Playboy Centerfold is Former Guitar Hero P.R. Rep

To my great surprise there was a plain brown envelope from Playboy Enterprises International in the GamePolitics post office box yesterday. Inside was the November issue.

After about three hours of perusing the magazine (in the interests of giving GP readers a complete and accurate report), I figured out the reason why Playboy sent the mag my way.

It seems that Miss November, Grace Kim, is a former publicist for Guitar Hero publisher Activision. The brief bio which accompanies her centerfold pictorial discusses her connection to the game:

I play a mean game of Guitar Hero and I’m willing to challenge anybody. I must warn you I’m a very sore loser – at any game…

Grace says her ideal date is a round of Guitar Hero or Rock Band with perks.

Kotaku has a lengthy interview with Grace:

I had heard of an opening to work directly with the head director of Guitar Hero, so I applied, and I didn’t think I’d get the job because there were so many applicants… but I also had a lot of PR experience. I was really blessed that they brought me on board. I think they appreciated my passion…

"Activision was getting annoyed [over the time demands of the Playboy picture shoots], and I wanted to keep my job [at first]… But my boss wasn’t happy and I wasn’t happy, and being a Playmate is a job. I really wanted to explore that area, and see where this path would take me. And, working so much for Activision kind of killed my love a little for Guitar Hero.

40 comments

XceTRa says:

Damn, halfshadow why you going around posting rude and un-nessacary comments, seriously come back when you stop acting like a jack ass.

$70q (0emq1_41/v1/v6

Spartan says:

Obliviously you are a person with issues regarding gender and sex. Consequently I shall not waste anymore time responding to your pedantic & prudish – nay, childish viewpoint. Any discussion will likely fall on deaf ears and I don’t have time to squander on people like you.

——————————————-

"The most difficult pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much and power over little" – Herodotus

HalfShadow says:

Really? So how do you put that down on a résumé, exactly? "Well, I can hold my pussy open with one hand while making an ‘Oooh!’ face, and I can also fondle my tits while making a ‘You want some of this?’ face."?

Spartan says:

Damn! That is pretty harsh and very wrong. Being a model is being a model. She is not making sex movies and even if she was that is her business.

——————————————-

Father Time says:

"After about three hours of perusing the magazine (in the interests of giving GP readers a complete and accurate report)"

Right right right, just like I went through hundreds of old penthouse magazines so I could get a better understanding of the people vs. larry flynt. You know for purely an academic point of view.

—————————————————-

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Spartan says:

Let’s not be sexist now. Don’t forget to include the girls too.

——————————————-

Spartan says:

Hmm… Yeah I read that before – oh well, maybe you can get one of the mods via the shourt box to remove it for you.

——————————————-

Father Time says:

It won’t let me edit a response when someone replies to it, don’t know why.

—————————————————-

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Spartan says:

Sent – please feel free to remove your email now.

——————————————-

Spartan says:

SWEET! USDA select 100% pure unadulterated feminine beauty at its finest!

A little teaser for everyone: – zapped –

GP: the link was a bit much. I think we can see by the picture on the front page that Grace is an attractive woman.

——————————————-

Zen says:

Honestly it look like it would work better for the photo anyways.  You can tell it’s a controller, but it still has that "could be a guitar" look.  And the black & white design fits better with her clothes, without trying to fight for attention with added colors.  And yes, I do work with Photoshop jobs on the side so I tend to think of these things lol.  I also just noticed the Rock Band drums in the background…so it could also just be a nice "FU" to Activision since she left.

Jeremy Powers aka Zen
    Panama City, Fl.

Aliasalpha says:

Didn’t she used to be in the WWE as well? I think she came in about the time I stopped watching.

Also: I have serious doubts as to the validity of your source, can you put up a scanned PDF for "verification"?

Spartan says:

Sorry about that. I forget to do stuff like that often since I’m the boss at work.

@GP – For what it is worth, I dont think linking to the source material is "a bit much" to be honest. It is no different than any other story you covered and have referenced direct and germane sources as well as supporting information sites. For example the court documents for JT’s hearing.

Just because the topic is related to the human form does not change the nature of journalistic principles. Yes I did not put a NSFW notice initially – a social grace if you will, but other than that I don’t believe I was in error.

——————————————-