28 comments

1. Shadow D. Darkman says:

Heh, I got RickRolled on New Year’s Eve only a matter of minutes before midnight (maybe over an hour, since I don’t remember when it happened), and I laughed harder than I had in a good long time.

——————————————————————————

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

2. GoodRobotUs says:

LOL

I’m glad I’m not the only person that Swing engenders that reaction from 😉

It’s like using 3 miles of plumbing to empty a sink on the ground floor….

3. Haggard says:

Yeah I know.. but it’s like imagining your parents as children. Just doesn’t work in your mind.

4. Father Time says:

Spent a good portion of the time watching the all day Looney Toons marathon on Cartoon network, one wonders why they show tom and jerry regularly yet never show looney toons.

—————————————————-

Debates are like merry go rounds Two people take their positions then they go through the same points over and over and over again. Then when it’s over they have the same positions they started in.

5. Father Time says:

Well it’s not set in modern times, Nixon died in the 90s. According to wikipedia the interviews it was based off of took place in 1973.

—————————————————-

6. GoodRobotUs says:

Spent the day getting my head around the Java Observable Interface and trying to bend my old Z80 head around Object-Orientated programming.

It’s a very useful way of coding, but so easy to let things fly out from under the radar, you have to keep a close eye on the design specs.

I think languages can get to a stage where they become too inter-connectible, for example, Java interfaces make for a useful tool, but unless you design with them in mind from the start, they can cause more confustion than assistance. This is not good when you are a University student who is learning the language whilst writing a project, since time is limited and it’s a pain to keep going back and re-writing sections based on newly gained information about the language.

From what I recall the Swing interface doesn’t implement Hardware graphics acceleration, so I might also have to learn JOgl in order to do the main screen of my Uni project, yet more to add to the ever-growing list…

7. BearDogg-X says:

Played a little GTA IV, but mainly watched the Rocky movies.

I watched LSU whip Georgia Tech 38-3 in the Chick-Fil-A(Peach) Bowl last night.

Geaux Saints, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Hornets, Jack Thompson can geaux chase a chupacabra.

Saints(3-4), LSU(7-0)

8. Haggard says:

Frost/Nixon makes me laugh.. Frost has a reputation here in the UK for being a decrepit old senile presenter, and in the film he’s some trendy young go-getter. xD

9. Haggard says:

Heh thanks.. chance of me getting the specs back though, a couple of people helped us out and one of them got hospitalised; so the police are getting involved, taking a statement from me tomorrow.

10. Scoop11 says:

Well, I just finished one file that needed to be transcribed for work and am going ot put off the other one until tomorrow — it’s the holiday, I can do that!  Also, just got Guitar Hero World Tour for Christmas from my hubby, so I’ll most likely play a few rounds of that.

11. Buckeye531 says:

Playing video games and watching bowl games (including the Rose Bowl).

I’m not a big movie-theater person, but I would like to see "Frost/Nixon" sometime.

12. Haggard says:

I got beaten up and had my glasses nicked on New Years Eve, so mostly I’ve been loafing around, squinting at Prince of Persia.

13. Bigman-K says:

Working. Yey, it sucks, but i do get paid double time and and half for it.

"No law means no law" – Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black on the First Amendment

14. Snipzor says:

Playing Tetris. Just like how I celebrated the Obama victory. Damn I promised I wouldn’t do that. Oh, and I might go see Milk, looks pretty awesome.

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your farkin’ mouth.” -Bill Hicks

15. DeepThorn says:

New goal of the year, get the Creationist Museum in Cincinnati OH shut down.

WTF man…  We have enough stupid people in the world, can our society just stick with science and not fairy tailes.  Religion is one thing, but crack pot beliefs are not acceptable…  6,000 year old Earth…  right….

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
    How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

16. black manta says:

I’m probably going to spend today, and my day off tomorrow, working on leveling my paladin in WoW to 80.  I should get to 73 by today, and with any luck 74 by the end of the weekend.

Comments are closed.