German Activist Calls EA a “Pig of a Company” …Plus Detailed Report on Anti-violence Conference

It may be Turkey Day here in the United States, but the sister of a prominent German video game violence critic has termed Electronic Arts "that pig of a company" at a conference in Munich.

As reported by, Regina Pfeiffer made the remarks at the Computer Game and Violence conference late last week. Ms. Pfeiffer is the sister of Christian Pfeiffer, the head of Lower Saxony’s Criminological Research Institute (KFN). Regina Pfeiffer also works at KFN. According to the report, she was frustrated in her efforts to sue EA over a violent game (Dead Space?) because the publisher is not headquartered in Germany.

EA exec Martin Lorber fired back at Pfeiffer, saying:

Should Mrs. Regina Pfeiffer have actually lost her composure to the point of describing Electronic Arts as being a ‘a pig of a company’, then I can only recommend that she apologises in full – at least, [she should] if she wishes to be taken seriously again in the future…

The [conference] organisers had no interest in holding discussions with the people who manufacture the games that were being criticised there. Initially, I found this very regrettable, because I had told the conference that I would be willing to hold a question and answer session. But now that I see how low the level of discussion obviously was, I’m glad that I didn’t waste my time.

European GamePolitics reader Soldat Louis offers more insights into the controversial gathering:

There was a conference held in Munich about "computer games and violence", that reunited many researchers on the effects of violent games. Most were German, to the exception of [Iowa State’s] Douglas Gentile. I created a thread [in GP Forums] and tried to translate the first reports on this conference as best as I could…

One longitudinal study presented at the conference (and published in the Journal of Media Psychology) claimed that "violent games" are the #1 risk factor in violent criminality… Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Hermann took advantage of this conference to call for a ban on "extremely violent video games". And fourth, because despite all that, there were voices of the reason, such as Douglas Gentile and, to some extent, [journalist] Rainer Fromm.

For Soldat Louis’ fascinating, full write-up, hit the jump…

Douglas Gentile was, by far, the most moderate of the panel. He called to get rid of the simplistic idea that "video games are either good or bad". And altough he criticized ESRB, he opposed to a ban of the most violent games, asking for more media literacy instead.

Werner Hopf, who presented a longitudinal study claiming that violent video games is the most important risk factor in violent criminality (see the abstract here), rejected this idea, claiming that it was a trick of video game industry. Not only did he call for a ban of "extremely violent computer games", but he also called for the suppression of USK (German rating systems) because according to him it’s too close to the industry. He asked for its replacement by a more independent rating organization.

USK was also criticized by researchers from the KFN, the Criminology Institute lead by Christian Pfeiffer, one of the most vocal German opponents against "killer games". Regine Pfeiffer, Christian’s sister, even attacked Electronic Arts violently, calling it a "pig company".

Finally, journalist Rainer Fromm reiterated his objections against saddistic and militaristic games (that included not only FPS, but also some WWII strategy games that, he thinks, are ambiguous on the role of German Army). But he also said that he considered video games per se as a great hobby, even telling that he plays them regularly as well as his children. He also reiterated his very positive opinion of eSports.

Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Hermann was happy about the success of this conference, and it confirmed him in his view that some violent games such as GTA 4 or The Godfather : Don Edition must be banned…

Regine Pfeiffer says:

Regine Pfeiffer

You gave a very detailed and specific report on the conference.

But NONE of the media, neither you nor any other one, quoted what I had said about Electronic Arts, so your readers are not able to understand my anger.

If your German is good enough you can read my version of the story on

The Godfather contains what in GErmany is called Glorification of Violence. We – with our special history – have good reasons for this kind of law and The Godfather violates this law.

My anger against Electronic Arts, the game and particularly the official Game Guide was about this:

it openly and shamlessly declares that it is fun to fry people over the fire. I agreed with Rainer Fromm that things that draw on Holocaust Events should not  be part of a video game. Particularly NOT in GERMANY. Even the oven in The Godfather looks like those in Auschwitz!!!!! Disgusting. I never brought this up in public, because it may have happenend without intention. Maybe those people don’t even know what Auschwitz looked like.

Regine Pfeiffer

I would liketo discuss this with you.

I don’t like the picture here, and I very much regretted that I used the pigs as a term of abuse. I made a donation to a group that fight against – what is this in English- the conditions of animal transportations. So I Did apologize. Not to EA, however, but to the pigs.

EA spread lies all over. They said, they demanded – DEMANDED – an apology from me. But in fact, they did not. Their PR man, Mr. Lorber wrote friendly e-mails to me. The world apology did not appear in these letters.

Soldat_Louis says:

German game site published last week its own report on this conference. It’s very instructive and more complete than’s report. Contrary to many game sites, Krawall doesn’t care too much about Regine Pfeiffer’s insults, because in fact, the main worries are the level of the arguments (very low, despite some moderate contributions, such as Dr. Gentile’s), and the tone of many presenters (aggressive, one-sided, and disrespectful towards other schools of thought).

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Hey, it’s Freakazoid! Where ya been, man?

(Haven’t seen the series in God knows how long.)

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

Freakazoid says:

This conference was not more than a big joke as the invitation to it already implied how the topic is going to be "discussed" (namely not at all… this was not more than an industry bashing event). And besides Mr. Pfeiffer and his family can not be taken serious anyway. Mr Pfeiffer appeared several times on German state-run TV were he was presented as an "expert" on the subject and the "facts" he provided were so polemic and full of factual errors that you can call them laughable at best (so he and JT actually got a lot in common). I think he really believes what he is saying, nevertheless he has no substantial knowledge on the subject. He (as well the referred Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Hermann) call out for a ban of violent videogames in order to "protect our children" ignoring the fact that the products they claim to dangerous to children are a) already not available to minors by law (which already is one of the most strict worldwide) since almost a decade now (and even then strong violence is usually cut out) and b) were never designed or advertised to be a product for kids. The problem seems to be that they missed the last 20 years and still think video games in general are something that only kids enjoy and play.

And claiming the industry does not invite critics to their events is just plain wrong. Alone in Germany there are several events open to everybody (especially including critics) which try to give a platform for a resonable discussion (e.g. "Clash of Realities" at the Cologne University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with EA).

Father Time says:

In my opinion if you want to make the goriest game you can you should be able to. Hell I wouldn’t care if they honestly had a school shooting simulator (and by that I don’t mean an accurate recreation of a real event like Super Columbine Massacre RPG, nor a simple shooter in a school like that one mod, but just go into a school and kill as many as you can).

If the players don’t like the excessive gore then they can ask the developers to change it or give them an option to reduce gore in the game. If people honestly hated gore then the games wouldn’t sell that much.

Oh and people have been decrying society’s ills on new media for quite a while now. Hell even penny theatres were blamed on youth crime (I have a source on this too, but it isn’t online).

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

clownluv247 says:

no, we DONT need to meet in the middle on this.plain and simple, i dont care if they DO make flat-out murder simulators, if somebody is willing to make them and others are willing to purchase them, as long as they are kept from the hands of children by retailers. if a parent is too stupid to decide for themselves if their child should be playing a game, then chances are that kids gonna have bigger problems then the game anyhow.

and dont speak bad on fallout 3, yes that gore was necessary(ok maybe not, but god is it cool)

GETaLIFE says:

There is certainly a lot of violence in many video games (probably not a GREAT thing), and the debate is healthy.

But wouldn’t you all agree that of all the game manufacturers – EA is one of the lightest offenders.

Perhaps if Ms Pfeiffer did some homework she might know that, for many years- EA was the pure little lamb, when it comes to violent games.

Maybe she should throw the "p" word (pig) at Sega for their, early ’09, planned release. "MadWorld" – oink!

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Dude, quit it. You weren’t the first, and you probably won’t be the last, though I pray for everyone’s sake that you are the last, lest I have to go Ultimate Shadow on someone. We told them the same thing we told you, it doesn’t work with him now STFU already!

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

Secre says:

The biggest proof, mister Thompson, that video games are NOT as violent as many people suggest, relies on your inability to state even a single solid fact.  If we were violent, murdering, drug induced idiots like you have claimed many times in the past, your head would have rolled down the street a long time ago.  I think you should thank God that you’re wrong, and that these studies are wrong.

Read.  Learn.  Stop being stupid.  You are dismissed.

Wolvenmoon says:

This entire argument is much like the shitstorm over ‘rock music’ in the 60s. We went from yellow submarine and the beatles being humongously evil and cried out about in the media to death metal and rap that very explicitly glorifies violent acts.

We need to stop the ball somewhere in between. Advocating for an unlimited industry will get us our ‘death metal’ and quite literally the murder simulators a certain idiot blabbers about.

It’s like fire. Only an idiot says laying on it is safe, and only an idiot stays so far away that he can’t see and freezes his toes off. We’re leaning into the fire, it needs to stop.

Oblivion is awesome fun! The zombies and gore are real enough and push up against most people’s boundaries.

Fallout 3 is pushing it in the gore department, did they really have to include that to make it a fun game? Does it get them more sales than it loses?

Harry Miste says:

We’ve tried this before. It just gives him a false sense of victory.

It’s best to confront him head on than avoid his arguments; he’ll swing back anyway.

XBOX LIVE GamerTag: Harry Miste | Steam ID: Harry Miste | PSN ID: HMiste | EYE. HAVE. YOU.

JustChris says:

I see this as more of "Look at us Europe and America! We’re overcompensating for our Nazi past! We’re uber-pacifist sissy guys in every way possible!"

JDKJ says:

Hey, I’m down with GamePolitics as much as the next guy and actually think it’s come a long way since its days on LiveJournal and has matured into a well-written and well-presented site . . .  but it ain’t the Wall Street Journal or BBC News on-line.  MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF PUBLICITY from posts responding to Jack Thompson? I think not. Whether all-caps or not.

HilaryDuffGta says: (and boom goes the dynamite)

Real Good People..Jeez lets provoke Jack thompson now and see what will happen…some of you may find this funny but lets look at it…When he said Gta san andreas wouldnt see the light of day did it??? oh wait it did…Well that doesnt matter what about liberty city stories?? did we see that game..Damn that got released too..Wait! i know what happened to vice city stories…Jeez i forgot that got released also…Damn this guy must have done something to show us his "Scary power"  wait…Does anyone remember ever even seeing or being able to play the school simulator game bully?? Oh yea that got released also…

I guess jack has done nothing with his career..

Soldat_Louis says:

Once again, thanks for the credit. But all I did was to (try to) read the most detailed report on this conference written by German website (see here, in 5 pages : ). Then I tried to sum up and translate the major points.

Note that altough it’s the most detailed report, it’s not complete. For example, some presentations (including one by Dr. Günther Huber, a very nice person by the way) weren’t covered at all. It’s a pity, because almost all gaming websites who covered this conference based their coverage solely on Golem’s report.

To beemoh, about the media literacy seen as "a trick of video game industry", here is the exact quote from Golem’s report (see page 2 : ) :

"[Douglas] Gentile zielte damit auf mehr Medienkompetenz bei den Eltern. Dem erteilte der Schulpsychologe Doktor Werner Hopf eine klare Absage: "Das ist eine Phrase, die von der Industrie seit den 90er Jahren verbreitet wird.""

And here is how GoogleTrad translates it :

"Gentile thus sought to more literacy among parents. Which gave the school psychologist Doctor Werner Hopf a clear rejection: "This is a phrase adopted by the industry since the 90s disseminated.""

From this, I deduce that Dr. Hopf really rejected the concept of "media literacy" as a trick from video game industry.

Finally, considering Regine Pfeiffer’s attempts to sue EA over a game, I don’t think that the game is Dead Space, but rather The Godfather. In Germany, it replaced Grand Theft Auto in the role of the Arch-Enemy of opponents to video game violence. They claim that in The Godfather and its Don Edition, you are rewarded for torturing certain people. Anyone who played the game, can you confirm ?

Paul T. Farinelli says:

"Wanna bet?  I’m the industry’s worst nightmare, and I have about 240 million people in this country agreeing with me.  Jack Thompson"

Wrong on all counts. If you were the industries worst nightmare, by now at least one of your doomsday predictions concerning the state of the industry would have come true. Secondly, I love this whole "everyone agrees with me, you gamers are just a bunch of anomalies" attitude as well. Yes, everyone in the country hates videogames, just ignore the fact that a majority of the people in this country and the world play them. And you have no leg to stand on with your "Obama’s gonna ban these games" argument. The most Obama has ever said regarding games is "kids should focus on their homework rather than just playing games or watching tv". So judging by that statement, I take it we can bet on him banning television shows as well?

beemoh says:

>claiming that it was a trick of video game industry.

Oh, for goodness sake. I seriously hope that’s a mistranslation on Soldat’s part, but considering the way Regine Pfeiffer chose to conduct herself, it probably isn’t.

Leet Gamer Jargon says:

Wanna bet?

Sure. How does $43k sound?

I’m the industry’s worst nightmare

HAH!! You wish! Delusional thoughts from Fantasy Island!

and I have about 240 million people in this country agreeing with me.

What people in what country, where? Cuz I know a few people in my family don’t count for that. I know I don’t, but maybe that’s because I’m an "insignificant factor" and "don’t count", or some shit like that….right?! I’m also guessing a few of those "people" are the voices in your head, right?

And what the hell is with your new username? "obamaissavior"? Are you trying to be sarcastic, or did you actually betray your conservative buddies? I wonder how they’d feel if they saw you have that username….

Game on, brothers and sisters.

Father Time says:

You their worse nightmare? Come on Thompson you can’t seriously believe that. You are a pundit, and that’s it. You failed in your attempts to get Bully banned, and in your attempts to have certain game companies be held responsible for certain murders.

In fact I don’t think the industry would consider you a nightmate unless you got into piracy.

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" – Tasmanian devil

BearDogg-X says:

Might want to drop a few zeroes from that number, loser.

Worst nightmare? More like a stain on the underwear of life.

Practice what you preach: Grow up and get a life.

Geaux Saints, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Hornets, Jack Thompson can geaux chase a chupacabra.

Saints(3-4), LSU(7-0)

Adamas Draconis says:

Considering theres just over 300 million in this country, and about 25% are too young to vote, and I’d say half (Just to be conservative) are "Brain dead" gamers, and say half of the remainder never even heard of the asshole…how he’s coming up with 240 million I have no clue since I’m coming up with just over 25 million that aren’t either telling Jackie to fuck off,are just ambivalent, or don’t know or dive a flying fook about him.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

JustChris says:

If you’re the industry’s worst nightmare, then it’s certainly comforting to know you’re the most powerful figure in the anti-games brigade. Like an army being led by a circus monkey. They say that the weakest dogs bark the loudest.

Erik says:

And we are very thankful that you are the "best" that the anti-gaming movement can muster up.  Really John, how many games have you prevented from coming out?  Oh yeah, zero.  If your impotent crusade is all we have to worry about, then we have no worries.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

DavCube says:

First off, Mr. Thompson, it’s Thanksgiving. Shouldn’t you be spending it with people you actually LIKE? (My guests have already left)

Secondly, what orifice on your body did that number crawl from?

David Gagnon, Mature Human Being, and You’re Not.

PS: Still waiting for you to add me to your list for that lawsuit you keep threatening. I’m not afraid. You can tell me.

NovaBlack says:

couldnt agree more! dont forget that only about 3 weeks ago his username was in support of McCain.. now look at it…

He cant help it, his brain is going in hs old age, hes rather forgetful.

as for ‘worst nightmare’ there is only one suitable response….

sorry.. *hides face behind hand giggling uncontrollably* .. i mean.. err.. yes jackie.. whatever.. you HAHA*buries head in sweatshirt- muffled laughter ensues* …say.. if you want to be big n scary, you go right ahead… *wipes tears from eyes*.

seriously.. you .. our worst nightmare? man, your narcissistic personality disorder is really working overtime isnt it.

MaJeStIc_12_x says:

While I have your attention Jack, I’d like to know why you flip-flop so much.

Didn’t you originally state that you didn’t want any games to be banned, you just wanted to restrict the sales of these games to minors? Of course, I wasn’t present at this meeting, but it seems like they want an outright ban on these games in Germany. Doesn’t that conflict with your intent?

Not only that, but it seems like you don’t really know exactly what your intent is. As I recall, you sent a letter to then California State Attorney General Bill Lockyear asking that police be instructed to remove copies of "25 To Life" from stores and destroy them, an action tantamount to book burning. Didn’t you also classify yourself as a "first amendment lawyer" at one point in time?

It seems to me that you are the biggest flip-flop this country has seen since John Kerry.

Lcpuche says:

what are you talking about? Again i ask. who the hell do you think you are? Do you think you are in some kind of level above everybody and that you decide what is good for people with biased results of Unconclusive research?

You know the difference between you and the industry? Industry makes money aout of giving people fun, You do attempting to make people miserable.

BearDogg-X says:

First, you whine when you’re not invited to any of their conferences. Hell, son, you whined when the Penny Arcade guys withdrew an invitiation to a debate because you couldn’t keep your mouth shut until the date of it, so who’s really the "baby"? Maybe instead of buying 100 shares of Take-Two’s stock(making you a hypocrite by making money off their games while criticizing and trying to keep them from even selling them), maybe you should have bought shares in Johnson & Johnson’s No More Tears Baby Shampoo or Pampers Diapers.

Second, When EA was trying to hostilely take over Take-Two, you were doing jumping jacks, blowing smoke, and sold your Take-Two shares to them, so the "woman" that called EA a "pig" was technically calling you a "pig" as well.

Finally, the so-called "link" was never proven by anyone without an agenda to feed. Dr. Tanya Byron’s report effectively destroyed all the "studies" you claim "proves" a "link".

As Pee-Wee Herman would say, "I know you’re an anti-free speech thug, but what is Hal?"

So once again, you were actually behind the actual curve again.

And if you had any testicular fortitude(a term that Mick Foley coined, so Foley should sue you for royalties), you’d name the state you’re alledgedly working with and post point for point your alledged "bulletproof" bill.

Then again, maybe you’re telling another lie.

Practice what you preach, Metropolitian Moron of Miami: Grow up and get a life. And get a new job while you’re at it, since you can’t get your old one back.

Nostradamus was always wrong.

Saints(3-4), LSU(7-0)

SounDemon says:

If you’re the Nostradamus of the video game industry, does that mean you’re a crazy old man who writes about everybody dying and then 300 years later will be perceived as a prophet?

Erik says:

"Finally, the linkage between violent games and violence has been so thoroughly proven that now the entire European Union obviously gets it."

And despite being so "thorouglhy proven" you have yet to provide any evidence here.  Come on Jack, if the evidence is so clear you should easily be able to provide it here.  Oh, and do bear in mind the studies that state that games may increase aggression does NOT support your claim.  Aggression =/= Violence.

And you have never commented on similar studies that place violent passages in the bible on equal footing with violent video games.  Funny that.  Come on John, in for a penny in for a pound.

Here are some studies for you to mull over:

And seeing as sports are very popular on this day here is another one for you:

How far are you willing to go with your lame crusade John boy?  Come on, if you are going to nail the First Amendment to the wall you may as well do it right.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

DavCube says:

No, Mr. Thompson. The only people disproving your precious ‘direct causal link’ that you fabricated are ACTUAL scientists.

And the California law was already pushed aside like everything else. You’ve lost. You’re no longer, nor were you ever, right. Grow up and get a life, loser.

Kincyr says:

yours truly, the Nostradamus of the video game industry.  Jack Thompson

so you’re part of the videogame industry now? And you’re too inaccurate to be a Nostradamus of anything, examples include your failed predictions of ending up not being disbarred, and McCain being president come to mind

also, calling the videogame industry "babies" and constantly harassing them puts you along the lines of a –it’s been said a lot already, I’m not going to repeat myself

岩「…Where do masochists go when they die?」

beemoh says:

>The video game industry has its own self-congratulatory conferences all the time and wouldn’t think of inviting critics to participate.

I know responding to you is a total waste of time, as you refuse to hear anything that doesn’t agree 100% with your worldview, but I’m going to anyway.

The difference here is that a standard games industry trade show like E3 isn’t an attack on anyone– E3 has never been The Jack Thompson Is Wrong, And He Should Be Banned Show.

As these shows are not in opposition to critics, there is no counterpoint to be argued, which is where a critic would otherwise come in- to carry on the JT Is Wrong Show metaphor, you have nothing to fear from the show- nobody there is trying to drum up support for you to be banned or otherwise legally restricted.

Remembering that everything relating to your disbarrment came exclusively from a judge, and not the games industry, based on the conduct of you and you alone, regardless of however many little conspiracies you have floating around in your head)

This conference is very much an attack on- and in opposition to- videogames, or at least a subset thereof, particuarily with an eye to forming laws and government policy. It is very much The (Violent) Videogames Are Wrong And Should Be Banned Conference. Therefore, the people being attacked- stakeholders in the gaming artform- should be there to defend themselves, as it is these stakeholders that it affects.

NovaBlack says:

”Finally, the linkage between violent games and violence has been so thoroughly proven that now the entire European Union obviously gets it. ”

its been ‘so thoroughly proven’ that the uk’s recently commissioned report into the effects of violent video games by Tanya Byron(the UK is part of Europe by the way DisbarredGuy, incase you’ve forgotten) found that there WAS NO CLEAR LINK!

wow.. you are a professional failure.

oh and PLEASE dont talk about yourself in the 3rd person, its unsettling and further indicates you have severe narcissistic personality disorder.

Neeneko says:

Hmmm.  This is an intersting example of a tactic I have been seeing from the right-wing media lately.  Inviting ineffective ‘opposing’ guests, slanting things to make sure they loose, and then claiming that unlike the ‘left’ they actually listen to the other side.

Which only makes sense to people who ONLY watch the right wing shows.. since they see thier left counterparts ‘correctly’ being torn apart (or filling various stereotypes) and loosing like the ‘morons’ that they obviously are… yet they fail to watch the liberal leaning shows that tend to have actual debate with concevatative who are not set up to look like idiots and thus get some real discussion.

NPR for instance frequently has evangelical, goldwater, and regan concervatives including old high ranking officals.. and they have spawned some really intersting disucssions since *gasp* the interviewers actually treat them with respect and listen to what they say instead of berating them for the audiance.

hellfire7885 says:

And if I remember right, you were invited to PAX, actually invited, however, since yo urefused to resist the publicity you wouldn’t stay quiet about it despite being asked, and they had to cancel because they knew they wouldn’t be able to contro lthat crowd and something could have happened, and despite that they possibly saved you form injury, you decided to ,again, shift blame to them, even though ti was YOU who refused ot keep it to yourself.

hellfire7885 says:

Got yet another account banned Thompson?

And you’re as anti free speech as they come.

ANd if you were such a Nostradamus, woudln’t at least one of your little attempts to get an uncontintuional bill pass have succeeded by now?

ANd it figures, it’s a national holiday you coudl be enjoyign with your family, but I guess your illegal cyberstalking takes priority over them nowadays huh?

How predictable. Must be lonely o nthat pedestle.

obamathesaviour says:

I love this story, for a couple of reasons.  The video game industry has its own self-congratulatory conferences all the time and wouldn’t think of inviting critics to participate. The critics have their own conference, and the industry throws a hissy fit that a) criticism comes out of it, and b) they weren’t invited.  Poor babies.

Secondly, the only thing inappropriate about calling Electronic Arts a "pig" of a company is that this epithet defames swine.  EA’s executives should be forced to roll around in pig slop for 24 hours to get all the filth off them that they have accumulated in their board meetings.

Finally, the linkage between violent games and violence has been so thoroughly proven that now the entire European Union obviously gets it.  The only pockets of ignorant idiocy in which the causal link is not comprehended are gamer enthusiast sites run by anti-free speech thugs like Hal Halpin and at a meeting called by the ESRB’s Patricia Vance which only she attends.

Jack Thompson has once again been proven, by the above article, to be ten years ahead of the curve that you nitwits are just now discovering.  You’re welcome.

And get ready for the video game bill that is in the hopper in one of the fifty states that will prove a huge pain in the buttocks for the entire video game industry, courtesy of yours truly, the Nostradamus of the video game industry.  Jack Thompson

Erik says:

Well to be fair John is sort of like Nostradamus.  Nostradamus’ prophecies are so vauge and cryptic that there has been a number of events that could be applies to the same prophecies.  So when Jack says "someone who plays video games is going to kill people" its not like Thompson is really setting the bar all that high.  When you consider the massive contingent of society that plays video games it is only logical that, yes, there are going to be some criminals.  To put it in perspective I can state with 100% assurance that tomorrow someone wearing shoes will commit murder tomorrow.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

BearDogg-X says:

EZK, even if we did get down to his level(which is around the bottom of the Pacific Ocean), we’d still be at a higher level than the worthless turd.

Just saying.

Saints(3-4), LSU(7-0)

BearDogg-X says:

Your "license" from Bizarro World doesn’t count, Metropolitian Moron of Miami.

Practice what you preach: Grow up and get a life.

Saints(3-4), LSU(7-0)

HarmlessBunny says:

Even on your conservative blog, it still lists you as a "former lawyer" (very candy-coated indeed!) as well as the Florida Bar website has you listed as non-eligible to practice law. Tell me Jack, is this yet another lie (you have lied quite a bit and have been declared guilty of lying in court, to media, etc etc on several counts) or just a dellusion?

DavCube says:

…So you’re still in denial, sir? Let me phone the Miami Dade to tell them that there’s a crackpot impersonating a lawyer in the county. Bye-bye, ‘sweetie.’

Pierre-Olivier says:

Sorry but you’re no Nostradamus and you’re no lawyer. If you really predicted, you would’ve did so before Columbine which you didn’t. And in case you never noticed, no causal links were found. only correlation links (could and couldn’t).

You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about. More an more psycologists and politicians take the more balanced "information" approach instead of the most irrationnal "ban" approach.

P.S. Where I live, psycologists thinks that the violent video game debate is just as outdated as the early 1900s adventure novels debate and the Elvis Presley debate.

Canary Wundaboy says:

No Jack, DISBARRED.

You just don’t get it do you? How did anyone as thick as you even BEGIN to consider themselves a lawyer?! You’re a disgrace to the profession, to your family, to the faith you claim to present, and most of all you’re a pathetic puddle of scum on the highway of humanity.

You are DONE Jackass. Accept it and move on with your life.

hellfire7885 says:

Photocopy of a renewed BAR liscense or it didn’t happen.

Because as I recall, you were disbarred for life with absolutely no chance to re-apply, and since state BAR associations to communicate to one another, uprooting your family and moving to another state is doubtful to work.

Afirejar says:

If Brits honestly believe, that anyone in the EU outside of Germany (or outside of Bavaria, or even in Bavaria) cares – or has reason to care – about the ramblings of the Bavarian Interior Minister about video games, we don’t want you in the EU anyway, thank you very much. We have enough clueless morons as it is.

Now, since you’re that condescending, this must mean, you finally got rid of Keith Vaz? Thought so.

Canary Wundaboy says:

And the Germans wonder why we Brits are reluctant to further join ourselves to Europe. I’ll give you a clue Hermann, it’s because of crazy shit like this, and the morons running the EU.

Kincyr says:

Bob Dole jokes anyone? Seriously, other people like Jack who referred to themselves in the third person are Joseph Stalin and Saddam Hussein

岩「…Where do masochists go when they die?」

JDKJ says:

You’d think that Jack would want to take at least one day a year off from being a complete idiot. And that he’d be too busy basting a turkey to spend time evading yet another ban from GamePolitics.

Rodrigo Ybáñez García says:

Is really shocking to see a country as Germany acting like they still live in XVIII century and making statements based in bias and fear, hidden behind the psycological mask and the classic "protek the childrnenz" bu11sh1t…

I´m from Mexico and here we have many problems with cartels and kidnapping. If our authorities start to use violent media as a cause of all this crime wave, it´s gonna be very worrying to live in this country, even more.

When your goverment start to look problems in fiction instead real life, is not a good time.

The cynical side of videogames (spanish only): My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship):

Arell says:

Considering that most of the conference was German, the overall attitude wasn’t surprising.  Germany is slowly becoming a police / nanny state, and they blame anything they can for their society’s ills.  Video games in particular get a lot of flak there, and it is the leading country in the Western world when it comes to censorship and regulation.

I give thanks today for Free Speech.  Because I know how rare and fragile it is in other parts of the world.

obamathesaviour says:

Paul T. Farinelli says:

Well since it’s thanksgiving, I suppose I’m thankful that our country has no serious movement to actually get rid of certain games, Jack Thompson’s baseless prediction that Obama will take it upon himself to legislate violence in games not withstanding.

MaJeStIc_12_x says:

Is it time to start keeping tabs on Germany? Enough ultra-conservatives like Hermann and Pfeiffer, and they might start ending meetings with Sieg Heil.

KayleL says:

Yeah… Violence was pretty rare before video games. Stats say at least in the States, violence been sky rocketing since Doom. This conference was fair sided, and still kicked the game industry’s ass.

BearDogg-X says:

That "conference" turned out to be one-sided, ignorant, and filled with mentally deficent morons lying to justify their persecution.

It just proved one thing: Certain Germans like Hermann and the Pfeiffers never left the country’s past despite the country not wanting anything to do with it anymore.

As far as Regina Pfeiffer goes, if EA’s a "pig", then I guess that makes her a dog. I could also say something about incest, but that’d be going too far.

Saints(3-4), LSU(7-0)