Polar Palin: First Sarah Palin Game Has Landed

On Tuesday GamePolitics took note of the release of a Sarah Palin action figure and wondered how long it would take for a Palin-based game to hit the web.

Answer: Three days.

Today, U.K.-based T-Enterprise has unveiled Polar Palin.

In the game the player controls a dynamite-equipped polar bear who attempts to blow up Palin-driven "campaign tanks" as well as oil rigs.

What’s it all about? Here is the explanation given on the game site:

The U.S. recently classified the Alaskan polar bear as a threatened species because of the destruction of its natural habitat. It is predicted that the population of bears could be reduced by two-thirds by the year 2050 due to pollution and global warming.

The state of Alaska, led by Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, is to sue the U.S. interior secretary to reverse the decision amid fears that it will hinder oil and gas development.

j0k3r says:

Thanks good job;

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing travesti or little and need to start saving costs. and dizi izle

Now I don’t have to get off my ass for the important shit anymore!

Whats next, ordering pizza from Xbox live?

Wait… I think that sounds like a good idea.

But I think voting should MAKE you get off your ass, and see outside or a second while you go vote. I mean, your picking the president of the United States of America for God’s Sake… least you can do is drive down there and punch out a card.

oto kirlama says:

Gallagher can araç kiralama say all he wants, but I strongly rent a car believe it’s due to his crappy leadership and E3 being a joke. ESA’s Board of Directors need to find a way to get out rent a car of this horrid contract with this Bush cronie before there’s no one left on the Board.

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing ttnet vitamin or little and need to start saving costs.

ankaranakliyat133 says:

very nice sites.good.

Basically, the way things are going. Will be ankara nakliyat nice too bee ankara evden eve nakliyat bu sekildeki yerle evden eve nakliyat yapmaları icin evden eve nakliyat sizlerde bu tip çalışma yapmak isterseniz ankara nakliyat başvurabilirsniz. Saç ekimi olması gereken lazer epilasyon ve bububn yanısıra merkezde burun estetiği olmak yanıbasında saç ekimi olması gereken sizlerde saç ekimi  saç ekimi merkezleri ankara evden eve yapmakla beraber.Tüp bebek merkezleri olmakla beraber …

very nice sites.good.very nice sites.good.

Anonymous says:

Aaaand cue a internet neo-con or libertarian saying that gamepolitics is biased, that polar bears aren’t endangered, and maybe throwing in a self-righteous ”global warming isn’t real you are all sheep” for good measure.

gs2005 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Palin is a religious nut job, that’s for sure.  I was planning on voting for Bob Barr, but this woman does not deserve to be second-in-command.  A christian fundamentalist is as dangerous as any other kind of fundamentalist, and so while I hate "protest votes" that may be exactly what I will do this November.

black manta says:

I saw her interview with Charles Gibson last night.  The woman seriously scares the hell out of me now.  Not only did she strike me as another ultra-conservative, ultra-religious whackjob, but she also seemed to have no concept of Mutually Assured Destruction given her comments on Russia and Iran.  If there was any more glaring and incontrovertible proof of her lack of foreign policy experience, there it was.  Nothing like a VP candidate who wants to start World War III. >_<

She also reminded me of JT in the way she spoke about her faith with that same degree of intensity and moral certitude.  She may not have a track recrod on video games yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she came down hard on them and aggressively pushed for legislation in the wake of the next cultural outrage.  I also had the feeling that if Jack ever got her ear, he’d find a willing and appreciative audience.  So just pray she doesn’t get elected with McCain.  Biden may not be perfect either, but compared to her I think he’d be a lot more sensible.

Anonymous says:

Throwing your vote away is a vote for the republican canidate, and you think otherwise on the VP choice… Well, go figure. You and the rest of the protest voters cause candiates like Bush to become president.

Michael Chandra ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

You mean the trees that are getting cut like mad at the rain forests? I’m not going to throw some big argument around but if ‘we’ ‘released’ a lot of CO2 that was stored by nature, that would mean the amount going into the atmosphere may be far bigger than normal.

It’s not as if a rising temperature is a problem. It’s a rapid change that probably is a problem, not giving species the time to adapt slowly and/or migrate.

Anonymous says:

And as technology increases so does the ability to rely on "clean" sources of energy.  Coal power plants now use catalytic converters to take many of the harmful byproducts and reduce them to carbon dioxide.  Nuclear energy has very little in terms of emissions and has suffered a bad rap from issues three decades ago.  Wind power is not always feasible, hydro-electric plants affect river flow which is something to be considered, solar power can be fickle.  Geothermal is a cool idea and will hopefully find more acceptance throughout the power grid.

As for the global warming debate, I think a lot of it is alarmism at its worst and that past temperature changes have proven that any affect mankind has on it is minimal at best.  In the last warm period (I think it was around 1400s or so) saw a flourishing of populations as there was more food.  Hell, even Greenland was able to support a decent population.

Also, if carbon dioxide is truly as dangerous as some "experts," a term I use loosely, believe then it must completely suck to be a carbon-based lifeform that expels carbon dioxide as a natural byproduct of living.  If it’s such an issue, plant a tree.

chadachada(123) ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Solar and wind power is impractical/impossible in some areas, but in the areas where it works, it’s fantastic. Geothermal is even better in the right areas, and would be the best overall in my opinion, and then after geothermal I think nuclear is the way to go. I don’t really consider the waste issue to be a very big problem, there are lots of places to store radioactive material, if we weren’t so closed-minded. I don’t think global warming is any reason to use less oil/coal, but we simply need to get rid of our dependancy on foreign oil, and quit ruining ecosystems with strip mining

Anonymous ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

@black – I am with you there man…  She scares the hell out of me too…

@Anon – I am pretty sure those statistics are correct, but now since they are over populated given the area they have to live in, they are starting to die off in record numbers due to low source of food.  So the eco/global warming people are saying that them dieing off in record numbers is due to global warming, when they just got over populated pretty much.

Personally…  I definitely don’t believe in global warming caused BY humans, in the terms that it will destroy the Earth, while I believe we have an effect, it isnt as much as some of these people like to say.  In the long run solar and wind power is so much cheaper that there is no excuse for why not to switch to it, especially when our power grids were not built for the amount of power they handle, and there isn’t a good way to build them to handle that much power.  So it just seems stupid NOT to switch over.

Are'el says:

There used to be a lot less Polar Bears, because there was unresticted hunting on them.  For the last few decades, only the native Inuits can hunt them.  There are estimated to be about 20,000 – 25,000 total, but with their ice melting they’re already having a hard time finding good places to hunt.  It won’t be long before they clash with human towns frequently.

I believe that glabal warming is real.  I also believe it’s part of a regular cycle that Earth goes through, warming and cooling.  To be sure, humans have sped up this current cycle, though aren’t the origins of it.  We do need to do something about it.  Even if you don’t give a damn about Polar Bears and other species in the environment, you probably care about yourself and other people.  The effects of global warming are going to have a major effect on coastal cities, cause famine around the world, and generally be incredibly expensive to adjust our entire society to the changes our Earth goes through.  You think the economy sucks now?  Just wait.

And for the love of god, yes!  Gov. Palin is very scary as a potential leader of the nation.  I cannot believe it took the interview to show that, when her past stances on the issues have been blaring out of every television and new site.

Even more scary are the supporters of Palin, the people who stand there and listen to her, and then cry for joy at having a "female canidate they can relate to."  I may not have liked Hillary Clinton, but at least I respected her.  Just remember, if McCain ever forgot his sunscreen while standing near an open window, he’d spontaneouly cumbust with melanoma, and she’d be President.

Nekowolf ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

"liberal bull!"

Conservative cow. I dunno, just wanted to say that for some reason. I tried thinking of a better response, but, eh, nothing came to mind atm.

Mmm, I could use a Government Burger. Partisan beef, grilled over a fire of oil and cash, with secret sause made from the tears of children, topped with chemically-enhanced vegetables and steroid cheese. It tastes like family morals, for that down-home flavor!

Yeah, I’ll stop now.

Anonymous ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I’m sorry? I have heard that in 1998 there were aprox 5000 polar bears, now 10 years later theres well 25,000. and theyer now endangered????? liberal bull!

E. Zachary Knight says:

No, they are THREATENED. Meaning they have the possibility to become endangered. If you are correct in your figures, that would mean that in 98 they were endangered and now not so much.

E. Zachary Knight