Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

December 25, 2008 -

Video games with Christmas themes are in short supply, writes Kombo.com.

In fact the site can only come up with one, Christmas Nights Into Dreams for the Sega Saturn (see video).

The Kombo article discounts games in the Nightmare Before Christmas series as "not produced with gamers in mind."

Via: What They Play

Posted in

Comments

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

There's the 'Christmas Carol' episode of American McGee's Grimm

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

Didn't Planescape Torment have signicent graphical differnces if played on chirstmas?

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

But at least there are April Fools games. I like the one by Blizzard for their console game.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

Donkey Kong Country 3 had a code for Christmas themed... stuff, I don't remember.  Something changed into Christmas shapes.  But I do remember a jazzy Christmas-y music remix during the bonus stages.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

I remember the original Nights into Dreams had a Christmas mode if your Saturn's date was set to December 25. Seems silly that they released a Christmas focused edition of that game. I wonder if setting the Saturn date to Dec 25 in Christmas Nights made it extra-christmasy.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

Aw c'mon you guys remember Jazz Jackrabbit, right?  Epic published TWO holiday installations for that game.

... and as I recall Ian Bogost wrote about this late year:

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

/b

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

I think the fewer Xmas games the better.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

There are lots of Flash based Christmas games, but there are not many mainstream Christmas games out there AFAIK.

Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm