Soldier, GTA Player Makes Ultimate Sacrifice in Afghanistan

Another in an irregular – but all too frequent – series:

This morning comes word that 20-year-old Army PFC Tan Quoc Ngo was killed in an August 27th ambush in Afghanistan.

As reported by a lengthy obituary on Oregon Live, Ngo’s parents were refugees from Vietnam. Oregon Gov. Ted Kulongoski was among those who attended the young man’s funeral on Friday. From the news coverage:

He liked nothing better than playing pickup basketball or football, or playing cards with friends in his Beaverton neighborhood… He also liked video games, including Grand Theft Auto and Halo…

GP: Why do we do this? The gamer generation is much maligned these days. With so many gamers currently serving in U.S. military forces around the world, GamePolitics makes it a point to honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Thanks to: Reader Kojiro for the link.

100 comments

1. desperad0 says:

Thanks good job;

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing travesti or little and need to start saving costs. and dizi izle

Now I don’t have to get off my ass for the important shit anymore!

Whats next, ordering pizza from Xbox live?

Wait… I think that sounds like a good idea.

But I think voting should MAKE you get off your ass, and see outside or a second while you go vote. I mean, your picking the president of the United States of America for God’s Sake… least you can do is drive down there and punch out a card.

2. oto kirlama says:

Nintendo is indeed selling SOME of these on the Virtual Console but not even close to all of them. While i agree in part to his piracy he was filling a market that Nintendo failed to recognize. Maybe someone doesnt want to buy a Wii. maybe they just want a console with 50 – 100 NES games on them?? maybe just maybe?

but no Nintendo wants everyone araba kiralama to buy the Wii. thats their excuse but thats not what copyright is supposed to protect. i am real sure that the makers of 10 yard fight were losing sleep because they were missing out on their $0.00025 worth because they didnt get royalties from this player. *smirk*

my question is, should Super Mario Bros. be banned from public domain forever? isnt 23 years enough time for Nintendo to have made their profits?

If you have followed the Steamboat Willie case regarding Mickey Mouse you can rest in your bed well at night knowing that the MOUSE will still be under copyright law, away from public domain after your great grandchildren are in nursing homes. That is beyond ridiculous dont you think??

Gallagher can araç kiralama say all he wants, but I strongly rent a car believe it’s due to his crappy leadership and E3 being a joke. ESA’s Board of Directors need to find a way to get out rent a car of this horrid contract with this Bush cronie before there’s no one left on the Board.

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing ttnet vitamin or little and need to start saving costs.

Now I don’t have to get off my ass for the important shit anymore!

Whats next, ordering pizza from Xbox live?

Wait… I think that sounds like a good idea.

3. Persian Gamer says:

oh, so people who play shooter games can be good shooters IRL? Do people who play FIFA can be a great Soccer player IRL?

Media………

lol wut

when will they stop judging us for the games we play? Them old people play PONG and now send young people to wars. woooooo000o0o0

4. Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

"Judge not, lest ye be judged." I think he misinterpreted it.

——————————————————————————————————–

I AM DOOMED TO HAUNT JACK THOMPSON’S DREAMS UNTIL HIS CRUSADE AGAINST VIDEO GAMES ENDS.

5. DexX ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

It makes me sad that people are dying in a stupid war based on lies, but anyone who puts himself in harm’s way for what he believes is just and right deserves respect, and should they die it is a tragic loss.

I think the war is wrong, but my argument is with politicians and their corporate bedfellows, not with the honest men and women actually over there doing the hard work.

Rest in peace soldier.  You will be remembered and grieved.

6. Anonymous says:

He has been IP banned for his horrific behavior – roughly 60 times. He’s hiding behind some sort of proxy to get around all those and continue the same gross professional misconduct that’s getting him permanently disbarred in a week.

JT has never really been in any good position to be calling anyone here a coward. Or a moron. Or a troll. Or an ambulance chaser. Or a necrophile. Or a thug. Or a child abuser. Or a fascist. Or a terrorist. Or an amoeba. Or a disease.

7. Benjamin Snow says:

If GP have comfrimed this is Jack Thompson, why they haven’t I.P. banned him yet?  Man I hope somebody show Jack’s attack the the Florida Bar.

8. Benjamin Snow says:

I to do not want to see a soul go to hell, but Jack Thompson is very close to sending his  soul to hell. Tell me Jack, tell me in what verse in the bible give us Chirstians the right to judge and hate?

9. sabin_blitz ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

You have our sincerest respect, Tan Quoc Ngo. You died in the line of duty and we remove our hats for you. His family will be in my prayers tonight.

And now on to one of the most misguided people I’ve ever met. Jack, I know this will probably fall on deaf ears, but I am hoping that at least some of it gets through. Read 1 John and meditate REAL long and hard on it. Examine your faith. True faith is made evident in what you do and what you say, and the things you’ve done and said do NOT back up your claim to faith. Jack, don’t wait until the eleventh hour to ask yourself if what you’ve been doing is pleasing to God. People who say they’ll change at the eleventh hour usually end up dying at 10:55, and then there will be no chance for repentance. I don’t want to see you suffer in Hell, Jack. It’s still not too late to examine your eternal fate and change course.

10. TheEdge says:

What a brave soul.He will be sorely missed by his fellow Americans.

Hey Jack,you make me feel embarrassed to be a Christian when you post on this site.I wish you would please go away.You justify Atheists beliefs that we Christians are all intolerant assholes(not all Atheists).

This is to the Atheists:do you guys and gals wish there was Hell for people like Jack?

11. Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

Excellent point, Matt. LEGENDARY Win!

——————————————————————————————————–

12. DavCube ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

No, this guy has the same habits as someone who was confirmed to be Thompson a few days ago. It’s him. He’s been attacking threads like this for years with the same rhetoric.

13. Paul T. Farinelli says:

JT, anyone who’s so self-righteous, so sure that they just cannot go to hell, is probably going there.

Secondly, you have no basis on which to claim Cho was a "gamer". First off, it’s been proven that he was a very anti-social person and had little to no "friends". Secondly, his hard drive being gone does not automatically equal "he’s a gamer". Thirdly, only one newspaper even reported that he played Counter Strike, and they quickly pulled the story after reportedly realizing it was false. And I’d believe them over a proven lier such as yourself any day of the week.

Also, I can tell you’re one of those "Christians" who believe they can automatically get into Heaven on a technicality, even if in every other aspect of their life they act like an asshole. That technicality being, that they go to church every sunday and claim to worship Jesus. "Oh, it’s okay that I’m a completely disdainful person and have no actual respect for human  life. It’s okay that I use the deaths of others as stepping stones in my quest to make everyone believe an perversion of the truth. BECAUSE I GO TO CHURCH AND STUFF."

Being a real Christian (protip: not you) involves being a decent person.

14. Kincyr says:

if that means what I think it means, then they won’t be using butter in Jack’s case.

岩「…Ace beats Jack」

15. Benjamin Snow says:

Here’s somebody that is actually a Chirstian and don’t use our Faith in Jesus to belittle and hurt others!

Jack, I think you might learn a thing or two fron this Chirstian, you know, the kind who don’t judge.  If you really are a Chirstian Jacl, you wouldn’t judge people just because of their lifestyle.

Jack, it’s people like you that give us Chirstians and Jesus a bad name.

-Benjamin Snow.

16. Alex says:

Piss off thompson you fuckwit, this is not the place for your grandstanding! You want to help kids and familys take a long walk off a short pier!!

17. Benjamin Snow ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

My gut feeling is telling me that somebody is posing as Jack Thompson just to make drama.  Either way, attacking and moacking the death of a solider who’ve served his nation so that others back at home can be free is sick and low.

Jack Thompson or not, you are sick.  It’s people like you who mock a solider and his or her family should be force into joing the armed forces and see what horrible and tramatic events they go through each day  they’re on the battlefield.

Jack, what have you done to serve your country?  Have you ever been on the armed forces or the battlefield?

18. Zaruka ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

i wish his famly well and im glad to know we have honorable men and women gamers in the millatare tho i dont agree why they are there i am glad they chose to go there even tho it may not be there chose to go for a war with not clear sight

and i swear jack if there is a place like hell i hope you go there for you acts have dishononer you seft and you  famly.

i have a oblagtion of my honor to stop you ranting from getting the main stream and the best way to do that is to disprove you at each turn.

Thanks very much

Zaruka

tick tock jackey boy.

19. CK20XX says:

I am.  Jesus is my sensei.  Since I formed an allegiance with him, he’s been taking me on an endless journey, teaching me the ancient art of love-fu.  I feel kinda like Ryu when I follow him.

You, however, are more like Akuma, or Dan Hibiki.

I know the reference is lost on you, so this is what I mean: no, you are not redeemed and saved in Christ.  The evidence of this is in your actions.  You refuse to treat anyone with love like He commands us to.  That just goes to show that when you first accepted Christ, you didn’t really mean it.

Here’s what the Bible says about that:

James 1:19-27

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.  Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves.  Do what it says.  Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.  But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it–he will be blessed in what he does.

If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight reign on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.  Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distressand to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Matthew (that’s even my real name!) 7:15-23

Watch out for false prophets.  They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.  By their fruit you will recognize them.  Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?  Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.  A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Not everyone who says to me "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in Heaven.  Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?"  Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew you.  Away from me, you evildoers!"

Your grace period has long expired.  It is time for you to be judged like you have judged so many others.

20. Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

"Enjoy purgatory. Not even Hell will take you."

After careful observation I have concluded that the irony in the above quote to be the source of this comment’s bulging supply of LEGENDARY Win. It is ironic because the Catholic Church recently abolished the idea of Purgatory. As a result, the above comment is LEGENDARY Win.

Congratulations, Kurisu. I find your lack of Fail intriguing. There is only Win.

——————————————————————————————————–

21. Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

I predict that Jack will call you and Dennis out on deleting his contact info.

To respond in advance… "Jack, don’t post your contact info. You’re just asking to be spammed."

——————————————————————————————————–

22. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

I’m pretty sure your god woudln’t want you fighting Falwell over the throne.

Oh, wait, he’s not there either.

23. Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

Yes, Dave. You do win.

——————————————————————————————————–

24. Bloodharp ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Jeez, i thought JT was bad enough for one memorial blog. And Im only a Catholic, but doesn’t speaking ill of the dead as well as cursing count as sins punishable by eternal damnation in the fires of Hell? And please, do us all a favor, dont, and i mean DONT, disgrace this article about the loss of a human life in the line of duty with your self-gratifying, mis-placed righteousness. I have to stop now because im just gonna start with the immature insults if i continue.

-Bloodharp

25. Anonymous says:

"Secondly, Cho of V-Tech obsessively played CounterStrike, and his high school classmates say so."

This early and erroneous point was retracted by the Post.  They, much like you, jumped at the bit to start pulling out this over used scapegoat out of the box.  But unlike you they had the integrity to renege on that point when it proved to be false.  If you weren’t so busy trying to protect child molesters you may have had time to read the official VTech report which shows that he had a passing interest in games a long time ago.  And the only game mentioned was the rather benign Sonic the Hedgehog.

"His computer hard drive at college was missing."

So what?  What does this prove?  Since the hard drive is missing saying that there are games on it is as much hearsay as saying that his hard drive also shows the location of big foot.

"Finally, as to the directive that I "go to hell."  First off, Hell is capitalized, as it’s a real place.  Secondly, I’m not going there.  I am redeemed and saved in Christ.  How about you?"

Being redeemed is not enough fool.  You are also expected to live in a fashion befitting of The Savior.  Protecting child molesters is not befitting.  Damning other troubled minds to commiting these horrific acts(not to mention their victims) by preventing them from getting the help they need for the MYRIAD OF CAUSES THAT CAUSE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, and instead focus on an innane scapegoat that you HAVE NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT.  That also is a ticket to your damnation.

"Thirdly, video games are used by the military to convince new soldiers that they can go into combat and pull the trigger."

And they also watch training movies.  Well guess we better ban all cinema then?  Military simulators and home consoles have a vast difference between them.  Well that and generally a gulf of millions of dollars as well.  Also, if you don’t have any evidence to this numbing effect via commercially avaliable games, then your point is moot.

"You don’t "get it" because you’re a zombie on this and other issues, as you’ve played so many violent games that your brain is fried.  Gee, what a surprise. "

Provide evidence that games have this effect or fuck off.

Just about a week left in your sad little career Jack.  But chin up.  The legal beating the Florida Bar is going to give you is going to be nothing compared to when you are roasting in Hell along with those troubled people you helped put there.

26. Kincyr says:

Anonymous Internet trolls?  That would be you, coward.  I sign my name.

Really? Your legal name is "ooooooooo"?

Hell is … a real place.

Then why is there no mention of it in the Old Testament?

I am redeemed and saved in Christ.  How about you?

Because you believe in christ? So did Dylan Klebold and Seung-Hui Cho. Just because you believe in christ doesn’t mean he will forgive you right off the bat.

the military doesn’t use home consoles and home consoles don’t use guns in which you can assemble, reload, or repair. You don’t "get it" because you’re a idiot, whose brain is fried by Abrahamic religions.

岩「…Ace beats Jack」

27. JustChris says:

The more you boast your Christianity, the more you really aren’t.

Hey, wait, if our brains our fried from all the violent gaming, why don’t we have the mindset of going into real combat to non-chalantly pull the trigger? You said it yourself, it works for civilians as well.

I guess that you picture a thousands of people camping by their video game TVs, unbeknownst to them, training to cause anarchy. We have yet to see sizeable real-life results of the damage caused by the civilian "training". Please don’t back up your future statements with scientific experiments.

You’re paranoid, Jack. You keep clinging on to Murphy’s Law for dear life, but real-life results trump all the scientific ones.

28. DavCube ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I sign my name too. Do i win?

Nobody even knew who the hell the shooter was before you ASSUMED it was Counter-Strike. You can’t PROVE that he ever even owned it. When there is no evidence, you can’t say you have fullproof smoking guns.

And finally, no. Video games are NOT used for that purpose. They don’t have PS3 and 360 units hooked up in boot camps, or whatever. The military uses technology that is several times more advanced than anything that commercial video game systems have ever produced. THE MILITARY uses virtual reality simulators where YOU, not just an onscreen model, actually mimic movements that you need to do in combat situations. THAT is virtual reality. VIDEO GAMES have you pressing little buttons on 5-inch pieces of plastic. THAT is not virtual reality.

We know this because we actually know what makes the systems. YOU DO NOT. Why? Because you DON’T do research. You DON’T care about children. You DON’T care about anyone but your precious little attorney’s lisence. And THAT will be gone in a week because of your incessant, infantile lies. Nothing that gamers have ever done.

Sincerely,
    David "DavCube" Gagnon
    Sane Human Being (And You’re NOT)

29. nightwng2000 says:

1.  Yes, I believe we’ve already been over this bit about your desire to place others, including children (even your own) in harm’s way by publicizing, and demanding others do the same, personal information over the internet.  Prior news stories show the harm in doing so.  So it is not a speculation or theory that harm can come from making personal information freely available over the internet.

2.  Actually, proper research shows a far more complex issue regarding Cho.  From social difficulties during his earliest ages, to failures by the state to ensure he sought help, to other difficulties in college, including what apparently were differences in cultural (including literary) preceptions.  I’d also like to remind others, since you, John Bruce, are having memory failures, that it was in fact YOU, John Bruce, who sought to be paid for making appearances such as the offer to NIU after that shooting as well as the suggestion that you be paid for a proposed debate with Jason Della Rocca.  Indeed, you have made numerous PAID appearances spreading your misinformation, lies, and deceit regarding the issue of video games and your Anti-First Amendment beliefs.

Your listed 3.  And religious organizations train and brainwash kids to go out and verbally, mentally, physically, and/or sexually assault other children that don’t succumb to the beliefs of those religious organizations.  I believe YOU, yourself, have expressed violent religious statements which could very well have been linked to various criminal acts by others who may have heard or read your mentally molesting violent religious comments.

Your listed "Finally", 4. Not everyone believes the same religious dogma that you do.  Even those who are Christian do not believe exactly the same things as you do.  Whether Hell/hell exists or not is irrelevant, John Bruce.  The garbage you spew, the bigotry, the hate, the ignorance, the lies (and they have been enumerated many times), the deceit you commit, all this and more, are clear signs that you, in fact, do NOT worship a true, honorable, ethical, intelligent God and that what you really worship is a Demon-Pretender-To-The-Throne-Of-Heaven.  And whether you deny it or not is also irrelevant.  Your own statements and actions prove that what I’ve said is true.  "Saved in Christ"?  More like the subjegated minion of every demon of Hell/hell.

Nightwng2000

NW2K Software

Nightwng2000 has also updated his MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/nightwing2000 Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as http://groups.myspace.com/pfenl

30. gs2005 says:

The USCG, one of the 5 armed services, does not "use video games to convince new soldiers that they can go into combat and pull the trigger", as you so fictionalize, like everything else you do.  I work for them.  You don’t.  However, you are entitled to your fantasies…but reality is far different.

31. Jackalman says:

First of all, Mr. Thompson, I sincerely apologize for my spelling.

Secondly, you are going to Hell (satisfied?) for your unbound narcissism and crimes against free tought, public decency and America.

Obviously, I need not go further, the kind ladies and gentlemen here will be more than happy to destroy your argument.

James DuBois.

32. sortableturnip says:

If you were to look up Internet Troll in the dictionary, it has a picture of you next to it, Jack.

Secondly, Cho did not play counterstrike.  It was a rumor that you made up.

Finally, you will go to Hell, Jack.  No matter how much you convince yourself otherwise.

Thirdly, this should go before finally.  Another grammatical error by ole’ JT.  Why don’t you blame Dennis for this one.

33. Beacon80 says:

Point of interest, Jack, the "Anonymous Internet trolls" comment wasn’t even directed at you.  It was directed at the anonymous poster who was arguing that dying in the line of duty isn’t heroic.  If you had taken half a second, you would have realized that, but you’re far too narcisistic to think any of our insults aren’t aimed at you, aren’t you?

Beacon80 (who’s not dumb enough to post his real name on a public forum)

P.S. You’re still a troll, just not an anonymous one.

34. E. Zachary Knight says:

Where to start, where to start. How bout from the beginning:

Anonymous Internet trolls?  That would be you, coward.  I sign my name.

Anonymous or not, you are still a troll. Also, you do not have the guts to respond like that to those of us who use our real name. You also don’t have the guts to answer a simple serious question about why you feel parents are so powerless to control the media that enters their home. Also, I sign my name and a myriad of ways to contact me. So who is the bigger coward.

Secondly, Cho of V-Tech obsessively played CounterStrike, and his high school classmates say so.  His computer hard drive at college was missing.  Nice try.  I’m out here trying to prevent similar massacres, and Dennis McCauley is sitting at his ECA-paid for desk trying to make money from the massacres.

According to one retracted paragraph from the Washington Post and your incoherant ramblings. The official report performed by the authorities found no such connection. The absense of the hard drive is not proof that you are right. It just means that there are questions without answers.

Next, you are the one trying to sue the game industry into oblivion. Don’t tell me that you would not be requiring the lawyer’s cut from the winning.

For all the work you do to prevent masacres, you sure have narrowed your efforts to almost meaningless. According to the secret service, violent media falls far down to the bottom of the list of factors in violent crime. Why do you put it at the top?

Finally comes at the end of a sequence, not second to last. Also, being redeemed of Christ is not a free ticket to being a jackass.

Video games are used by the military to build an interest in young men and women in military service. Once they are in service, video games are not a part of the training program. Fire real firearms is a part. Taking part in simulated battles with near perfect replica weapons is a part of the traing. But video games are far from it.

There are no scientific studies that show that video games train people to act violently. Believe what you want about your mythical Harvard Brain Scan Study. The data does not support you.

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/okceca
    Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325674091

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

35. BlackIce says:

1. We don’t start shit like this. We’ve never soiled the name of a dead serviceman.

2. I seem to remember his classmates saying that he didn’t play videogames – unlike most students. Also, can you prove that his harddrive was missing? If you can, and you may be able to – i’m not aware of whether it is or isn’t accounted for, can you prove specifically what was on it.

3. Proof that Hell (as described in Biblical Texts) is real, please? And you’ve just admitted to what is considered Heresy. To claim to be in God’s favour is considered Blasphemy.

4. I fired a Rifle before I picked up a Dualshock. Although it may be the other way around for many current soldiers, any single one you ask will tell you that videogames are not used. Furthermore, you have time and again failed to produce any evidence to back up your claims. You are (for the time being) a lawyer. Surely they taught you in Law School that you need evidence? Consider a new career reporting for FOX News. They like you well enough.

And out of interest, didn’t you buy GTA IV? The sum of all evil? What a joke.

~You Could Be Mine, But You’re Way Out Of Line..~

36. Anonymous says:

Once again, you using a thread like this to troll and further your own agenda is sick and twisted beyond even what I thought you were capable of.  Until now, you at least showed some respect for the US military, where did that go?

37. Dog Welder says:

Jack,

Once again, I say you are nothing but a blight on mankind.  Please die in a fire.

To your points:

1) Cho played Sonic the Hedgehog.  All reports that he played Counterstrike were removed from the news source you keep citing.

2) Those who are Christian should at least make an attempt to act like it.  You do not.  The fact that you relish and chase after these massacres is only one part of the proof.  So don’t give me that high and mighty bullshit.

3) Jack correcting grammar and spelling.  That is a fucking laugh.

4) The military does NOT use video games to desensitize soldiers.  They have other methods to do so, and this has been debunked numerous times.

Enjoy the unemployment line, asshole.

38. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

Hell, why can’t I handle raw beef without feeling a little sick?

39. Afirejar says:

First off, Hell is capitalized, as it’s a real place.

You just can’t make this stuff up.

And Jack – you do realize, that V-Tech is not a high school, do you?

40. ooooooooo says:

Dear Dog Welder,

Anonymous Internet trolls?  That would be you, coward.  I sign my name.

Thirdly, video games are used by the military to convince new soldiers that they can go into combat and pull the trigger.  The same works in the civilian population.  So the military that trained this hero is also training you to disdain human life and pull the trigger.  You don’t "get it" because you’re a zombie on this and other issues, as you’ve played so many violent games that your brain is fried.  Gee, what a surprise.  Jack Thompson

41. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

Don’t forget, Thompson has turned down every appearance where he wouldn’t have been paid.

42. Anonymous says:

That same argument can be said for those we are fighting against. They are fighitng for their country from being attacked by Americans

43. Anonymous says:

yes anyone who take up arms to defend their country, just like how the Iraqis who took up arms to defend their country from the American Invasion. They must be heros as well

44. KayleL says:

Every article about a soldier that died has to be ruined by you. It’s quite hypocritical of you since you push you agenda all the time, on the most watch television show today, repeatedly.

45. Trevor McGee says:

Hey douchebag, why is it okay for you to mention that someone played video games if they’ve done something wrong but not okay to mention that a person considered a hero played video games? In fact, as we’ve seen with you many times, you’ll claim a video game connection despite people having not been gamers (i.e. Seung-Hui Cho). It’s always a one way street with you, you’re an asshole.

46. BlackIce says:

I’ve never seen you serving your country like he man did. You’re full of shit Jack. Fuck off.

@Dennis

I’m aware that you probably don’t want to make more of these posts, but what about the Brits who fell fighting alongside the Yanks? We lose men and gamers too.

~You Could Be Mine, But You’re Way Out Of Line..~

47. Anonymous says:

After that post JT, you had better hope that you NEVER meet this soldier’s family.

No jury would convict them for what they would do to you, sir.

48. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

Also, I dare you, I FUCKING DARE YOU to go to this man’s family and tell them what you just said  here.

Hell, I dare you to say it to a bunch of young soldiers (in fact some might post here) Of course you won’t, hypocrite, hiding behind the internet.

All you are is Fred Phelps but with a blind hatred of gamers instead of homosexuals.

49. gs2005 says:

As a casual gamer who is glad to be employed as a civilian in the USCG helping soldiers, your comment is a disservice to officers and enlisted personnel who enjoy the GTA series as a form of mainstream entertainment.

Go back to your piss-poor attempts at massacre chasing on a medium who accepts you like Faux News, since your legal career is a debacle.

50. Dog Welder says:

Jack,

Your sick comment here was horribly predictable.  I don’t recall Dennis celebrating on the grave of Steve Chaykin or any of the massacres you hear about on TV and rallly to an anti-video game cause before the corpses are even cold.  How does it feel, Jack, knowing that if you died in a fire tomorrow that not only would you not be remembered, that probably only a scant handful of people would actually give a damn?

The soldiers dying over in Afghanistan, avid video game players or otherwise, are doing something far more honorable than you have ever done in your cretinous, miserable life.

51. Attack_Gypsy says:

Mr. Thompson,

You have now sunk to a new low.

Not much time left. Just remember "Would you like fries with that", and you’ll be fine.

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~ Benjamin Franklin

52. DavCube ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Dear Mr. Thompson.

We’re not worshipping his gaming. We’re not bummed because there’s one less person to play online against. Stop saying that’s what we’re doing and use your eyes to read things other than ‘GTA’ ‘Video games’ ‘violence’ and your own damn name.

He’s trying to TRIVIALIZE it? Sir, if he didn’t post this here, i wouldn’t have even known that this hero even existed to honor his memory in the first place, you shallow-minded prick. How in God’s name is THAT trivial?

David "DavCube" Gagnon, Sane Human Being, and You’re NOT.

PS:

Literacy: 50,000
    Thompson: GOOSE EGG

53. jdecamp says:

Dear Jack,

You aren’t trying to stop a god damned thing except your impending disbarment. Enjoy forced retirement, asshole.

54. ThatTearsIt says:

The use of this hero’s grave as a toilet is yet another new low that shares the depravity of Jack Thompson’s daily activities. He is trying to let mass murderers and child abusers run free while lying through his anus about game developers being the prime cause of such atrocities. Thompson is trivializing this man’s death and in doing so promotes his inbred fascist luddite death cult’s sick and illegal agenda. Shameful.

55. E. Zachary Knight says:

We aren’t the ones who trivialize child abuse and the victims of masacres such as V-tech and Columbine to further our agenda.

We are trying to honor the memory of a soldier who died risking his life to better others. We are not holding murderers and pshychos up as victims as you do.

Why don’t you stop raping the membories of the deceased for your own agenda?

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/okceca
    Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325674091

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

56. Erik ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

If you are trying to prevent school and other killings then why do you overlook so blatant causes of these killings in lieu of something that promotes your agenda?  Like Cho’s mental illness or Cody Posey being sexually assaulted.  Why do you support video legislation of countries like Thailand whose major crime problems come from the sexual slavery of children and not video games?

If you wanted to try and prevent school shootings as you say you would make an attempt to focus on ALL of the factors.  But no, instead you only clamp onto one pitiful point which you have  yet to be able to prove.  You were gloating over the corpses of the dead in VT before the name of the killer was even known.  The use of those still warm victims to support your sick, anti-constitutional agenda is beyond anything you have ever claimed Dennis to do.

Now go fly to Thailand you sick fuck.  Don’t worry, the kids there are too busy being raped to view the supposed, and yet unproven by you, "pornographic video game material."

Asshole.

57. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

We weren’t the ones on TV not even a day after the Vtech shooting declaring the shooter was a video game player.

The shooter wasn’t even identified yet. What does this say about you, Mr I-happily-piss-on-people’s-graves-because-it-makes-me-feel-superior.

Enjoy purgatory. Not even Hell will take you.

58. Gamer And You're Not says:

What is truly shameful, sir, is how you use the sacrifice of a heroic soldier to demonstrate your disdain and perceived superiority.

Think on this, sir.

59. qqqqqqqqqqq says:

The use by this site of this hero’s death to promote the sale of adult video games to kids is a new low that eclipses in its depravity what I am even accused of doing.   I am trying to stop school and other massacres.  Dennis McCauley is attempting to trivialize this man’s death and in doing so promote ECA’s sick and illegal agenda.  Shameful.  Jack Thompson

60. gamepolitics says:

You know, I  would have no objection to that as long as I can verify that they were gamers. Of course, most 20-year-old young men are, but there has to be some kind of documentation. I have written about British soldiers and gaming in the past, but I don’t believe in terms of a memorial.

I normally get these from automated google news searches, but this one was sent in by a reader.

61. Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

You have no idea, Mike. I get Facepalm visions from Him every time I read JT’s posts.

——————————————————————————————————–

62. Cheese Nips ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

It’s a sad day when someone can just piss on another’s grave without remourse…

Jack, if there is a God, you are most certianly not saved by him.

Michael Muhleck, Sane gamer

63. Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

We appreciate your words, Jim. Have fun.

——————————————————————————————————–

64. Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

"…you are nothing but a blight on mankind."

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles FTW!

—————————————————————————

Jack,

Someone above this said that if you were indeed redeemed and saved in Christ then it got erased. Both myself and "Locnil" go to church and we are shocked, appalled, you name it, we felt it when these incidents happened. We’re both gamers, so is T.O.S. We all are in pain when this shit happens, and it’s people like you that really piss us off.

Shadow Darkman and "Locnil Fignirf" – Sane Human Beings, And You Are Not.

P.S. If you are indeed human, then we are all above humanity, but just don’t realize it. -SD and "LF"

——————————————————————————————————–

65. DarkTetsuya says:

How can we be sure it’s really him? I thought he just ignores everyone’s posts proving him wrong (which is to say, within minutes of him hitting ‘submit’ on his latest spam filing)

— "Jack and listen are two words that don’t go together…just like Jack and sanity, Jack and truth, Jack and proof, Jack and win…" — sortableturnip | http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/

66. DarkTetsuya says:

Unfortunately those who truly deserve it never get theirs, so I don’t see that happening. (The Bar might help us out soon, though.)

Besides, with his behavior isn’t that why most gamer nerds would push him into the path of said oncoming SUV? (Hypothetically speaking, obviously…)

67. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

Oh he’s done thise before, on EVERY article honoring every soldier who lsot their life and just happened to be a game.

I’m willing to bet that if a teen pulled Thompson out of danger of beign run over by an SUV, he’d do his damn hardest to have the "gamer nerd" arrested for assault.

68. Zevorick says:

"Thompson, if you’ve been so right all this time then why haven’t i heard about another school shooting in months?"

Because Doom 4 hasn’t come out yet

"How come I can’t even watch CSI without feeling a little sick at watchign the autopsy parts?"

Becaue you haven’t played enough Trauma Center

"Hell, why can’t I handle raw beef without feeling a little sick?"

Because you don’t have "cookin’ with mama"

"According to you I should show no remorse when I step on my cat’s foot, yet I do every single time and apologize to the little guy."

Play more nintendogs, then we’ll see who has remorse!

"Also ,you refuse to name your source when you claim Cho played Counter Streek obsessively, not to mention, if he did in high school, why did it take years for hjim to commit a violent act?"

His source is… is… ah hell that’s not important. Little things like facts, logic, and ETHICS just tend to get in the way

"Finally ,being a "Christian" DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU DO!!! IF YOU WERE SAVED, GUESS WHAT, YOU ERASED IT!!!!"

Sure it does! I belive it is somewhere in Leviticus…or was that the book of Paul…. maybe Simon… theodore maybe?

Sarcasm aside, this just goes to show how terrible a lawyer JT was even in his "prime". there is no logic at all to his arguments, and they are filled with generalizations, and bastardizations of logic that just make it too difficult to take him seriously. After yesterday, I’m finding it more and more difficult to think of his name without chuckling, feeling simultaneous pitty for his family, and then chuckling at him again.

69. scribe999 says:

Just to clarify, the quote was from the Washington Post online:

Several Korean youths who knew Cho Seung Hui from his high school days said he was a fan of violent video games, particularly Counterstrike, a hugely popular online game, in which players join terrorism or counterterrorism groups and try to shoot each other…

It was subsequently removed as its hardly newsworthy that he played this game years before the incident being that Cho was a senior. More frequently, during his college years, it appears he used his computer almost exclusively for writing his disturbed fantasies and rantings.

The phrase "obsessively played" should be noted as an editorial comment inserted by Mr. Thompson and not supported by the article or any facts ascertained in a rudimentary Internet search. Joystiq.com spoke with the Washington Post staff writer, David Cho, regarding that snippet removed from the story:

Cho said the information was based on talks with some high school acquaintances of Hui’s who occasionally saw him playing at an cyber cafe during his high school days.

This does not appear to be a description that warrants the inflammatory term "obsessively played", nor is it very reliable point coming from admitted "acquaintances" who "occasionally" saw Cho Seung Hui playing in a public space. Eyewitness testimony, particularly years after the fact, is considered pretty unreliable.

70. Wyvern says:

While I don’t believe that what the soldiers are doing is either defending their country nor even particularly necessary, I feel that anyone who believes in something enough to actually go out and place themselves in harms way in order to defend that belief, is hero to me.

71. Jackalman says:

This man was a hero, just the fact that he had the cojones to defend what this country stands for, no matter how absurd it may seem to people like you, the fact that he fought considering he was doing it so that people like us can do stuff like this makes him a hero

Grow some patriotism

72. Afirejar says:

PFC Tan Quoc Ngo chose to defend his country, and that is commendable. If you want to protest the war, those who fight it are the wrong targets. Take it to those who have them fight.

73. Dog Welder says:

Frankly, anyone who opts to take up arms and defend his or her country is a hero.  It is a tragedy that he’s dead, but it was his decision to put his life on the line.

That’s far better than anonymous internet trolls.

74. InsidiousMrMoo says:

Why is he a hero?? Because he was out there fighting for his country that is why he was a hero. Not everyone can get up in the morning and decide to up and defend their country, like the war or not we have men and women over there fighting for us and I think we should all honor them.

Like it or not America acted to being attacked, and I for one would rather take the fight to them than sit back and wait for them to plan another one against us. God bless the troops, and god rest the soul of this solider.

75. Anonymous says:

Why is this guy a hero?  Getting killed doesn’t make a person a hero, nor does getting killed in action as a soldier.  This man’s death is tragic, not heroic.  The more we misuse words like ‘hero’ to glorify the stupidity that is war, the more people will die needlessly for our government’s stupidity.

76. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

Along with his integrity, his sense of decency, his morality, his common sense, everything he learned in law school, his honesty…..

77. TBoneTony ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

It is great for GP to honor the names of people who play Videogames who also give their life to serve their country.

Not only they battle simulated wars in Videogames and have a good time, but they also battle real wars in real life and also witness the full horror first hand.

They die, and it is Game Over with no continues…

A sad fact of life that is.

Also the less said about JT, the better.

78. Jackalman says:

My deepest respects to this hero and his family, and may his memory be kept with honor

Jack Thompson, go to hell

79. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

He’d likely endorse and partake in that activity, giving his past actions of trying to get a sexual abuser acquited and trying to help said abuser score some cash.

80. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

ANother person giving his life to protect the freedoms many take for granted, and some are trying to have removed

And before the day is out a lawyer who is out to have those freedoms removed will piss on this man’s grave.

It’s a sad world we live in, where one will fight and die to protect a freedom while some suit who has never touched a firearm will happily remove that freedom in the name of "safety"

Comments are closed.