CBS News Interview Will Wright About Spore

September 18, 2008 -

CBS News correspondent Daniel Sieberg interviews Will Wright about Spore. It's a DRM-free conversation and the second installment of this week's three-parter, The Games Our Children Play.

Catch part one, detailing the landmark Teens, Video Games & Civics report issued by the Pew Internet & American Life Project here.

Comments

Re: CBS News Interview Will Wright About Spore

He should explain why they made the space stage as annoying as they did...

and I want his opinion on DRM and how it destroyed his game or if he thinks its fine and dandy...

Re: CBS News Interview Will Wright About Spore

Last I heard from a religious family, games like this don't belong in the home.  It teaches evolution, and since dinosaurs never existed, and their fossils were put in the Earth to test our faith, we shouldn't play games that promote evolution.  -This message is sponsored by Sarah Palin

When are people going to push for her to answer Matt Damon's question?  What are her beliefs behind dinosaurs?  What about times even before that? Where we have proof of creatures far older than dinosaur days?

Back on topic though, I like SimCity more than Spore, I need to get my SNES and play SimCity again...  Oh the good old days...  I finally beat the game and got the Mario Statue 3 years ago, haha.  Yes, it took me 15 years to get the Mario Statue.  I suck, but hey, I did it at least.

Re: CBS News Interview Will Wright About Spore

I bought Spore, it was ok, but even since buying it, I've been playing Dwarf Fortress more, and that's Freeware....

Re: CBS News Interview Will Wright About Spore

"Games Our Children Play"

G*ddamnit.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm