Truth Invaders Game Busts Campaign B.S

October 16, 2008 -

Online games spoofing the 2008 presidential election are plentiful these days, but Truth Invaders takes one of the more unique approaches that we've seen.

In the Space Invaders knockoff, players select among several questionable statements made by both the Obama and McCain campaigns and then try to turn lies (red) to truth (green).

Designer Jeremy Bernstein, who previously created The Redistricting Game, describes Truth Invaders as FactCheck.org meets Space Invaders.

Comments

Re: Truth Invaders Game Busts Campaign B.S

I have learned to ignore/discount anyone and anything that uses the word "truth".  Chances are, they are full of crap.  Case in point: Rush Limbaugh, Michael Moore, Al Franken, etc all claim to speak the "truth".  They can't all be right, but they certainly can all be wrong.

Re: Truth Invaders Game Busts Campaign B.S

Reminds me of that Daily Show bit where they compared McCain's 'Facebook Invaders' to what Sen. Obama had, something that I believe was ripped right out of Gears of War, only with Obama as the protagonist.

Made me lol, anyway.

-- "Jack and listen are two words that don't go together...just like Jack and sanity, Jack and truth, Jack and proof, Jack and win..." -- sortableturnip | http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/

400 Episodes, TEN YEARS and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/ | Voice of Geeks Network - http://www.vognetwork.com

Re: Truth Invaders Game Busts Campaign B.S

I remember that, he played the space invaders Mccain game then he went on to play some FPS and pretended it was a Barack game as a joke.

----------------------------------------------------

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" - Tasmanian devil

---------------------------------------------------- Debates are like merry go rounds. Two people take their positions then they go through the same points over and over and over again. Then when it's over they have the same positions they started in.

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am