White House Tower Defense: Political Twist for Tower Genre

October 29, 2008 -

Just when I thought that I had overcome my tower defense game addiction, along comes White House Tower Defense.

From the description at Kongregate:

Players can use characters such as Vice-Presidential hopeful Sarah Palin, who sits astride a moose, armed with a tranquilizer gun. Joe Biden is also represented in the game, sitting atop an Amtrack train, “gaffing” his way to victory. The game includes most of the political season’s key players, from George Bush to Bill Clinton...

In this game, the map is Washington DC, and the path leads to the White House. The player is trying to prevent Democrats or Republicans from reaching the White House and gaining 270 electoral votes

Unlike the rash of current Flash games which drop Obama, Biden, McCain and especially Palin into goofy Mortal Kombat or FPS-style action, White House Tower Defense is one political game you'll still enjoy after the campaign is over.

GP: Big thanks to GamePolitics reader CMiner for recommending this one...

Comments

Re: White House Tower Defense: Political Twist for Tower Genre

So how long until some media outlet runs a story about how this game is advocating terrorism against D.C.?

Re: White House Tower Defense: Political Twist for Tower Genre

Give it a couple weeks... the major media is usualy a little slow.

I mean, this is the same media who every year reports on the content in GTA like it's a brand new series.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Re: White House Tower Defense: Political Twist for Tower Genre

As a tower defense fan... this game sickens me. The game is waaaaay unbalanced, and it's political message is heavier than it's desire to be playable.

Poll