38 Studios Head Curt Schilling Stumps with John McCain

November 3, 2008 -

Although he is trailing in the polls, Republican presidential candidate John McCain got a boost from 38 Studios boss Curt Schilling at a campaign appearance in New Hampshire last night.

Schilling, of course, is better known as the pitching ace of the Boston Red Sox. and that's the persona he displayed on McCain's behalf at the rally. As the Boston Herald reports, Schilling told the crowd:

The size of the payroll has nothing to do with the heart and talent of the team. They’d have you believe that we’re down 3-0, but let me tell you I have a little bit of experience with that and it doesn’t mean anything.

As GamePolitics reported last month, Schilling has been a financial supporter of McCain as well.

Also on hand at the event to lend their support to McCain were Joe Lieberman and Sam Brownback, a pair of Senate colleagues with a history of attempting to legislate video games.

Comments

Re: 38 Studios Head Curt Schilling Stumps with John McCain

This headline is hard to scan.  I thought it was about a large number of studios leading some terse "schilling" tree remains.

Re: 38 Studios Head Curt Schilling Stumps with John McCain

Joe Lieberman and Sam Brownback

Sorry, don't believe they are real people, they should be called "Joe and Sam the Senators".

A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body. Benjamin Franklin

Re: 38 Studios Head Curt Schilling Stumps with John McCain

Being a Yankee fan, this endorsement means less than nothing.

Re: 38 Studios Head Curt Schilling Stumps with John McCain

LOL, yes, a baseball reference that PROVES he can win the election! HAHAHA.

There's a big difference between being in reach of a goal, and having missed it altogether.

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am
ZenLet the ax fall Sleaker...lessons MUST be learned...08/20/2014 - 11:44am