Red Cross Rolls Out Humanitarian Adventure Game

October 1, 2008 -

Citizen Sugar reports on a new, web-based game offered by the British Red Cross.

Traces of Hope is designed to raise awareness of the plight of children in war-torn Uganda:

Players aim to help Joseph, a boy whose home and family has been torn apart by rebels, find his missing mother. The game site says: "He has a satellite phone, you have the web – together you’ll make a great team. Time is running out; guide Joseph through sickness, fire and violence as together you follow his traces of hope."

By placing clues for the game around the Internet, the game creators hope to blur the boundary between the game and the real world conflict. Since atrocities in the region often go unnoticed, perhaps this educational entertainment will help some wake up.

Cnet Asia has more:

After registering your email, Joseph contacts you and the game begins... The game is part of the Civilians and Conflict Month, a media blitz to raise awareness on the plight of those displaced and separated from their families because of war.

Comments

Re: Red Cross Rolls Out Humanitarian Adventure Game

I hate ARGs

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/okceca
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325674091

Re: Red Cross Rolls Out Humanitarian Adventure Game

Lets compete to see who can get him killed the quickest!

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Red Cross Rolls Out Humanitarian Adventure Game

Now i'm listening.

~You Could Be Mine, But You're Way Out Of Line..~

~You Could Be Mine, But You're Way Out Of Line..~

Re: Red Cross Rolls Out Humanitarian Adventure Game

Well, I've signed up. Time to kill me an african!

Re: Red Cross Rolls Out Humanitarian Adventure Game

Very interesting. I'll have to check it out when my head isn't as blurry as right now.

Poll