L.A. Mayor High-Fives New E3 Deal

October 27, 2008 -

Los Angeles Mayor Mayor Antonio Villaraigos has given props to the video game industry over the new, three-year E3 deal that was announced last week.

Villaraigos is quoted in a press release issued by the Los Angeles Convention and Visitors Bureau:

There is much to be said about a convention of this magnitude returning to the entertainment capital of the world. The video game industry is one of the few industries in the nation that continues to show signs of growth, and ESA’s three-year commitment to Los Angeles is a testament to our City’s formidable hospitality and technology sectors.

Comments

Re: L.A. Mayor High-Fives New E3 Deal

Heh...I was wondering what would get our mayor out in the open.  I live in LA and I (hardly) never even see or hear about the guy in the newspapers. Not only out in the open, but in favor of the game industry no less!  This had me very confused/interested as I was reading the article, then I saw the answer:

"According to the LACVB, E3 2009 will account for better than 33,000 hotel room nights and will add $18 million to the city's economy."

And suddenly the world makes sense again.  Nothing buys love quite like $18 million.

Re: L.A. Mayor High-Fives New E3 Deal

I'm glad that the E3 will be back to its former glory, but I am worried that it is too little too late.

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm
Andrew EisenGreat, but that STILL doesn't tell me what she said, why she was attacked (or what the attack was) or what "standard line" she's following. Details, man. Details!04/24/2015 - 3:25pm