Activision Blizzard’s Top Dog Blows Kisses to GTA’s Houser Bros.

As GamePolitics reported earlier this week, Take-Two Interactive’s deal with Grand Theft Auto creators Sam and Dan Houser expires in February.

The brothers’ free agent status is likely to produce a bidding war for their services, and Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick may have engaged in some advance recruiting, according to Silicon Valley Insider:

A second after telling Goldman Sachs’ Mark Wienkes at the company’s investor conference today that he couldn’t talk about the co-creators of the hit [GTA] franchise, Kotick had this to say:

We (Activision) really embrace the individual studio model. We know how to take studios and talented teams and appropriately incentivize them. We’ve definitely become the destination location for independently minded entrepreneurial talent.

Translation: Housers, come work for us

29 comments

1. desperad0 says:

Thanks good job;

Btw, I think Atari and Midway will drop out too, but mostly travesti because  these guys have done nothing travesti or little and need to start saving costs. and dizi izle

Now I don’t have to get off my ass for the important shit anymore!

Whats next, ordering pizza from Xbox live?

Wait… I think that sounds like a good idea.

But I think voting should MAKE you get off your ass, and see outside or a second while you go vote. I mean, your picking the president of the United States of America for God’s Sake… least you can do is drive down there and punch out a card.

2. oto kirlama says:

I’m all for freedom of ttnet vitamin speech and allowing rent a car game makers to put whatever they want in games, but there’s one thing about this app that has me scratching my head.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but from araç kiralama the previous article araba kiralama on this I gathered that players can use Google maps in-game to find the other (real-life?) dealers in their area.  If this is the case, has travesti anyone considered what’s stopping someone from using this app to actually move drugs between hands for reals?

But majority araba kiralama of their outrage araç kiralama stems from what it could DO TO children, not the content itself.  Talk to one of these people and you’ll find they don’t think any books kiralık araba should be banned from children.  Mention American Psycho and they talk about kiralık araç the redeeming value of using imagination to construct a story.  Reading, no matter what the content, is largely viewed as a consequenceless activity for people of any age.  The reason why I mention American Psycho is because of the content itself.  Gaming never has and likely never will have any scenes where someone has sex with a severed head.  Not gonna happen.  Yet despite this, they’ll fight tooth and nail to protect their children from two boys kissing in Bully but whatever they read is harmless… yeah.

The entire arguement is kiralık oto based upon a social normality inflicted by luddites who can’t figure out the controls for Halo so it’s frightening and terrifying and obviously the cause of youth violence on the rise even though, in reality, it’s in decline (which is actually a HUGE suprise given minibüs kiralama the economies status).  In  a perfect world, we would have parents that actually parent.  The idea of sales restrictions on media on oto kiralama any form to accomidate parental unwillingness to get involved with their child’s life is the real problem to me.  Here I am, 32 years old, and being held up at a self-scan rent a car needing to show ID before I can buy a $10 M rated game all because Soccer Momthra can’t be bothered to look at the crap Billy Genericallystupidson does in his free time.  It’s too hard for her, so I have to suffer?

3. Anonymous says:

Don’t do it Houser’s, If you go to Activision instead of EA, instead of having a probeble annual franchise contract from EA, you will have a DEFINATE annual contract with Activison. They take whatever sells 8 million copies and spin it out into a yearly franchise. Tiffany JewelleryDont belive me? go to EA or Sony might just release it as a PS3 exclusive. Either would be ok with me. Brutal Legands I thought was going to go to MTV  gamesLook at  Tiffany Jewellery Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, Call of Duty. I think the Houser’s should opt for a EA partners program where they have full control over the game, the only thing is that EA publishes them. Other then that MTV would make a fine publisher but I don’t think they do retail as they also rely on EA. Atari could work if the weather is right so is Ubisoft. But if I were the Houser’s shopping for a 3rd party publisher I would go to EA for the partners program so I could stay independent while the second biggest publisher helps put my games on stores. Either that go first party.

4. Cozmo says:

The only game that I heard that has found a publisher is F.E.A.R. But the others are still up in the air. Ghostbuster I just heard might either go to EA or Sony might just release it as a PS3 exclusive. Either would be ok with me. Brutal Legands I thought was going to go to MTV games, but word is that they decided not to go with it and that that might also go to EA. It still pisses me off to all hell that Activision dropped games that will most likely be gaurenteed gold. Bunch of idiots

5. Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

Jack, four words. Ess. Tea. Eff. You.

——————————————————————————————————–

I AM DOOMED TO HAUNT JACK THOMPSON’S DREAMS UNTIL HIS CRUSADE AGAINST VIDEO GAMES ENDS.

6. HarmlessBunny says:

From what I understand Ghostbusters hasn’t been dropped. It is still in development and still will be released. Just not the Fall 08 we were originally told.

7. Cozmo says:

Activision doesen’t know their ass from a hole in the ground. Just look at the way they took over Sierra and suddenly dropped high profile games like Brutal Legend and Ghostbusters.

8. Insanejedi says:

I know It seens like I have been trucking the EA fanboy bandwagon so far but no. Don’t do it Houser’s, If you go to Activision instead of EA, instead of having a probeble annual franchise contract from EA, you will have a DEFINATE annual contract with Activison. They take whatever sells 8 million copies and spin it out into a yearly franchise. Dont belive me? Look at Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, Call of Duty. I think the Houser’s should opt for a EA partners program where they have full control over the game, the only thing is that EA publishes them. Other then that MTV would make a fine publisher but I don’t think they do retail as they also rely on EA. Atari could work if the weather is right so is Ubisoft. But if I were the Houser’s shopping for a 3rd party publisher I would go to EA for the partners program so I could stay independent while the second biggest publisher helps put my games on stores. Either that go first party.

9. Haggard says:

Here’s two responses for you. Pick whichever one you feel is justified in the context.

a) fake, just as bad as people who pretend to be JT.

b) you make great games man, hurry up on the PC ports though.

10. Erik ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Or, you know, there is the possibility that Mr. Zelnick didn’t want to get bought out and succeeded in keeping EA at bay.

11. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

No, actually, you didn ‘t see it coming.

I think you sold it because you had it in your tiny brain that if you sold your share it would start some kidn of landslide.

It didn’t and now you’re all "Oh I knew this was going to happen" to cover your own ass.

12. HarmlessBunny says:

Meh go ahead and cheer Jack. At least Take Two is doing better than you are 🙂

Go play a disbarment simulator and get real good at it…wait you have? Oh oops it wasn’t a simulator, huh? Well…I hear Best Buy is hiring! 🙂

13. sortableturnip says:

Maybe you can explain to your family just how you managed to lose your license to practice law permanently when they were willing to suspend you for just 90 days…

14. DavCube (not logged in) ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

I know this may be asking too much for an ego of your size, but read the article first. The Houser brothers haven’t responded yet in any way shape or form.

ie: You’re jumping the gun. AGAIN. How many legal double-faults is that now?

David "DavCube" Gagnon, Literate, and You’re Not.

15. hayabusa75 says:

What, so you sold your one share that you bought just to be part of the shareholders?  Congratu-fucking-lations, nice to see you finally contributing to your family’s income.

Schmuck.

"There is no sin except stupidity." – Oscar Wilde

16. Anonymous says:

Umm, the Housers have yet to even comment on the possibility at all. And who let you out of your cage?

Sean Stodern, Sane and you’re not.

17. Anonymous says:

"(I’m not one, as I sold when the stock was at $27, because I knew what was coming)"

You sold stock because you knew the stock would go down beforehand… you knew ?  Is that legal?

18. ueueeu says:

Gee, maybe Strauss Zelnick can explain to his shareholders (I’m not one, as I sold when the stock was at $27, because I knew what was coming), just how he managed to blow the EA deal and then lose the Housers, at which point the stock will fall to $12.

What a total MORON!  Jack Thompson

PS:  Told ya!

19. kurisu7885 (can't log in) says:

What. the. hell.

In any cas,e Thompson just revealed that this is less about GTA. I’m guess Zelnick gave hi ma wedgie in high school or osemthing.

And Activision better be prepared to set aside money for a server dedicated ot Thompson’s mail and a budget for new fax machines.

20. MrKlorox says:

Sure beats EA… but will the main R* North contracts also be up around that time (ie: Leslie Benzies and Aaron Garbut)? I doubt the Housers would depart the GTA franchise without taking those individuals with them. Besides, I’m pretty sure Sam likes sitting on top of a whole branch of T2 that he’d built, known as Rockstar Games.

21. Anonymous says:

I disagree. The Housers have balls. That much is obvious. They won’t be "used", at least not a way they disapprove of.

22. Anonymous says:

Absolutely. Picture the kind of scenarios one might encounter in further expansions of WoW (or, perhaps, even a sequel?) with those guys on the Blizzard team. Or other kinds of fantasy games filled with factions out to utterly ruin each other with heavy magical artillery.

*now drooling*