GP at Independent Game Conference Today

Posting was a bit light yesterday as I was traveling from Philly to Texas for the Independent Game Conference in Austin.

I’ll be presenting at the conference later today. My ramblings aside, the IGC has some terrific speakers lined up, including Gordon Walton of BioWare Austin, Alex Seropian of Wideload Games and author/developer Sheri Graner Ray (Gender Inclusive Game Design-Expanding the Market).

It should be a fun day. I’ll try to post a recap later on.

UPDATE: The group which attended my session was an interesting mix. The conference is mostly attended by game developers and game development students. As I traced the nexus between video games and politics for the audience, I was a bit surprised to hear from a couple of attendees who were quite concerned about violence in games. I don’t normally hear that from industry types and I was pleased to see that it kicked off a spirited discussion.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

"we’ve already established I’m a nerd…"

Actually, I think the term is "otaku" but IDK.

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

Zevorick says:

I went to an anime convention in Austin once (we’ve already established I’m a nerd…). It’s a… rather boring town if you ask me. I much prefer houston, although the air is practically toxic there. anyways, enjoy yourself in my good ole state.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

I dunno, I just figured that if CAD City was in Texas, Ethan would have a motive to go back to BioWare. Then again, it’s ETHAN we’re talking about here, so…

OBJECTION! Irrelevant!

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

E. Zachary Knight says:

CAD taking place in the US didn’t stop Ethan from hopping the border to go to Edmonton, Alberta. So why would CAD taking place outside Texas stop him from going to Austin?

E. Zachary Knight
    Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
    MySpace Page:
    Facebook Page:

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Oh, crap. I hope the town CAD takes place in isn’t in Texas, or Ethan is gonna be in BioWare again. An earlier arc had Ethan infiltrating BioWare to get an early copy of Mass Effect.

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

Austin_Lewis says:

Make sure you eat at an authentic roadhouse.  I always enjoy those.  Also, if you have a night free, go to the Alamo draft house and watch a movie with a meal and a beer.  Always a good time.

That city still sucks though.

Shadow D. Darkman says: