Media Coalition Gets First Amendment Scholar as New Chair

January 8, 2009 -

The Media Coalition, a free speech defense trade group which numbers the Entertainment Software Association (game publishers) and Entertainment Merchants Association (game retailers) among its members, has a new chair.

As reported by Video Business, First Amendment scholar and author Chris Finan (left) will succeed the EMA's Sean Bersell at the reigns. Of the transition, Bersell commented:

I am extremely pleased that Chris Finan, who is incredibly knowledgeable about free speech issues and well respected, is assuming the chair of Media Coalition. The leadership and credibility he brings to our efforts will enhance our ability to counter government censorship of publications and entertainment.

Speaking about his new assignment, Finan said:

Media Coalition plays a critical role in protecting what the American people can see, read and hear.

Comments

Re: Media Coalition Gets First Amendment Scholar as New Chair

But, but, I thought THompson was the only person in the US who understood the first ammendment. I'm so cofnused!!!!

Re: Media Coalition Gets First Amendment Scholar as New Chair

From the photo looks like a wholesome guy. That bring with it credibility. I'm judging a book by its cover, but that's ok. It's a comment section and it's okay if I'm completely wrong about this guy!!!

I'm new, so be gentle on me!
My site register tel domain names

Re: Media Coalition Gets First Amendment Scholar as New Chair

I wanna see Finan debate JT on the First Amendment. Epic debate is epic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm