Video Documents Mass Hysteria Over Wii For Christmas

Pwn Or Die has posted a video which shows a bunch of kids wigging out as they tear the Christmas wrapping from a Wii.

John Herrman from Gizmodo watched the video and seems on target with this comment:

Remember Nintendo 64 kid? Apparently that was just the tip of the iceberg. Much kudos if you can sit through this whole video without weeping, returning everyone’s gifts or scheduling a vasectomy.

31 comments

Outrun1986 says:

The teens and adults were just as excited as the kids to get the system.  I just hope the parents bought them some additional games to go with the system as its really no fun if you get a system with only wii sports.  Personally I would be more excited with the games I would recieve with the system.  I also hope that these people recieving the gift of Wii do not ebay their systems in 2 months when they realize its not all that they thought it would be.

BrandonL337 says:

The danceing kis got moves

There have always been motherf*ckers, there will always be motherf*ckers, but what we can’t do is let them control our motherf*cking lives. -John Oliver, December 1st, 2008

-Jes- says:

My 2-year old niece behaved relatively similar over some tinkerbell toys she got for the holiday, some few hours ago…

Overly exaggerated, yes. Almost annoying, yes. Exclusive or even related to videogames, no.

PerfectLibra says:

Atleast one of these is totally fake (the one where the older kid mimics the 64 kid). I didn’t find this video bad at all – just a bunch of kids super psyched to get the present they wanted the most – if anyone says they were different then they are a liar.

The best part? "I’M CHOKING ON MY SPIT!" lol

Vake Xeacons says:

God, I want more kids! I would so get my daughter a Wii…if I didn’t already have one! I’d just love to see the look on her face. She loves that thing, and she’s only 2!

Nintendo is closing the generation gap.

Doomsong says:

Forget scheduling… I’m using the home kit.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" – Benjamin Franklin

Rabidkeebler says:

I would have found them even more cute if it weren’t for the stupid ads that kept poping up during the video.  I could only make it through the first 5 kids before I gave up due to those things.  I’m sure the rest of the kids were all amusing.

Foaming at the mouth

MrKlorox says:

I recall that video. That was fucked up indeed.; primarily because the parents and entire family laughed AT the kid and made sure to tape it.

I would have done what I said if I didn’t have my 50+ year old uncle for secret santa. He’s not much of the Wii type. Also my daughter got an actual Wii today, so that wouldn’t work to well on her either.

C. Aaron Browbowski Jr. says:

please don’t replacate the poor xbox 360 kid, that’s still fucked up as i stated before, it’s bad for a kid’s mental health

Jesus Jack Jones Thompson…. is dead… (funeral udruge, followed by Celebrate 😀 )

BrandonL337 says:

NINTENDO SIXTY-FOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!

Cecil475 says:

Wish I was a kid then. I wouldn’t go out and GET a Wii, but I wouldn’t mind be given one. Same with the PS3. IT’s not a money thing, more than me just liking the 360 better. :)

Edit: Oh, and my NES, and SNES. I didn’t really think too much of the N64 and right now, even the Wii compared to them.

– Warren Lewis

Cecil475 says:

Kinda like me when I got my SNES at Christmas 1992 (Or was it 1993? I dunno.)). My Grandmother mutered about the amount of money spent for something so small. I got the Super Scope Six game with it and My Aunt (Auntysocial on here)) gave me her copy of SimCity for it. So, yeah, I was probaly like that.

– Warren Lewis

hayabusa75 says:

Personally, I thought it was really heartwarming to see those kids so happy and excited.  Reminds me of how I acted when I first got my Super NES.  I think Herrman (and GP) are way off here.  When I read the article before actually watching the video, I was thinking it’d be a collection of kids swearing at and strangling each other over who gets to play first or stuff like that.  Carnage, you know?

Seriously, what’s wrong with being overjoyed that you got what you wanted most for Christmas?  That’s all this video really is.  They’re just kids being kids. *shrugs*

"There is no sin except stupidity." – Oscar Wilde

C. Aaron Browbowski Jr. says:

i hope it ain’t like that poor xbox 360 kid… that was purely fucked up right there!

Jesus Jack Jones Thompson…. is dead… (funeral udruge, followed by Celebrate 😀 )

C. Aaron Browbowski Jr. says:

that’s something only Jesus Jack Jones Thompson would do…

Jesus Jack Jones Thompson…. is dead… (funeral udruge, followed by Celebrate 😀 )