Super Obama World: Play the Game, Buy the Shirt

If the Obama honeymoon isn’t over for you yet, check out Super Obama World.

For now you can play an Alaska level or head to the Republican National Convention. But more levels are promised, including Illinois, Arizona and Washington, D.C.

If you like the very 8-bit looking online platformer, they’ve got merch you can buy as well.

Via: Kotaku

DeepThorn says:

Haha, after being on a swim team for many years, and African American family members, some are, most are not.  Of course I do have an bias view since I was on the swim team for many years.

I don’t know how many people who were born and raised in NYC, LA, or bas-sack-nowhere and how good they typically swim.  It could just be that 1 out of 10 people can swim.

Wait, I taught swim lessons and life guarded them too…  Yeah, it just depends on what the parents raise them around in all honesty.  Not many people from the slums get to learn to swim.  Swim lessons cost an arm and a leg.  It doesn’t matter what color your skin is, just around my area that stereotype is true most often.

Gone in 60 Seconds had a good quote that reinforced that stereotype too. "I can’t swim, I know I can’t. So you know what I do? I stay my black ass out the pool!"  Haha, that guy is so funny.  I know I can’t dive, so I keep my skinny ass off the diving board.  I broke my nose last time I tried.  Of course I am straight, so that already hurts my odds.

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
    Financial Calculator for anyone interested in seeing the basic run

kielejocain says:

It’s too bad the game is no fun.  Obamio moves WAY too slowly and the enemies move erratically, which is a frustrating combination in a one-hit-death game.

Monte says:

Ya i think all the game needs are power ups and being able to swim… then it would be a nice match up to Mario

not sure what the power ups could be… perhaps something like

mushroom = Obama’s symbol

Cape = American flag

fire flower = throw liberal newspapers at people

Star = Race card

HungryHungryHomer says:

I’m sorry, but I simply have to get this off my chest. There are far too many so-called ‘journalists’ these days who seem to think that things like fact-checking and verification are optional. Because of this, I feel it is my duty to bring to light certain inaccuracies in this story.

It is not very ‘8-bit looking’…

It is supposed to be 16-bit looking.

Thank you.

Leet Gamer Jargon says:

I played one level and couldn’t beat it. It’s tough as friggin’ nails. Although it’s hilarious (USA flag lapel pins as coins, tiny pigs as Goombas and stompable women’s clothing dressers giving out 150,000 points after their defeat), there’s way too many ? blocks and you die in one hit.

Game on, brothers and sisters.

ezbiker555 says:

Thats hallirous and Ironic. I was going to send a link about this earleir becasue i found the game this morning. So many references to what happend in this election and this is a very fun game. Looking forward to the expansion of it.