L.A. Mayor High-Fives New E3 Deal

October 27, 2008 -

Los Angeles Mayor Mayor Antonio Villaraigos has given props to the video game industry over the new, three-year E3 deal that was announced last week.

Villaraigos is quoted in a press release issued by the Los Angeles Convention and Visitors Bureau:

There is much to be said about a convention of this magnitude returning to the entertainment capital of the world. The video game industry is one of the few industries in the nation that continues to show signs of growth, and ESA’s three-year commitment to Los Angeles is a testament to our City’s formidable hospitality and technology sectors.

Comments

Re: L.A. Mayor High-Fives New E3 Deal

Heh...I was wondering what would get our mayor out in the open.  I live in LA and I (hardly) never even see or hear about the guy in the newspapers. Not only out in the open, but in favor of the game industry no less!  This had me very confused/interested as I was reading the article, then I saw the answer:

"According to the LACVB, E3 2009 will account for better than 33,000 hotel room nights and will add $18 million to the city's economy."

And suddenly the world makes sense again.  Nothing buys love quite like $18 million.

Re: L.A. Mayor High-Fives New E3 Deal

I'm glad that the E3 will be back to its former glory, but I am worried that it is too little too late.

Poll

Did Microsoft pay too much ($2.5 billion) for Minecraft developer Mojang?:

james_fudgeI'm a huge Dark Souls fan :)09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
james_fudgeThe first part of Dark Souls is pretty easy.09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
Neeneko@AE - it is still better then Return of Kings. I wonder if they know each other...09/16/2014 - 1:05pm
Neeneko@IanC - well, considering their entire goal is disseminating information, it kinda makes sense.09/16/2014 - 1:04pm
Andrew EisenThat depends on how much longer before YOU start getting good!09/16/2014 - 12:31pm
MaskedPixelanteSo, I've been stuck in the opening section of Dark Souls for about two years now... how much longer before it starts getting good?09/16/2014 - 12:29pm
Michael ChandraI was wondering the same thing while reading it.09/16/2014 - 11:44am
james_fudgeSadly, no.09/16/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenThat's a satire site, like the Onion, right? Please? Please tell me that's a satire site?09/16/2014 - 11:10am
james_fudgehis readers are.09/16/2014 - 10:36am
IanCWikileaks will jump on any agenda for publicity.09/16/2014 - 10:22am
NeenekoWow. This is the first I have heard of the guy. What a jerk.09/16/2014 - 10:14am
quiknkoldmaskedpixelante : Milo Yiannopolous isnt really old.09/16/2014 - 9:57am
MaskedPixelanteBreitbart in a nutshell: Racist old white men saying stupid things.09/16/2014 - 9:54am
james_fudgequiknkold, that's bile. Read the comments and you'll get a taste of that site's audience.09/16/2014 - 9:17am
ZippyDSMleeSo gamer gate will be know as the time all the 13 year old sexist racists assholes came out of the wood work and attacked anything with more brains than themsevles. 0_o09/16/2014 - 9:09am
E. Zachary KnightAwwwww. I feel so special. I have someone on Twitter shaming me for being anti-gamergate.09/16/2014 - 9:06am
quiknkoldhttp://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/09/15/the-gamergate-movement-is-making-terrific-progress-don-t-stop-now09/16/2014 - 8:54am
james_fudgeme either.09/16/2014 - 8:54am
E. Zachary KnightI understand what Wikileaks twitter was getting at, but I have no clue what that article was getting at.09/16/2014 - 8:45am