Thompson: Feds are Monitoring Me

Posted at the risk of incurring the further wrath   of Doug Lowenstein:

Disbarred attorney Jack Thompson thinks the feds are tapping his phone. Or maybe his computer.

In a letter sent earlier today to U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey, Thompson grumbles about once again being detained while trying to access the federal courthouse in Miami:

When I went to the Ferguson Federal Courthouse today, the Deputy Marshals were waiting for me because they clearly knew I was coming.  The black binder that contains alleged “threats” was opened to my page, featuring two pictures of me, and with the explanation, read to me by the Deputy, that I am to be escorted because I am about to be disbarred, because I have filed lawsuits that have been dismissed, and because I allegedly wrote inappropriate letters to judges…

The fact that this multi-page binder was already opened up to my page as I walked through the front door suggests surveillance by some means by the US Marshal.  There have been other bits of evidence suggesting this surveillance, but this is the clincher.  The most likely means of doing so are my cell phone use by satellite monitoring, land line phone taps, and/or taps on my home computer.

When the Deputies illegally visited my home [in June, see: U.S. Marshals Pay Jack Thompson a "Visit"] they stated that I was in fact being “monitored…”

Ultimately, Thompson was escorted to his destination. This was not the first time he has been barred from entering. (see: Stopped at Courthouse Door, Thompson Says He Will Sue U.S. Marshal). He currently has multiple open lawsuits against entities including the Florida Bar and Florida Supreme Court.

UPDATE: Full text of JT’s letter here…

119 comments

Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

Either way, I still take offense to that. (Yes, I’m a lefty too)

——————————————————————————————————–

I AM DOOMED TO HAUNT JACK THOMPSON’S DREAMS UNTIL HIS CRUSADE AGAINST VIDEO GAMES ENDS.

duncan_922 says:

ROFL…   The End????

Anyways, you, like many others, miss the point.  If Dennis wants to turn this site into the Jack Thompson daily tracker…  More power to him.

But when he on a high horse saying "How dare Doug Lowestein suggest that I posted Jack Thompson stories to generate traffic????" then posting this crap right after, that’s the definition of hipocrisy.  The FBI did his part of forget about Jack Thompson, the Florida bar did their part to forget about Jack Thompson, hell..   even the state of Alabama did their part to forget about Jack Thompson.  The only ones that are not doing so are gaming sites like this one.

Austin_Lewis says:

Did you sell it on Amazon for a buck fifty?  1.50?  Cuz I just got a new copy, and thats where I got mine.  I may, in fact, have your copy.

Austin_Lewis says:

About time you lefties did something.  God, what a lazy bunch.  With your leftorium and your left handed scissors, and you still refuse to protest?  Shame on you.

Kidding, of course.

Cattleprod says:

The are people who read this site want to read these articles. The end. The fact it’s even up to debate is baffling. "How dare his CATER to his AUDIENCE!" A smart webmaster would be actively trying to piss off the entirety of his readership, I suppose.

DeepThorn says:

I think the game relation is the fact that JT is now so crazy, that his life now IS a video game.  Seriously, he things people are after him…   If I had the time, I would make the video game:

————————
    Tracked: The Imagined World of Jack Thompson

In this game you have one of 2 modes to play, tracking Jack or being Jack trying to keep from being tracked.
    –If you are tracking Jack, you have to get into his house and plant bugs, and figure out his every move.  If you are able to mess with him enough to knock his crazy meter to 100%, you WIN!!!
    –While if you are Jack, you have to find all of the bugs, prove Janet Reno is gay with a [] Yes   [] No letter, get all M rated game banned, and turn the US communist!

There are mini games involved playing as Jack where you post on game forums and threaten gamers as well.
    ————————

Now who is intersted in this game?

DeepThorn says:

I’ll take you up on that one, haha.  We will say points instead though.  That way we can just keep track of them for fun isntead of real money.

Oct of 2011 is when my bet that McCain will keel over, any takers?

duncan_922 says:

Precisely my point!  Jack Thompson is done! He was always an attention seeker, and sites are still giving him the attention he craves with this crap.  The sooner he fades into oblivion, the better.  But by posting these "news" they still provide the stage for him.

duncan_922 says:

This is Dennis’ site…   If he wants tomorrow’s story to read "Jack Thompson farts on isle 4 at the local Cotsco", he’s more than entitled to do it.  But when he gets on a soap box expressing how offended he is about Doug Lowenstein saying that "gaming sites enabled Jack Thompson", I am just as entitled to point out the hipocrisy of right afterwards posting this "story".  This IS solely for generating traffic, as this is not about games, not about politics and sure as hell not "news-worthy".

DarkTetsuya says:

Better hope there aren’t any ‘suicide bomber’ simulators for him to get good at, then… since we all know they work so well in training people to do things…

— "Jack and listen are two words that don’t go together…just like Jack and sanity, Jack and truth, Jack and proof, Jack and win…" — sortableturnip | http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/

GRIZZAM PRIME says:

I’d like to point out that the previous post was intended solely to pose the question. I honestly don’t give a fuck what Dennis reports, it’s not my site. As for the end remark, that’s intended to be humorous. Don’t go getting all rabid on me, ‘kay?

-Remember kids, personal responsibility is for losers! Jack Thompson is gone, but we are not done… Not yet.

GRIZZAM PRIME says:

Yes, Doug and the ESA are useless, but what purpose does this serve? The fucker’s done. DONE. Honestly, the only JT news I’m interested in is his application to MacDonalds.

Cattleprod says:

"generating traffic"

Gee, did you think maybe there are people who visit this site who WANT to read stories about Thompson? If you don’t want to, you’re welcome to skip them. But oh no, some random guy doesn’t like something so we should ban it. Sound like anyone we know?

Neo_DrKefka says:

Lowestein is an idiot and the reason why no one wants to join the ESA and everyone is leaving. Instead of trying to rebut anti video game activists we leave them to talk.

Instead of sitting on there hands well various anti gaming organzations gain ground they sit and do nothing, they are useless

Awol says:

Wow Jack, clearly you watch to many movies and TV. Instead of thinking that security was stationed there all week to watch for you cause the courts would know you would come. You come up with the movie plot of tracking you by cell phone and watching you on satellite. Clearly you must stop watching TV cause its rotting your brain maybe you should pick up a hobbie like playing video games to keep your brain sharp.

duncan_922 says:

This is exactly the type of stuff that Doug Lowestein was talking about….   So Jack Thompson is a rambling idiot…  Who here didn’t know???   This is related to games or news how?  Maybe I missed the plot…   Or is this just for the sake of generating traffic????

Neo_DrKefka says:

To: Janet Reno

Are you Gay? Check here

Love Jack Thompson

Note Thompson actually wrote this and gave her a paper saying this when he ran against her lol

DeepThorn says:

hahaha, ok, so I say give it to him, let him be tried in another court system, but accelerate the court date so it happens before Oct. 30th, and if he loses he is disbarred at the moment of the end of the trial, lose the right to have a drivers lic. and drive a car, lose the right to fly in a plane do to national security and his mental health, and he be no longer able to vote.  Furthermore, his psychological state be examined in that case.

Xveers says:

Well, I presume some people bought them to replace missing couch legs…  probably at one of those book dump bins at a safeway or something….

Best keep your wits about you: The gears of life are always spinning, and ignorance eventually means you’ll get caught in them.

DeepThorn says:

haha, nice one

yeah, jack is now proving he is crazy, who would waste their time trackingh him, that is like tracking an ant…

BTW jack, read up on the stuff Russo said, they can track you by your drivers lic. they put a little chip in there that they can use to track where you are.   Plus, if they ever put you to sleep at the doctor, they are required to chip you if you are not already chipped, but they might have double chipped you just in case…  That is why I do all of my own medical work.

Jarmne123 says:

I like how he thinks his disbarrment is a late retaliation to his book, which was published in 2005! I’ve read the book, I finshed reading it, then I sold it for 1 buck.

HurricaneJesus says:

Jack reminds me of the people I destroy in gears on War. When they are getting completely owned, they take the easy way out and quit. When Jacky is disbarred and all hope is lost, I can see him suicide bombing TT or a game retailer.

He is just that fucking insane.

SithLibrarian says:

Did anyone catch the post before the one featured on GP?

Miami attorney Jack Thompson, nationally and internationally known by virtue of his effective and successful opposition over the last 20 years to the broadcast, marketing, and sale of adult-rated entertainment to children, has just been informed by the Florida Supreme Court that he has been disbarred from the practice of law today.

This disbarment is in retaliation, among other things, for Thompson’s Tyndale House book Out of Harm’s Way, published in 2005, which blew the whistle on the Florida Supreme Court’s earlier efforts in the 1990’s to literally pathologize his faith-based and successful activism against the American entertainment industry. The Florida Bar’s insurance carrier was forced to pay Thompson money damages for that earlier assault upon his First Amendment rights, which is the only known payment of damages by any state bar to any lawyer for improper disciplinary efforts. It appears that the State of Florida will be paying Thompson more damages this time around for its illegal, now repeated, use of "discipline" to punish a Christian lawyer for his activism in the public square.

The timing of this disbarment transparently reveals its motivation: This past Friday Thompson filed a federal civil rights action against The Bar, the Supreme Court, and all seven of its Justices. This rush to disbarment is in retribution for the filing of that federal suit. With enemies this foolish, Thompson needs only the loyal friends he has.

Thompson looks forward to successfully litigating his federal claims, now before US District Court Judge Marcia Cooke in the Southern District of Florida.

Thompson always wanted to own a Bar. Now, armed with multiple US Supreme Court rulings that no state bar can do what it has done to Thompson, he is set to own that Bar.

*snip* EZK: Edited out John Bruce’s Contact Info*snip*

Also, the Anonymous comment left on Thompson’s ultimatum post is hilarious.

DCOW says:

notice how he THREATENS people in his letter.

Either I am told by close of business Friday that the above is going to be done, or I am going to file a federal action against the appropriate defendants.

I think that last part is cute. I really do

C. Aaron Browbowski Jr. says:

wow, dennis you do have balls… my question is, how do you walk with those type of balls?

Jesus Jack Jones Thompson…. is dead… (funeral udruge, followed by Celebrate 😀 )

Mr. Stodern says:

Love how he posted this on a site called "Judicial Horror Stories". Jack Thompson, always the victim.

Commencing on June 16, 2008, US Marshal Pharo commenced the illegal harassment and blacklisting of me by sending Deputy Marshals to my home

Apparently it’s illegal to respond to threats accordingly. Good thing Jack’s not in charge of Homeland Security.

and then harassing me in the United States Courthouse here in Miami.

Jack actually felt embarassed? I don’t believe that, but it would be a step in the right direction.

Each of you was told about that weeks ago, and you did nothing.

They weren’t required to.

Three months ago I submitted a FOIA request to the Department of Justice to get to the bottom of this harassment and blacklisting, and the Justice Department has completely ignored my request, which is itself a violation of the law.

Don’t know about that, but I’m sure they have more important things to do.

When I went to the Ferguson Federal Courthouse today, the Deputy Marshals were waiting for me because they clearly knew I was coming. The black binder that contains alleged "threats" was opened to my page, featuring two pictures of me, and with the explanation, read to me by the Deputy, that I am to be escorted because I am about to be disbarred, because I have filed lawsuits that have been dismissed, and because I allegedly wrote inappropriate letters to judges.

Love when it he completely dismisses the bad things he’s done. Just wonderful.

By all means, let’s round up half of the United States’ population including all Members of Congress, why don’t we.

Again, dismissing the seriousness of his actions.

The fact that this multi-page binder was already opened up to my page as I walked through the front door suggests surveillance by some means by the US Marshal. There have been other bits of evidence suggesting this surveillance, but this is the clincher. The most likely means of doing so are my cell phone use by satellite monitoring, land line phone taps, and/or taps on my home computer.

Always jumping the gun, isn’t he?

When the Deputies illegally visited my home they stated that I was in fact being "monitored," and they also indicated that this was unnecessary. They apologized. The Deputy today that escorted me to the Clerk’s Office to file my emergency motion pertaining to the latest misconduct by The Florida Bar told me that "this following you should stop because it is ridiculous." Indeed it is. It also constitutes illegal blacklisting.

Sounds like a lie to me.

Let me tell you what we’re going to do here: The Justice Department is going to respond fully to my FOIA request, and you, Attorney General Mukasey, are not going to continue to ignore it. Further, Judge Moreno, who is participating in this harassment process, is going to give me a full hearing in open court about this nonsense, which I asked for weeks ago. Further, Judge Moreno, because he and US Marshal Pharo have poisoned the well in this federal District, is going to do what he did in the Tew/Robles/Florida Bar case and transfer Case No. 08-22603 to a non-Florida federal judge.

Jack can’t beat a bunch of gamers, and he thinks he can boss a judge and the Attorney General around? WTF?

I’m sure they’re shaking in their boots.

This is not Nazi Germany, not yet anyway.

Yeah, that’s going to score points. What a moron.

beemoh says:

I think it is time we stopped covering Thompson until he either gets undisbarred (rebarred?) or he manages to play by the rules and get a game suit through signed by somebody else.

The games press may not have made Thompson the threat, but they did make Thompson the phenomenon. It’s time to let him fade into obscurity.

/b

G.A. says:

Hmm..the feds ae monitoring him? Noo..sounds like he doesn’t know just how predictable he is. Is anyone surprised that he would go to a courthouse and try to file more suits or something? Hell, if I was one of the Marshals I would have been expecting. And considering the attention he’s been getting he’d be fairly easy to recognize..

H.K.

black manta says:

Sounds like Jack’s seen the movie Eagle Eye.  Great flick, BTW.  And Shia LeBoeuf was pretty cool in it, too.  It also had Michelle Monaghan, Billy Bob Thornton, Michael Chiklis and Rosario Dawson. Check it out.

Mr. Stodern says:

Doesn’t surprise me for Jack to assert such a thing, since it goes right along with his conspiracy nonsense. He has to stick to his lie, since, obviously, he completely lacks the ability to be remotely honest.

nighstalker160 says:

Jack;

Given your recent bizarre behavior and ranting, I’d be extremely disturbed if the Feds WEREN’T watching you.  I feel far safer knowing that you are being watched.

thefremen says:

If you paint one painting they don’t call you a painter, if you write one novel they don’t call you a novelist, but if you threaten to blow up one federal building they call you a potential threat!

ezbiker555 says:

You’re crazy but that would be a funny idea. He posts his side and than we littarlly disect him point by point, word by word and prove him wrong. We sure as hell did that to him on youtube.

And the rain will kill us all… We throw ourselves against the walls.. but no one else can see…. the preservation of the martyr in me…. Psychosocial

HarmlessBunny says:

Jack’s tinfoil hat must be molded in a expert model of Napoleon’s general hat.

Gasp poor old  Jack, the conspiracy thickens! I wonder who is after him next? The autobots? The Carebears, People who are left handed, Radical Gay Reverse Vampires, Civil War recreationists, and the Legion of Secretaries?

Jack finally hit rockbottom, and he is lashing out in anyway he can :)

ezbiker555 says:

Hahah, well duh Jack! You did this to yourself and its obvious that they don’t want you in their work place, causing more problems for them cause we all know your a lost cause, that will disseaper from the memories of everyone soon.

We need to post a countdown thing to his disbarment on here. That would be funny to look at. Just an idea!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

They’re coming to take him away, ha ha! They’re coming to take him away, hee hee, ho ho, ha ha, to the funny farm! Where life’s hysterical all the time, and he’ll be sorry he did those things to us good people and our games and they’re coming to take him away, ha ha!

——————————————————————————————————–

figsnake12 says:

Paranoid, quite obviously. Mabey he thinks Sony are planning to have him asassinated, or Bill Gates is coming to get him?

On the other hand, this could be a pathetic plea for attention – he’s just a sad,obsessed, old man who doesn’t like being out of the media spotlight.

Ryno says:

I’m sure he will, but it won’t be one of his pressing matters, unless he’s having a really bad day; if the Supremes outlaw waterboarding, for instance.

Shadow Darkman Anti-Thesis of Jack Thompson says:

Hahahahahahahahaha! Jack, you are so done for.

"Old! Alone! Done For!" -Children’s Chant in Peter Pan (the live-action movie)

Shadow Darkman and "Locnil Fignirf," Sane Human Church-Goers, and Jack Is Burning Right Now

——————————————————————————————————–

Ryno says:

I just love how he demands action from the Attorney General, and only gives him a few days to do it. Not a request, just "This is what you will do…" Like the AG would even read his letter before the deadline, and that’s assuming anyone there will bother to read it aside from an intern maybe.

And I’m pretty sure he filed his FOIA request via a letter to the AG, instead of using the proper channels and method.

PS – Thanks for fixing my password, Dennis.

HilaryDuffGta says:

[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/hilaryduffgta/duff2.jpg[/img]

Wow…i mean…damn i know jack is mental and all but just…god this keeps getting funnier and funnier each time..maybe now that he will be disbarred he can take some time to get in some gta 4??

Unklebeavis says:

He’s nuttier than squirrel shit.  When uttered by Jack Thompson, those conspiracy theries of "They’re out to get me."  Sounds so unbelievably crazy.  But then again, Jack probably wakes up asking himself "What did I do to make them not like me?"

hellfire7885 says:

Heh, figures. He practically threatens to blow up a courthouse(adding figuratively doesn’t make it better) and he expects them to kiss his ass

Conejo says:

um, does Thompson not know that all disbarred people have to be escorted in courthouses so they don’t shoot up the place?  it’s kind of this rule they have…

Here are we — and yonder yawns the universe.

CLLewis says:

Lumi, we both commented about this before and I whole-heartedly agree with you, this is not news and should not be covered as such.  I had hoped that those in the gaming press would cease coverage of Thompson’s minor frivolities, but it seems that is not the case.  Again I urge this site and others not to dignify these innane actions on the part of a now toothless Thompson with stories.

Regarding the other response to this comment, I think it’s absolutely fair for a member of this site to criticize its content.  I don’t think the author here, nor on any other site think of this as any more than constructive criticism.  I hope also that content creators believe as I do that covering the news is a collaborative endeavor, one that thrives on the feedback of the readers.  Just as consumers vote with their wallets, readers vote with their pageviews.  On a side note, I think it important for any comments to be made in a respectful manner.  Like Winston Churchill once said "If you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite".

lumi says:

Ugh.  Alright, regarding the recent Lowenstein debacle, I totally support Dennis, Kotaku, and the other members of the gaming press.  But this?  He’s done.  He’s over.  Unless he’s somehow managing to do something threatening to the industry, I could not possibly care any less about this guy anymore.

I don’t see the point in reporting about his paranoid rants.  This story doesn’t have anything to do with video game politics.

MasterAssassin says:

Wow now he reminds of Truth, the crazy hippie guy from San Andreas. It’s only a matter of time before he finds himself in jail for harassment or tresspassing or something. Keep it up Jack, you really make yourself look like a nobile crusader when you find yourself going to jail soon.

Adamas Draconis says:

I was thinking an Alfred E. Newman style caricture of Thompson myself. but the rest of it I wholeheartedly agree. Alas, I cannot even draw a straight line without a laser level.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

nightwng2000 says:

PleasePleasePleasePleasePlease!

Someone, ANYONE, with a good art talent, a great sense of humor, and a familiarity with the following reference, PLEASE do a "What, Me Worry?" picture for a T-shirt with Alfred E. Newman with a John Bruce hairdo, surrounded by cameras, mics, and little men in black!

PPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE!

Nightwng2000

NW2K Software

Nightwng2000 has also updated his MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/nightwing2000 Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as http://groups.myspace.com/pfenl

DeepThorn says:

So you are getting just as crazy as Jack?

Okay, well we need to have a crazy person boxing match and put it on Pay Per View.  You box against JT man, come on, you know you want to. (BTW JT is actually in decent physical shape…)

nightwng2000 says:

I would like to add that looking at the full letter site, and reading the comments, I have now been creeped out by the appearance of the name Andrew Stirling.  Not by what he said, but by the name.

Looking at one of my blogs, you see my first name is Andrew.  That’s not the strange part, of course.  Plenty of Andrews.

But, for decades attempting to write science fiction stories, and being too lazy to get far, the main character of many of my stories has been David STIRLING.

Ok, so it’s a stupid thing to get creeped out over.  Not really a big deal.  But it’s been a strange week thus far and it’s only just getting started.  :O

Nightwng2000

NW2K Software

shady8x says:

You know that senile old man that kept screeming at everyone to get their games off his lawn…

and threatend to bomb a few court houses if he was disbarred…

Verbinator says:

I think it’s fair to say that former-attorney Thompson is going to have a lot of fun things to do in his retirement, filing frivolous lawsuits against the government instead of against game companies. Heck maybe he’ll even take the time to play a few video games for fun. –Verbinator