Majesco Bites Back at PETA Attack on Cooking Mama

Earlier this week, animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) took a bite out of Majesco’s Cooking Mama: World Kitchen.

To make its point, PETA offered Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals, a parody which features a blood-thirsty Mama coaching the player through slicing and dicing a Thanksgiving turkey (already dead, despite the title).

PETA apparently took issue with the new Wii title’s meat-heavy menu, calling the game "so heavy on dishes that are made from dead animals that the only things missing are the blood and gore…

Not surprisingly, Majesco disagrees with that view. Yesterday the game publisher issued a response to PETA:

[Of 51 total recipes] Cooking Mama World Kitchen includes more than 25 vegetarian-friendly recipes including delicious breakfast, dinner, dessert and snack options.  And, while Mama is not a vegetarian, she fully supports the humane treatment of animals, particularly for her canine protégé Max who makes his doggie debut in World Kitchen.

While a press release is not as awesome as responding with a parody flash game of its own, Majesco still had a bit of fun by including a quote from Mama herself:

I would never put rat in my Ratatouille. Like any accomplished cook, I create my recipes to appeal to a broad range of tastes and preferences. My only goal is to ensure you leave the table well fed.

-Reporting from San Diego, GP Correspondent Andrew Eisen is an omnivore…

Deamian says:

Honestly, PETA complains justly and understandably with an informed opinion like… once, or twice, a year.

That they fight and denounce animal cruelty, that is one living being harming another with no point, I’m all for it.

When they complain about a cooking videogame… Does PETA knows the entire species’ survival relied, relies, and will rely, on humans killing animals? People fighting the very primal basic nature of our cycle of life are fun to watch.

PETA is a blind-folded loose-canon with a lot of fire in it’s heart, methink

As for the best pet out there; Cat. Much less upkeep to do than a dog, even though you can always chain the dog and shove him in a doghouse outside yer house. And you can always count on the cat to not piss you off with it’s presence if you don’t feel like it, unlike a dog, which nearly takes a beating to make it understand "Fuck off! I don’t want to play."

Shadow D. Darkman says:

"LOLcats and youtube anyone"

Sadly YouTube is blocked on the laptop I’m using (it’s a school-issued one).

"School content filters = FAIL = *facepalm*"

I’d like to say that again.

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

cpu64 says:

I don’t know what’s worse here, PETA for their stupidity, or people here talking about which [cat or dog] makes a better pet.
    Clearly people will favor the animal that they like better. Dog people say cats suck, and cat people don’t even bother arguing about dogs. ^_^ (Oh snap!)

I’ll just put it this way, both cats and dogs are capable of displaying affection towards a person/owner. But its obvious that cats have a wider variety of personality characteristics. Dogs either bark, cry or whine. And most of the time, for no reason at all. Dogs will slober on you (gross) while cats like to "head-but" and pur.

If you miss a dog’s feed, it may bark, it may not, but you still don’t know if its for food, or because a kid on a bike just passed by.
    With a cat, they will drag you to the empty bowl and point out the problem. And if they know where the food is, they can find a way to get to it. I could go on and on about how much more intelligent cats are natually. The suckers learn stuff on their own, and simple things like using a litter box, they just know, its common sense to them. No training.

Dogs just crap anywhere they feel like, and the sad part is, the owner thinks its cute to pick up crap and cary it in a baggy while walking the dog.

Cats are super entertaining (LOLcats and youtube anyone) and relaxing. Dogs are smelly, loud and obnoxious.

Adamas Draconis says:

Well, maybe not at the TOP of the chain. But thats another discussion. But we can all agree some humans need to be a few links lower, where they might actually do some good for the animal kingdom…as lunch.

Austin_Lewis says:

Yao Guai were originally bears, if I recall correctly.  Of course, neither are very cute anymore.  But they certainly shut the fuck up when you pop em in the head.

DeepThorn says:

What is this "conscience" you speak of?

Seriously though, we are only partly conscience of what we do, if we were fully conscience people would be able to see the smaller picture, bigger picture and everything between all at the same moment and be able to make a lot better judgments than they do.  Hence PETA exists…

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
    How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Shadow D. Darkman says:

"Perhaps they kill them to ‘release’ them?"

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Nice. Have a cookie.

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

Father Time says:

They probably have your e-mail address blocked by now.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Father Time says:

I think the term enlightened should only be used by

A. Buddhists

B. People who seriously practice meditation (like A)

C. People who have just had an epiphany

And the term should not be thrown around a lot.

And yeah there might be a D option that I forgot to include but it surely isn’t ‘people who were convinced to change their views’.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Father Time says:

…are you freaking kidding me?

Does PETA take issue with every non-vegetarian cookbook?

Really the game shows people how to cook meat, are they really going to say that that will encourage kids to not become vegetarians? Really?

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Twin-Skies says:

Because being cute, witty with your retort is a brilliant way of counter-attacking. Imagine an angry old-man’s rants getting pwned by a little girl’s matter-of-fact response – that’s how Majesco looked to me.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Anthrax says:

Why the fuck do they euthanize perfectly healthy animals? Doesn’t that sort of defeat the point of rescuing them in the first place, and in the process, destroy their whole message?

Adamas Draconis says:

As has been pointed out, PETA has been filmed euthanizing perfectly healthy animals they "Adopted" from local animal shelters. Alot of shelters won’t even talk to PETA anymore except to get animals AWAY from them.

shady8x says:

Wow 50% of recipes don’t require killing animals to make?

PETA should learn from this game, after all… PETA KILLS 2/3 OF THE ANIMALS IT ‘SAVES’…(The last part is a fact. If you suport PETA, DEAL WITH IT)

Michael Chandra says:

Actually, Cruelty has a human heart. What we perceive as cruel, is just their nature for those animals. They don’t have a conscience nagging on them for it.

Adamas Draconis says:

Yeah, same here. That and when I was a kid my twin and I’d wrestle with our dogs, so they saw us first as pups, then as higher members in the Pack. And theres nothing like seeing a bulldog carrying a pair of twins on his back like they were oak leaves, and "grinning" the entire time.

Mr. Stodern says:

I regularly email PETA pictures of myself wearing my Maddox-made "For every animal you don’t eat, I’m going to eat three" T-shirt while enjoying a steak, cheeseburger, or plate of lambchops.

Monte says:

Ya my uncle raised his dog treating it like a pack animal. He’s even got the little things down like feeding the dog only after the rest of the family has eaten; just as the heads of the pack always eat first… She’s very loyal and loving… no doubt that if they tried to release her to wild she would just come running back

really, it’s hard to see pets as "slaves" when the seem to love the way they live so much… last i check, wagging their tails and panting was a sign that a dog was really happy

hellfire7885 says:

Pretty much exactly how that group in Futurama was. They stated they "trained" a lion to eat tofu, and when it was brought it it was coughing and emaciated.

I wouldn’t put it past PETA to try the same crap.

Monte says:

I recall once seeing a short video on like youtube of a predator eating its prey, and there were signs that the prey looked like it was still alive… and it was big prey so you can imagine the meal would take a while to finish

Nature is can be very cruel on its own

zel says:

My sentiments exactly, too often these pro-animal groups think that nature is somehow much kinder and gentler than humans when it’s far fromt that. It reminds me of Madagascar the movie when they finally get to the jungle, that portion cracked me up 😛

I am a signature virus, please copy and paste me into your signature to help me propagate.

Adamas Draconis says:

You forgot how the Felines take their prey. Most of them either suffocate their prey by clamping the windpipe in their teeth.(If the don’t pierce the vein) Or simply break it’s neck and eat. As any doctor can tell you, a Broken neck isn’t always (Or even most of the time) instantly fatal. So the prey is still alive when the meal begins.

But yeah Peta does need a reminder thet Nature isn’t all sunlight and rainbows. Whats that saying…Oh yeah "RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW"

Zerodash says:

Stupidity?  Not really, since I’m sure many of those kids managed to graduate.  It’s more like arrogance, since they tended to believe they had all the answers to life despite barely being adults.  In fact, since they didn’t have to work for a living yet (parents usually paid for college), they had little idea what the world is really about.  Most of the college vegan/PETA kids I went to school with had TONS of free time on their hands.  Other students who actually had to work hard to pay for school/living expenses did not have such luxury.

My favorite term that they used was "Enlightened".  To call yourself "enlightened" at any age, let alone your early 20’s is just plain foolish.  I’m in my 30’s (and did quite a bit in life), and still don’t feel anywhere near the point of having seen or known it all…

Geoff says:

PETA has it’s heart in the right place, but they are just as self-righteous and annoying as a fundie Christian.  It’s all black and white to them, with no room for compromise or foresight.  And it’s disturbing that such an organization play the "aganist nature" card without taking a look at nature herself.

Ok, so a dog is a "slave" huh?  Why, because it follows you and obeys your commands?  Canines are pack-oriented animals.  In your dog’s eyes you and anyone else that lives with you is his/her pack.  As the owner, you are the alpha (or you should be if you raised the dog properly).  Packs operate in a strict hierarchy, which means when the alpha says "go" the rest of the pack moves.  This doesn’t mean it’s ok to torture the animal or beat it or anything like that.  However nor is a dog a "slave" because it follows you around.  For all their talk about getting back attuned with "nature", PETA wants you to humanize the animal so that it’s an "equal".  Well a dog’s natural instincts don’t agree with that idea.  Worse thing you can do to a pet is treat it like a human.

Now let’s say theoretically we all released our pets into the wild so they aren’t "slaves" anymore.  You have any idea how many dogs would die as a result?  (Cats would fare much better).  Disease, exposure, food, and wild predators would lead to the death of lots of dogs.  In fact many breeds of dogs would probably go extinct as a result.  The only breeds that would have a good shot at survival would be medium, medium-large breeds such as Shepherds.  Small breed dogs lack the strength and speed to do well in the wild.  Likewise large breeds such as a Mastiff require a lot more food to sustain themselves, an amount that they would be hard press to find especially if they grouped up in a pack.  Also large breeds are pretty slow themselves ’cause of all the weight they have to pull.

A similar thing would happen to the cows if we suddenly released them.  Disease would take a large bulk of them out real quick but the predators would have a walking buffet waiting for them.  And for the record bears, wolves, cougars, and other such predators don’t give a damn about humanly killing animals.  Hell wolves practically make their prey choke on their own blood.

Excuse the rant, but PETA reminds me of so many other extreme organizations in that there seems to be very little thought in their arguments.  For all their talk about the "natural" way they seem to forget one key fact; nature is f’n cruel.

Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cook-book! Little Red Cook-book!

Zerodash says:

When I was in college (Rutgers), I also worked full-time.  One of the places I went to lunch often was next to a Fur Store.  For much of the semesters, there would be RU students (fully indoctinated by PETA) spending their days standing in front of the store protesting it.

These eleitist college assholes (all in their early 20’s) had all the time in the world to protest fur during business hours- mostly because their mommy and daddy paid for school and they didn’t have to work.  Meanwhile, real people were spending their days actually working and contributing to society.  Who the hell did these snot-nosed children think they were?  Despite being barely over 21-22, they called themselves "enlightned".  Whatever.

sojaro says:

I mean, if you’ve gotta complain about something, a cooking game is probably not the best place to start.

When playing Fallout 3, who did not take pleasure from Fist-o-ing a Molerat?

When playing Pokémon, who did not selectively breed, catch, and slaughter to find the best-statted creature?

When playing (Generic RPG) who did not grind on thousands of cute woodland creatures?

But really, cooking games are going to turn the populace into blood-lusting savages.

Things like this are foolish.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

"-Reporting from San Diego, GP Correspondent Andrew Eisen is an omnivore…"

Excellent find, Andrew! This just made my day!

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

Shadow D. Darkman says:

What kind of pics do you use when you do that? I keep using PNGs and JPEGs and they don’t work.

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

Shadow D. Darkman says:

School content filters = FAIL = *facepalm*

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

Shadow D. Darkman says:

If Lady Bast was offended by what Mr. Bryant said, I do not blame her in the slightest.

Now excuse me while I look for one of my D&D books.

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

Zevorick says:

Will someone please think of the puppies?!

After doing some searching, all I have to say is Jesus F’ing Christ!!

"The cat, like the dog, must disappear….. We should cut the domestic cat free from our dominance by neutering, neutering, and more neutering, until our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist."
    -John Bryant, Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of a Changing Ethic, PETA 1982, p.15.

Austin_Lewis says:

Don’t forget about how he’ll miss not having three people who love him, medical care everytime he eats something that someone doesn’t think he should, a bed that costs about what a Wii costs, a few acres to run free in, and those car rides we go on every day where he sticks his head out the window while I do some quick errands.

Such a terrible thing, animal slavery.

AuntySocial says:

Weird.  When I sit at my desk, my cat is at my feet.  I can’t shut the bathroom door completely because my cat will want in too, where he sits at my feet while I sit on the toilet.  When I lie down on my bed, my cat is there using my legs as a pillow.  I nap, he naps.   He does go off and does his own thing, but most of the time, he is right by my side.  It’s been like this since the day I brought him home and placed him on the floor to set up his necessities.  He pitched a fit until I came back and picked him up.  I spent the first three months I had him, holding him.

Insanity has its toll. Please have exact change.

Krono says:

You must have had poorly trained/socialized cats, as none of the cats I’ve had have behaved that poorly.

The worst I’ve had for a trip to the vet was a couple hours of a cat being unhappy. The worst for a missed feeding is a cat meowing incessantly for food.

Pet a cat when it doesn’t want to be pet, and it gets up and moves elsewhere.

Father Time says:

That’s not really fair man dogs can’t open doors. If you owned a slave that couldn’t open doors you’d have to open doors for him.

When I first heard their idea that animals are slaves I thought they only meant farm animals, you know like an oxe or a horse pulling a plow. Then I realized they meant pets, and I sitll can’t get over the stupidity of that statement.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Hevach says:

As a cat owner, I’m pretty sure cats will only love you so long as you give them everything they want.

For example: Take a dog and a cat to the vet. The dog comes home and stares at you for the next couple days with the "Why did you do that to me?" eyes. The cat comes home and doesn’t want anything to do with you for a few days.

Miss the dog’s feeding, and he stares at you with "I’m hungry!" eyes. Miss the cat’s feeding, and he doesn’t want anything to do with you and destroys something expensive.

Pet the dog when he doesn’t want you to, and he gets excited – "Yay, I’m getting attention!" Pet the cat when he doesn’t want you to, and you lose an eye.

As long as you’re providing what the cat wants, it’ll love you. Screw up, and you’re on the shit list. The dog, however, will still love you and wonder why you don’t love him back.

ksefchik says:

Seriously, no offense to any of you pet lovers, but I think you’re all insane. I think most pet owners mistakenly assign "love" to the relationship they think their pet has with them when they should really be assigning it as "attachment" or "dependance".

I mean, really folks, dogs and cats are both fundamentally dumb animals – they both score pretty low in the intelligence index when compared to apes or some marine mammals. The only difference is that we’re around them that much more when we raise them as pets that we assign emotions to our pets’ actions when there really are none.

That kiss your dog just gave you by licking you was it actually collecting salts from your face/hand. Your cat does the same thing except he prefers to do it from his fur.  Dogs view you as the pack leader and cats view you as a source of comfort and food (as another poster suggested). These are just a few examples.

All that being said, I do enjoy the company of a pet as much as anyone else here. Obviously, I don’t think about this stuff when I’m with a pet or playing with my pet but I try not to kid myself as to what each party is getting out of the arrangement.

Of course that’s just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Adamas Draconis says:

LOL I was raised around Bulldogs,Dobermans,Samoyeds, Chows, etc etc. (And yes I was perfectly safe around all these "Dangerous" breeds. Assholes just don’t know how to treat them)

I like dogs, my last one was a Newfoundland/Chow mix who’s favorite game was "Goose the kitty" I’m just more suited, Personality/Temperment wise, to cats at this point in my life. That and like you I don’t have space for the dog I want.

Zevorick says:

I’m not so much prejudiced against dogs. In fact, when I get a stable home i’m looking into getting a German Shepherd, but right now I would feel it wrong to keep that kind of dog in a cramp apartment. I had a friend that raised them and even did a little dog show every now and then. They’re obscenely sweet and very protective.

Adamas Draconis says:

Domesticated Cats do develop a "Pride" structure. But yeah I’ve had my cats actually crawl under the covers with me when I had a high fever/chills to keep me warm, They’d even take shifts licking my forehead to try and keep my forehead damp between changes of the wet washcloth. (Can you tell I’m predjuced?)

Zevorick says:

I’ll have to disagree as well with the cats not loving their masters comments. My cat may be a special case, but here goes…

I got my cat from an animal shelter about 4 years ago. Her mother was killed too early for her and her littermates to be weened properly, and she displays a few of the suckling habits associated with that (suckling/biting on fingers mostly, which i’ve worked on breaking her of that habit for as long as I can remember. Apparently I suck at behavior conditioning >.<). She has most definately been attached at my hip from the moment I picked her up. Even now at 4 years old she absolutely has to be in the same room as me, or someone else she considers a member of my home  that she likes (my girlfriend for example). If I close my door at night, she’ll paw at it until I let her in so she can snuggle up next to me (preferably), and when I push her off she then chooses a pile of clothing that has my smell.

The most telling thing was when I had my back surgery (a knee surgery, back surgery, going bald, I have the body of a 40 year old I swear) my cat was whining at my mother who was taking care of me until she’d get up and go into the other room to tend to me, and then continue whining when she’d leave the room, whilst my male cat would stand guard at the foot of my bed, pacing back and forth to keep others he did not want to get too close. They were displaying a weird variation of pack behavior, which to me is as close as you’re going to get to love in some kind of animals.

Man this rant went on for awhile… How does this relate to PETA? Oh yeah, screw you PETA!!!! I’ll wear my faux furr and eat a big juicy steak as rare as they can make it by law so it bleeds when I bite into it all I want!!!

Adamas Draconis says:

Actually, part of it is the fact that all canines are "Pack" hunters. There is a easily defined social order based on Dominant/Submissive to a pack. With a dog, as opposed to a wolf or coyote, the humans they live with are "Alpha", they provide food and protection to the rest of the pack.

With most felines, they are basicly solitary, with the exception of Lions. A group of felines may have a "alpha" but all and all it’s a group of equals that live together, but often hunt seperately. That dynamic extends to the "Domesticated" feline. A Human provides food, but so does the cat (Anyone who has a cat bring in a squirrel, thats why, they are adding meat for the pot.) But if a cat doesn’t like the living conditions, they are more likely to just leave then a dog is. There have also been anecdotes of a cat remembering who mistreated them, even to the point of attacking the person after months or even years after being removed or being removed from the mistreatment.

That being said, I’ve had quite a few cats who are amazingly loving, most of them were strays I "Tamed" or adopted from shelters. (And most of the adopted ones were older ones or traumatized/abused "Hard cases" that they have troble getting adopted.)

Randomavatar says:

The truth is quite the opposite, because of the nature of the realtionship between people and dogs or cats it determined the depth of said relationship. Dogs are domesticated and bred to be subservient, the relationship is thus always a one sided matter, Cats however see themselves as equals, and thus when you bond with a cat its a mutual bond.

Thats not to say that dogs don’t love you its just the nature of power in any relationship.

Also people misunderstand cats because they have a very different set of body language to people, so if you don’t know cats theyure harder to understand.

Krono says:

I disagree that the cat doesn’t love you. Both the cats I’ve had in the past were quite loving, and the two we just got look like they’ll shape up to be just as friendly and loving.

Austin_Lewis says:

It’s also part of the reason why dogs make better pets. The cat doesn’t love you, he’s just there because its convenient. The dog will love you. My furry friend follows me around the house, when I sit at my desk he sits in my spare office chair (its a lazy boy recliner), when I sit at the table he sits next to me, when I’m on the couch in the basement he sits on the other one, etc.  Cats, cats are just there because they know they can get food.

Rudyard Kipling wrote a great story about it in his book ‘just so stories’ or something to that effect.  The story is called ‘the cat that walks by himself’.  I still have the book that my grandfather read those stories out of, its great.  Really wonderful children stories, much better than the crap written today for children.

Seriously, any parent here, go buy Just So Stories.

Found a link.  Hell yeah.

It’s only for the cat that walked by himself, but still.

Krono says:

That’d be part of why it’s said that cats domesticated themselves. Everything else humans brought into their settlments and tamed. Cat’s moved in on their own, and stuck around because they liked the place.

Adamas Draconis says:

Cats, unlike dogs, didn’t become friends with humans, they saw humans much as a lion sees a watering hole. The ancient Egyptians’ graineries drew their prefered food source so they hunted there and eventually became partners. But anyone who ones a cat will tell you that the term "Domestication" can only be loosely applied to felines, especially if they have cats that spend time outdoors.

Adamas Draconis says:

Hmmm…actually the rice wine sounds intresting, make a marinade with it and let it soak in the fridge at least a couple hours before cooking.

Adamas Draconis says:

Theres a reason my friends and I call ourselves a Pride (Or Pack for a couple of them, she’s very Wolfish), We have very predatory…attitudes about certain things.

Randomavatar says:

mmmm, I do mine similar, fried with butter and garlic puree, its the only way to treat a good steak, juicy and succulent. no guiness though.

mmmm, animal carcass….

Adamas Draconis says:

Hmmm never tried Guiness, I may have to. But considering I like my steak to still be twitching on my plate when I cut it, I’m not sure how much it’ll actually affect the meat.

Austin_Lewis says:

I make very, very juicy steak.

Take a ribeye or filet mignon and a pan.  Put some butter in the pan and start it melting, meanwhile put garlic salt and seasoning salt on both sides of the steak, then tenderize it.  Afterwards, drop it in the pan with the butter.  Now, pour Guinness over the steak, and cook to taste.  Serve with potatoes, carrots, macaroni and cheese, whatever you want.  Goes great with a pint of Guinness.

Anyway, I was too lazy to set the table, and my son was at practice, so I decided we would have steak in bed.  Which went pretty well until the dog jumped on the bed.

Not nearly as exciting as you were hoping for, no doubt.

HungryHungryHomer says:

Then I might have to go buy a Wii…

DeepThorn says:

Hey, if you guys go to the PETA Mama Game, click on Ask Mama For Vegan Recipes, and put in some text like this:

I love the Cooking Mama series and PETA’s new parody of it, but I would love to see Mama make more animal based recipes or even a game with just animal based recipes. There is no doubt that I would play it!

Animals raised and killed for food have no federal legal protection from the abuses that they suffer, including neglect, mutilations, chronic pain, and crippling, but we are at the top of the food chain for a reason.  So PETA can get over it.

Please consider adding an animal based recipe Cooking Mama game to your wonderful series, and gamers around the world will love you for it.

Your fellow friendly meat eater.

Now I really hope PETA comes to this article, haha.

PS: I am going to hell for being an asshole…

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
    How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Father Time says:

And then the hippies will rejoice saying ‘thank God we don’t have to associate with these nuts anymore’.

Such a fight would be awesome and hell maybe we could sell tickets.

Anyway PETA and MADD almost have a rumble but they didn’t, pity too.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Vash-HT says:

Good for you Majesco, humans are meant to eat animals, whether or not they are tortured has no bearing on this game. You don’t prepare your own meat int he game, PETA jsut wants everyone to be a hardcore vegan. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if some plant advocate group shot up who was against the mistreatment and eating of plants. Then they and PETA could fight it out over which we should eat (hopefully destroying both in the process).

Father Time says:

I heard the VP uses insulin but can you get me a source on your claim?

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

Twin-Skies says:

"Yeah, ask for recipies like lobster (boiled alive) or that cool HK recipe where they put shrimp in a bowl filled with wine and they get totally s***faced drunk, and then they fry up the little bastards!  "

I believe the recipe is called "Drunken Shrimp." The way they prepare it here, the shrimps are marinated live in a rice wine mixture before they’re steamed. Served with a soysauce/vinegar/leek dip. They’re yummy, but shelling them takes some time.  A favorite for Chinese special occasions.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Adamas Draconis says:

Personally, I pop the lobster in the freezer for a couple minutes first. It forces them into an almost hibernation-like state. Then I take a heavy knife, put the point in the seam on their head and press down. Quick,clean, and they don’t feel a thing.

HungryHungryHomer says:

Oh, but by having a domesticated animal, you’ve upset the delicate balance of man and nature. That poor, pampered pup of yours is an abomination against nature. No, no, clearly the best thing to do would be to euthanize the poor thing so it will no longer miss the sirens call of not having regular meals and a warm place to sleep.

Austin_Lewis says:

Everyone watch closely as they complain about using the dog as a ‘slave’.

Of course, even having a dog as a pet is ‘slavery’ to PETA.  So I, apparently, own a slave.  Except my slave doesn’t do any work, and eats my expensive xbox controllers, my best steaks, anything left within his reach that might be tasty, and my wife’s pillow (happened two nights ago, she spilled steak juice on it.

shady8x says:

PETA’s goal is not ethical treatment of animals.

It’s stated goal is the "total liberation of all animals"

So no using of animals for any reason whatsover, that includes cooking them, using game chars that look like animals or even having pets… They have been caught several times adopting all animals from a shelter and then DUMPING THE DEAD BODIES OF THOSE ANIMALS INTO TRASH BINS… From that I assume that PETA’s point is better dead then used as a pet…

PETA are crazed zealot terrorists and nothing more…

C. Aaron Browbowski Jr. says:

just like jesus jack jones thompson, their point is that games are bad as killing animals

Jesus Jack Jones Thompson…. is dead… (funeral udruge, followed by Celebrate 😀 )

Bennett Beeny says:

It seems to me that PETA attacked simply because cooking came to gaming.  I’m all for the ethical treatment of animals, but since no animals were actually harmed during the making of this game, and since no one is suggesting that the game advocates animal torture, I’m just not sure what PETA’s point is here.

Krono says:

The thing is, PETA’s not so much for the ethical treatment of animals as they are for an end to domestication of animals, and hunting of animals. The ethical treatment thing (what little PETA does there) is small battles along the way.

gamegod25 says:

PETA = facepalm

If you’re a vegetarian (or whatever) that’s fine but don’t blow things out of proportion. I’m all for ethical treatment of animals but it hurts your cause when you stupid **** like this.

I_Kerotan_I says:

So just about 50% of the dishes are made from meat.  Boy PETA, don’t you look a tad foolish.

Also, while I’m on the subject, why don’t PETA just get on with it and start fire bombing the houses of meat eaters, since clearly cooking is the devils work in their eyes.