ESA's Nite to Unite Raises $750K for Kids

November 7, 2008 -

The ESA Foundation, the charitable arm of video game publishers trade group the Entertainment Software Association, announced this week that it raised $750,000 for various children's charities at the organization's annual Nite to Unite.

The sold-out event was held on October 22nd in San Francisco. Legendary Nintendo game designer Shigeru Miyamoto (left) was honored with the 2009 ESA Champion Award.

ESA CEO Michael Gallagher commented on the spirit behind Nite to Unite:

The video game industry’s commitment to giving back is stronger than ever. For ten years now, Nite to Unite has been the premiere industry event dedicated to children’s causes and honoring its creative visionaries. I’m honored that so many distinguished individuals and organizations attended.

Comments

Re: ESA's Nite to Unite Raises $750K for Kids

What the hell is that, a small DS, or is Miyamoto just that big?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

Re: ESA's Nite to Unite Raises $750K for Kids

I hope they don't try to donate a share to the Christian Children's Fund; apparently they don't want our money.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm