Election Campaign Goes Postal

October 10, 2008 -

Running with Scissors has released an election-themed poster featuring the Postal Dude, anti-hero of the ultra-violent Postal game series.

Also depicted is the Postal Dude's dog, Champ, a pit bull wearing Sarah Palin glasses.

RWS boss man Vince Desi explains, sort of:

Posters are a powerful medium. From politics to movies to your favorite musical group, young and old people around the world have been infected by this unique art form...

Comments

Re: Election Campaign Goes Postal

Please, for the love of god, stop using the phrase ultra-violent. It was from A Clockwork Orange and should stay that way, unless you are going to perpetrate some ultra-violence.

Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but we're already naked."

Re: Election Campaign Goes Postal

I think "ultra-violent" is a correct term to use for games like this.

I'm an attention whore. So visit my DevaintArt and feed my ego. Feed the whore. http://keaton2008.deviantart.com/

Poll

Poll: Is it censorship when a private retailer decides not to sell a particular video game?:

Wonderkarpthe people who caused those events were sick mentally disturbed individuals, Not people with Political Differences or Gamers. and in comparison, a Bomb Threat is NOTHING compared to Real Child Murder. I hope you choke on your own Bile05/28/2015 - 5:40am
WonderkarpI'm calling you out in public, MechaRash. What you said in the Gaming for Everyone News Post was DISGUSTING. In No way has Gamergate, OR Gamers in General ever been involved in a School Shooting Nor will they ever05/28/2015 - 5:38am
Mattsworknamemeet ips. stupid phone.05/27/2015 - 11:34pm
MattsworknameI feel ups should have a hard line expiration date. if a company doesn't use them for ten years they have to put it on the market or make it open source05/27/2015 - 11:34pm
MechaCrashPride does play a factor. If you sell an IP to someone, and they make a ton of money off it, it makes you look like a tool: why didn't YOU make that money? Better to sit on it than be embarassed that way.05/27/2015 - 10:58pm
ZippyDSMleeAS far as I understand it the suits think sitting on a an IP till the time is right is more profitable than tradeing it around.....hevean forbit soemone use soemthing to make money with....05/27/2015 - 9:58pm
Andrew EisenOh, there's also the Facebook page.05/27/2015 - 4:29pm
hidannikOkay :( Guess I'll just have to YouTube it when I've caught up on all the other podcasts.05/27/2015 - 4:13pm
Andrew EisenI honestly don't know. The show is on my YouTube channel and we promote it here on the site every week.05/27/2015 - 4:11pm
hidannikIs there nothing a podcast app can key on?\05/27/2015 - 4:09pm
Andrew EisenYeah, we lost Libsyn quite some time ago. As such, no RSS or iTunes. We're working on finding a new (and cost effective) home but it's been really slow going.05/27/2015 - 4:07pm
hidannikThe last one on that feed was Feb 905/27/2015 - 4:05pm
hidannikThe feed is at superpac.libsyn.com05/27/2015 - 4:05pm
hidannikI ask because it hasn't shown up in my PocketCasts feed in a while. (I'm currently a month behind)05/27/2015 - 4:02pm
E. Zachary KnightAE, Loved your mom as the guest on your 30 Days of Netflix series. She is one interesting lady.05/27/2015 - 3:47pm
E. Zachary Knighthidannik, If you mean on iTunes, we are working to get it back up there soon. Otherwise, the show must go on. We record live every Saturday at 8pm Central05/27/2015 - 3:47pm
Andrew Eisenhidannik - The podcast will continue this weekend and every weekend after for the foreseeable future. What makes you ask?05/27/2015 - 3:29pm
Matthew WilsonI say no it isnt, but it depends on the reason for not selling it. were the pressured to not sell it. aka target au, or did they chose not to on their own aka gog with hatred.05/27/2015 - 3:28pm
hidannikIs there no more podcast?05/27/2015 - 3:26pm
E. Zachary KnightHere is another thought exercise. How would you feel if game developers traded in IP? http://gamasutra.com/blogs/JorgeMunoz/20150520/243471/Why_dont_developers_buysell_intellectual_property_much_like_other_assets.php05/27/2015 - 3:24pm