Drug Lords iPhone Title is Renamed for App Store Acceptability

December 2, 2008 -

What's in a name?

App Store approval, perhaps.

Pocket Gamer UK reports that Drug Lords, a drug dealing sim for the iPhone, has been renamed Underworld by its developer, a-steroids.

The move is apparently by way of not alarming the folks who run the App Store. From Pocket Gamer:

a-steroids contacted us to announce the game has finally been submitted to the App Store. Assuming approval, you should be able to start hawking your illicit narcotics sometime in December. But, in order to grease the wheels, the game has undergone rebranding. So, like a GTA hot car respray, it's goodnight Drug Lords, good morning Underworld. The name is less controversial and certainly more App Store friendly.

The game sets you up a small-time drug pusher, selling your stash on the local street corner to other players, and even makes use of the iPhone's GPS functionality, meaning you'll be wheelin' and dealing from your realworld local street corner... the map screen now includes data on pushers in your local vicinity...

a-steroids notes on its website that the game will be free. But, when it comes to drug dealing, isn't the first one always free?

Comments

Re: Drug Lords iPhone Title is Renamed for App Store

This has been done on calculators for years, now someone had the bright idea to bring it to the Iphone? Bah I say!

Re: Drug Lords iPhone Title is Renamed for App Store

I'm your pusherman.

Seriously, that'd be a great song to play on your iPhone or your iPod while you play this new take on a game that's been out on PDA's forever.

Re: Drug Lords iPhone Title is Renamed for App Store

It is really very shocking.

Re: Drug Lords iPhone Title is Renamed for App Store

So, how long are you going to spam this shit before you realize nobody cares?

--- Official Protector of Videoland!

--- Official Protector of Videoland!

Re: Drug Lords iPhone Title is Renamed for App Store

This one'll be tears before bedtime.

Can you imagine people with Iphones swapping or discussing the locations of local dealers? The potential for authoritive cock-ups are massive...

Re: Drug Lords iPhone Title is Renamed for App Store

Imagine the chaos that will reign here in the U.S. what with us having the patriot act and all.

----------------------------------------------------

"What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?" - Tasmanian devil

---------------------------------------------------- Debates are like merry go rounds. Two people take their positions then they go through the same points over and over and over again. Then when it's over they have the same positions they started in.

Re: Drug Lords iPhone Title is Renamed for App Store

But well worth it sicne thoes dumb enough to like palying drug lord need a good arse cleaning in the holding cell. :X

I is fuzzy brained mew =^^=
(in need of a bad overhaul)

---

Re: Drug Lords iPhone Title is Renamed for App Store

Heh True, I'm pretty sure that 'Online Experience may Differ' wasn't intended to mean having your door kicked down at 4am for what turns out to be possession of an IPhone with intent to supply... ;)

Poll