PETA Roasts Cooking Mama with Parody Game

Video games seem to be increasingly showing up on the radar of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

GamePolitics readers will recall that earlier this month PETA gave props to Sega for ditching a Samba de Amigo commercial which featured a trained chimp.

The animal rights group has once again strayed into the video game habitat with Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals, an unlikely parody of Majesco’s Cooking Mama: World Kitchen. The new Wii title launches tomorrow. A PETA press release explains why the group is howling mad about the new game:

Majesco’s game is so heavy on dishes that are made from dead animals that the only things missing are the blood and gore…

In the original version, players score points for assembling a meal. That also applies in PETA’s parody, but with this Thanksgiving dinner, players also must go through the motions of plucking the turkey’s feathers, pulling out the bird’s intestines, and cutting off the animal’s head. All the while, a demonic cleaver-wielding Mama takes delight in the agony. When the player beats the game, Mama has a change of heart and replaces her bloodlust with a craving for tofu-turkey.

Does that qualify as a spoiler? In any case, unlockable content in the parody game include vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes as well as hidden camera footage from a turkey slaughterhouse.

PETA spokesman Joel Bartlett dismisses claims that the parody game is making a mountain out of a mole hill:

We’re having a bit of fun at Mama’s expense, but there’s nothing funny about the suffering endured by turkeys and other animals who are killed for food. With all the delicious vegan alternatives available, there’s no need to make the carcass of a tormented bird the centerpiece of your Thanksgiving table.

Unruly says:

Yea, roosters tend to get really nasty sometimes. That’s why they’re always the first to go with our chickens. And I totally know what you mean about watching turkeys and chickens run/roll around after you’ve chopped off their head. We used to get together at my grandparents house just about every year on the day before Thanksgiving just to slaughter a turkey, and we would just let go and let it roll around for a few minutes and laugh as it ran into just about everything. Just one of those simple pleasures that a lot of people don’t get to enjoy.

Nekowolf says:

See, that’s why you got to start with the legs, and saves the hands for the very last. Hopefully, by then, they’ll already be dead due to the sheer damage to the body. Then we can dump it in a forest or something.

Adamas Draconis says:

Have a cat that loves bringing rabbits and squirrels to the house. She leaves them on the porch for (I’m not kidding) the Raven flock that nested in the oak tree next to the house. Crazy kitten even has conversations with the biggest one. (I thought someone spiked my tea when I saw it the first time.)

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

Adamas Draconis says:

Was raised on a farm myself. Main diff was we butchered the hogs ourselves as well and deer,rabbits,squirrels,fish and the occasional turtle. (And the first person says a turtle is cute have never had to remove a "alligator"snapping turtle from an animal’s leg.)

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

mogbert says:

The difference between vegitarian and vegan is that a vegitarian is a dietary choice. A Vegan has made a moral stand to fight the opression of the meatocracy. One orders salads for lunch, the other pees on your hamburger. One says "No thanks, I’m a vegitarian", the other says "How can you eat that dead chicken corpse. It was ripped from it’s mothers embrace and rasied in a machine for nothing more then to become some heartless bastards meal."

Basically, one of them gets along fine with everyone, the other cheeses the rest of us off.

Conejo says:

obviously they want us to keep eating meat. that’s why they show us all those tasty pictures of how animals become dinner.

Here are we — and yonder yawns the universe.

GM ace says:

No need? Of course there’s a need, you fools! I require the flesh of slaughtered animals to appease my hunger! And may the flesh be tainted by the pain of their passing, for their pain is DELICIOUS!

Seriously PETA, no. I’m an omnivore, it says so right in the encyclopedia. Give me a turkey and pass the gravy.

Father Time says:

You’re talking individual members of the NRA I assume, while PETA administration actually organizes it’s crazy.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Jesus Christ! Fucking PETA. Remember that one time when they wanted to have that polar bear (I think it was a polar bear) killed because it was raised by people? That’s ethical, but eating meat, oh hell no!

I say we have PETA fight Greenpeace for what gets eaten. (wakka wakka!)

-Remember kids, personal responsibility is for losers! -The Buck Stops Here.

Hevach says:

Actually, the NRA (or at least certain members) do push views on people. Mid-Michigan had a scandal the day before the election: NRA members working for several major papers (all conservative papers, but they’d all endorsed Obama) replaced the bags used for delivery papers with NRA "Defeat Obama" bags, and a NRA members working on the delivery routes vandalized houses displaying Obama signs.

Not at all comparable to things done by PETA members in some of the same neighborhoods, but the NRA has hardly been innocent throughout its history. This wasn’t even the first vandalism in my neighborhood by people distributing NRA-sponsored campaign material, it’s happened every major election since 1996.

Austin_Lewis says:

I think Cabella’s is a lot more likely to call PETA on copyright infringement than Majesco.  Probably why PETA chose Majesco and not a Pro-NRA group.

Austin_Lewis says:

I don’t see how the NRA is more evil; they’re not the ones pushing their views onto you.  PETA demands we not eat animals, imprison animals, or keep animals as pets, while the NRA just demands you be able to own a firearm.  They don’t even demand that you actually OWN a firearm!

Austin_Lewis says:

When colleges ask for someone from PETA to come to their school, they often get a terrorist to go speak in front of the children.  I really can’t stand PETA or its members.  Hell, PETA and Greenpeace have hijacked way too much of our elementary schools’ curriculum.

Austin_Lewis says:

For the most part, vegans are an astoundingly preachy group of jackasses.  Now, vegetarians are more mellow, but I’ve never encountered a vegan who didn’t complain about me eating meat in front of him, even when I was in college.

Krono says:

I once had to clean up a baby rabbit our old cat got. Half was by the front door, half was by the back door.

Then there was that one bird that was still in full flying condition when the cat dropped it. Poor kitty cat was all "Hey, where’d it go?" when the bird flew off in the direction of the end of the block, as fast as it could.

Father Time says:

I’ve never seen any of the nutgroups in my college but that may be because my college is small and fairly new.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Count_Zero says:

You know, wouldn’t Cabella’s "Big Game Hunter" series make a much better target, as it directly involves the killing of animals? Not to mention that while the games are horribly bad, they have a great deal of market penetration due to machines at various chains of sports bars (like, for example, my local Buffalo Wild Wings).

Then again, those places serve meat, so they’re already on PETA’s shit list…

Father Time says:

Nothing wrong with being a vegetarian (my uncle is one) but it’s PETA we have a problem with.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

E. Zachary Knight says:

Never had them eating each other, but the rooster do get violent. The dominant rooster rips the tail feathers off the other roosters and the roosters bite the necks of females when mating. So there can be a lot of blood in the chicken pen.

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page:
    Facebook Page:

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

JustChris says:

If I’m not mistaken I think PETA’s biggest tactic to get people to quit eating meat is by making them see what animals go through when they are reduced to a meaty carcass. In that case their biggest problem shouldn’t be that we eat meat, but it’s where we get our meat from. PETA always loses track of that, and it’s what annoys me the most about it. Remember what PETA stands for? It’s about treating animals in an ethical way, and no way does it imply that it should stop eating meat altogether.

I’m not against the systematic raising and killing of animals for food but I do wish that we’d put more finesse and care into it. The biggest problem seems to be with cattle- they’re not as genetically manipulated as chickens to grow to a certain size so they encounter more problems when taking them into the assembly line for slaughter.

There are big technology advances in almost all industries, yet when it comes to meat-preparing it all looks like crude WWII tech. Some cows don’t get gassed well enough, and people just contine to chop their necks while they’re still breathing. PETA could do more by educating the people behind the source of the problem than the consumers where meat reaches the "final product" state and it’s too late to do anything about the animal.

face777 says:

A few comments on here seem VERY anti-vegetarian/vegan. To those,  I say they can shove their opinion up their arses sideways along with a handful of rusty nails and shattered bone shards. I don’t always agree with PETA, from what I have seen of them (in the UK), no doubt the majority of their escapades elude me, but as a practicing veggie I don’t insist others refrain from eating meat, so where the f*ck do you get off saying vegetarianism isn’t a good lfestyle choice?

Grrrrrrr, some ignorant bastards really chap my hide.

Father Time says:

I like the root of all evil’s NRA vs. peta scenario, unfortunately the NRA was ruled as more evil. However when it comes to a fight we all know who would win.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

GoodRobotUs says:

Scary, Canada isn’t the kind of place I’d associate with that kind of behaviour :(

At least here the worst we seem to get is ‘Please buy a cake to help fund our fashion show!’. I suppose that’s one advantage to multi-culturalism and PC, even if it has gone nuts 😉

Father Time says:

I’ve never seen a PETA member say they want to ban meat, fur yes, animal testing, yes but not meat. I think PETA despite it’s ravid enthusiasm realizes that trying to ban meat will make you hated by everyone who enjoys meat (which is mostly everyone), so it attacks the meat industry instead.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

GrimCW says:

if cooking mama had the blood and gore i’d probably be playing it!

PETA fails again! i’m a human and need my meat, if i didn’t then i wouldn’t have sharp teeth i’d have flat ones.

don’t care bout the pills behind it, or the yellow color of the skin if i was a veggy, shooting them critters and eaten up is fine by me and rather tasty.

i’m all for the humane treatement of animals, but not the PETA concept of it.

i mean cripes, first its peta complains about the unhumane treatement and land clearing for the cattle ranches, then its the EPA or WWF complaining about the land clearing for crops and lost homes for animals if we don’t eat the cattle..

we’d need to seriously expand our fields to fill the order if theres no meat on the table…

i love hearing them protests as i live in a farmin community.

Father Time says:

He did all that right in front of you? I would’ve thought he’d kill them bring them to his shop and then make the finer cuts.

Raising chickens sounds fun though.

Oh and I read that on rare occasions chickens sometimes eat each other in captivity has that ever happened to you?

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Leet Gamer Jargon says:

Yes, I do think that some of the shit turkey farmers do to their fowl isn’t really "humane", but I think that if they are going to kill the bird, they should just take it by the neck and chop its head off in one hack. That’s it, that’s all that’s needed.

You can be a carnivore if you want (although I’m not too sure about an all-meat diet being too friendly on your colon) or an herbivore if you want (although it may lead to different colonic problems), but me? I’m an omnivore. Not carnivore, not herbivore; omnivore. I will eat all kinds of food that is put in front of me, whether it be meat, veggie, or something completely unrecognizable. If it’s tasty, it’s goin’ in mah belly! I am an omnivore, and I will not excuse myself for it!

And how dare you bastardize Cooking Mama like that! She is a sweet and lovable person who only wants to make delicious foods for people to enjoy. But you arseholes first turn her into a deranged slaughterer, then into some fucked-up, tofu-molding flower child. How dare you manipulate and destroy her innocence to fit your understandable-yet-extremist views!

PETA…kiss my ass.

Game on, brothers and sisters.

GoodRobotUs says:

If you ever get a chance, watch David Attenborough’s documentary on chimps. When they catch a monkey, they don’t kill it ‘humanely’, they literally rip it’s limbs from its body whilst it is still alive. Most of the Cat family is just as bad, I’ve cleared up a good few decapitated frogs from the kitchen over the last few days thanks to the cats.

Father Time says:

Anyone else feel like making Micheal Vick’s Nintendogs out of spite?

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

GoodRobotUs says:

I’m a mature student, which kind of alters the perspective of Uni, but I’m glad I’m in the UK, if someone waved those pictures in my face, they’d end up having them shoved somewhere that most certainly is not a printer paper holder.

I had to have my first child aborted, since there were medical conditions that had damaged the foetus and risked the health of my wife, so whilst I fully support someone elses’ choice not to abort, I also support people’s choice to do so, I just don’t think it is something that anyone else is entitled to hold an opinion on.

Derovius says:

Someone should show them the videos of chimpanzees hunting in the wild when they cry foul of the treatment in meat processing plants. The little bastards (the chimpanzees, not PETA) have even been documented eating the offspring of females who mated with weaker males.

Derovius says:

There is alot of unpleasantness in University that should never leave campus. PETA is one of the major players, but so are those nutjobs that blockade one of the major foot-traffic routes through the campus to show you pictures of aborted human fetuses. Never have I craved a hamburger more, thank you very much.

Baruch_S says:

I might be able to take PETA more seriously if they released serious press releases. They need to try to be serious and academic instead of relying on fear-mongering and hype to get their message across. Most people either agree with them and get outraged or disagree with them and think their press releases are excessive and ridiculous. I hate to tell PETA this, but their reputation as a bunch of nuts doesn’t help them get their point across.

1AgainstTheWorld says:

I think the freaks from PETA should eat each other.  That way we get rid of them, they get to make a very bold statement, and no innocent animals OR plants get killed.  Everybody wins.  Oh, ‘cept the last PETA freak.

Zerodash says:

In college, PETA & veganism was all the rage (and other counterculture fads).  I even made the mistake of dating a PETA/vegan girl…she was out of her frickin’ mind.

I still can’t understand why they make tofu stuff that looks like meat foods.  What is so bad about eating tofu that looks like tofu?   I enjoy tofu sometimes, but not when I think its a sausage link and it turns out to be a dogfood-tasting tofu monstrosity.

Tom90deg says:

Blarg. I say again, BLARG! To quote Ron White, I didn’t climb to the top of the food chain to eat carrots. You see those two pointed teeth in your mouth? They’re for the ripping and tearing of meat. I’ve an idea PETA. I don’t force you to eat steak, and you don’t force me to eat Soy. How about that, respecting each others choices and decisions, instead of deamonizeing those who disagree with you? Wait, that would require thinking that other people can disagree with you, and still be a nice person.

If you cannot best a man in argument, all is not lost. You can still call him vile names.

E. Zachary Knight says:

Some of my fondest memories growing up were the family gatherings around plucking and gutting chickens. We would buy dozens of chickens, raise them and slaughter them. We would gather in an assembly line and get to work. It is always funny when one gets away after having its neck cut. Seeing a headless chicken running around the yard is the funniest thing anyone could ever see.

Other great memories were when the butcher would come to collect the cows and pigs we raised for slaughter. He would come. Shoot them between the eyes, string them up from their hind legs, slit their necks and drain the blood. Then he would peel back the skin to remove it. Next he split the belly and dumped the internal organs into a bucket. Finally he would get a big motoried saw and cut the beast down the backbone splitting it in two. He would then wrap it in plastic and cart it off to be chopped into the wonderful cuts we know and love.

Ah, such fond memories.

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page:
    Facebook Page:

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

Chuma says:

PETA can go to hell.  Do they really think that people who eat meat don’t know where it comes from?  Do they think that I haven’t gutted an animal or had to wash blood off the carcass in order to clean it before cooking and eating it?  Do they think it makes a damn bit of difference?  Vegan alternatives taste like crap and have very little similarity in nutrition.  The amount of supplements my flatmate and her boyfriend have to take to top up on what vegetables, pulses and pasta don’t provide is frankly incredible.

Sorry but if a group like this goes after people for just eating meat, then they can fuck right off.  If they want to talk about animal WELFARE and highlight issues there, that’s another matter, but playing the "aww you’re eating cute little fuzzy animals  *sniff*" card gets nothing but contempt from me.

Michael Chandra says:

Except for the fact where, in fact, those delicious vegan alternatives taste dull or disgusting to me. So up theirs.

hellfire7885 says:

They owe me a bucket of headache medicine. Oh, wait, it might have been tested on an animal, so I should suffer. Oh, but they use it so it’s ok, but it’s not ok for me….

Ok, just to sum it up,, these people need lives.

GoodRobotUs says:

This just makes me all the more determined to put my incisors to good use this Xmas.

Am I concerned about cruelty to battery animals, yes. Would I not eat turkey at Xmas? Well, actually, I don’t like Turkey, so I have chicken, but I wouldn’t go without, and the bird is beyond having an opinion.

It’s kind of wierd because I have more respect for someone who kills their own Christmas Turkey than buys it from the supermarket, the least people in the world that PETA have to worry about are those that kill their own food, the real damage is done by the commercialisation of the Meat industry, not in its existence.

Wolvenmoon says:

My family has a long running soy allergy.

These assholes would kidnap my dogs and kill them, make me eat food that made my throat swell shut, then blame my previous eating habits as I lay on the floor dying.

Congrats peta, I’m going to go get a baconater, in my leather coat, with my leather wallet.

Wardog13 says:

Oh god, I hate PeTA. Besides, everyone knows that real turkey is better than tofu anything

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely"

Father Time says:

Yes animals prepared for slaughter live very bad horrible lives stuck up in small cages. They want to do die and if they don’t then they shouldn’t have to live like that. Have mercy on an animal, and eat it so it can avoid all that pain and suffering.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Father Time says:

We can go green and eat meat at the same time. Actually dead organic matter can do wonders for the soil. Why should we deprive the soil of a great thanksgiving meal eh? Feed the turkey, kill it, feed us, then bury it thus feeding the soil. Than we can just try to feed the poor and it’ll be thanksgiving all around.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Chaplain99 says:

That’s right, guys, we’ve had it wrong all along!  We shouldn’t be EATING turkeys, we should be BEFRIENDING them!  So put down that 12-gauge, Billy Bob, because hunting season’s over!  We’re going GREEN!

DCOW says:

I know, it was directed at the article itself.

I effing LOVE meat. and in the immortal words of maddox "for every animal you don’t eat, i’m gonna eat THREE"

my comment was directed at the spokesmen that dared say vegan food is tasty.

in fact that reminds me, I need to get some tasty lamb chops and deep fried bacon from the local butcher. gawd I love that place 😀

ConnorM5 says:

Was that at me? Because there is nothing I like better than a good burger. My post, above yours, was to a) link to a site showing just how batshit loco PETA is, and b) express my sentiments that the worse an animal is treated before it dies, the better it tastes after you cook it. How else do you explain KFC? Okay, that was a joke.

But in all seriousness, if chickens had thumbs and brains the size of ours, they’d hunt and eat us without a moment’s hesitation.

ChrowX says:

Animals do not deserve the rights of humans because animals do not have the capabilities and cognitive faculties of humans. Inhumane torture of a create like a turkey, which barely knows which orifice to eat with doesn’t really amount to anything shocking when you cosinder that the way animals kill other animals can be incredibly vicious and callous. Applyng ethics to something that ranks lower on the sentience ladder is a foolish and wasteful use of time and effort. PETA will never accomplish anything short of proving that natrual selection stopped working generations ago.

DeepThorn says:

Hey, if you guys go to the PETA Mama Game, click on Ask Mama For Vegan Recipes, and put in some text like this:

I love the Cooking Mama series and PETA’s new parody of it, but I would love to see Mama make more animal based recipes or even a game with just animal based recipes. There is no doubt that I would play it!

Animals raised and killed for food have no federal legal protection from the abuses that they suffer, including neglect, mutilations, chronic pain, and crippling, but we are at the top of the food chain for a reason.  So PETA can get over it.

Please consider adding an animal based recipe Cooking Mama game to your wonderful series, and gamers around the world will love you for it.

Your fellow friendly meat eater.

Now I really hope PETA comes to this article, haha.

PS: I am going to hell for being an asshole…

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
    How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Doomsong says:

Actually, most intelligent humans want no association with PETA…

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" – Benjamin Franklin

King of Fiji says:

Yeah true that.  Still I’m pretty sure Nintendo wouldn’t want to be associated with PETA.

At anypoint yeah good point.  Unlike PETA I listen to the other side of the argument.

PoisonedV says:

Copyright infringement? It’s fucking parody, and I would say that yes, it does fall under fair use. I hate PETA as much as the next guy, but everyone should have equal rights. People on the internet need to stop picking and choosing stuff. When somebody does something that criticizes a game, it’s copyright infringement, but when someone makes a fangame that you enjoy, it isn’t… hmmm. Stop fronting.

Chaplain99 says:

Reminds me of the Clancy "Rainbow Six" book.  Deport ’em to a remote jungle location and set ’em loose.  They don’t wanna kill to survive, so be it.

Flak says:

Jeez. Just how delusional can you be? While the game aint bad, it bullshit as well. Although this is coming from the group whos chairperson (president?) said ‘If with scientific testing on rats we could cure AIDS, we’d be against it’

Live long, game hard, and don’t cheat.

JC says:

PETA is a terrorist group. They aren’t shy against using fears and threats to get their way and brainwash people. They tend to be somewhat selective on who they attack. They won’t go attacking bikers for wearing leather, out of fear of being attacked themselves, but they’ll attack women for wearing tight leather or some fur, even if it just looks the part and isn’t.

I’ve already had my say against peta long ago, and it is a silly cause. Vegans aren’t necessarily bad, but some are preachy, but many people from any particular group can get preachy about anything. I just think Vegan diets are fairly insane from the amount of supplements you have to take, in comparison to a vegetarian diet. Then, you have those scary stories of vegans that misfed their children by forcing vegan diets on them creating children that weigh as much as 60 lbs. @ 6 feet tall. The result sounds worse than the balleria children that underwent strict diets to look thin for recitals.

Peta are hypocrites as Pen & Teller point out, just remember that hypocrisy is a sign that those people will do anything for their selfish benefit, they don’t care about others involved in something.

Zero Beat says:

I despise PETA.  They’re a shade shy of being a terrorist group.  The ASPCA does a much better job and they do it with a sense of sanity.  And I don’t care how it was killed, if an animal tastes good and is healthy to eat, down the hatch it goes.

I leave you with something I say to screw with PETA: "If God didn’t want us to eat animals, He wouldn’t have made them so delicious."

Kajex says:

I don’t see it being said here, but…

This isn’t the first time they’ve used this kind of phrase. They’re infamous for releasing a number of pamphlets labeled "You Mommy/Daddy Kills Animals, with graphic covers depicting a man or woman gutting a fish or rabbit. The entire point was to paint PARENTS as the bad guys.

This is another example of retardedness that PETA has employed. Nothing says "we’re wasting a buttload of cash by dumping it towards campaigns where he demonize certain people and as an effect, turn children against their parents". They don’t like Nintendo, and it shows- they have "talented" "game designers" make "original" "games" that are remarkably similar (Read: blantantly obvious rip-offs) of Super Mario, to demonize KFC.

Father Time says:

That reminds me of that scene from the dark knight where the joker had the one guy and one of his henchman had the leash to a barking dog and the joker said ‘let’s see how loyal a hungry dog really is’

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

SimonBob says:

You guys realize clubbing the baby seals is illegal, right?  Legislation in Canada prevents the hunters (most of whom are earning a third of the $15,000-per-year income in the one hunt) from clubbing anything but the grown seals with the relatively less glossy grey coats.  But that doesn’t look good on an alarmist PETA poster, now does it?

The Mammon Industry

Austin_Lewis says:

I’ve hated PETA since they started throwing paint on people who own fur, all the while they kill about 1800 dogs a year.  However, I’m glad to see Penn and Teller debunk their bullshit too.

Really, I like Penn and Teller a lot.  They’re a credit to magicians everywhere, just like Harry Houdini.

infect999 says:

I played through the game…and I have to say that making the real turkey was a lot more fun than the tofu thing. Plus the turkey turned out really disgusting, so I think the real reason PETA hates having turkey for Thanksgiving is that they can’t make a proper one.

On a side note, I wonder what they’re going to do about the dogs in CoD5.

Arell says:

I just watched that episode of Penn and Tellers Bullshit, and I have a question.

That guy who goes to universities and shows students how to make incendiary devices.  His arguement is that destruction of property and violence are acceptable tactics if you believe strongly enough against the "amorality" of certain types of behavior (basically, terrorism is ok if it’s for a "good cause").  So, if I find his indocrination of our vapid youth to be obscene, I’m perfectly in the right to firebomb his home while he’s out getting groceries?

Adamas Draconis says:

Why I like Edamame. Barely processed and a nice snack. But I’m NOT eating the abomination called "Tofurkey". That stuff is just nasty.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

Randomavatar says:

True, I was referring to intensive, industrialised farming through, not all farming.

Also it makes a big difference on the consumer end, freerange and well farmed animals make better, more nutritious meat. I’m all for giving animals a nice happy life before they get the chop and I get the chops.

Baruch_S says:

Actually, responsible grazing is beneficial to grasslands; you just have to have a responsible rancher who is willing to take the time to rotate grazing plots so the grasses have time to regrow. Pigs and chickens can also be raised without any harmful effects on the environment if you know how to properly recycle the waste and don’t leave them in any one spot for too long. The problem is that industrialized animal raising is an irresponisble joke that people follow because it’s easier than responsible farming and herding practices.

Take a look at Community Supported Agricultures; they grow and raise plenty of plants and animals in rather small plots without having any sort of harmful effect on the environment. Plus, the animals are raising very humanely and are really tasty.

Yuuri says:

There are also studies that are showing that eating too much soy can block the absorbtion of vital nutrients. The chemicals that cause the blocking also tend to get more concentrated the more the soy is processed.

Nekowolf says:

Hey, careful with the witch reference *is one* but totally. If there’s any left over, we could make a new product. I can be called Soylent Green Extra (now 100% PETA).

PoisonedV says:

What’s left? greenpeace!? ahahahaha. Yeah, fact is, most enviromentalist groups are plain violent. Greenpeace? How about attacking ships full of people? (sorry, I guess I’m some kind of animal-hating douchebag, but I place people above animals) There aren’t a whole lot more prominent groups, because most people see through ‘animal rights’ bullshit and they can only become popular by doing stupid publicity stunts and making public douches of themselves

mogbert says:

There isn’t anything on the plight of immagrent workers that are being exploited in the raising of their vegatables? Why are we more concerned with individual turkeys then with human beings?

I tried tofu burgers, they were so nasty that I threw the rest of them away, and I’m the type of person that HATES to throw away food. My wife was rasied by a mother who was on a healthfood kick. However, even she eats meat (although not steak like I would consider it, she like it thin enough to read a newspaper at 20 paces).

In short, a vegan lifestyle isn’t for everyone, so anyone who tryes to shove it down my throat is up for a fight.

Zevorick says:

Well I, for one, will be protesting the upcoming "battle Radish" because of the unethical treatment Iron Chef uses in the care of their vegetables. I’ll be there in the front line with signs singing

I couldnt make this up if I tried…

(Apparently from the Arrogant Worms)

Listen up brothers and sisters,
    come hear my desperate tale.
    I speak of our friends of nature,
    trapped in the dirt like a jail.

Vegetables live in oppression,
    served on our tables each night.
    This killing of veggies is madness,
    I say we take up the fight.

Salads are only for murderers,
    coleslaw’s a fascist regime.
    Don’t think that they don’t have feelings,
    just cause a radish can’t scream.

I’ve heard the screams of the vegetables (scream, scream, scream)
    Watching their skins being peeled (having their insides revealed)
    Grated and steamed with no mercy (burning off calories)
    How do you think that feels (bet it hurts really bad)
    Carrot juice constitutes murder (and that’s a real crime)
    Greenhouses prisons for slaves (let my vegetables go)
    It’s time to stop all this gardening (it’s dirty as hell)
    Let’s call a spade a spade (is a spade is a spade is a spade)

King of Fiji says:

If your a random PETA 2 person reading this website from the link I posted on the PETA 2 website then hey.

Its not that I’m against your position but I"m sorry that so called "parody" was full of lies.  There is a turkey farm near me and the turkey’s aren’t drugged so they can’t move.  They had the turkeys on tv.  The turkeys were happily pecking at the camera.

Between this blatent copyright infringment that you don’t deny since you put "Unauthorized" right on the game name and throwing flour in someone face without admitting its assault its kind of hard for me to want to go vegeterian.

Also with all the stupid stunts you pull its not hard to see that alot of people have low love levels towards PETA.

(Points to the comments below)

And also thanks for helping me with finding an alternative to cow milk since I’m allergic and what not.  xD

The King of Fiji

Adamas Draconis says:

And Zevo FTW!! Remember Battle Octopus? I’m surprised PETA didn’t have a collective heart attack. (Considering the Octopi were fully capable of slapping both Chefs) Maybe it’s only LAND animals they want to protect.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

Zevorick says:

Jesus F’ing Christ! Why doesnt PETA protest Iron Chief while they’re at it? Oh wait, that’s because the chairman and alton brown would kick the shiznit out of them. I can see it now. The chairman going all jackie chan while alton brown picks up a skillet and explains how it’s a good multitasker while bashing their brains in.

If this is their game then why not protest a culinary school? This is… beyond retarded.

Erik says:

What really amuses me about PETA is that they think they have some well kept secret that animals have to die for us to eat meat.  We get it PETA, we don’t care.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

Flamespeak says:

Then rotated every five minutes and a nice honey glaze applied to them.

I will feed them to some hungry bears and racoons, both omnivores, and see if they prefer meat over some berries also placed close by.  If they go for the berries, then a proper funeral will be had. If they go for the bodies, then PETA is obviously composed of witches.

I think that is how that test works anyways……..

Nekowolf says:

PETA can go fuck themselves with rusty diseased cleaver; they’re nothing more but radical, psychotic hypocrits who should be tossed into a burning pile, alive.

darkenchanter says:

The mouse controls were a tad unresponcive at times, but yeah, it was great fun. The blod effects were really, really fantastic. I really liked how the eggs squirt blood when you crack them open, it was a nice touch.

If somebody released it as a patch on the wii, I would buy it in an instant. Okay, steal, ’cause buying would make the PETA think I was paying because I care about the turkey, as opposed to wanting to see it carved up in a mortal kombat-esq volley of gore.

tollwutig says:

I’ll refrain from trying to undo a few million years of evolution to my digestive system just to make a few quacks happy.   Although up until the whole regret part it sounds like they made cooking mama more fun!

Father Time says:

No they should be convincing omnivores to give up meat not carnivores. After some of the PETA members have pets, sorry ‘companion animals’ that are meat eaters.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

MachShot1337 says:

Can you say "WTF"?

Seriously, Im all for the "not torturing" of animals. I even love animals. But if we were meant to not eat animals, our digestive systems would be Herbivore. Veganism should only be a diet method, not a way of life that defies common sense and science. Untill they start a campain to make Lions and Wolves to eat salad, I wont acknowlage their arguments as logic. And even then, i’ll just call them fair-crazy and not unfair-crazy.

I’ll be sure to eat an extra turkey in toast to PETA this coming thanksgiving. 😉

GoodRobotUs says:

Well, in truth the ‘scream’ can only be picked up with special equipment, and is really just the sound of the sap escaping through the capillaries.

That said, I’m an omnivore, that doesn’t mean I can choose whether to eat meat, regardless of what certain people try to tell you, it means that my system is designed to run best on a mixture of meat and vegetables. Omitting either entirely will mean a defecit in nutrients and health.

Randomavatar says:

To be fair intensive cattle farming is pretty destructive for the environment too, and pigs put out a lot of dangerous phsopherous in their waste that they can’t digest which is very bad.

but at least meat tastes better….

Jabrwock says:

and replaces her bloodlust with a craving for tofu-turkey

Not to mention the fact that tofu and soy are horrible for the environment. Destroys bio-diversity. At least beef can sustain itself on grasslands.

If animals are not tortured while they’re grown to feed me, then I have no qualms with eating meat. So all that means is I watch who I buy my meat from. Turning vegitarians merely due to a worry about how animals are treated is the cheap way out.

— If your wiimote goes snicker-snack, check your wrist-strap…

Derovius says:

Maybe if the soybeans screamed bloody murder when they were plucked from the vine they’d feel bad for tofu too. We’ll have to look into genetically altering us some screaming soybeans; whose with me?

Anthrax says:

What the fuck? Where’d that come from? I swear, people will complain about anything. Reminds me of something George Carlin once said: "Since when was life sacred?"

Not that animals don’t matter, but I don’t think eating meat is wrong, I mean I’m doing it right now! As long as you don’t overhunt, I don’t see anything wrong with serving some deliciously meaty meals.

Derovius says:

I always wondered, why isn’t PETA focusing on the current war(s)? Humans are animals too you know , and no one can say that war is anything but butchery. /sarcasm