Oh No You Didn’t: Mercs 2 Song Plays as Skins Hold Off Eagles

Sunday was a tough day for Eagles fans (like yours truly).

The Washington Redskins stymied the Eagles’ offense all day long and led 10-3 late in the fourth quarter. As the final seconds ticked off the clock, Eagles receiver Reggie Brown was stuffed at the goal line by a pair of Washington defenders.

And what song was blaring over the public address system at Washington’s Fedex Field?

Oh No You Didn’t.

The Wojahn Brothers tune is the theme for EA’s hit Mercenaries 2: World in Flames.

Cinema Blend, which picked up on the use of the Mercs 2 song, reports:

It’s a tough song to describe; essentially it’s a rap with piano accompaniment and a choir-style chorus. Somehow, all of these strange elements come together into a catchy masterpiece… it’s pretty awesome that a song created for a video game’s gotten this sort of mainstream attention.

12 comments

1. Harry Miste says:

Ah, if only I took an interest in American Football. Or sport in general.

XBOX LIVE GamerTag: Harry Miste | Steam ID: Harry Miste | PSN ID: HMiste | EYE. HAVE. YOU.

2. Meggie says:

So I DID hear that song!

I’m a big Giants fan myself but even I felt the "ouch" of that one play (the one where the Eagles caught the ball and just missed the goal line).

3. hayabusa75 says:

If your playoff hopes rely on the Raiders winning, you truly are in sad shape…

"There is no sin except stupidity." – Oscar Wilde

4. ZippyDSMlee says:

this gets a article but free radical clsoeing down dose not?
    =================================
    Pirates,Shearers,Lenders and downloaders are not a market that can be taped by the mainstream.
    ———————————
    I is fuzzy brained mew =^^=

5. Keddren says:

Goddamn right.

Now if only they hadn’t choked the previous 5 games.

I mean really.  Cincinatti??  Come on…

6. Mortium says:

I just have one thing to say…. SUCK IT PHILLY!

Hail to the Redskins
    Hail Vic-tor-y
    Braves on the Warpath
    Fight for old D.C.

Run or pass or score, we want a lot more,
    Beat em’ Swamp em’ TOUCHDOWN, Let the points soar,
    Fight on, fight on, til you have WON!
    Sons of Washington, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
  7. zel says:

That song cracks me up, suspect it’ll be on stadium playlist for moments like those for a long time to come, or untill the general fanbase finds out its from them damn violent video games!  nah… its too catchy. 😛

————————————

I am a signature virus, please copy and paste me into your signature to help me propagate.

8. sortableturnip says:

I’ve heard it a couple of times at the end of games (can’t remember which) when it’s close and the home team pulls out a win.

Great song!

9. travelsize says:

They also played it at the Linc during the Pittsburgh game. They made a big stop and then it came on. I laughed my ass off.

10. BearDogg-X says:

At least the Saints whipped the Lions yesterday 42-7, knocking Detroit to 0-15.

Now the Eagles have to beat Dallas next week and have Tampa Bay lose to Oakland to make the playoffs.

Geaux Saints, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Hornets, Jack Thompson can geaux chase a chupacabra.

Saints(3-4), LSU(7-0)