Housekeeping: Registering for Comments

Late last week GamePolitics switched over to a requirement that users be registered before commenting.

There were a number of reasons for this, but ultimately it seemed like the best decision. The flip side is that some users haven’t received their registration validation e-mail. If that applies to you, please contact me and I can get that issue resolved…

DarkTetsuya says:

No /b/tards, and no court filing spam? Someone explain how this is a bad thing.

I did hear about the registering problems some people have been having though, I hope it gets/got ironed out.

— "Jack and listen are two words that don’t go together…just like Jack and sanity, Jack and truth, Jack and proof, Jack and win…" — sortableturnip |

Nekojin says:

I had problems with the registration, but eventually managed to get a, "change your password," email sent to me with a link. So now, everything’s just peachy. =^_^=

Vake Xeacons says:

If you haven’t got you registration email, check your spam. For some reason (and I know I didn’t mark it) my GP email ended up in my bulk. Don’t ask why.

Mr. Stodern says:

I don’t think he’ll create an account. He enjoys wreaking havoc here, and he can’t do that without being the exact thing he accuses us of being: anonymous jerks.

Pixelantes Anonymous says:

Hahhahaha. Well done!

Now, if you were an evil person you’d have several ways of screwing this registration business completely:

1. Hand over the password to anyone who asks

2. Post on other people’s behalf

3. Create a email-to-gp, web-to-gp or IM-to-gp gateway/proxy/bot

4. Pretend to be the unregistered anonymous user and post as if you were

Chaos, anarchy, disorder!

j/k, of course.

DeepThorn says:

Not until he creates an account, in which case he could be banned from posting on the site if he gets too out of hand.  I kind of miss him personally.  He does add a certain spice to it all.  If isn’t hard to create an htaccess script that would block certain IP addresses, and as long as the IP address is tracked, you could send him to a totally different website when he tries to come here.  (I suggest an article about him being disbarred personally.)