Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

December 20, 2008 -

Bethesda mailed out 2008 holiday cards featuring a Fallout 3 theme.

Very nice.

UPDATE: Joystiq is running their own gallery of game-themed holiday cards.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

The theme is really very nice.

Wii Fit

Guitar Hero World Tour

Re: Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

I got bored with Fallout 3 after a few hours wandering through a depressing wasteland doing assassinations and garbage collection for assorted trailer trash and hobos.  If games get any more pointless, dark and depressing I'm just going to give up on my Xbox altogether.  Heck, if I wanted to have the Fallout 3 experience I would have become a garbage collector in New York - at least that way I'd get paid for the job.

Re: Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

Bioshock is worse :P
=================================
Pirates,Shearers,Lenders and downloaders are not a market that can be taped by the mainstream.
---------------------------------
I is fuzzy brained mew =^^=

---

Re: Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

It's missing the greatest Fallout 3character of all:  Liberty Prime!

Re: Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

I've personally never laughed so hard in a game than I did during that move towards the end with LP. It almost made up for the ending.

• "Death is a preferable alternative to communism"
  • "Democracy is non-negotiable."
  • "Communism is the very definition of failure."
  • "Better dead... than red!"
  • "Red Chinese victory... impossible"
  • "Embrace democracy or you will be eradicated."
  • "Probability of mission hindrance... 0 percent."
  • "Freedom is the sovereign right of all Americans."
  • "Communism is Death!"
  • "Anchorage will be liberated!."
  • "COMMUNIST DETECTED ON AMERICAN SOIL! LETHAL FORCE ENGAGED!"
  • "Communism is a lie!"

What were those canisters he was pulling out of his backpack? I think it was his generator that everyone was talking about, but he threw it like a grenade and I got blown off my feet.

Re: Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

I want Liberty Prime for Christmas

The Honest Game - http://www.thehonestgame.org

The Honest Game - http://www.thehonestgame.org

Re: Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

Have a closer look at them when Libery Prime is still in the citadel base, those things are mini-nukes. He's basically a large scale walking Fat Man launcher.

It is great dialogue though, like an encapsulation of the 1950s

Re: Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

...Metal Gear!!!!

I haven't played much into Fallout 3 yet...but now I want to get to that part of the game.

Re: Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

I would like more of a dark look, but still entertaining.  Agreed on the wall paper comment.  It would be a fun thing for a lot of these guys to do.

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Re: Bethesda's Fallout 3 Holiday Card

I like this one, pity the image is too small for a wallpaper.

WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm
prh99Linux kernel patch breaks Witcher 2. Apparently it was a wrapped Windows version instead of native port. http://m.slashdot.org/story/21270301/24/2015 - 11:12am
prh99I am not a fan of QTEs. Toggle joystick to break away from an enemy is ok...01/24/2015 - 12:26am
Goth_Skunk@WonderKarp: *fistbump*01/24/2015 - 12:00am
ZippyDSMleeIts like they took the fiction from soemthing else and tried to impose it on the Turok IP 0-o01/23/2015 - 10:14pm
ZippyDSMleeuhg I mean they did not need the dumb story and needed more unreal crazy combat.01/23/2015 - 10:13pm
ZippyDSMleestyle gameplay not generic shooter stuff.01/23/2015 - 10:11pm
ZippyDSMleeI loved what they were trying to go with in 3 but it was rather messed up and buggy. Evolution is a typical corridor shooter of the time. The newer Turok is half right they just needed the non-super realistic grim dark story and more crazy Unreal style ga01/23/2015 - 10:11pm