Awesome Half-Life 2 Mod Features Obama & McCain in Debate Setting

November 2, 2008 -

USC grad student John Brennan dropped GamePolitics a line to show us this amazing Half-Life 2 machinima featuring John McCain, Barack Obama, and an authentic HL2 head crab.

By way of explanation, John writes:

I'm an MFA student @ USC's interactive media program.  My thesis project is a series of modifications to Half-Life 2 that will operate in the same space as political cartoons.  I'm playing with format right now, but so far it is Modding and Machinima as self expression and political commentary:)

I have a process for quickly getting 'news-makers' (providing enough photography) into Half-Life 2, access to MoCap data, and some good people helping out.

I'm just launching my first piece now, but it is sizable enough that I'd like to bring it to your attention.  It includes McCain, Obama, a debate stage, and is just in time for the vote.

Comments

Re: Awesome Half-Life 2 Mod Features Obama & McCain in Debate

I like the head crab at the beginning.  It must not be going after either candidate as it probably knows it'd most likely starve if it did.

Re: Awesome Half-Life 2 Mod Features Obama & McCain in Debate

True

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Awesome Half-Life 2 Mod Features Obama & McCain in Debate

Where do I get the Obama and McCain models?  I wanna use them for Garry's Mod.

What is a game?(throws wine glass on the floor and it breaks to pieces) A miserable little pile of secrets.

Re: Awesome Half-Life 2 Mod Features Obama & McCain in Debate

"I wanna use them for Garry's Mod."

Oh god...this can't end well.

I can see it now...Obama and McCain in a rocket powered bathtub going through a series of portals with the word "SCIENCE!" in big bold white letters...

Honestly though...I'd probably laugh my ass off if I saw them.

Re: Awesome Half-Life 2 Mod Features Obama & McCain in Debate

Actually, I wanted to do a scene of Obama kicking McCain off a cliff.

Re: Awesome Half-Life 2 Mod Features Obama & McCain in Debate

I'd vote a freeman/headcrab ticket.

Re: Awesome Half-Life 2 Mod Features Obama & McCain in Debate

Vote Freeman and Vance, '08!

"I'm Gordon Freeman, and I approve this message!"

Re: Awesome Half-Life 2 Mod Features Obama & McCain in Debate

uhhh... i thought Freeman was a mute? but anyway LOL!

Jesus Jack Jones Thompson.... is dead... (funeral udruge, followed by Celebrate :D )

Jesus Jack Jones Thompson loves you, so kill for his amusement so we can get money for the new "People's Temple of Jesus Jack Jones Thompson"

Re: Awesome Half-Life 2 Mod Features Obama & McCain in Debate

Very nice usage of source.

I love the usage of the intro screen.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm