about his GTA IV comments when that launched

-wrote that he returned an campaign contribution from the former head of the ESA

-write about a Second Life fundraiser held in his behalf, just today in fact.

-I’m sure there are more that don’t come to mind just now.

Be assured, if I can bring Obama, McCain or Biden (or Palin) into these discussions, I will. I live for that stuff.

gamepolitics says:

historically, I have tried to bring in any forseeable linkage to game issues. For me, the hook to this story is my prediction that we’ll soon have someone bring forth a Palin game. And we will, I’d bet fifty bucks, if I was a betting man.

As far as Jaffe, you may disagree, but I saw that as a very viable story. Major game designer comments on the VP candidate and in a controversial way?  Hell, I would have reported his comments about her even if he didn’t go near the MILF stuff.

Today, GP had 14, not 13 stories. I’d say that some are only marginally related to actual gaming, and it’s always been that way. The soldier killed in Afghanistan, for instance. And Richard Garriott/Stephen Colbert into space. Gordon Freeman at CERN. There has always been room for a bit of fun on GP in addition to the hard news. And it’s like that on a lot of good sites. It’s like that in your newspaper. It’s like that in the Wall Street Journal, which takes a little space away from hardcore biz news in every edition.

Oh, and I did find one additional story – we mentioned that game reviewer from Texas who wrote the (fairly silly) piece about understanding Palin through games. So, seven Palin stories. I’m sure we’ll have more between now and November.

chadachada(123) ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

But it just seems so much less that is reported on them. I’d consider Biden’s plagerism in college to be somewhat worthy, as worthy as this story at least, and something that actually is important to discuss, but that’s my personal opinion. And yes, all news sources have at least some bias, and there’s nothing we can do about it.

One thing though, I honestly felt that the story about Palin’s daughter’s baby’s daddy to be completely inappropriate and not related at all, and something that I truly feel as trying to sway public opinion. So he wrote some bad things on his myspace, big deal. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad kid or anything, it’s an internet site! I could post whatever I want, and people that actually know me would know whether it’s true or not. So then, after news breaks, he takes off the bad things and puts that he plays video games….Find me a kid his age that doesn’t play video games!

chadachada(123) ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I just don’t see why there is so little about Obama and Biden on here. It just seems to me like you’re being a little partisan. It could just be my viewpoint, but look at many of the comments on this story. Many of them are cynical towards Palin, conservatives, etc. It almost seems like you’re trying to pander to the liberals/Democrats that go to this site. Not that I particularly care…it is your blog after all, but I just don’t want me and others to feel alienated at all.

I don’t disagree that talking about Sarah Palin is relevant and that while she may have no record on video games so far, being in such a position all buy ensures she will in the future.  My tone may have indicated that I don’t think you should cover her at all (not sure how) and that’s not what I mean.  I just can’t see what a story like this has to do with anything of importance to the issues you cover here and when I say "declining editorial standards", I mean that stories like this or about Jaffe’s comment (which yes came from a game designer but come on dude) don’t really have any significance and are more the kind of coverage you would see on cable news networks.  I’m saying that GamePolitics is even close to the likes of Fox News or even CNN but you have to admit you would probably see a story like this covered in those places.  Please do talk about Palin and the other candidates at length, I think that makes perfect sense.  I just don’t see what stories about irrelevant MILF comments and action figures has anything to do with what you’re trying to achieve with the site and if newcomes to the site were to see them, I am curious of how their opinions would be impacted by seeing them.

Of course, it is your site and you’re free to do what you want with it.  I’m only stating a viewpoint here and you can disagree if you want.  I am only one reader after all.  I just take exception to the "You’re not paying for it so you don’t get to criticize" attitude exhibited by some who don’t realize that constructive criticism is how a place improves.

gamepolitics says:

who did we make fun of?

And, believe me, if I wanted to go for a revealing outfit, the schoolgirl get-up is way farther down that road. And, geez, it’s a doll, segmented knees and all. Not doing anything for my libido. And I hope not yours.

I am also still curious as to what a fluff piece about action figures in the shape of Sarah Palin in any way has to do with her political or leadership abilities, her ability to lead as Vice-President of the USA or her potential impact on the video game industry.  Covering the candidates isn’t my problem, coverage about who is moulding her likeness out of plastic in a revealing outfit that has nothing to do with anything is what I don’t understand.  I’ve seen other outlets made fun of on this site for posting stories like this.

"Personally, I would give up complaining and simply skip the stories you don’t like."

I’ll take that under advisement.  I didn’t realize it was taboo to complain about the declining editorial standards of a site I’ve been a loyal viewer of for years and which while I pay not directly pay for, it owned and operated by an organization that I have indeed given my money to.  I don’t expect GP to change what he posts just because I or an increasingly large group of people don’t like some of it.  But don’t think I won’t point out what I think is a problem when I see it.  Without the readers, this place doesn’t exist and my criticism is given in the effort of seeing the site’s viewership and influence continue to grow.

E. Zachary Knight says:

This is his first Presidential election to cover. So he is going through some growing pains as people can see.

But, he is the owner and editor of the site. No news source is without bias. To me, he seems to be trying to avoid showing that as much as possible. He has reported on Obama and Biden. He has reported on critical issues with those candidates. They are not immune.

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page:
    Facebook Page:

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

E. Zachary Knight says:

You have to admit this one fact, this is the first Presidential election since the formation of GP. Game Politics started in 2005 a year after the 2004 elections.

Granted as this is the first Presidential election, there will be alot of stories about the two publicized presidential candidates and their running mates. It goes with the territory.

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page:
    Facebook Page:

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

Bill says:

The thing that bothers me about this is that gamer issues have been able to transcend the political parties.  And GP was a great site to read about the misdeeds on all sides when trying to regulate our favorite activities.  I am unafilliated with either party and will most likely vote 3rd party this year.  But now it’s appearing that  GP’s not presenting facts about game politics, but instead is trying to use his site to sway opinion on a political candidate in the presidential election.  Of course that’s his perogative, but it turns me the fuck off.  If GP’s willing to use this site to be a hatchet man, then I don’t know that I can trust him anymore.  If that’s the case you lose me as a reader and the effectiveness of this site to bring people together for the stated issues of games in politics is weakened.

Andy says:

It’s fluff news, it’s not a big deal.  You seem to have high expectations of someone you aren’t paying for their work.

I am not affiliated with GP in any way, I just found this…odd.

There is nothing about Sarah Palin action figures that has any significant impact on anything.  It’s being covered because its Sarah Palin and because its an easy way to keep this nonsense with David Jaffe stirred up.  As far as US politicians go, GP himself has said that Palin has exactly no official opinion on video games and has been involved in nothing regarding them.  She’s probably one of the furthest removed from the issues that this site was created to discuss.  When you run a site that was created to give coverage to a certain issue and go way off the map like this on a frequent basis, it dilutes the quality of the true issue coverage you offer and will ultimately shrink your readership.  I don’t mind the occasional off-topic post at all but posting every time Sarah Palin’s name appears somewhere does service to no one.  I personally believe that GP is above devolving into this kind of sensationalist fluff coverage.

Andy says:

There is no news source in the world that doesn’t try to attract readers from different areas of interest.  In the grand scheme of things, an off-topic article here and there is not the demise of this site nor does it undermine its’ credibility.  GP is still a hell of a lot better in this field than any other source that I know of.

Do you feel that this site is missing out on important political issues in gaming, or merely that extra information is posted under the same umbrella?  If the former is done very well here (covering political issues in gaming), can’t the latter be overlooked?

TaoJeannes says:

"GP can post whatever the hell he wants on his blog."

The blog is called GamePolitics

"Who are you to bitch about content that you don’t think belongs there?"

I am a reader.

Andy says:

There seems to be a lot of whining going on lately about what is and isn’t news that GP should report.

GP can post whatever the hell he wants on his blog.  Who are you to bitch about content that you don’t think belongs there?

Is this story related to gaming – hardly.  So what?  It’s just a light and funny little blurb about a prominant political figure – one in the news daily these days.

Sheesh, lighten up people.

AguaRojo says:

"Can a Flash-based game be far behind?"

This lame attempt to somehow connect this article to games and not the author’s obsession with Sarah Palin brought to you by GP.

"You are reading the authors blog for free, he doesn’t owe you anything.  If you don’t like the content, don’t read it.  You’re still of course free to complain, you just look spoiled doing so."

Those of us who are getting tired of seeing this site go off-topic all the time to take potshots at low hanging fruit will have to learn to live with your smug disappointment.

Andy says:

The blog is called GamePolitics

It’s a blog.  I don’t think Dennis at any time promised you or anyone else that he would never post anything that isn’t directly confined to games and politics.  There is no contract here.

I am a reader.

gamepolitics says:

declining editorial standards?

Ouch… Because of a few Sarah Palin posts?

You know, there’s something like 12 or 13 stories up today, 7 yesterday, a few over the weekend, 13 on Friday… I’d say we average 7-8 stories on weekdays, 1-2 on weekend days. With that many stories, personally, I’d just skip the ones I had no interest in.

That said, I can think of maybe 6 total Palin stories over the last two weeks:

• when the pick became known (as to her gaming record, or lack thereof)
    • the thing about the gamer who fathered Bristol’s child (and I wrote about my own misgivings on that one)
    • the book banning thing, which I believe has huge relevance
    • a couple of posts on the David Jaffe MILF thing, one of which was in response to Jaffe’s criticism of GP
    • this piece

Given that we are in a presidential election year, I do want to bring these candidates in whenever I can see some relevance. And, this woman is very relevant. She could be VP in a few months. If that happens, she could be President. So, yeah, I want to write about her when I can find the relevance.

Now let me ask you. This is a fairly innocuous piece. Why does it bother you?

Vote for Brains says:

RRR says, apparently, unaware of the great irony: "I have noted the feminists who have worked so hard to show a women can have a family and also be a career women, have so quickly back tracked to slam Mrs., Palin."

My dear, they are not slamming Mrs. Palin for being a career woman, they are slamming her and your party for being gigantic hypocrits. I have noted the countless Republicans who have worked so hard it discredit Hillary Clinton as a shrill, unchristian woman with weak family values, and who love to characterize Michelle Obama as an "angry black woman," who are suddenyl so tender and protective of Mrs. Palin. Seriously, can you imagine the outcry if Condie Rice or Mrs. Obama referred to themselves as "barracuda"???  The GOP record on women’s issues has consistently been locked in the Victorian era.  And please, just because I am a woman hardly means that I am automatically on board with Palin’s "let’s all have a rapist’s baby" mentality, or her notion that screwing up what little wilderness we have left is the answer to our energy problems. Please, let’s really have a close look at the issues here and stop pointing hypocritical fingers.

Vote for Brains says:

This is to RRR. You advise the previous poster to do her research, but have you? Really? Because I can’t believe that any salient human being who has done their due dilligence in researching these candidates could possibly support either Palin or McCain. McCain has told more lies and flip flopped more than any politician in recent memory. Did you know that during his stint as head of the Senate congress committee from 1997-2004 he proudly referred to himself as “The deregulator”? And now what is he blaming the recent economic collapse on? Deregulation. Says he’s always been against it. A flat out lie. As for Ms. Palin, as you’re basking in the glow of her pluckiness, you might want to consider that the heartwarming quote she pulled out of her speechwriter’s rear, the one that went “We grow good people in our small towns with honesty, sincerity and dignity,” was penned by one Westbrook Pegler, a man deemed to be too much of a right wing, anti-Semitic whacko even for the uber-conservative John Birch society. (They ousted him in 1964 for his new-Nazi views. Look it up in any decent encyclopedia). One of his other recommendations was that that it is “clearly the bounden duty of all intelligent Americans to proclaim and practice bigotry.”
    I could go on. I’ve done so much research my fingernails are blunt. I’ve begged my Republican friends to convince me of why I should vote for McCain, but all they’ve come up with are unsubstantiated reasons to dislike Obama.
    So do your research. And I’m not talking about the Huffington Post or the Drudge Report, I’m talking reliable sources. After you’ve done that, tell me is McPalin really the team you want running our country?

RRR says:

Moreover you would have Mrs. Palin have an abortion to rid herself of her child.

This is her choice. Roe vs Wade is about choice.

Please do your research outside the Drive by Media; an open mind approach would be refreshing.

Democrats should practice what they preach

Open Mind

Freedom of speech

Anonymous says:

I’m not judging her for having an imperfect family. I do judge her decisions in regard to her family. She choose to have a baby with down’s syndrome ( I would’ve have done the same)  and with that decision comes great responsibility. This child will require a great deal of special medical attention, services etc….It is her responsibilty as a parent to be there for that baby. Please don’t insult me by saying the father will do it in her stead…the father should be an equal part of this journey but she cannot adequately parent and nurture from the campaign trail.  To make matters worse she threw her 17 year old pregnant teenage daughter to the media wolves. She made her daughter the most famous pregant teeenager in the USA. Career ambitions should never come before your children NEVER!

And lastly…here’s all you need to know about Gov. Palin….she is a proponent of censorship and book banning…she does not want our kids to read Harry Potter…come one get real!!! What utter and complete B.S.

Steve says:

No, the above person is right.  You’re an idiot.  Have you ever actualy been around a kid, at all, or do you remember being one?  Did you follow your parents rules at every moment?  Judging her like this is pathetic.  There are other things you can look at – pick one of those.\

Anonymous says:

Actually, you can only get Bush, Kywame Kilpatrick, FDR, and every US Congress member (aside from a few like Ron Paul) in that type. Sorry, Palin hasn’t demonstrated those qualities yet.

Pinworm4545 says:

Does this come with a pull string that causes her to voice ways children need to be raised, oblivious to the fact that she is unable to do those things with even her own children?

Zerodash. ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Alright GP, your a bit obsessed with this woman.  This has nothing to do with games- a Laura Croft getup is meaningless.  This is even dumber than posting about her daughter’s boyfriend.